PDA

View Full Version : Is losing to Hibs THAT bad?

LancashireHibby
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Rumours that Holloway is resigning from Blackpool...

HibeeSince85
10-08-2010, 02:52 PM

Where you hear that?

2 managers gone in 2 days from the Premiership before a ball is even kicked, mental!

bighairyfaeleith
10-08-2010, 02:53 PM

We'll find out once FJK resigns after another 7-0 defeat to the hibess at the first derby in front of the new east:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Hitler jumped before he was pushed from helm of the Germany outfit who went down to Hearts in WW2. It happens.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Where you hear that?

2 managers gone in 2 days from the Premiership before a ball is even kicked, mental!

Seen it mentioned on another forum, and a quick Google search has brought it up on some other ones as well.

HibeeSince85
10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Seen it mentioned on another forum, and a quick Google search has brought it up on some other ones as well.

Unbelievable eh? Chance to have a crack in the top tier, even for a season and he could already be out the door.

I like Holloway aswell, seems a decent bloke.

Sergey
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Hitler jumped before he was pushed from helm of the Germany outfit who went down to Hearts in WW2. It happens.

Actually, Bob, there was some nifty wee military manoeuvring going on.

Hearts won the battle on the Western Front, while FBK Kaunas and MTZ RIPO worked the old 'pincer movement' to the East and the rest is history.

All this talk of the Yams winning the war single-handed is slightly askew.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Unbelievable eh? Chance to have a crack in the top tier, even for a season and he could already be out the door.

I think he might be beginning to realise the damage that could be done to his reputation with what is certain to be a seriously damaging season for Blackpool - better to jump now rather than have your name associated with a dreadful team.

haagsehibby
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM

This is becoming rather tiresome and is, frankly, disrespectful.

hibeeleicester
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
PEtrie has offered a swap deal,

Hughes & Riordan

For

Adam & Holloway

Heard it here first.

HibeeSince85
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I think he might be beginning to realise the damage that could be done to his reputation with what is certain to be a seriously damaging season for Blackpool - better to jump now rather than have your name associated with a dreadful team.

True, no signings and a chairman who is quite happy to see the club secure financially without really spending a penny on the squad for the Premiership, shame although I can see where he is coming from.

Holloway for Villa?

LancashireHibby
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
True, no signings and a chairman who is quite happy to see the club secure financially without really spending a penny on the squad for the Premiership, shame although I can see where he is coming from.

Holloway for Villa?

Don't think the Villa fans would be too happy with that, and it seems Bob Bradley is a shoe-in given the American connection with Lerner and Friedal.

With all due respect to Holloway, he seems a cracking bloke with a great outlook on life with his daughters etc, but he is a mid-table Championship manager who pretty much got lucky last season.

Calvin
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Just on SSN that Blackpool are saying he hasn't resigned.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM

He'll be clearing his desk in the morning then.

Amsterdam
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM

its not holocaust denial, & I dont think that anyone but you takes it seriously. As an ex member of HM Forces I dont. I dont think any of my family that served before me would think so either

bingo70
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Holloway for Villa?

Can't remember who it was but it was a premiership chairman that said when a teams promoted they're best to continue to pay championship wages, don't spend much money, accept that you'll probably be relegated straight away but when you do you've got a better chance of going up and staying up the second time as the club (rather than just the team) will be much stronger and there isn't the same risk of the club going to the wall.

Sounds like a sound enough idea but i can't imagine too many managers being happy about it, possibly whats happening here :dunno:

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Apparently southgate is the preferred option on the villa board. Dunno why.
They are falling into the hibs trap of "former player so the fans will back him"

Big Frank
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Without hijacking thread, who is Dashing B being disrespectful to:confused: Hahahertz:confused: well thats fine by me.

The netherlands were far more disrespectful than Bob could ever be.

HibeeSince85
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't think the Villa fans would be too happy with that, and it seems Bob Bradley is a shoe-in given the American connection with Lerner and Friedal.

With all due respect to Holloway, he seems a cracking bloke with a great outlook on life with his daughters etc, but he is a mid-table Championship manager who pretty much got lucky last season.

I'm not too sure with that one, his teams have always played good attacking football from what I have seen of them, I've always thought he's been unlucky in the sense that he has never been given a chance in the Premiership, possibly the old face not fitting in.

Can't remember who it was but it was a premiership chairman that said when a teams promoted they're best to continue to pay championship wages, don't spend much money, accept that you'll probably be relegated straight away but when you do you've got a better chance of going up and staying up the second time as the club (rather than just the team) will be much stronger and there isn't the same risk of the club going to the wall.

Sounds like a sound enough idea but i can't imagine too many managers being happy about it, possibly whats happening here :dunno:

Dave Whealen could be, one of the only chairmen in that league that talks sense.

Problem with Blackpool is that they don't even seem to want to even try and stay up, even with modest wages, looks like they're there to make the cash, head back down and give it a go again like you said....not sure they will come back up again for awhile though, can just see them become a decent side in the Championship after this year.

bingo70
10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Apparently southgate is the preferred option on the villa board. Dunno why.
They are falling into the hibs trap of "former player so the fans will back him"

Probably because they'll be able to appoint him without too much effort and he knows the English game, there isn't that many other candidates available at short notice with the season starting in less than a week.

Other candidates like Bruce Arena and Sven Goran Ericsson will either take time to learn the English game or be looking for the same sort of thigs O'neill will have been looking for, Southgate will dae as he's telt :wink:

Think it'd actually be a good appointment for them, even if it's just on a one year deal.

darwenhibby
10-08-2010, 08:25 PM
With all due respect to Holloway, he seems a cracking bloke with a great outlook on life with his daughters etc, but he is a mid-table Championship manager who pretty much got lucky last season.[/QUOTE]

He had a squad last season, that everyone believed in him and would run through brick walls for him.
Xmas day at training in the snow, he swan dived through the centre circle.
Then made all the players do it too. Everyone of them did it.

darwenhibby
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
PEtrie has offered a swap deal,

Hughes & Riordan

For

Adam & Holloway

Heard it here first.

I've heard it is Almond:wink:

Bostonhibby
10-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I've always felt that Holloway seemed like a decent down to earth guy, could it be that he went there for a stag do that went on for too long, and has just sobered up, had a look at the support, the stadium, the transfer budget, then losing to hibs was the final straw when that sobering up coffee and fried egg roll kicked in on Monday?

Part/Time Supporter
10-08-2010, 08:40 PM

As did Kaiser Bill in WW1. He took up a new post in Holland.

:agree:

Toaods
10-08-2010, 09:08 PM
As did Kaiser Bill in WW1. He took up a new post in Holland.

:agree:

...sounds like that former managerial target for Hearts, Steve McLaren. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Probably had 2nd thoughts, he wont come up against many better teams than Hibs this season.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM

Decent and funny.

Remember watching a tv prog a few years back where he was in his lounge at home and shouting at both his daughters. Made funny by the fact that his daughters were busy saying to him in sign language something along the lines of "Don't know why you're shouting - you know we're deaf". :faf:

Anyway if I had to look at the new Blackpool east stand every home game I would resign.

Hainan Hibs
10-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Always an excuse for this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBgp_LaPWc

Priceless:thumbsup:

essexhibee
11-08-2010, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even get into double figures, could this be the worst points tally ever? I think they will be worse than Derby were back in 2007? was it.

In all seriousness with a near full strength side they lost to an SPL team, think about when they play Top 10 EPL teams. They will struggle big time.

crewetollhibee
11-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Anybody got odds on them staying up ? Might be worth 30 bob, there are a lot of poor teams down there. (Blackburn for one had a dismal result at the weekend).

Sergey
11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Anybody got odds on them staying up ? Might be worth 30 bob, there are a lot of poor teams down there. (Blackburn for one had a dismal result at the weekend).

They're 9/4 with Paddy Power.

If 40 points are needed to keep them up, I really don't see where they'll garner that tally from, certainly if Sunday's performance is anything to go by.

--------
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Disrespectful to whom?

Hearts? Boo-hoo. Romanov? Boo-hoo-hoo. Hitler and the Third Reich? You're breaking my heart.

Bob's absolutely right - it wasn't the Red Army that took Berlin - it was a Kaunas-MTK Select XI sneaking round the Germans' left wing in a submarine captained by Roaminoff the Gloaminoff.... :agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Happy to apologise to both Hearts and the Third Reich, both great institutions which are held in high esteem by us all:fibber:though all those chaps are known to have a great sense of humour and certainly wouldn't take it all too seriously.:fibber:

It's just a pity that there had to be loser.

--------
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Happy to apologise to both Hearts and the Third Reich, both great institutions which are held in high esteem by us all:fibber:though all those chaps are known to have a great sense of humour and certainly wouldn't take it all too seriously.:fibber:

It's just a pity that there had to be loser.

Like you, Bob, I hold Hearts in exactly as much esteem as I do the Third Reich.

Indeed, there are times when I find it very hard to tell them apart.... :rolleyes:

erin go bragh
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Always an excuse for this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBgp_LaPWc

Priceless:thumbsup:
quality:greengrin