PDA

View Full Version : So nish was injured

calumb
09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
So no tatical change in mindset from hughes then, just that the he could not play his preferred 3 men up front.
Oh well we can look forward to him getting fit so we can get back to watching 3 men being over run in midfield with the tremendous results that brings.

CMac1988
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Seems so...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100808/pre-season-round-up_2262950_2115578

There's no sure fire way to tell if this injury affected his tactics but surely now that he's seen a better and more stable performance from this 4-4-2 he has to in some manner refrain from using all 3 strikers at once.

I have no problem with deek scoring from the wing, but him being positioned there in a 4-3-3, or 4-5-1 affects the overall balance of the team. Nice to see deeks getting a bit of pace back this pre-season though, but would still rather see someone else on the wing.

LancashireHibby
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Thought we looked far more comfortable without Nish - lumping the ball up to him has just been an easy (and largely unsuccessful) option. Why change a winnnig team?

--------
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Thought we looked far more comfortable without Nish - lumping the ball up to him has just been an easy (and largely unsuccessful) option. Why change a winnnig team?

Hmmm. Because Yogi's fixated on playing with three strikers? :rolleyes:

I'd keep one senior striker on the bench, play 4-4-2, and make controlling the middle of the park a main priority. if wee do that, Deek and Stokes will score goals, and if we need to change the pattern a wee bit, Nish gives us that option.

Simples. :rolleyes:

CMac1988
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmmm. Because Yogi's fixated on playing with three strikers? :rolleyes:

I'd keep one senior striker on the bench, play 4-4-2, and make controlling the middle of the park a main priority. if wee do that, Deek and Stokes will score goals, and if we need to change the pattern a wee bit, Nish gives us that option.

Simples. :rolleyes:

:agree:

Simples?! Tell that to Hughes... :wink: