PDA

View Full Version : The OLD East Stand, recycled

Keith_M
09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
All Hail the Tache! He's some guy. Not only does he manage to give us a new East Stand, bought at a bargain price, but he seems to have sold the old East Stand to Blackpool!

:greengrin

FGS, they haven't even changed the name of it either.

:faf:

blairwallace
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
their stand is literally a shed, a metal one at that. a joke to call their stadium "premier league ready"

http://i112.piczo.com/view/3/w/w/b/0/r/c/x/z/s/7/l/img/i262869471_81723_2.jpg

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
their stand is literally a shed, a metal one at that. a joke to call their stadium "premier league ready"

Strange them building a replica of the old east, replete with pillars, and one which doesn't match the other stands. Why did they finish the stdium in he same design, instead of making it a dog's breakfast?

I'm assuming cost or space issues?

iwasthere1972
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
All Hail the Tache! He's some guy. Not only does he manage to give us a new East Stand, bought at a bargain price, but he seems to have sold the old East Stand to Blackpool!

:greengrin

FGS, they haven't even changed the name of it either.

:faf:

Not only that but he put in a sell on clause for when they sell it on to Accrington Stanley when they reach the EPL.

In Rod we trust. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Strange them building a replica of the old east, replete with pillars, and one which doesn't match the other stands. Why did they finish the stdium in he same design, instead of making it a dog's breakfast?

I'm assuming cost or space issues?

It's a temporary permanent stand (that makes more sense that you'd think!) so they're basically doing it on the cheap for a season before they get relegated again.

Typically, they're allocating that stand to away fans this season so they will be getting a duff view for their 30-odd quid!

Holmesdale Hibs
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Even 'premier league standard' is a joke. What happened to all the sky money?

--------
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Even 'premier league standard' is a joke. What happened to all the sky money?

They're talking about bringing in at least 5 players this week. Their story is that they were gubbing us with their first eleven, but lost their shape and the place in the second half.

We, of course, made no substitutions in the second half, and played our first team throughout. :rolleyes:

Blackpool aren't serious IMO about the EPL season coming up. They'll play their games, pocket the TV dosh, and slip quietly back down and get back to life in the Championship...