PDA

View Full Version : Filling in the Corners...

MeAndMyBoys
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM
... from what I was told today the corners between the East and North/South will be filled with 10M High cladding / Advertising space...

Apologies if this has been posted before ... Sounds like a good thing?

:scarf:

Keith_M
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Dunno, sounds a bit tacky. Maybe won't look as bad in reality, so willing to be proved wrong.

Mikey
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
It won't be in place for the Rangers game, but should be up for the next home game.

Advertising has indeed been sold for it.

Jonnyboy
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
It won't be in place for the Rangers game, but should be up for the next home game.

Advertising has indeed been sold for it.

Excellent. More revenue coming in :agree:

3pm
11-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I thought a taxi firm were using it for advertising? That'll come in handy for Yogi, arf arf!!

(((Fergus)))
11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Good, anything to help enclose the space. Will be nice one day to see the corners filled with seats but until then this is great.

California-Hibs
11-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I personally cant wait till the cadding goes up, i think its going to look very smart indeed! It will definatly give it an 'enclosed' feeling, and it should kept keep the atmosphere inside! :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
... from what I was told today the corners between the East and North/South will be filled with 10M High cladding / Advertising space...

Defo. Was told same last week by someone at Hibs. Hopefully, it might even help create somewhat of a 'cocoon' effect and keep the noise in, helping with atmosphere? Time will tell. Additional revenue for dead-space at present anyway so no down side as far as I can see.

jws1875
11-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Edinburgh City Private Hire taxis are getting a sign half the size of the stands to go in the corner of east and south

Halifaxhibby
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Think it will add to the atmosphere in the bigger games and bring a wee bit more money in as well. Good idea!:thumbsup:

houston1875
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM

does a one legged duck swim in a circle,of course it good news,money in the bank..advertising i mean

ClewsHibs
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Sounds Goood, any one got a picture as to what it will look like :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
12-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Edinburgh City Private Hire taxis are getting a sign half the size of the stands to go in the corner of east and south

Great to see we are advertising the glasgow crime lords:grr:

We are surely not that desperate for cash!!

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Private Hires are not taxis. :grr: They operate a collect and drop service for schemies to travel between their house, and the shops/bookies/methadone clinic. Calling them taxis is like calling a security guard a policeman.

Still, their money (which has nothing to do with organised crime) is always welcome at Hibs.

cwilliamson85
12-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Does Dundee Utd not have a large fat sams advert in there corner?

heretoday
12-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Should help to keep the draughts out.

bighairyfaeleith
12-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Private Hires are not taxis. :grr: They operate a collect and drop service for schemies to travel between their house, and the shops/bookies/methadone clinic. Calling them taxis is like calling a security guard a policeman.

Still, their money (which has nothing to do with organised crime) is always welcome at Hibs.

aye crack another:greengrin

aberhibsfc
12-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Good, anything to help enclose the space. Will be nice one day to see the corners filled with seats but until then this is great.

Would help revenue, enclose the atmosphere and hopefully able to remove on non match days to allow good air circulation on the pitch. Not all non-match days but when required to boost the grass.

I would rather we only filled for seats if our match day fanbase required them, we are a wee bit away from that just now.

jdships
12-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Problem with "enclosing " a stadium is it reduces the circulation of air accross the pitch.
I have spoken before with one of the groundsmen at Murrayfield on this subject .
He maintains a lot of their pitch problems are down to this and confirms it is a problem in other compact grounds.
10 metere high cladding sounds a good comprimise

:thumbsup:

down the slope
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I think we are now running an Architectural forum, can the cladding play centre half ?.

jws1875
12-08-2010, 09:41 AM
The private hires have the contract with hibs and the yams so they will do all the jobs for both teams

banarc7062
12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I think we are now running an Architectural forum, can the cladding play centre half ?.

Has nae pace but will create a good shuttering effect at dead ball situations against us.

(((Fergus)))
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Problem with "enclosing " a stadium is it reduces the circulation of air accross the pitch.
I have spoken before with one of the groundsmen at Murrayfield on this subject .
He maintains a lot of their pitch problems are down to this and confirms it is a problem in other compact grounds.
10 metere high cladding sounds a good comprimise

:thumbsup:

Yes, heard about that. It must be possible to incorporate some sort of ventilation system into the corners, especially as the prevailing wind is southwesterly and the south-west corner will have to retain vehicular access.

Caversham Green
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Will it look something like this then? (Without the seating at the bottom).

Jim44
12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd rather fill in the weak spots in the team before filling in spaces in the ground.

InchHibby
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I think its an excellent idea which will not only look impressive it will add to the noise levels.
:agree:

monktonharp
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Still, their money (which has nothing to do with organised crime) is always welcome at Hibs. I always make a point of getting an organised crime drop off service,from the boozer tae ma wee hoose in the scheme. black cabs are far more expensive,and not as quick as the organised crime boss's cars that drop me off!

Keith_M
12-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Sorry to be the only negative sounding one in an otherwise positive thread but, aside from some additional revenue, I can't see the attraction. How is it going to look great having some plastic sheeting between the stands?

I know it's a positive that progress is being made on the stadium but we're starting to sound a bit Yamtastic here about every little thing being announced.

(((Fergus)))
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry to be the only negative sounding one in an otherwise positive thread but, aside from some additional revenue, I can't see the attraction. How is it going to look great having some plastic sheeting between the stands?

I know it's a positive that progress is being made on the stadium but we're starting to sound a bit Yamtastic here about every little thing being announced.

don't know if it will look great particularly - might/might not - but anything that encloses the ground will enhance the atmosphere and therefore - assuming we make a noise - the home advantage.

Delboy*
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
All sounds good, but, to be honest the only thing that is gonna improve the atmosphere is if people dont sit in silence watchin the game. I sat wi my missus in the west a few seasons back n it was terrible. I felt like i was gettin frowned on cos i was doin ma nut at stuff n tryin to sing along wi the East.
Its like people are too embarassed or somethin:confused:

That and the fact that we can be absolutely bouncin and full of song but are just silenced by loosing a goal and start givin our players pelters.

Iv no got an answer but please tell me if im wrong.......

SloopJB
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM

It is to be substantial panels with an access door. it is on the original plans which are on this site somewhere.

MountcastleHibs
13-08-2010, 12:15 AM

So you'd rather have a huge gap between the East and FF and South Stands, letting any atmosphere escape.

I for one think that although it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world, it will hopefully help to improving the atmosphere at ER. It's also better than the alternative of having huge gaps between the stands.

Beefster
13-08-2010, 09:48 AM
What next on Hibs.net?

"The seating number on my green seat is blue and, to be honest, I can't concentrate on the game due to the colour clash"?

"The menu boards for the catering outlets are using Comic Sans font and it's blinding me that much that I cannot see the game properly"

Not to be rude, but I sometimes wish some fans would worry about the team as much as they do about the trivial stuff that makes no difference to anyone.

Speedway
13-08-2010, 09:50 AM
If we didn't clad the gaps up, the atmosphere would escape and we'd have to send ball boys down St Clair street and climbing over into the old disused bowling club to get it back.

Is that what you want? Coz that's what'll happen.

MacBean
13-08-2010, 10:56 AM
This was mentioned a few months ago on the Photo's thread.

I think there was always going to be cladding going up the side (to stop people watching the game for Free!) but good to hear that they have managed to find a "sponsor" for advertising :thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
13-08-2010, 11:07 AM
All sounds good, but, to be honest the only thing that is gonna improve the atmosphere is if people dont sit in silence watchin the game. I sat wi my missus in the west a few seasons back n it was terrible. I felt like i was gettin frowned on cos i was doin ma nut at stuff n tryin to sing along wi the East.
Its like people are too embarassed or somethin:confused:

That and the fact that we can be absolutely bouncin and full of song but are just silenced by loosing a goal and start givin our players pelters.

Iv no got an answer but please tell me if im wrong.......

Nope - you aint wrong mate, time we had some more shouters at the games, go on - make a noise - you know you want to.