PDA

View Full Version : Yams signings

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Much as i hate to admit it, but when i look at the Yams signings compared to ours,I think they have outdone us.3 full international players BARR KYLE and ELLIOT compared with ours STEPHENS very much untried,a bog standard right back in HART and a half descent mid fielder in DE GRAFF.What has happened to the sell on money from FLETCHER, season ticket money, and the cash saved by all the players we have freed and sent out on loan.I am dismayed to here that we will only sign more much needed players if we move some first teamers on.Its going to be a long hard season.

Hibernian Verse
09-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Sound...

Hainan Hibs
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Describing Kyle and Barr as "full international players" gives the game away.

matty_f
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
This is a DISASTER.

lyonhibs
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
terrible attempt. Barr has 1, maybe 2 friendly caps, and all Kyle's caps came during the Berti Vogts disaster. De Graaf was the captain and top European goal scorer for and established Eredivisie side. Must try harder, Yamboy

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry boys 42 years a hibby.Just saying it how i feel.

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Much as i hate to admit it, but when i look at the Yams signings compared to ours,I think they have outdone us.3 full international players BARR KYLE and ELLIOT compared with ours STEPHENS very much untried,a bog standard right back in HART and a half descent mid fielder in DE GRAFF.What has happened to the sell on money from FLETCHER, season ticket money, and the cash saved by all the players we have freed and sent out on loan.I am dismayed to here that we will only sign more much needed players if we move some first teamers on.Its going to be a long hard season.

Elliot and Elliot up front or Riordan and Stokes?..Its not rocket science.

Hart is a bog standard RB? He's played ten years in the spl and is a solid defender.

De graaf or Ian Black? Deary ****in dear..

Pish poor attempt :bye::bye::bye:

007 Mickey Weir
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
The answer is a large green thing opposite the Main stand.

As for Yams signings -

Barr - Liability
Kyle - Poor mans Nish
Elliott - WHO.........?? Also see above

I believe Yogi will bring in 2 or 3 players before end of transfer window. Gow and another couple. I would like a decent defender and Davidson from St J's . With Stevenson and Currie maybe leaving either on loan or on permnant basis.

Add in Zemamma's return next month and things are not that bad.

No real panic. Remeber the**** have LOST - Stewart, Concalves and Nade. There 3 BIGGEST players last season! :greengrin

GGTTH

The_Todd
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
As much as those players you mention would no doubt be welcome signings at ER, they're not the kind of signings that make me likely to lose any sleep over the season ahead.

Hank Schrader
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Trembling at the thought...

007 Mickey Weir
09-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Also noticed Zalauska is out of contract in Jan. Does that mean he can sign a pre-contract agreement with anyone now??

We should go for him to wind them up!!! :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry boys 42 years a hibby.Just saying it how i feel.

I dont believe you!!:feed::feed:

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I am not saying i would have signed the 3 for us, but one result at blackpool dose not hide the cracks.

Diclonius
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Six posts? Are your lot really that thick?

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I am not saying i would have signed the 3 for us, but one result at blackpool dose not hide the cracks.

Hearts scraped into the top 6 last season, So Barr Kyle and Elliot wont paper over the cracks that Hearts are shight.

They should be relagated for having a pink poofy stadium, And id rather have our (sorry hibs) sqaud than Hearts.

Suso Black and Callum Elliot :hilarious

Woody1985
Can we not just launch him?

Col2

Mmmm...

Next your going to tell us that it was pointless to build a new stand as we will never fill it eh?

Do you admit that you may just have been rumbled?

Lofarl
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I dont think the OP is a yam tbh.

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Can we not just launch him?

Nah lets keep him for a bit,:agree:

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Hearts scraped into the top 6 last season, So Barr Kyle and Elliot wont paper over the cracks that Hearts are shight.

They should be relagated for having a pink poofy stadium, And id rather have our (sorry hibs) sqaud than Hearts.

Suso Black and Callum Elliot :hilarious
I am not saying that they have a better squad than us,all i am saying is that we have hardly outdone them in the transfer market this summer.

bingo70
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I am not saying that they have a better squad than us,all i am saying is that we have hardly outdone them in the transfer market this summer.

They said that last season as well

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Thats cause Hearts need players as they are tom kite .

seanraff07
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
So far Hart has looked excellent and looks like our best RB since Whittaker. De Graaf has also impressed me and looks like he could get a fair few goals from midfield which we've always struggled to do. Stephens looks like he could be brilliant in a couple of years as he already looks decent at the age of just 18 and is a big, physical player.

Barney McGrew
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I am not saying that they have a better squad than us.

That's because they don't.

They've got a couple of decent players that will be gone in either this transfer window or the next, a load of injured journeymen and some kids.

Bottom six for them this season :agree:

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
When are Hearts buliding this 50 Million new stand? That includes a shopping mall.... 6 thousand hotels..and 4 million restaraunts.... 55 cinema's...400 hundred state of the art academys.....698 sauna rooms and 25 swimming pools ?....

Dibben
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
For sake of the argument...

EH is NOT a yam! I've met him and got him on the board!

In saying that, I don't necessarily agree with him... :-)

totalfootball
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
The guy was just saying it how he sees it. As it happens I agree to a certain extent with him. Obviously the 2 lads up front are no world beaters but they are bound to score more goals for them than last season. It is 1 of my pet hates that some Hibees spend more time worrying about Hearts and taking the piss outa them than worrying about how we can improve etc etc. I think Hearts are gonna be up there this season along with ourselves and Dun Utd. Jeffries is gonna have them hard to beat and we all know they're going to be chucking balls into the box at every oppurtunity for Kyle to get his heid on.

Jack
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Not just a case of who they signed compared to us but who they lost.

What they lost was better than what they got - net loss for the yams.

On the other hand what we let go and what we've brought in - net win :greengrin

Barney McGrew
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Jeffries is gonna have them hard to beat and we all know they're going to be chucking balls into the box at every oppurtunity for Kyle to get his heid on.

It's going to have to be some header for him to score from the treatment table

Duffys13
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The guy was just saying it how he sees it. As it happens I agree to a certain extent with him. Obviously the 2 lads up front are no world beaters but they are bound to score more goals for them than last season. It is 1 of my pet hates that some Hibees spend more time worrying about Hearts and taking the piss outa them than worrying about how we can improve etc etc. I think Hearts are gonna be up there this season along with ourselves and Dun Utd. Jeffries is gonna have them hard to beat and we all know they're going to be chucking balls into the box at every oppurtunity for Kyle to get his heid on.

I agree, think they will be better than last year with Jeffries in charge. However, as always I am just waiting for Romanov sticking his big nose in and ****ing it all up for them.

Sprouleflyer
09-08-2010, 07:16 PM

What I will say is that they have brought in players where they needed them, 2 new strikers and a replacement for Congalves in Barr.

However both strikers are very injury prone who's careers have steadily dropped over the last few years, only time will tell if they will be successful or not, but as HibbyAndy has already stated Kyle and Elliott or Riordan and Stokes?…..No contest really.

Barr would have been welcomed at ER, but a central pairing of Barr and Hogg would have filled me with dread. He may have slotted in at right back, but I would prefer an out and out RB and Hart fits that bill.

The one thing that I am a bit jealous about Hearts is the wingers they have, they have a decent amount of talent out wide that will cause most teams some problems.

bingo70
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Don't see how De Graff can be described as a 'half decent signing' when you raving about the mediocracy that Hearts have signed, if there's one thing de graaf has it's a terrific pedigree and comes from a far higher standard than anything hearts have signed.

Hart is tried and tested at this level, so don't really see what more you can look for.

Stephens is untried, granted, however after the rave reviews he's been getting in pre-season i don't see how you could find negatives in his signing.

Barr is nothing special, good solid enough player but nothing i'd be excited about signing.

Kyle has had a good half season in his career and Elliot sounds like he has a decent reputation, however he's injury prone and think i'm right in saying it's been a few years since he's had a good season.

Pretty average signings in my book, they'll probably be better than last season but i'm no quite ****ting myself just yet

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't see how De Graff can be described as a 'half decent signing' when you raving about the mediocracy that Hearts have signed, if there's one thing de graaf has it's a terrific pedigree and comes from a far higher standard than anything hearts have signed.

Hart is tried and tested at this level, so don't really see what more you can look for.

Stephens is untried, granted, however after the rave reviews he's been getting in pre-season i don't see how you could find negatives in his signing.

Barr is nothing special, good solid enough player but nothing i'd be excited about signing.

Kyle has had a good half season in his career and Elliot sounds like he has a decent reputation, however he's injury prone and think i'm right in saying it's been a few years since he's had a good season.

Pretty average signings in my book, they'll probably be better than last season but i'm no quite ****ting myself just yet

Tremendous post mate.

Steve20
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Hearts have tried to sort out their problem positions. We have positions that need sorting and,apart from right back, we have done nothing to get these positions sorted.

Hearts are nothing special but will probably finish ahead of us, unless we are allowed to bring in one or two more without losing key players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaiser1962
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
And they keep on telling us how they are going to balance the books by letting Stewart, Kingston and Goncalves go to save money. Then they sign Elliott, Barr and Kyle. I dont think the difference will be considerable and then, when the next accounts are published they wont be able to work out how they're still losing money. ******s.
The sooner they clamp down on clubs who cant pay their bills the better.

--------
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Can't quite place it, but there's an appalling stench of sweet potato about this thread.... :rolleyes:

bingo70
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Hearts have tried to sort out their problem positions. We have positions that need sorting and,apart from right back, we have done nothing to get these positions sorted.

Hearts are nothing special but will probably finish ahead of us, unless we are allowed to bring in one or two more without losing key players.

How do you know we've done nothing?

IMO in recent seasons we've been showing signs of moving away from signing your average journeymen like hearts have signed and tried to bring in players with real quality and TBH if we can't get that quality i'd rather we went with what we've got than bring in someone for the sake of it.

I'd have liked us to have brough in a centre half, a defensive midfielder and a striker, there's still time left so hopefully we can bring people in and i think we will, i'll be amazed if we go into the new season with 3 strikers.

Unfortunately Hearts pay more than us so it's easier to bring players in earlier than us.

ronaldo7
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Did you catch that this week end :wink:

PaulSmith
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20. Can you please post a link to the last positive post you made about Hibs on here?

degenerated
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Steve20. Can you please post a link to the last positive post you made about Hibs on here?

i wouldn't hold your breath :hilarious

Judas Iscariot
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
As I said on another thread the 4 signings Hertz have made are pretty decent, would have all them at ER!

It's easy to compare their worst players with our best..

Riordan or Clum, Miller or Black etc

The thing is they could turn it around to us..

Palazuelos or Rankin, Kello or Smith, Hogg or Barr etc..

IMO they've had a better window than us so far and if we don't sign a few more bodies they're 1st choice 11 will be as strong if not stronger than ours!

Admitting they have made a few good signings doesn't make somebody a undercover yam!

son of haggart
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
What I will say is that they have brought in players where they needed them, 2 new strikers and a replacement for Congalves in Barr.

However both strikers are very injury prone who's careers have steadily dropped over the last few years, only time will tell if they will be successful or not, but as HibbyAndy has already stated Kyle and Elliott or Riordan and Stokes?…..No contest really.

Barr would have been welcomed at ER, but a central pairing of Barr and Hogg would have filled me with dread. He may have slotted in at right back, but I would prefer an out and out RB and Hart fits that bill.

The one thing that I am a bit jealous about Hearts is the wingers they have, they have a decent amount of talent out wide that will cause most teams some problems.

That's a very sensible post IMO - I wouldn't disagree with much that you have said. I have a little doubt as to whether Riordan and Stokes will deliver for you as consistently as they did last year. It seems most teams at the end of last season found out how to deal with Hughes' tactics and starve your front two of the service they need. In Heart's case we had plenty of service but no takers.....

De Graff looks a positive signing for you , but like Elliot and Kyle we'll have to see if he can consistently deliver this year. I am more confident of Barr as you may also be of Hart. Similar good pedigree players in positions where there is a need.

With us we now need an attacking midfielder. Looking at your team I thinkl you appear short in midfield of a good hard defensive mid and someone who can either sit behing your front two and make that last pass to Stokes or Riordan or stretch defences and cut the ball back for them.

whiskyhibby
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
:jamboak:Aye Stokes and Riordan are ****tting themselves at the thought...................Having said that Nish may now have some competition in Edinburgh's best of the rest goalscorer's league

matty_f
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM

i wouldn't hold your breath :hilarious

:hilarious:

7 Up
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
No doubt Yogi's performance as manager could be legitimately criticised on a number of points, but I actually think his signings have been fairly decent.

Stephens looks like a pretty talented prospect. Hart appears to be a solid, if not spectacular player, in a position we struggled with last season. Finally, De Graaf looks like a very competent midfielder.

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
No doubt Yogi's performance as manager could be legitimately criticised on a number of points, but I actually think his signings have been fairly decent.

Stephens looks like a pretty talented prospect. Hart appears to be a solid, if not spectacular player, in a position we struggled with last season. Finally, De Graaf looks like a very competent midfielder.
At the end of the day my main point was that we have not invested a lot of money in new players, and having watched us in both euro games this season we are crying out for at least another 2 or 3 new faces.

MSK
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
At the end of the day my main point was that we have not invested a lot of money in new players, and having watched us in both euro games this season we are crying out for at least another 2 or 3 new faces.Do we have a lot of money to invest in players ..?

epperstonehibby
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Do we have a lot of money to invest in players ..?
Well FLETCHERS sell on money was a brucie bonus,where has that gone?

MSK
09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Well FLETCHERS sell on money was a brucie bonus,where has that gone?Why the need tae highlight Fletchers name ..?..:confused:...how much did we get ..?

Diclonius
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Palazuelos or Rankin

Palazuelos is a defensive midfielder. A more accurate comparision would be McBride or even Bamba.

Diclonius
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I've taken the liberty of comparing the Hibs starting XI with their hearts counterparts, and ones in bold are who I'd pick.

Graeme Smith v Janos Balogh
Michael Hart v Jason Thomson
Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Sol Bamba v Marius Zaliukas
Edwin de Graaf v Suso Santana
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Kevin McBride v Ruben Palazuelos
David Wotherspoon v Craig Thomson
Anthony Stokes v Kevin Kyle
Derek Riordan v Stephen Elliott

7-4 in favour of us. No' bad.

ballengeich
09-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I've taken the liberty of comparing the Hibs starting XI with their hearts counterparts, and ones in bold are who I'd pick.

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black

That seems reasonable. We have a better attack, but our defence is deficient.

SRHibs
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black

That's not our line-up though.

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Sol Bamba v Marius Zaliukas - Bamba for the moment. Can't see him being here for much longer though, and I doubt we're going to get a replacement who is as good as Zaliukas, who I rate.
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Derek Riordan v Andrew Driver
Anthony Stokes v Stephen Elliott
Colin Nish v Kevin Kyle

Tin hat on here, but I think Driver is a better left winger than Riordan. Has the pace that we sorely lack. Don't get me wrong, if it was a choice between Driver the winger or Riordan the striker, I'd take Deek in a flash.

matty_f
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Sol Bamba v Marius Zaliukas - Bamba for the moment. Can't see him being here for much longer though, and I doubt we're going to get a replacement who is as good as Zaliukas, who I rate.
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Colin Nish v Kevin Kyle

Tin hat on here, but I think Driver is a better left winger than Riordan. Has the pace that we sorely lack. Don't get me wrong, if it was a choice between Driver the winger or Riordan the striker, I'd take Deek in a flash.

Deek ahead of Driver any day of the week, playing in any position.

When was the last time Driver had a good game?

PC Stamp
09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
When having been used to Christian Nade as your front line striker, the boy Elliott is undoubtedly prolific. He averages a goal every 4.5 games. That however includes his most productive spell at Sunderland. Over the last 3 years he's experienced leaner times averaging a goal every 6.5 games. But let's concentrate on career average.

Kevin Kyle doesn't match up to the new boy with a career average of a goal every 5.6 games. More of a setter upper I'd suggest.

The lad Stokes at Hibs meanwhile averages a goal every 2.9 games despite a lean spell whilst at Sunderland and the chap Riordan has a career record of a goal every 2.5 games despite a lean spell at Sellickfooballclub.

As an add on, the oft maligned Colin Nish has a career strike rate of a goal every 3.8 games

So who would you rather in your side?
You decide.

jgl07
09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
As I said on another thread the 4 signings Hertz have made are pretty decent, would have all them at ER!

It's easy to compare their worst players with our best..

Riordan or Clum, Miller or Black etc

The thing is they could turn it around to us..

Palazuelos or Rankin, Kello or Smith, Hogg or Barr etc..

Surely Palazuelos is long gone?

matty_f
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM
When having been used to Christian Nade as your front line striker, the boy Elliott is undoubtedly prolific. He averages a goal every 4.5 games. That however includes his most productive spell at Sunderland. Over the last 3 years he's experienced leaner times averaging a goal every 6.5 games. But let's concentrate on career average.

Kevin Kyle doesn't match up to the new boy with a career average of a goal every 5.6 games. More of a setter upper I'd suggest.

The lad Stokes at Hibs meanwhile averages a goal every 2.9 games despite a lean spell whilst at Sunderland and the chap Riordan has a career record of a goal every 2.5 games despite a lean spell at Sellickfooballclub.

As an add on, the oft maligned Colin Nish has a career strike rate of a goal every 3.8 games

So who would you rather in your side?
You decide.

:top marks

Mikeystewart
09-08-2010, 11:34 PM
So far Hart has looked excellent and looks like our best RB since Whittaker. De Graaf has also impressed me and looks like he could get a fair few goals from midfield which we've always struggled to do. Stephens looks like he could be brilliant in a couple of years as he already looks decent at the age of just 18 and is a big, physical player.

2274 posts since January youve been busy :wink:

(((Fergus)))
09-08-2010, 11:34 PM

LTYF :jamboclow

SunshineOnLeith
09-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Do you WORK for the SUN newspaper in their NEEDLESSLY capitalising words DEPARTMENT?

son of haggart
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black

Our starting line up would probably have Craig Thomson or Barr at Right Back ( Barr if Bouzid is playing CH), it would certainly not feature Black - Ryan Stevenson was MOM against Millwall in that position. It would also probably have Driver at left midfield with Suso on the right (though from what I have seen Templeton is as good as or better than Suso).

we also have Toto:wink:

Hank Schrader
10-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Our starting line up would probably have Craig Thomson or Barr at Right Back ( Barr if Bouzid is playing CH), it would certainly not feature Black - Ryan Stevenson was MOM against Millwall in that position. It would also probably have Driver at left midfield with Suso on the right (though from what I have seen Templeton is as good as or better than Suso).

For what its worth I think Hearts will be steady if unspectacular next season. None of your signings stand out but FJK will get a mixed back of results out the team, maybe a decent cup run with a top six finish. I think it will be a close season between Hibs and Hearts, not willing to predict who will finish higher though!!

Has Toto actually signed?

Houchy
10-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I dont think the OP is a yam tbh.

Me neither, I think he's a Hibby whos post needed one of these ":wink:".

I read it and had a chuckle at the blatant sarcasm, followed by the "launch him:grr:" hysteria.

I don't think even "one of them" would seriously refer to Barr or Kyle as internationalists (surely:confused:)

BroxburnHibee
10-08-2010, 06:57 AM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Colin Nish v Kevin Kyle

No chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get all this crap about Driver - if he's a winger where's his end product.

Deek spent most of last season on the wing starved off service in a team that had a rotten run for the last few months off the season.

Remind me how many goals was it he scored?

Kaiser1962
10-08-2010, 07:11 AM
And how many goals has Driver scored? I do believe Deeks scored more goals last season than Driver has in his entire career. You've lost it man, lost the plot.

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Colin Nish v Kevin Kyle

Barney McGrew
10-08-2010, 07:18 AM
I don't get all this crap about Driver - if he's a winger where's his end product?

Let's see.....

He doesn't score a lot of goals. He doesn't provide a lot of assists. He's injury prone. David Van Zanten had him in his back pocket when he played against him.

Nope, I'm still with you on this one Broxy :cool2:

Houchy
10-08-2010, 07:44 AM
At the end of the day my main point was that we have not invested a lot of money in new players, and having watched us in both euro games this season we are crying out for at least another 2 or 3 new faces.

This isn't a p*** take as I genuinely don't know but how much did Hearts spend bringing in Kyle, Barr and the other addition to the circus (his name escapes me)?

I still can't see how this substantiates your argument that their 3 additions are better than ours:confused:

Sandy
10-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ian Black
Colin Nish v Kevin Kyle

You will need more than a tin hat spouting that pish. 17 goals and how many assists from left midfield last season, now do tell me how many goals and assists Driver has in his entire career ?

Sandy
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
And how many goals has Driver scored? I do believe Deeks scored more goals last season than Driver has in his entire career. You've lost it man, lost the plot.

Bugger I was too late :greengrin I just lost it when I saw the daft post about Driver v Deeks

Kojock
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Just to confirm that EH is definately no Yam, I know this because he is my big buddy who was with me in Maribor.

As for him talking Tom Kite, now thats another matter.... :agree:

--------
10-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you WORK for the SUN newspaper in their NEEDLESSLY capitalising words DEPARTMENT?

MAYBE he's the HIPPY BLOKE who gets his TWO MONTHS free CAR INSURANCE on the AVIVA ad? :cool2:

Owain_1987
10-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Use proper grammar and make sense of your argument or I don't think anyone will think you are a Hibby. :greengrin

Aldo
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry but would take Zaliukas before Bamba as Zaliukas can defend. (tin hat at the ready)

Zaliukas would walk into our defence. Exactly the type of player we need (without the thuggery though).

easty
10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Sorry but would take Zaliukas before Bamba as Zaliukas can defend. (tin hat at the ready)

Zaliukas would walk into our defence. Exactly the type of player we need (without the thuggery though).

Totally agree with that, although Bamba is a better footballer techincally, we could certainly do with a centre half like Zaliukas. I wouldn't even say without the thuggery, we need more of that in our defence, we look far too much of a soft touch, too often, back there.

aberhibsfc
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Can't remember the exact figures, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Nish has scored more goals compared with Kyle.

Jack
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Apart from Celtc neither has anyone else.

Transfer fees for the likes of us are a rarity.

Any cash we ‘spend’ on players will be with signing on or off fees with out of contract players. That will enable us to get good players on a weekly wage that fits our ‘structure’ but when worked out over the term of the contract will give the players as good a return as they are likely to get elsewhere. That’s what I think! :agree:

Grizz
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Just to confirm that EH is definately no Yam, I know this because he is my big buddy who was with me in Maribor.

I retract my standard "from hells heart I stab at thee" type response to yams coming here on the wind-up then!

My apols:greengrin

degenerated
10-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Apart from Celtc neither has anyone else.

Transfer fees for the likes of us are a rarity.

Any cash we ‘spend’ on players will be with signing on or off fees with out of contract players. That will enable us to get good players on a weekly wage that fits our ‘structure’ but when worked out over the term of the contract will give the players as good a return as they are likely to get elsewhere. That’s what I think! :agree:

i belive we had to pay a transfer fee to norwich for stephens :agree:

Barney McGrew
10-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Just to confirm that EH is definately no Yam

How would you ken.....I think you're a yam as well.

:stirrer:

:greengrin

The_Horde
10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Ehhh.. who cares?

**** the h*****. :notworthy:

:bye:

Sammy7nil
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I THINK WHEN YOU LOOK AT THIS YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT WHO HAS LEFT TOO.
Sorry for Caps just noticed.

Kingston
Stewart
Concalves

Okay they never played near the end but 3 very experienced player, Hibs have lost no one of that experience and Zemmama will be like a new signing when he returns. I think Hearts will do okay but I would like to hope with a bit organisation and the extra goals we will score Hibs should finish in 3rd or 4th and 3rd is defo not within the reach of the Yams. :greengrin

Diclonius
10-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Okay then. :wink:

Michael Hart v Craig Thomson
Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr
Liam Miller v Ryan Stevenson
David Wotherspoon v Andrew Driver

6-5. :greengrin

bawheid
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr

Still not getting all this Driver in bold nonsense. He's pish!

I'd have Wotherspoon ahead of Driver any day of the week.

The_Horde
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM

Graham Stack v Janos Balogh
Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr

7-4. IMO :wink:

Stack is probably our number one i'd say.

Jack
10-08-2010, 12:27 PM
i belive we had to pay a transfer fee to norwich for stephens :agree:

Aye, but its just one of these wee baby ones :wink: - they don’t really count as transfer fees. In fact I'd barely count anything under £250k a transfer fee these days more a token gesture, or a gesture of goodwill.

aberhibsfc
10-08-2010, 01:19 PM
As someone else has pointed out, Riordan v Elliot.

Riordan for some reason be it player or coaches preference is playing left mid, he may be playing therebut I wouldn't say this is where he should be playing. He is a striker.

Riordan may feel more comfortable playing there being able to drift infield and cut onto his right for shots. I think the team would be better served if we employed a proper left winger / midfield player with Riordan playing up front with Stokes or in the hole between front and midfield. He would still be able to attack the box left or right.

I appreciate Riordan will be making more than just goals contribution from the left, however I don't ever see him being the energetic player required for this type of role.

hibees59
10-08-2010, 01:36 PM

BH has finally been found out as an undercover yam.:devil:

jgl07
10-08-2010, 01:46 PM

The problem is if your first posting looks like it comes from straight from the Yam's book of talking points, it will inevitably raise suspicion.

jdships
10-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Big question for the Jambo's is , given their injury track record , how many games will Kyle & Elliot actually play/finish ?
Remember all the lobbying on this board for the signing of Russell Anderson - he lasted 45 minutes in his first match for derby !!.
Could be a similar scenario with these two

:bye:

Virginia Hibs
10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I just read the BBC article about Elliot signing for the Yams and it only became apparent that this is the same Elliot that was on loan at Norwich last season.

He was absolute rank rotten and pish at the same time, rolled into one useless streak of pishness that only got a game off the bench if things were absolute desperate. Not good enough for League One but good enough for the Yams eh! They can have him as I don't even think the nuisance factor will bother most teams in the SPL.

ronaldo7
10-08-2010, 04:25 PM

He normally does... at corners, free kicks, and usually has a Hibs strip in two hands:wink:

Hamish
10-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Elliott and Kyle will be a handful for any defence up here and I would guess that JJ is spending 98% of his training on set pieces.

The lad Toto was a decent player in Africa but played there as a centre back and was told to hold the line when defending:cool2:

delbert
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
For all that we slag off (usually quite rightly) FJK, he appears to have an interesting transfer system. Hearts main problem last year was a lack of goals, so amazingly up to now he has signed up 3 forwards, radical stuff. Switch to Easter Road where our main problem is that we ship goals through the centre of our defence like nobodys business - answer a right back signed one year late and a 19 year old from Norwich who looks like he could develop into a player, but as yet untried under pressure. Sorry but until our manager opens his eyes and gets in an out and out CH and a half decent 'sweeper' behind him to replace what passes for a captain at Easter Road these days, we are going to concede shedloads again, Yogi for Gods sake stop being so bloody minded and get the real problems addressed.

jgl07
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Elliott and Kyle will be a handful for any defence up here and I would guess that JJ is spending 98% of his training on set pieces.

As can be seem by their goal scoring record. Kyle has 40 goals over ten seasons. Elliot 35 over seven season. Most have come in the lower Divisions of the English League.

4 to 5 goal a season strikers will certainly strike terror into most SPL defences. They are more prolific than Nade.

Besides how dangerous can anyone be from the treatment table?

Real bargains on £5,000 a week each.

Barney McGrew
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Besides how dangerous can anyone be from the treatment table?

Real bargains on £5,000 a week each.

:hilarious

Most teams have there three star front men fighting it out to get a place in the starting XI each week, while Hertz have them fighting to be on the treatment table nearest the window so they can have a nice view while spending their day in it.

Kojock
10-08-2010, 05:22 PM
How would you ken.....I think you're a yam as well.

:stirrer:

:greengrin

Aye only a Yam would cheat a five year old at a game of boxes. :blushie:

Barney McGrew
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Aye only a Yam would cheat a five year old at a game of boxes. :blushie:

:faf:

All the way to Blackpool to do a wordsearch :greengrin

Kojock
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
:faf:

All the way to Blackpool to do a wordsearch :greengrin

One that five adults couldnt complete. :confused:

son of haggart
10-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Ian Murray v Lee Wallace
Chris Hogg v Darren Barr

I think it's marginal between Bamba and Zaliukas - Apart from the odd dizzy moment Zal is a quality centre half - I think Bamba is good but he is neither a centre half nor a defensive mid - the games I have seen him play, admittedly few, he's been better at defensive mid. I'd prefer Zal at centre half.

Craig Thomson has been outstanding at times - he delivers a fantastic free kick or cross with his reight peg/, so attacking I would say he is better than hart, though Hart is a proven solid defender

From what little we have seen of Stevenson he seems to be imprving very rapidly whereas in the second half of lasy season Miller looked very ineffectual - but I would agree in terms of career credentials, Miller better

I think we will see some pretty even derbies this year and also Hearts Hibs and Dundee U in a three way tussle for 3rd place

Hibernia Na Eir
11-08-2010, 07:56 AM
lets see if their singings WORK.

Past recent history shows that lots of their singing have been pish poor and with Kyle they hae a player seriously prone to injury. And i reckon Elliot may be the same.

Still, fatso JJ always seems to want to take tht risk. As long as they get the "big men" in then fatso JJ is happy. Wonder where fatso JJ gets off on having a team of giants?

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2010, 08:10 AM
lets see if their singings WORK.

Past recent history shows that lots of their singing have been pish poor and with Kyle they hae a player seriously prone to injury. And i reckon Elliot may be the same.

Still, fatso JJ always seems to want to take tht risk. As long as they get the "big men" in then fatso JJ is happy. Wonder where fatso JJ gets off on having a team of giants?

One of Jeffries strengths is that he sets up a big, strong highly limited but physical side, for a big, strong, highly limited physical league. His mantra was always, 'forget the Old Firm, concentrate on dominating the rest.' He wants 3/4 turgid wins over the likes of ICT, St.Mirren, St.Johnstone etc, and he's set up his teams to physically compete. Anything against the OF is a bonus. Hibs fans wouldn't accept that: we want our teams to try and pass the Huns and Celtic off the park, winning dramatically or going down gloriously.

So for that reason I think Hearts will be a second-level force, along with Dundee United, and hopefully, ourselves. This is a big season for Yogi, and he's tried to address some of the problems, but I still don't think he's gone far enough. There are still too many small, ineffectual players littering up the fringes of the squad, we still need a strong, established centre-back pairing, and we lack width and pace, and a hard, dominant midfielder. We've sorted out the RB slot, just a shame that Murray's legs have gone and we now have the same problem at LB. I hope we don't go down the same route of miscasting players.

Stephens, Hanlon, (not at LB) and Galbraith have to be given game time this year. If we can't sign an LB, i'd put Booth in to see if he can handle it.

Craig_in_Prague
11-08-2010, 08:17 AM
One of Jeffries strengths is that he sets up a big, strong highly limited but physical side, for a big, strong, highly limited physical league. His mantra was always, 'forget the Old Firm, concentrate on dominating the rest.' He wants 3/4 turgid wins over the likes of ICT, St.Mirren, St.Johnstone etc, and he's set up his teams to physically compete. Anything against the OF is a bonus. Hibs fans wouldn't accept that: we want our teams to try and pass the Huns and Celtic off the park, winning dramatically or going down gloriously.

So for that reason I think Hearts will be a second-level force, along with Dundee United, and hopefully, ourselves. This is a big season for Yogi, and he's tried to address some of the problems, but I still don't think he's gone far enough. There are still too many small, ineffectual players littering up the fringes of the squad, we still need a strong, established centre-back pairing, and we lack width and pace, and a hard, dominant midfielder. We've sorted out the RB slot, just a shame that Murray's legs have gone and we now have the same problem at LB. I hope we don't go down the same route of miscasting players.

Stephens, Hanlon, (not at LB) and Galbraith have to be given game time this year. If we can't sign an LB, i'd put Booth in to see if he can handle it.

:agree:

I keep reading how Hibs give youth a chance.
But do we really?
Not as much as I read anyway.

We lack width and pace seems to be what everyone is saying, yet Galbraith can hardly get a game. How many starts???

Booth might be very young, but if you're good enough you're old enough, we are still scared in Scotland to get some younger lads out there - Even hearts blooded more younger players last season.