PDA

View Full Version : Official Site - Match Coverage

Boris
10-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe just an early season hiccup but it seems to me that the coverage of both the 1st team & the U19's leaves a bit to be desired this season. On the "matchday" feature, the coverage of the 1st team matches starts with the game at Blackpool on Sunday - no mention of earlier games & even the Blackpool coverage has nothing but the result.

On the U19's coverage, the fixtures listed are for last season, even although the U19's have played several pre-season fixtures already & the SPL U19 fixtures were released several weeks ago. Even the match report on the Preston Athletic game says it was played Friday evening when it was Saturday afternoon.

Maybe there's been a change of personnel, maybe as I say its just an early season hiccup or maybe its just lack of attention to detail but I find it disappointing for what overall is an excellent club site.

Anybody else have any thoughts or information?

SloopJB
10-08-2010, 06:27 PM
1st time in four years I have not subscribed to HI, I don't share your view it is an excellent site. Perhaps because it is inferior to the previous site in my opinion. there seemed a bespoke element in the old site that has gone with what must be a cheaper, off the shelf version. Bloody adverts all over the place.
There has been tinkering over the years with the format of streaming from flash player, realplayer, windows and quicktime which has caused some head scratching.

So, an old fart that hasn't moved on with the times? probably, but sometimes the times can be wrong.

Boris
10-08-2010, 08:56 PM
1st time in four years I have not subscribed to HI, I don't share your view it is an excellent site. Perhaps because it is inferior to the previous site in my opinion. there seemed a bespoke element in the old site that has gone with what must be a cheaper, off the shelf version. Bloody adverts all over the place.
There has been tinkering over the years with the format of streaming from flash player, realplayer, windows and quicktime which has caused some head scratching.

So, an old fart that hasn't moved on with the times? probably, but sometimes the times can be wrong.

You lost me at "streaming" etc - count me in as an old fart! Basically I look at the site for ticket & upcoming match information & its okay on that front but as a bit of an anorak/statto I find it frustrating when the basic statistical data is wrong or incomplete.