PDA

View Full Version : Vale of Leithen v Hibs XI - Tonight

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:01 PM
A fairly strong Hibs XI won 3-1 aagainst Vale of Leithen tonight. Team included Brown in goal, Thicot, Rankin, Murray, Galbraith & a trialist at cenre-forward. A comical mix-up between Thicot & Brown gifted vale the lead from an own goal but Lee Currie equalised from the penalty spot just before the break. Two goals from one of the young subs - Crawford I think - won it for Hibs in 2nd half.

Excellent pies & a nice wee programme but could have done without the monsoon in the closing minutes!

HibbyAndy
10-08-2010, 09:07 PM
A fairly strong Hibs XI won 3-1 aagainst Vale of Leithen tonight. Team included Brown in goal, Thicot, Rankin, Murray, Galbraith & a trialist at cenre-forward. A comical mix-up between Thicot & Brown gifted vale the lead from an own goal but Lee Currie equalised from the penalty spot just before the break. Two goals from one of the young subs - Crawford I think - won it for Hibs in 2nd half.

Excellent pies & a nice wee programme but could have done without the monsoon in the closing minutes!

Any idea who he was?

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2010, 09:07 PM
the trialist any good?

.Sean.
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
the trialist any good?
Anybody any idea who he was? Just a young guy maybe, a prospect perhaps?

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Any idea who he was?

Nope. Tried to suss it out but bench giving nothing away - fair enough! He got subbed after about 70 minutes.

HibbyAndy
10-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Nope. Tried to suss it out but bench giving nothing away - fair enough! He got subbed after about 70 minutes.

Ok mate, What kind of striker did he look? Quik and nimble or tall and gangley :greengrin, And how did he play?.

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
the trialist any good?

Didn't do a lot but then Hibs created very little in the first half & he was subbed well before the end. Came close with a header 1st half & had couple nice lay-offs but couldn't see anything that would say "sign me".

Sergi12
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM

One of the young subs said he was Slovenian. Didn't look good enough.

HibbyAndy
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Tapping into the Slovenian market :hmmm:

Dont think they get much in the way of wages.

big-mo
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
As for the trialists performance tonight, he did nothing outstanding but then again, nothing wrong, I think the verdict was 'not-proven'.

(He was not that young, I would have said early twenties)

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Obviously not one of the players from Maribor then that gave us a good humping over the two legs!!!

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
(He was not that young, I would have said early twenties)

When you get to my age that is young :greengrin. Maybe he'll get another run out in the game at Duns on Thursday although my understanding is that that team will most likely be the Hibs U19 side.

Gala Foxes
10-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Trialist didnt look particularly special.

Brown did a shocker at Thicot's pass back - under no pressure, total lack of concentration

BEEJ
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Brown did a shocker at Thicot's pass back - under no pressure, total lack of concentration
:rolleyes:

Boris
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Very funny though:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

monktonharp
10-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Brown did a shocker at Thicot's pass back - under no pressure, total lack of concentrationand so,the search goes on.are we in perpetual limbo,in search of the holy grail and a goalie that goes with it?

DH1875
10-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Well he's a Hibs goalie so what else would you expect.

oconnors_strip
10-08-2010, 10:15 PM

did he have bright yellow boots on and were his team mates calling him pigeon? if so it would be crawford, he scored the 4th goal on saturday at pennypit.

capi
11-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Danny Handling scored the two second half goals. Good report on the Vale of Leithen web site:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
11-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Danny Handling scored the two second half goals. Good report on the Vale of Leithen web site:thumbsup:

This one.

http://www.valeofleithen.co.uk/pages/news.htm

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Tapping into the Slovenian market :hmmm:

Dont think they get much in the way of wages.

He must be good - Slovenia played in the World Cup. :greengrin

I thought Gordon Marshall had left Hibs?

Boris
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
did he have bright yellow boots on and were his team mates calling him pigeon? if so it would be crawford, he scored the 4th goal on saturday at pennypit.

Can't recall if he had yellow boots on or not but wee Mick McGhee tells me it was indeed Danny Handling that got the 2 goals in the 2nd half. I haven't seen many U19 games over the last year so wasn't sure who had got the goals!

Cabbage Lad
11-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I actually played in the game and being a massive Hibee was delighted when I saw who we would be playing against.

Best player for me was Lewis Horner. Always had time on the ball, nothing seemed to faze him. For 60 minutes we competed and Hibs hardly had a shot of note on target.

Sair ankle the day though. Rankin left the boot in on a 50 50 with me. Who says he couldnae tackle !!!!

GGTTH

Boris
11-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I actually played in the game and being a massive Hibee was delighted when I saw who we would be playing against.

Best player for me was Lewis Horner. Always had time on the ball, nothing seemed to faze him. For 60 minutes we competed and Hibs hardly had a shot of note on target.

Sair ankle the day though. Rankin left the boot in on a 50 50 with me. Who says he couldnae tackle !!!!

GGTTH

Agree with you re Lewis Horner. Looks a player & obviously the staff at Hibs think so too going by his runouts in pre-season. Agree too that Vale competed well until well into the second half when maybe full-time training took over & if you'd scored the "sitter" just after Hibs went 2-1 up it might have been a different result. Very enjoyable, competitive game & if Vale put the same effort & commitment into games in the EOS Premier League this season you'll do okay. As for Rankin, I can only say that he was the victim of a few heavy tackles himself so maybe just getting his retaliation in first with yourself!!!

bighairyfaeleith
11-08-2010, 10:52 AM

GGTTH

Thats a hell of a claim to fame, the first player to ever be tackled by rankin:greengrin

Matty_Jack04
11-08-2010, 11:02 AM

theres something about this guy that makes me think goalkeeper......

Cabbage Lad
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Thats a hell of a claim to fame, the first player to ever be tackled by rankin:greengrin

I Know. No sure if i should be proud or embarrassed!!! ha ha!!

To be fair to the Hibs boys. All were very complimentary to us as was Yogi and the rest of the coaching staff.

GGTTH

Scorrie
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
theres something about this guy that makes me think goalkeeper......

Would it no be better if he was called Barry Handling...?:greengrin