PDA

View Full Version : sol

since90plustwo
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
rock at the back AGAIN for us yesterday, but do you think the waying was a thankyou for support today or a thankyou and goodbye?

Dave P
09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
A thanks for the support.

Did he not blow you a kiss?

Broken Gnome
09-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Did he not allegedly say goodbye at least 37 times out of 38 games last season??

bighairyfaeleith
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Did he not allegedly say goodbye at least 37 times out of 38 games last season??

i thought he played 339 games last season:confused:

Big Frank
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Bamba is vital to Hibernian. We lose him and we are donald ducked.

Speedway
09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Bamba is vital to Hibernian. We lose him and we are donald ducked.

Not if we sign John Terry though.

HFC 0-7
09-08-2010, 12:35 PM

All the players wifes will be donald ducked though!

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Ad rather have Vermaelan.

Big Frank
09-08-2010, 12:43 PM
All the players wifes will be donald ducked though!

:devil:

Toaods
09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I think it was a combination of relief at his own performance and the support given by almost all of us(except a few heeders - including one near me who gave him verbal after he had just made what I thought was a good lunge to prevent a ball accross our goalmouth.

HFC 0-7
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I think it was a combination of relief at his own performance and the support given by almost all of us(except a few heeders - including one near me who gave him verbal after he had just made what I thought was a good lunge to prevent a ball accross our goalmouth.

Big Sol has had people that didnt rate him since he came to hibs. I must admit I was a bit sceptical about him coming as I always thought he was a bit of liability. He is however IMO a very good defender, yes still does the odd silly thing but the good things he does far out weighs the bad. He does go to ground a lot in tackles but he makes them most of the time, he is comanding and for a defender is pretty confident on the ball. He reminds me of Bobo Balde at celtic as he always seemed to go to ground a lot but always seemed to time it well. A big comanding guy prone to the odd strange decision.

The only thing I would want Sol to change is his moaning. When something does go wrong, even when its no ones fault, he moans at people.

--------
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Big Sol has had people that didnt rate him since he came to hibs. I must admit I was a bit sceptical about him coming as I always thought he was a bit of liability. He is however IMO a very good defender, yes still does the odd silly thing but the good things he does far out weighs the bad. He does go to ground a lot in tackles but he makes them most of the time, he is comanding and for a defender is pretty confident on the ball. He reminds me of Bobo Balde at celtic as he always seemed to go to ground a lot but always seemed to time it well. A big comanding guy prone to the odd strange decision.

The only thing I would want Sol to change is his moaning. When something does go wrong, even when its no ones fault, he moans at people.

I think we need someone to moan at folk. At least it shows he's awake and taking notice.

Really, moaning at folks is part of the captain's job - or at least, it used to be.... :wink:

HFC 0-7
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I think we need someone to moan at folk. At least it shows he's awake and taking notice.

Really, moaning at folks is part of the captain's job - or at least, it used to be.... :wink:

There is no point in moaning at people if its no ones fault, or moaning at people when its your own fault. Sol seems so moan regardless. what we need from a captain is some organisation. A good captain will help the young players on the pitch find their position at set pieces etc, our current captain cant help anyone else because he needs help himself!

McKenzie
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Hope he stays, best defender at hibs by far

Hibby D
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
There is no point in moaning at people if its no ones fault, or moaning at people when its your own fault. Sol seems so moan regardless. what we need from a captain is some organisation. A good captain will help the young players on the pitch find their position at set pieces etc, our current captain cant help anyone else because he needs help himself!

And that's exactly what he did yesterday. Dunno how many times I witnessed him turning round to keep an eye on Hanlon, organising the back line and generally being very aware of what was going on.

He'd make a fine Captain :agree:

cockneymike
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
And that's exactly what he did yesterday. Dunno how many times I witnessed him turning round to keep an eye on Hanlon, organising the back line and generally being very aware of what was going on.

Except for the fact that he blatantly let down his teammates by not coming back for the start of preseson on time! A more selfish act you couldn't possibly hope to do, considerign the first two games of the season were so important. :grr:

Agree he should be first name on the team sheet, but he'd NEVER be a fine captain!

Big Frank
09-08-2010, 05:37 PM

:top marks

TrinityHibs
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Hope he stays, best defender at hibs by far

I agree. It would have been handy if our best defender could have bothered his er*e in advance of the away leg against Maribor.:grr:

since90plustwo
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM

yes he would make a good captain on the pitch, but off the pitch he can be a bit of a loose cannon. Although hogg is probbly the worst on pitch captain, he is an example to follow off it. but i think murray should come before hogg and bamba.

since90plustwo
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Riordan? he can moan for scotland

blairwallace
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM

£125,000 p/w (?) i think we would be "donald ducked" :wink: