PDA

View Full Version : Duns ams v hibs x1 tonight at gavinton 7:00 kick off.

berwickhibee
12-08-2010, 07:08 AM
if you are looking for something to do tonight,yogi will again bring down a hibs team into the borders,plenty of free parking and only £3 for adults and £1 for kids admission.

There will also be a refreshment stall and a raffle with signed hibs merchandise as the main prizes.And look out for a wee programme on sale at the entrance.:greengrin

go on take a wee trip down to border country:scarf::pray:

Tricla
12-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Mon the Dingers!

Boris
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Planning to head down for the game. Reckon best route is A1 down to Grantshouse then cut over to Duns on A6112. Any advice appreciated on best route?

khib70
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Planning to head down for the game. Reckon best route is A1 down to Grantshouse then cut over to Duns on A6112. Any advice appreciated on best route?
Quickest way is to turn off the A68 onto the A697 at Carfraemill, then turn off along the B road signposted for Duns. The ground is just off the main road before you get to the town, on the road up to Gavinton. Can't make it myself I'm afraid, but many of my family live in Duns and Gavinton. It's a nice wee ground but no facilities and the nearest boozers are in Duns. I'd recommend the Whip and Saddle or the Black Bull. Enjoy

hibbie02
12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone know who the Slovenian Trialist is???

Boris
12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Quickest way is to turn off the A68 onto the A697 at Carfraemill, then turn off along the B road signposted for Duns. The ground is just off the main road before you get to the town, on the road up to Gavinton. Can't make it myself I'm afraid, but many of my family live in Duns and Gavinton. It's a nice wee ground but no facilities and the nearest boozers are in Duns. I'd recommend the Whip and Saddle or the Black Bull. Enjoy

Nice one - appreciated. :thumbsup:

Speedway
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Phanjcia Schlappentikl currently without a club after being released from AS Friiski

RoscoHibby
12-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Phanjcia Schlappentikl currently without a club after being released from AS Friiski

Anyone see the boy play in the last game? Any idea what position he plays or seen him? Kinda hoping he's a bit of hammer thrower, our team still looks tiny!

Speedway
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone see the boy play in the last game? Any idea what position he plays or seen him? Kinda hoping he's a bit of hammer thrower, our team still looks tiny!

He certainly prepares well.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2010, 01:20 PM
if you are looking for something to do tonight,yogi will again bring down a hibs team into the borders,plenty of free parking and only £3 for adults and £1 for kids admission.

There will also be a refreshment stall and a raffle with signed hibs merchandise as the main prizes.And look out for a wee programme on sale at the entrance.:greengrin

go on take a wee trip down to border country:scarf::pray:

:grr: bloody steep those prices, if they reduced them by half I bet they would fill the ground...wait a minute...wrong thread

berwickhibee
12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
bump!!:thumbsup: we want as many there as possible,please:wink:

Hamish
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Yes.

whiskyhibby
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Any updates from the guys and gals down there?

Westie1875
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone know the score?

Kyle A
12-08-2010, 09:07 PM
you know when I first read Duns ams I thought what an exotic sounding team that is, then i realised it was an abbreviation :greengrin

berwickhibee
13-08-2010, 06:05 AM
6-0 to hibs.

really impressive performance from the young hibs,quick in possesion,stroking the ball around the park with ease and gladly also an end product.

this team will compete in the under 19 league this season and even more pleasing is that most of them have 2 years to go at that level as most are 16 and 17 year olds.

great to see yogi,gareth,alistair stevenson,scott thomson and bill hendry down at the game watching the development of this fine young team.

3-0 at half time,among the scorers were caldwell,addison,and crawford.

a decent crowd of about 250,thanks to all who attended.

:thumbsup:

Speedway
13-08-2010, 08:44 AM
6-0 to hibs.

really impressive performance from the young hibs,quick in possesion,stroking the ball around the park with ease and gladly also an end product.

this team will compete in the under 19 league this season and even more pleasing is that most of them have 2 years to go at that level as most are 16 and 17 year olds.

great to see yogi,gareth,alistair stevenson,scott thomson and bill hendry down at the game watching the development of this fine young team.

3-0 at half time,among the scorers were caldwell,addison,and crawford.

a decent crowd of about 250,thanks to all who attended.

:thumbsup:

Any trialists? :greengrin

Boris
13-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Any trialists? :greengrin

Well there was a speedy, abundantly skilfull wee right winger on the sidelines but he never came on - he will be doing his bit for Hibs this season though from his seat in the new East Stand......... aye, a fine wee winger was Mr Nevin :thumbsup:

Speedway
13-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Well there was a speedy, abundantly skilfull wee right winger on the sidelines but he never came on - he will be doing his bit for Hibs this season though from his seat in the new East Stand......... aye, a fine wee winger was Mr Nevin :thumbsup:

I suppose I'll have to wait until the next manager sees the potential of Pastabaic then. :boo hoo:

His contract is up with AS HeinzeFindus next season as well.

Boris
13-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I suppose I'll have to wait until the next manager sees the potential of Pastabaic then. :boo hoo:

His contract is up with AS HeinzeFindus next season as well.

Can't see us moving for him - he "freezes" on the big stage......................?

derekHFC
13-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Can't see us moving for him - he "freezes" on the big stage......................?

Plus he's a has-bean :rolleyes: