PDA

View Full Version : Deeks

Titch
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
How long has he left on his current deal??

got a feeling he's gonnae be f*****g awesome this season

GLORY GLORY:hnet:

Steve20
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
He is out of contract next summer.

He might be awesome this season. Unfortunately, it might not be at Hibs.

HenryMonk
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Ive got feeling he'll be away soon! Awsome for someone else:-(

.Sean.
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I really hope he does stay. I was told last week at Carlisle by a mate that Hughes is looking to offload either Stokes or Riordan. Sincerely hope this is not the case but the person who told my mate is close to one of the players.

bingo70
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I think he'll be at hibs this season, i don't think any other club will value as much as we do so i think clubs may be interested but be surprised at the fee we'd be looking for.

I also think we'll look at extending his contract as soon as the transfer window closes, no point doing it just now when we should be concentrating on bringing in new players, plenty time to sort deeks contract out before he can talk to other clubs.

ancienthibby
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM

I take a contrarian view!!

I think Deeks will stay on a long contract.

Could we imagine a couple of seasons ago that he'd be captaining Hibs at any point??

Plus now he's a dad he has new responsibilities that will no doubt help mature him - I think that's already showing in his performances this pre-season!

'Mon the Deeks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RoYO!
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I really hope he does stay. I was told last week at Carlisle by a mate that Hughes is looking to offload either Stokes or Riordan. Sincerely hope this is not the case but the person who told my mate is close to one of the players.

Don't know if Hughes would be looking to offload, but the board might.

A £2M sale every year could be what they are looking for.

bingo70
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Why would he be doing this? I just don't believe it, one of them might leave but i don't see why Yogi would be deliberately trying to weaken the squad when he knows he would get very little of the transfer funds to spend on the squad. (thats not a dig at the board BTW, it's just the reality of a club our size)

.Sean.
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't know if he is. What I am saying is that my mate is friends with a guy close to one of the players and that is what he was told.

Titch
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM

i'm usually a happy clapper and get on with it whatever happens within the club i go to as many games as i can and continue to spend a fair proportion of my yearly salary on season tickets for me and my three daughters but if he was sold without asking to go or turning down a REASONABLE new deal i'd be gutted

hibbie through and through, excellent player, scores for fun, fans love him, yams hate him wtf more does he need to do to be appreiciated by the club

Big Frank
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I take a contrarian view!!

I think Deeks will stay on a long contract.

Could we imagine a couple of seasons ago that he'd be captaining Hibs at any point??

Plus now he's a dad he has new responsibilities that will no doubt help mature him - I think that's already showing in his performances this pre-season!

'Mon the Deeks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:top marks

hibby67
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
If i had a choice i would get rid of stokes.
there is more chance on him wanting to move on...... If Riordan was to be offord a new long term deal i think he would sign. with becoming a dad i sure he will want to be settled in Edinburgh

IWasThere2016
10-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Deeks'll need a contract offer before he can stay at Hibs.

essexhibee
11-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Was deeks not in contract talks? Any developments?

Back to the OP the guy is a god. Hibs god. Legend. Think how many goals he has got to win us matches, frightening.

And i would gladly lace his boots and polish them every saturday. :greengrin

Titch
11-08-2010, 03:23 AM

Back to the OP the guy is a god. Hibs god. Legend. Think how many goals he has got to win us matches, frightening.

:top marks

Sandy
11-08-2010, 06:39 AM

:agree: And if I caught him sleeping with my wife I would tell her to put more effort in, and then tuck him in afterwards :greengrin

DCI Gene Hunt
11-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Hopefully Deeko will see sense and stay at ER.

Sandy
11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Hopefully Deeko will see sense and stay at ER.

Hopefully the board will see sense and offer him a new contract :wink:

smurf
11-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Remove Deeks goals out of the team and we're Kilmarnock/St Mirren. One hell of a risk to DECIDE to let him go.

Craig_in_Prague
11-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Give him a bumper 5 year deal.

MacBean
11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
fantastic optimistic thread and i hope he does sign! Key player and if we lost him would be a major blow.

Captain Trips
11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Some of the players who for instance have gone from the SPL to say Middlesboro are IMO not really any better talents than DR but are likely to all be on 10k+ P/W. I have no idea what DR is on im sure probaly half of that at best but I woud like to think that the talent he has is worth keeping and IMO I would look to offer DR a new deal.

He may still be tempted away again lets at least make wages less of a factor, I would offer him 4yrs at between 5-10k p/w with pergaps a guarantee of a testimonial at end of that if signs extension thereafter.

All ifs and buts and I am sure will be picked apart but worth keeping him on board.

aberhibsfc
11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
One of my friends told me that there is a rumour that Blackpool are going to make an offer for Riordan in the region of £400k.

His source, I don't know, I tend to shut off when OF fans start talking football.

I can imagine Blackpool would be interested, they've still not strengthened, they'll probably recognise Riordan's goal scoring exploits and would have got a good look at him in the friendly.

Given the frugal approach their chairman employs I could imagine them thinking they could take advantage of the SPL market with this nominal amount.

Probably thinks that we would jump at such an offer. If he does, he obviously hasn't heard of the tache!!

I would be very surprised if Hibs were interested in letting him go, especially for such a derisory amount.

With Derek being a home loving, new dad and Hibby, I am not convinced he would be desperate for such a move himself.

He is certainly worth a hell of a lot more than £400k to us.

DCI Gene Hunt
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Is your friend a Yamboid by any chance? :jamboclow

HibbyAndy
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Remove Deeks goals out of the team and we're Kilmarnock/St Mirren. One hell of a risk to DECIDE to let him go.

:agree: Also puts Hughes' tenure under even more pressure than it currently is,Letting Riordan go and he can kiss his best job in the world good bye.

HibbyAndy
11-08-2010, 01:56 PM
One of my friends told me that there is a rumour that Blackpool are going to make an offer for Riordan in the region of £400k.

His source, I don't know, I tend to shut off when OF fans start talking football.

I can imagine Blackpool would be interested, they've still not strengthened, they'll probably recognise Riordan's goal scoring exploits and would have got a good look at him in the friendly.

Given the frugal approach their chairman employs I could imagine them thinking they could take advantage of the SPL market with this nominal amount.

Probably thinks that we would jump at such an offer. If he does, he obviously hasn't heard of the tache!!

I would be very surprised if Hibs were interested in letting him go, especially for such a derisory amount.

With Derek being a home loving, new dad and Hibby, I am not convinced he would be desperate for such a move himself.

He is certainly worth a hell of a lot more than £400k to us.

Signed 4 players today.

IWasThere2016
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Signed 4 players today.

No strikers tho .. Defender and 3 midfielders (one of which is attacking CM)

HibbyAndy
11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
No strikers tho .. Defender and 3 midfielders (one of which is attacking CM)

But nare is Deek :wink:

jdships
11-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Why would he be doing this? I just don't believe it, one of them might leave but i don't see why Yogi would be deliberately trying to weaken the squad when he knows he would get very little of the transfer funds to spend on the squad. (thats not a dig at the board BTW, it's just the reality of a club our size)

:thumbsup:
Fair bit of logic there - methinks !!
To SEAN .
Neither of my two lads at EM's have heard anything of AS/DR leaving ( at least in this "window" ) : another two yes JH is looking to offload but may not happen before 31st .
Here's hoping !!
:greengrin

silverhibee
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
But nare is Deek :wink:

He was on Sunday, great header from our striker. :wink: :greengrin

HibbyAndy
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
He was on Sunday, great header from our striker. :wink: :greengrin

:greengrin

Twas indeed a cracking header :agree: