PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Starts tomorrow. How do you reckon Zouma will do?:devil:

jgl07
10-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't ever recall Zouma being noted for his religious observance. Benji was the one who was keen on that stuff.

In any event he is currently injured and unlikely to be seen anywhere near the first team before the end of Ramadan.

Sergey
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM

There's now't wrong with a meat laden "full Muslim" for brekkie, GT :agree:

macca70
10-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Sounds like a good signing, as long as Hughes plays him out wide.

Could easliy play Zouma on the right and Ramadan on the left :agree:

:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
10-08-2010, 05:19 PM
If 'that lot' have or bring in any Muslim players, will they observe Yamadan? :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
If 'that lot' have or bring in any Muslim players, will they observe Yamadan? :greengrin

They will be observing Fandan, as always.

hibbybrian
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Don't know about Zouma, but I'll be doing very nicely thank you , finishing work at 1.00pm for the next month :thumbsup:

Zondervan
10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Interesting article here:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sport/soccer/article_1213349.php/Ramadan_for_professional_footballers_A_tough_balan cing_act

"I fast like any other person does during Ramadan with the exception that as a professional footballer I am allowed to eat on match days and when we travel. I then eat with the team as normal....."

Titch
10-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Don't know about Zouma, but I'll be doing very nicely thank you , finishing work at 1.00pm for the next month :thumbsup:

I hope the taliban decide to have the next 6 weeks off because of it:wink:

BADBOYHIBBY
10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't ever recall Zouma being noted for his religious observance. Benji was the one who was keen on that stuff.

In any event he is currently injured and unlikely to be seen anywhere near the first team before the end of Ramadan.

and also Bamba.

magpie1892
10-08-2010, 06:46 PM

And me at 2pm. But I struggle to see that as a bonus as it still all has to get done by deadline day, regardless of what time you get to go home...

Sandy
11-08-2010, 07:26 AM

Sod off Brian, my lot have EXTENDED ex pat hours to 0730 - 1530 (we were finishing at 1500) :greengrin

Sandy
11-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I hope the taliban decide to have the next 6 weeks off because of it:wink:

Good luck Titch mate, how many tours is that now ?

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2010, 08:08 AM

That is disappointing jg. Thought he would be back before then.

There's now't wrong with a meat laden "full Muslim" for brekkie, GT :agree:

Aye, but not at 4.30 in the bloody morning.

Anyway, double pay today but no extra time off like you shower up the Gulf:grr: I have to be honest, I never even thought about it until I looked in my diary yesterday for today and noticed it. Then had to rush around ensuring all the caterers were aware and ready to serve brekkie early. Bloody pests:greengrin

SaudiHibby
11-08-2010, 08:47 AM
7.30 to 3.30 here in Saudi as well mind you every twat sends in tenders three weeks before Ramadamadingdong so loads of work to get through :grr:

MacBean
11-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I presume in countries such as Algeria, Egypt, Morroco, Israel, Turkey etc, that their football season does not start until after Ramadan has finished?

although i find this very surprising in that article

In Iran, football is also played during Ramadan celebrations. An official of the Iran football association, who asked not to be named, told dpa that the football set-up in Iran continued nearly unchanged during Ramadan.

IIRC Zouma and Bamba were not as devout as Benji were but "do their best"?

The Silver Fox
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Ramadan...just sign him, he may give us that alternative up front.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Ramadan...just sign him, he may give us that alternative up front.

Should be hungry enough, but has he enough bite?

Titch
11-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Good luck Titch mate, how many tours is that now ?

5 mate first of afghan though

(((Fergus)))
16-08-2010, 10:02 PM
From Al Arabiya/AFP:

Popular Iranian footballer Ali Karimi, sometimes described as "the Maradona of Asia," has been fired by his club for not fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, the club said on Sunday.

Steel Azin FC said on its website www.steelazin.com that it was "forced to sack one of its players, Ali Karimi, for being disobedient and not fasting during Ramadan," when devout Muslims fast from dawn until dusk.

Karimi, who was the Asian Player of 2004, had even "insulted officials of the (Iranian) football federation and the Tehran team's supervisor who confronted him on the issue," Steel Azin said.

ginger_eejit
26-08-2010, 09:13 PM
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1289788.html?cid=newsletter_en_20100826_new sid1289788