PDA

View Full Version : Saints Drop Brown Interest

Speedway
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
They've just signed Peter Enkelman instead (not a bad signing for the size of club especially)

They already have Graham Smith at the club and are not looking to build a goalkeeper school of excellence.

Meanwhile, Hibs won't sign anyone else until a first teamer leaves according to Yogi.

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Good signin for the Saints, Enkelmen IIRC played for Aston Vanilla.

As far as our Brown goes im delighted he never joined them, He'd be my number 1 for the new season.

blairwallace
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Good signin for the Saints, Enkelmen IIRC played for Aston Vanilla.

As far as our Brown goes im delighted he never joined them, He'd be my number 1 for the new season.

ill second that one :thumbsup:

ancienthibby
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
ill second that one :thumbsup:

So along with Nish who do we offer for Murray Davidson!!:devil:

Dunbar Hibee
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Qsj***uD8&feature=related

Some of this when we play the Saints would be nice:devil:

Big Frank
09-08-2010, 05:11 PM
They've just signed Peter Enkelman instead (not a bad signing for the size of club especially)

They already have Graham Smith at the club and are not looking to build a goalkeeper school of excellence.

Meanwhile, Hibs won't sign anyone else until a first teamer leaves according to Yogi.

Hopefully our management team is actively trying to move on those with limited ability. There are comfortably 3 or 4 from the top of my head, rather than any of our stars.

sesoim
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Hopefully our management team is actively trying to move on those with limited ability. There are comfortably 3 or 4 from the top of my head, rather than any of our stars.

Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Bamba (to cash in before his contract runs out) and one of our three keepers would free up enough for a couple of players, but we really need two defenders and a decent target man. To be honest I think we would have to sell Stokes to afford all three, and if Stokes doesn't want to extend his contract we would be as well cashing in for him now - we'd get around £2M now, but only a £1M in a years time.

I do think Hughes is now starting to get the Collins/Mixu treatment - ie no more money available - accept it or leave.