gota sick together now. together were stronger

united we stand united the hibs

hibernian go bragh

greenlex
12-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Long and Hard. That is all.

IWasThere2016
12-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Longer and Harder than last - and often dull. That is all.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Yes good luck hibs, another European challenge. :thumbsup:

RIP
12-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Support every player in green and white during a game

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Has to be Europe and decent assaults on the two silly little cups everyone professes to love but never really takes an interest in till the semis or the final.

If WW3 breaks out, I hope we don't embarrass ourselves again by entering. I'm with the Swiss this time round.

bubblesmorrison
12-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Longer and Harder than last - and often dull. That is all.

so do people so negative watch football i have always said the day you go to a football match expecting to get beat thats when you need to stop going.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
so do people so negative watch football i have always said the day you go to a football match expecting to get beat thats when you need to stop going.

You have to start going before you can stop. :faf:

Captain Trips
12-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Hibs have the players to finish 3rd IMO perhaps with maybe 1 or 2 more additions, over the years Hibs have been their on worst enemy, I hope Hughes can get is tactics right and the players stop chucking in some daft goals we will do very well.

basehibby
12-08-2010, 09:16 AM
I reckon it'll be a three way battle for third between Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Yams - which teams will finish 3rd 4th 5th is too close to call IMO.

lyonhibs
12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
As long as Yogi isn't a phanny with his starting formations and in-game decision making (making changes before it's too late would be a good start), then we have the players to be in the mix for 3rd come the end of the season.

Whatever positions we finish in, we won't do it the easy way, that much is sure :greengrin

ahibby
12-08-2010, 09:32 AM
We haven't lost players we depend on, other than the injury to Zemama and I'd prefer to be starting the campaign with him. The three new signings should have made us stronger but not by so much it will be noticable. I am not going to predict 3rd or 4th but we should be round abouts there. The news reporting this morning that most SPL clubs are concerned for their future because of falling ticket sales, falling corporate take up and falling tv money. Doesn't sound positive. It would be a huge risk in reducing prices to entice more through the gates but if the quality drops because the money has then a price reduction would be justifiable and maybe more people would go. Looking to the future that would be a good thing.

MacBean
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Support every player in green and white during a game

unless we're away to celtic :cool2:

Expecting Rain
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
If Bamba and Zemmama were consistenly available for selection the there would be very little between us and Dundee United, our squad is as strong as anyone outside the Old Firm, if Yogi found a bit of consistency in the goalkeeping selection and took the captaincy away from Hogg and played a formation that suited the team as a whole we`d be better for it, here`s hoping........................

steakbake
12-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm not optimistic: I think we'll be mid-table mediocrity. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I'd settle for another bash at Europe, a chance to enjoy some bragging rights over the yamfuds and a couple of decisive wins over either cheek of the OF arse. Deek on a new contract and a couple of the persistently poor players being shipped out by the end of January.

marinello59
12-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I am strangely optimistic. My sanity may also be questioned by some here but I think we may also be pleasantly surprised by the style of football played by Hibs this season.

GGTTH. :notworthy::flag::notworthy:

--------
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
we're doomed!!!!!!!

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Yes good luck hibs, another European challenge. :thumbsup:

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

IWasThere2016
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Where did I say I expected us to get beat?

You have to start going before you can stop. :faf:

:greengrin You counting my games again

we're doomed!!!!!!!

ffs - that's a bit early .. even for me :greengrin

HibbyAndy
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Its got draw written all over it.

Hibs On Tour
12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm with Marinello59 on this...

We *have* strengthened the team. We *haven't* lost any of our big players we were worried about losing [so far, at least]. By that basis, we should be looking to better last season.

Dundee Utd are the same outfit. Unlikely to have such a good extended run without injuries and of good form as last season but on their upside the side doesn't have to gel with loads of new players.

Yams have also improved, no matter how ***** Kyle is. Barr and Kyle are better than those they replace and FJB will have them hard to beat, although their style of play will continue to make your eyes bleed.

3rd is between the 3 of us and I shall be reckless and say that while we won't go on quite the run we had before Xmas last season, neither will we have anything like as severe a tailing-off thereafter. I have us 3rd this year and playing - in the main, once the team has gelled and got a wee bit confidence and spring in its step - in a pleasing manner.

I have Yams 4th but not snapping right at our heels while not being miles behind and Arabs 5th after what they will regard as a disappointing season.

OF 1st and 2nd although its hard to call which way around. Don't think it will be the stroll many think it will be for Celtic. Neither will be 20 points clear of the pack this year though.

Aberdeen to seriously struggle this year and McGoo to be gone by Xmas.

THAT is all! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Its got draw written all over it.

You in the right thread Andy? :cool2:

HibbyAndy
12-08-2010, 05:48 PM
You in the right thread Andy? :cool2:

Oops :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
:greengrin You counting my games again

If the cap fits.

IWasThere2016
12-08-2010, 08:33 PM
If the cap fits.

:rolleyes: Who else are ye stalking?

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
For the first time in years I havnt got a clue as to how its going to go. Usually I'm a bit of an optomist ( happy clapper ) but for some reason this year I have a bad feeling perhaps for the following reasons.

We didnt look great against Maribor or in some of our pre season matches.

Dundee Utd as yet dont appear to have lost the players who were making them tick last year and so should be just as difficult to beat.

Inverness are back in the SPL and we never get a result there.

Motherwell have a good manager, have done well in Europe and will also be a tough team to beat.

Surely Aberdeen cant be the soft touch they were last year.

Take my word for it I hate to say it but the Yams look like they will be stronger this season. Like it or not they have strengthened up front and kept Driver, who if fit ( big if I know ) will be an asset to them. And finally, they have a manager who knows how to make a team difficult to beat, even if they do bore the tits off everybody doing it.

Then we come to Yogi. I like him and was pleased when he got the job, but like many others I am left scratching my head at his tactics and team selections. If its not going well by Christmas the fans will probably turn on him big time.

Any way ....... C'mon the Hibees :flag:

IOMhibee
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I think we will come good in the coming weeks, particularly if Yogi sticks to a 442 with stokesy and deeks up front, as nevin says they have a great understanding of each otherand that can only = goals galore.

Green_one
13-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Easy bit - we will not match the first half of last season and we will do better than the second half of last season.

The first few games are the key. If we lose against both Motherwell and Rangers then it starts getting tough. Win and we could have a bit of a roll. Hope we catch the Current Buns on a bad day.

Optimistically - Top 6. Position depnds of what Hughes does with formation and tactics. 4-3-3 and its a long season.

Dinkydoo
13-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Started a New Thread Before Realising I'd been Beaten to it.

Ok, so we have had a pretty crap preseason, we're out of the Europa League before it really started and haven't made a barrow-load of new signings but, we absolutely cannot afford to look back now.

We have beaten a premiership side on thier own patch (although it was far from a convincing performance), the confidence of the team should have been really lifted by this. We have quite a difficult start to the season with a trip to Fir Park this weekend and a visit from Der Huns the following.

We must get behind the team and show our support at Motherwell which will hopefully help inject a bit of desire and passion into the squad and kickstart another good season for us.

Hail Hail! :hnet:

**** the Hearts :jamboak: