PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Scotland

iwasthere1972
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3chx5_flower-of-sctotland-parc-des-prince_news

:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
:saltireflag Come On Scotland!

RCNG
11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
You forgot to mention this video comes with a large side of goosebumps! :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 05:25 PM
We'll be coming:saltireflag

We'll be coming:saltireflag

We'll be coming down the rooooad:saltireflag

When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army boys:saltireflag

We'll be coming down the rooooad:saltireflag

As big Ronnie would say, CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC'MON:saltireflag:saltireflag: saltireflag

Broken Gnome
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Allan McGregor in goal. A back four of Steven Whittaker, Garry Kenneth, Christophe Berra and Lee Wallace. A four in the middle of Barry Robson, Darren Fletcher, Kevin Thomson and Charlie Adam. And, up front, the great James McFadden playing off Kenny Miller.

Does that not light your candle?

Chick Young should be banned from receiving payment for being a football writer for the above. Luckily sanity prevails and Fletch starts the game up front.

Diclonius
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Did we just sing through and boo their national anthem? :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Did we just sing through and boo their national anthem? :rolleyes:

We sang the second verse, which is usually played but the Swedes stopped after the 1st verse and cracked on with their own anthem. Nothing to see here.

Hainan Hibs
1 nil down already:bitchy:

Shocking defending.

Wotherspiniesta
Great defending there.

I guess thats what happens when you play Garry Kenneth v Zlatan Ibrahimovic

1-0 Sweden

At The Edge
11-08-2010, 06:08 PM
1-0 Sweden, ripped Scotland apart:grr:

Westie1875
11-08-2010, 06:08 PM
1-0 to Sweden on 3 mins, awful defending :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Great start for my 4 team accumulator. :wink:

skipster7
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
what channel is it on ? i thought it was a 7.30 KO:boo hoo:

Westie1875
11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
what channel is it on ? I thought it was a 7.30 ko:boo hoo:

espn

Frazerbob
11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Great defending there.

I guess thats what happens when you play Garry Kenneth v Zlatan Ibrahimovic

1-0 Sweden

The half Croat, half Bosnian. How does he qualify for Sweden?

That's why I'll never have a problem with dubious Scots playing for Scotland as long as they are better than what we have!

Frazerbob
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Yet another cowardly foul by Kevin Thomson. He really is dirty wee scroat!

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM

That's why I'll never have a problem with dubious Scots playing for Scotland as long as they are better than what we have!

:agree:
Its bad enough we have to pick Kevin Thomson 100% Scots, give me a half chinese half chimpanzee as long as he's better than him. :boo hoo:

skipster7
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
espn
cheers m8, thats me ****ed then.might be for the best:wink:

Diclonius
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Because he was born and raised in Sweden?

stokesmessiah
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Yet another cowardly foul by Kevin Thomson. He really is dirty wee scroat!

For me he is another player who seems to have gone backwards since leaving Hibs to head to the infirm.

I used to really like Thomson and thought of all that "golden generation" that was coming through at the time he would be the one who made the most of himself.............now i just think hes gash! Another scottish journeyman player in the making ! :bye:

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Wallace is getting ripped a new ******** down that side.

However, we've had a bit of possession, so I'll try to stay positive:greengrin

Frazerbob
11-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Because he was born and raised in Sweden?

Correct. Just looked it up and he was born in Sweden. He could have played for any of three nations, Croatia, Bosnia or Sweden.

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Broadfoot's karate kick on their keeper :faf:

At The Edge
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
cheers m8, thats me ****ed then.might be for the best:wink:

On line with our Iraqi friends and with English commentry :wink:

Lofarl
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
That English commentator's no got a clue. Sweden are a great side and we are doing no to bad. Nice to hear the Tartan Army in good voice.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
For me he is another player who seems to have gone backwards since leaving Hibs to head to the infirm.

I used to really like Thomson and thought of all that "golden generation" that was coming through at the time he would be the one who made the most of himself.............now i just think hes gash! Another scottish journeyman player in the making ! :bye:

:agree: A player who at hibs would win the ball and start the attacks, and chip in with the odd goal, has become a very slow holding midfielder who cant tackle. :bitchy:

Broken Gnome
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
:agree: A player who at hibs would win the ball and start the attacks, and chip in with the odd goal, has become a very slow holding midfielder who cant tackle. :bitchy:

The odd goal??? Three in four years :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
The odd goal??? Three in four years :greengrin

1 a season apart from 1, Mr consistent as he was also known. :greengrin

SteveHFC
11-08-2010, 06:41 PM
2-0 :grr:

Wotherspiniesta
2-0 Bad defending again :rolleyes:

hibee92
absolute p1sh! just watched him shoot :grr:

Diclonius
Did Broadfoot just decide "nah am no gonny defend tha' wan" for that goal? :grr:

He was literally nowhere in view on the right hand side.

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Comical stuff.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Game over,:boo hoo: 1st leg of my bet up.:thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
anyone else NOT have the score or time on the screen?

wtf that all about :confused:

very small detail but its bugging the sh"* out me, keep looking up to see how long to go until halftime

HibbyKeith
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
when i turn back to the tv from the pc its on the screen, haha typical

Westie1875
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
No-one in this team can run with the ball, as soon as they try they lose it. If he isn't going to play Whittaker at right back he may as well stick him in midfield - at least Whitty can run with the ball and beat a man.

Tyler Durden
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Though its against my better nature I have to stick up for Broadfoot at that 2nd goal. Adam lost the ball after Broadfoot had made a run for him. Then Adam failed to cover the man as Broadfoot went to press the ball.

Defo Adams fault.

Shame Dorrans isn't fit as he's about the only midfielder we have with a bit of class.

Also Christophe Berra will never be up to international football.

Bad Martini
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Total *****...***** 11, ***** defending and stupid mistakes.

Pissed off.

gillythehibby
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Wouldy watch scotland wi stolen money. They are *** gash. Whole set up stinks and levein another puppet.
Will play his pals and hope for the best. We are best summed up wi Barry robson. Gives 100% and a de cent player, but just doesny quite come up to the standard to harm serious national sides. End of.

euro Hibby
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
to be expected as was Hibs defeat to Maribor.
Thats the worst back 4 that could be picked !

Wotherspiniesta
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
3-0. Pish.

SteveHFC
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
3-0 :grr::grr:

Frazerbob
11-08-2010, 07:19 PM
And folk wonder why we play hardly any friendlies compared to every other nation. What's the point when half the squad withdraw?

Scottish football - rotten to the core!

ballengeich
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Whole set up stinks and levein another puppet.
Will play his pals and hope for the best.

Who's not there that should be (injuries excepted)?

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
It makes me cringe how so far behind other European nations we are now. If Berra is the future of our back line we are goosed. We have a midfield who don't feel comfortable on the ball and play a lone striker who may as well take a seat on the sidelines with the lack of opportunities he is given.

nickwhibs
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
And folk wonder why we play hardly any friendlies compared to every other nation. What's the point when half the squad withdraw?

Scottish football - rotten to the core!

You're right. Although even with a full squad we'd still get pumped. The joke that is Scottish football continues...

Westie1875
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Boyd on for Fletch - that was a useful evening for Steven, how many times did he get the ball? Twice?

gillythehibby
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Who's not there that should be (injuries excepted)?

Deeks :wink:

Oh and BTW, garry kenneth ?? Are ye *** kidding me !!

heretoday
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I've switched to England. The Hungarian goalie is wearing Asda lounge pants!

Hainan Hibs
11-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Good bit of play there, nice pass by Fletch and Boyd done ok with the strike. Only took 66 mins to get a bit of skill:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Wouldy watch scotland wi stolen money. They are *** gash. Whole set up stinks and levein another puppet.
Will play his pals and hope for the best. We are best summed up wi Barry robson. Gives 100% and a de cent player, but just doesny quite come up to the standard to harm serious national sides. End of.

To be fair, you have described 90% of the team/squad.

ballengeich
11-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Deeks :wink:

Oh and BTW, garry kenneth ?? Are ye *** kidding me !!

I don't think Deeks would have made any difference tonight as it's a defensive job. Garry Kenneth's no great, but there's no-one obviously better. I'm not happy with the performance, but I don't think you've backed up your claim that Levein's a puppet.

Westie1875
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Here comes Whittaker

ScottB
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
To be fair, you have described 90% of the team/squad.

The only player we have with that bit of spark going forward is McFadden for me. Too much is expected of Fletcher just cause he plays for Man Utd and he's not that kind of player.

If only we could have had the player Scott Brown could have been had Celtic not ruined him.

Beyond Gordon, Fletcher and McFadden the rest you could swap in and out as you please really, a sad state of affairs. High hopes for Danny Wilson to grow into a good player so at least we'll have one defender with a clue. That the media keep mentioning the absence of Gary 'Beckenbauer' Caldwell says it all on that front!

ScottB
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
And Levein isn't a puppet, he's just a cheap option. As per really.

euro Hibby
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
will be calling for Barry the crab soon ! Under 21's not doing too well down 1-0.

The hard times continue......

Judas Iscariot
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
McGregor :faf:

Broadfoot :faf:

Kenneth :faf:

Berra :faf:

Robson :faf:

Thomson :faf:

Adam :faf:

Miller :faf:

Oh cmon Harry, your killin us with that lineup :faf:

sunshine1875
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
The decline of the Scottish national team is obviously due to the decline in the quality of our players compared to the 70's and 80's. But to me the biggest decline has been in defence.

I remember the quality defenders we had in the seventies and eighties. Even the 90's was ok with Colin Hendry and Christian Dailly putting in a decent shift. But since then it has been downhill. Gary Caldwell, his brother, Alexander, McMannus etc are bad enough, but now Berra and Kenneth.:bitchy:

ballengeich
11-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Reality kicks in after the win over the Czechs.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Hmmph...not entirely unexpected.

truehibernian
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Mentality of pro's and ex pro's makes sure things will never ever change.

Scotland - Beeb tonight, Young, Robertson, Dodds, Gordon all to a man "the result doesn't matter.........as long as we don't concede more............it's about learning from it"

Italy/Spain/Germany/England/France/Holland - results, friendly or otherwise, matter, no excuses !

The psychology is all wrong, the culture all wrong, the methods all wrong, the facilities all wrong, the coaching all wrong.

Other countries caught up years ago, invested, have quality coaching, and above all a better mentality. Hughes (Yogi) is right......the social culture here in Scotland (and the UK) is all wrong and doesn't assist change. We are a bevvy nation, a nation of fried foods, a nation of playing Championship Manager on a PC instead of playing the real thing on a public park. A nation that invests in trams instead of community stadiums/training centres/coaching/state of the art sports facilities. I think Watford are doing something groundbreaking (which Hibernian could follow) and having kids not only gain an education at school, but concentrate all their energies on football (those that have the natural talent). I heard Malky MacKay talking about it, and that is the way forward for all clubs up north IMHO. For me it breeds a better all round person and player, and means their time is focused on what they love and what they are good at (at the same time getting a good education behind them). Better investment, summer football, better qualified coaching, indoor pitches, smaller pitches and smaller teams for kids. Skill above braun.

I was fortunate to spend a week at Ajax when I was younger with my juvenile side, and I will lay a wager that even back then, they were lightyears ahead of what we have/what we do now. No wonder people like Collins weep when they see what we have at our disposal in Scotland.

DC_Hibs
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Stick on the (platinum selling!) DVD of that marvellous win in Paris to cheer yersels up.
One of the most depressing football performances I have seen yet a great result.
Sums up Scotland, keep it tight at the back, have a headless chicken on his jack up front and stifle the game hoping to grab a goal against the run of play. To be fair, thats the only way scotland could get results with their players from recent generations.

I watch their games and hope they do well but I would rather seek attention and dress up like an extra from braveheart than pay to watch that mince.

Levein will eventually get the defence sorted for starters then hopefully the number of scottish players in the EPL and championship will mean we have players that can pass the ball, keep possession and start playing better attacking football with a cutting edge.

Dream on?

Jim44
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
....and what's even more depressing is that it's odds on the media and reactionary factions in Scottish Football will in the next few days be touting for the return of of Barry Ferguson to solve our problems.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Scotland - Beeb tonight, Young, Robertson, Dodds, Gordon all to a man "the result doesn't matter.........as long as we don't concede more............it's about learning from it"

Italy/Spain/Germany/England/France/Holland - results, friendly or otherwise, matter, no excuses !

The psychology is all wrong, the culture all wrong, the methods all wrong, the facilities all wrong, the coaching all wrong.

Other countries caught up years ago, invested, have quality coaching, and above all a better mentality. Hughes (Yogi) is right......the social culture here in Scotland (and the UK) is all wrong and doesn't assist change. We are a bevvy nation, a nation of fried foods, a nation of playing Championship Manager on a PC instead of playing the real thing on a public park. A nation that invests in trams instead of community stadiums/training centres/coaching/state of the art sports facilities. I think Watford are doing something groundbreaking (which Hibernian could follow) and having kids not only gain an education at school, but concentrate all their energies on football (those that have the natural talent). I heard Malky MacKay talking about it, and that is the way forward for all clubs up north IMHO. For me it breeds a better all round person and player, and means their time is focused on what they love and what they are good at (at the same time getting a good education behind them). Better investment, summer football, better qualified coaching, indoor pitches, smaller pitches and smaller teams for kids. Skill above braun.

I was fortunate to spend a week at Ajax when I was younger with my juvenile side, and I will lay a wager that even back then, they were lightyears ahead of what we have/what we do now. No wonder people like Collins weep when they see what we have at our disposal in Scotland.

Best post i've read on the 'why are we so bad' topic. I'd also add too many fat, red-faced, Masonic ******s coaching at kids, juvie and youth levels who just want to bask in reflected glory by producing teams of talentless bullies who will have a drawer full of medals by the time they are eleven and then have type 2 diabetes or be on the methadone program by the time they are sixteen.

ScottB
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
We need to focus on skill above all else with kids, nothing more. Scottish football is obsessed with size. Even on here, any player under 5"10 is decried as a midget and rubbish. Cause Messi, Ronaldinho and the like are all towering 7ft giants right enough.

We need a root and branch review of Scottish football, by an outside panel empowered to make the changes that are required, not that that will ever happen. And finally, the next time we go shopping for a manager, pick the best man for the job and pay whatever it takes.

The Harp Awakes
11-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I've attended a good few Scotland games in recent years but decided to pack it in shortly after Levein's appointment. His attempted re-instatement of Barry Ferguson and pandering to McGregor and particularly McCulloch was a joke. Not so bothered about Boyd as I do feel he was hard done by.

The last straw for me was the introduction of Gary Kenneth. What is Levein on? He's made a total erse of himself since he was appointed. At best we'll be a team of plodders who may get the occasional 0-0 against the big countries. If that's progress no thanks.

Big Frank
11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
We must kill the Glasgow Football Association, kill Largs, and kill the Tartan Army.

Usurpers the lot of them!

euro Hibby
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
change is scary to many as they would lose their jobs so its about being a big fish in a small pond and thats Ok if Rangers or Celtic win the league year in year out to the detriment to the game as a whole. Recent European results however have worsened and that means less income to the bigot brothers and less chance to compete domestically and no chance Internationally. The whole set up needs reviewed but that means starting with new faces to run the game. Some chance !

By the way Iceland under 21's beat Germany 4-1 tonight and Iceland has a population of about 250,000 people !

Sylar
11-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Having stayed up to watch Brazil beat us 0-2 last night, I decided to give the Scotland game a miss tonight. Looks like it was a safe decision.

No wonder Scotland struggle to find players though - I was marvelling, driving through various towns (and cities) today, whilst out doing my fieldwork, at the number of pitches which had no goalposts up, despite the fact that the kids are on holiday right now.

What chance do they have, when the base infrastructure doesn't work, and when schools are requested not to cover football as a key sport in physical education, as a means to introduce the kids to "other" sports!

Bookkeeper
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM

:top marks100% spot on. How come virtually every fooball fan in the country knows whats wrong and what needs changed, but still nothing gets done?

SFA/SPL/SFL and the oldfirm chasing gutterpress need to pull their heads out their backsides and forget the expenses and the junkets and start doing and saying whats right for the game. At least we could change things we have control over. The other social problems are going to take longer to solve. If ever!

Even if we started now, you can still write off the next 15 - 20 years until we get the players with the fitness and technical ability coming through.

I keep thinking it can't get any worse after a Scotland defeat, but when you look at the players we have now, I just reach the stage where ( and I hate to admit) - I don't give a monkeys anymore.