PDA

View Full Version : 'Premier League Standard'

since90plustwo
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Folk are slating blackpools stadium for being not u to permier league standard, sorry to ask but can someone define the term. Thanks

Big Frank
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
The Leith San Siro

:hnet:

Any stand built in 1914 :agree:

.Sean.
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
For the prices they'll more than likely be charging in the Premiership I don't think the stand should have any restricted views for a start.

Holmesdale Hibs
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Folk are slating blackpools stadium for being not u to permier league standard, sorry to ask but can someone define the term. Thanks

I would expect a new-build stand to look better than our old east. Surely it can't cost that much to build a small stand without restricted viewing?

blairwallace
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
a stand that is like the rest of the stadium that is a fully permanent that will stand there for many many years to come (not falkirks wee tent stand) blackpools stadium does look great in the inside apart from the discoloured seats and tehn you look at their new stand with pillars and it looks just wrong to be honest. getting into the stadium was confusing too, first time i've went in a stand at its side.

Barney McGrew
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Their ground reminded me of the new St Mirren one, but with the corners filled in.

It had about the same number of home fans too :greengrin

blairwallace
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Their ground reminded me of the new St Mirren one, but with the corners filled in.

It had about the same number of home fans too :greengrin

thats exactly what i said to seanraff :agree:

ballengeich
09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
For the prices they'll more than likely be charging in the Premiership I don't think the stand should have any restricted views for a start.

Quite right. Ceptic Park?

LancashireHibby
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
They've gone as close as possible to the Premier League minimum standards for the 'new' stand, and it shows. There again, they didn't have much choice as they need it to be ready as soon as possible and that was never going to happen with a 'proper' stand.