PDA

View Full Version : Bamba "Staying at Hibs"

Purehibee_MYB
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Sol-Bamba-regrets-39misunderstanding39.6465594.jp

Apologies if posted but thought I would be one of the first to show my delight that it looks like he intends to be here for this season!

KinchHibee
09-08-2010, 11:51 PM
If he's here for this season i'd much rather see him sign an extension, even if its with the understanding we listen to any offers for him.

Bamba is easily one of our top assets and to lose him for free would be a nightmare :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
09-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Or you can look at it as instead of losing him now and having little time to replace him, we get a year of his talent and lose him cheap or even free

vahibbie
10-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Or you can look at it as instead of losing him now and having little time to replace him, we get a year of his talent and lose him cheap or even free

Or we could have both:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
10-08-2010, 12:04 AM
well yeah obviously we want him to sign an extension, but ultimately I believe if I was to choose having him for this season or selling him now i would choose to have him and if he refused to sign on then we would just let him go

broonie27
10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I can't get too excited about this news TBH. I'd far rather we sold him for a decent wedge and get a player who wants to be ER....... unless he signs a new contract that is, which is highly unlikely.

Turnip
10-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Who is Bamba's agent?

Hibbyradge
10-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Not quite.

"I have one year on my contract at Hibs so, if nothing happens, Ill be happy to stay here and see what happens next season."

Duffys13
10-08-2010, 06:23 AM
A fit and FOCUSED Bamba is a big plus. Hopefully there are not too many Ivory Coast Trips this season toturn his head!!

random sub
10-08-2010, 06:46 AM
"so, if nothing happens..... "
Hardly a cast iron "I will stay at Hibs this season". I reckon he will be away by the end of this window. Some French club for 500k or something. Hope not but....

Jack
10-08-2010, 06:50 AM
If nothing happens of course he'll be here - nothing happened!

Woody1985
10-08-2010, 07:21 AM
I think it's hilarious that people are continually moaning about getting money in the bank for our best players yet when one of them might stay we want to sell him because we'll lose him for nout. :faf:

I hope he does stay and give Yogi as many assets on the park to help us push on again this season. If he goes, it'll be nice to get some cash in the bank for him that can perhaps be spent elsewhere. My worry would be that some of that money will go on Gow.

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2010, 07:24 AM
At the end of the day, we paid £50k for Sol. Say we got £500k for him now, a quarter of that would go to Dunfermline. We would come out with £325k profit.
Would that cash be FULLY invested into a replacement? Doubtful.
Would we find someone as good as Sol for that kind of cash? IMHO, doubtful

I would rather keep Sol for the next 10 months, then take the risk of losing him. If he signed for another year or 2 then brilliant.

I just think in our current team, Sol's power an presence is absolutely essential! David Stephen could learn a lot from Sol in the next 10 months

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM
If Bamab does not move before the window shuts, then he will go for zip at the end of the season or for a small fee when the window opens again. Would be better we came to terms with that now, and then didn't have another situation like we had with Gary Caldwell.

erin-go-bragh87
10-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Not quite.

"I have one year on my contract at Hibs so, if nothing happens, Ill be happy to stay here and see what happens next season."

Exactly. All that says to me Is he still wants away but will stay here for an other season if push comes to shove. It's the same story we have heard from so many want-away players.

Hibstrooper
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I doubt he is one of the higest earners at the club given we got him from Dunfermline and rumours were Motherwell offered him more at the time.

Get him to sign a 1 or 2 year extension with a raise of £500 a week and put in a minimum fee release cause of £1million so he knows there's a good chance he'll get to go next summer. Or if we can't afford the weekly raise give him 10% of any profit from his transfer.

Surely that's a win win for everyone?

--------
10-08-2010, 09:35 AM
At the end of the day, we paid £50k for Sol. Say we got £500k for him now, a quarter of that would go to Dunfermline. We would come out with £325k profit.
Would that cash be FULLY invested into a replacement? Doubtful.
Would we find someone as good as Sol for that kind of cash? IMHO, doubtful

I would rather keep Sol for the next 10 months, then take the risk of losing him. If he signed for another year or 2 then brilliant.

I just think in our current team, Sol's power an presence is absolutely essential! David Stephen could learn a lot from Sol in the next 10 months

Yup.

I still reckon he'll be gone either this month or in January, but if he stays I'm happy - even if we don't get a fee for him.

In 10 months time I'd expect David to be a much more accomplished player - Paul Hanlon too. Those two could well be next season's CB pairing. Neither of them are the obvious weakest link right now.

Sol staying another 10 months could sort the whole centre-back problem out for us without us having to look for a replacement in a crisis....

Captain Trips
10-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Exactly. All that says to me Is he still wants away but will stay here for an other season if push comes to shove. It's the same story we have heard from so many want-away players.

Yeah, just insert any players name in the sentence and your right seen and heard it all, thanks Sol for continuing to play as per contract.

sesoim
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
I doubt he is one of the higest earners at the club given we got him from Dunfermline and rumours were Motherwell offered him more at the time.

Get him to sign a 1 or 2 year extension with a raise of £500 a week and put in a minimum fee release cause of £1million so he knows there's a good chance he'll get to go next summer. Or if we can't afford the weekly raise give him 10% of any profit from his transfer.

Surely that's a win win for everyone?

£500 a week rise? I think it might take a bit more than that - considering he could probably earn £10k a week in the Championship I doubt he'd sign an extension that earns him about £2k a week.

I think we need to sell him now so we can cash in before it's too late, but if nobody is prepared to pay at least £400k then we'd be just as well keeping him and making the most of him while he's here. I just hope he doesn't start getting mystery injuries for the last few months of his contract like a lot of players that are planning to leave do.

down-the-slope
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
2 worrying things in that

1) as already pointed out.....if nothing happens.....
2) no conversation with Manager / chairman about no show .....:confused: thats just ridiculous if true

RoYO!
10-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Hibs NEED bamba, even on an off day he is the best player in def.

If he goes at the end of the season for free then so be it. We can still consider it v good business by the club to have him in the first place. Obv if he signs an extension that would be an incredible bit of business

Keith_M
10-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Hibs NEED bamba, even on an off day he is the best player in def.

If he goes at the end of the season for free then so be it. We can still consider it v good business by the club to have him in the first place. Obv if he signs an extension that would be an incredible bit of business

:agree:

The defence just don't look the same without him. It's not as if we're overrun with big CHs that can actually do the business.

To me, it looks like he wants away but other clubs don't have the same high opinion of him as he and his agent do.

JimBHibees
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
The article smacks of a bit of brinkmanship to get an interested party to up their bid. Personal opinion he will be away before the window is out.

lyonhibs
10-08-2010, 01:55 PM
It's good news in theory, if we actually still have him come the end of the window, but I'm somewhat confused re: the source of this "big misunderstanding" he cites.

Hibs give Sol Bamba extended leave period before/during the WC - presumably Sol was informed about his planned return date and could have queried/asked for an extension then.

Assuming Sol doesn't ask - and get approved - an extension before the initial return date, it's only normal for the club, managment and fans to be pissed off when he fails to show in Holland, especially as other players who actually played during the WC have managed to return to their clubs by the allocated deadline without any problems at all.

Them being the facts as we know them - anyone have any inside info, did Hibs even have an inkling that Sol wasn't going to be back after the arranged date?? - there is no "misunderstanding"

Bamba just acted like a Billy BigBaws and though he could just swan about at a whim and not inform the club. Yogi was right to punt him to the youths for that week.

Bamba should just get back into training as hard as he can, getting match-fit and playing for Hibs, whilst remembering that it was us that gave him his big chance. No more piffling press interviews citing a "misunderstanding" where -at first glance - he was simply in the wrong.

If his heid is still with Drogba et al, as it was for the first few games after his last international leave period, he'll be a massive liability at CB.

Jim44
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I think that Bamba, in the absence of any significant interest in him in terms of a move away from Hibs, has decided to ingratiate himself with the supporters for at least another six months. The issue is crystal clear to me, that he was totally out of order in his behaviour and attitude towards the club and his talk of still having it out with Hughes is only fanning the embers. He should shut it and get on with what he is paid to do.

lyonhibs
10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I think that Bamba, in the absence of any significant interest in him in terms of a move away from Hibs, has decided to ingratiate himself with the supporters for at least another six months. The issue is crystal clear to me, that he was totally out of order in his behaviour and attitude towards the club and his talk of still having it out with Hughes is only fanning the embers. He should shut it and get on with what he is paid to do.

Nail on head

DH1875
10-08-2010, 08:18 PM
At the end of the day he only cost us £55k so I have no problem with Bamba staying put and going for nothing at the end of the season, as long as he doesn't end up in Glasgow.

iwasthere1972
10-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Just "tuned" into Italy v Ivory Coast game.

78 minutes gone and Ivory Coast 1-0 up. Can't see Sol anywhere.

Jim44
10-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Just "tuned" into Italy v Ivory Coast game.

78 minutes gone and Ivory Coast 1-0 up. Can't see Sol anywhere.

He's a sub, but I don't think he's had a run. Still, he'll be exhausted and will be loooking for a wee holiday before returning to Easter Road. :greengrin

Woody1985
10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I was quite pissed off with him but I noticed in the press that some of the big name players in the world weren't back until 7/8 days before their seasons kicked off.

Is it as much of an issue as we think? Yes, he should have been back but hopefully a professional athlete, whom I've never heard of being out on the piss/fighting etc etc, can still be reasonably fit during that time.

I'd be happy for him to see out the season and he wouldn't be worth losing for a nominal fee during the January window unless Stephens has started to play, and play well.

Bostonhibby
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM

:agree: Wot he sed :thumbsup: