PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hibernian TV LIVE Season Tickets

RSS Bot
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Subscribe for the 2010/11 Season

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100811/hibernian-tv-live-season-tickets_2262950_2119089)

Mikey
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I've moved this over from the News forum so our overseas guys and gals can see it.

Big90inOz
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Who are Hibernian TV ? Is it an independent company or is it still run by supporters ?

Just wondering as if there were problems with streams as per the European game I would recieve an email offering refund / free game which I would refuse as I'm just grateful to have the oppertunity to see all our home games.
This time however I have had no contact.

norwayhibs
12-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Who are Hibernian TV ? Is it an independent company or is it still run by supporters ?

Just wondering as if there were problems with streams as per the European game I would recieve an email offering refund / free game which I would refuse as I'm just grateful to have the oppertunity to see all our home games.

A terrible stream for the Maribor game and I have not heard a thing from them ,very disappointing.

Septimus
12-08-2010, 05:29 AM
I have watched Hibs TV since its beginning and it has been a story of steady progress. The early days were nothing but frustration but last season I cannot remember a single instance of failure. I did not watch the European fixture as I no longer have Paypal and could not find another way to pay for it.

PeeJay
12-08-2010, 05:54 AM

Good question. I was sure that it had something to do with the "Perform Group" http://www.performgroup.com/page/CServices/0,,12605,00.html but our club does not appear as a "client" on their website (or I can't find it :bitchy:), so perhaps Perform are no longer involved?

I've been a subscriber for a couple of years now and the service has continually improved - I've had very few problems with streams, last season was almost perfect. The Maribor game at ER was awful - I had a perfect stream 1st half and then for the last ca. 30 minutes buffering and then nothing at all. Maybe it really was the excessive demand on that particular evening, with not only us exiles viewing? Seems they now have a new server and broadband setup that should prevent similar mishaps.
I've just taken out my season ticket - but I had to email several times to complain about any information as to when it would be available, what it would cost:grr:.

There are some serious PR/communication problems at Hibs TV - some good people have left the service it seems, and they really need to improve relations with the subscribing fanbase. The "old" service used to run a forum for problems, praise and whatever, now there is nothing so a lot of information is exchanged on Hibs.net, that is not a sign of a well-organised outfit - bit like the team really:cool2:.

DC_Hibs
12-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Good question. I was sure that it had something to do with the "Perform Group" http://www.performgroup.com/page/CServices/0,,12605,00.html but our club does not appear as a "client" on their website (or I can't find it :bitchy:), so perhaps Perform are no longer involved?

I've been a subscriber for a couple of years now and the service has continually improved - I've had very few problems with streams, last season was almost perfect. The Maribor game at ER was awful - I had a perfect stream 1st half and then for the last ca. 30 minutes buffering and then nothing at all. Maybe it really was the excessive demand on that particular evening, with not only us exiles viewing? Seems they now have a new server and broadband setup that should prevent similar mishaps.
I've just taken out my season ticket - but I had to email several times to complain about any information as to when it would be available, what it would cost:grr:.

There are some serious PR/communication problems at Hibs TV - some good people have left the service it seems, and they really need to improve relations with the subscribing fanbase. The "old" service used to run a forum for problems, praise and whatever, now there is nothing so a lot of information is exchanged on Hibs.net, that is not a sign of a well-organised outfit - bit like the team really:cool2:.

According to the article re Hibs TV season ticket, only a "small percentage" had problems with Maribor game.
That sums up their handling of the issues there has been this pre season when they have been able to open up the live broadcasts to non overseas.

Pretty sure it will be back to normal for league games with a normal number of viewers but as you say the communication of late has been dire and they have continually failed to act upon the site navigation issues with viewing and paying for the live service.

Big90inOz
12-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I didn't get more than 20 secs of stream throughout the Maribor game, yet I have hardly missed a minute of action in the last couple of seasons.

I just hope this isn't a taste of what's to come.

It seems to me that there was more than a small percentage who failed to get a decent stream.
Never thought I would say that i miss the "old" commentators :agree:

I enjoyed listening to games with a Hibs bias commentry :agree:

Bring back bias commentry!!! :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
12-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Why is the Republic of Ireland excluded? :confused:

Gatecrasher
12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
excuse me if i get this wrong but...

Are they offering for £120 overseas customers can watch live streams of all hibs home and some away games?

Did they not provide the same service a couple of years ago for about £40 :confused:

Whats the difference between the package now and the old subscription. Just seems a bit of a rip off to me

PeeJay
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM
excuse me if i get this wrong but...

Are they offering for £120 overseas customers can watch live streams of all hibs home and some away games?

Did they not provide the same service a couple of years ago for about £40 :confused:

Whats the difference between the package now and the old subscription. Just seems a bit of a rip off to me

You got it wrong - it's £140 for a HIbs TV Live Season Ticket (all home & cup games with 2 away games) PLUS the usual Hibs TV content (i.e. interviews, highlights, archives and so on) - The £40 you may be referring to was not for live video of games, but for the Hibs TV highlights package only - don't see how it's a rip off - service has been pretty good (until recently) and by all accounts it's been underfinanced because we don't have the huge fan base abroad that some other clubs have.

vahibbie
12-08-2010, 12:28 PM
You got it wrong - it's £140 for a HIbs TV Live Season Ticket (all home & cup games with 2 away games) PLUS the usual Hibs TV content (i.e. interviews, highlights, archives and so on) - The £40 you may be referring to was not for live video of games, but for the Hibs TV highlights package only - don't see how it's a rip off - service has been pretty good (until recently) and by all accounts it's been underfinanced because we don't have the huge fan base abroad that some other clubs have.

That I believe to be true.
I've also been a subscriber since it started and it's mostly pretty good. There are obviously times when things go wrong but HibsTV can't account for everything that the stream goes through.
I still think the "season ticket" package for live games is purely a Hibs thing as is not run by the Perform Group.

Sandy
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I am not renewing as the broad band speed here is just not up to it, tried last season and only managed to see one full game, got some lame ersed technical excuse (not from you Stu), and when I pointed out I regularly watch UK TV here it went all quiet. Radio for me from now on.

MacBean
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Why is the Republic of Ireland excluded? :confused:

Doesn't the ROI use British TV? e.g. Sky/Virgin etc..

Gatecrasher
12-08-2010, 05:12 PM

sorry then, i thought the live games was under the other subscription for £40 for overseas folk i wasnt aware it cost more to get live games, cheers :thumbsup: