PDA

View Full Version : What players do we need.

MJN1875
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
So with the season about to start what positions would you like to see us bring in another player for. I personally feel we need another striker. Obviously depending on if big Sol goes another defender. I think we are really missing a big solid player at the back. I would like to see Brown get a run in goals too.

basehibby
08-08-2010, 11:27 PM
So with the season about to start what positions would you like to see us bring in another player for. I personally feel we need another striker. Obviously depending on if big Sol goes another defender. I think we are really missing a big solid player at the back. I would like to see Brown get a run in goals too.

I think we're still a bit short in the defensive midfield berth - McBride seeming to be the only player we've got who naturally fills that position - I think it would be worth splashing a bit of dough to get an experienced performer in for this role who could provide leadership and dictate play (oh alright I admit it - I just want Sauzee back out of retirement).

Centre Half could also do with strengthening although probably on a one out one in basis as we have a few who can play there but lack leadership in this area.

With Benji away and Byrne out on loan another decent forward would not go amiss.

pacorosssco
08-08-2010, 11:40 PM
hibs need a centre half x 2
a left back
ian murray can play mcbride role to much better effect

another forward

broonie27
09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
hibs need a centre half x 2
a left back
ian murray can play mcbride role to much better effect

another forward

:top marks

jgl07
09-08-2010, 12:33 AM
A wide midfield player with some pace is the obvious requirement for the squad.

GhostofBolivar
09-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Defensive midfielder
Right sided wide midfielder with pace and crossing ability
Striker

DCI Gene Hunt
09-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Don't think we need strikers, what we need is a couple of solid no-nonsense midfield defenders. Currently the defense and midfield is a wet paper bag :bitchy:

Sandy
09-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Defensive midfielder
Striker

That will be Spoony then :agree:

sean
09-08-2010, 07:11 AM
surely we need 2 strikers?

with nish potentially away this week, we will need 2.

with his striking options already thin on the ground, nish going leaves a hole, if stokes gets injured we would be left without a frontman with little or no expeirence.

heretoday
09-08-2010, 07:32 AM
We need a lot of players. Wide men, full-backs, a centre half and a striker would do.

Hibby 2005
09-08-2010, 08:17 AM
2 commanding CH's are a priority. Bamba will be away and Hogg is unreliable.

Steve20
09-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Left back, centre half, ball winning midfielder and a striker. Two strikers if Deeks leaves before the end of the window.

jonny
09-08-2010, 08:30 AM
IMO the priority list is as follows
Left back
Centre half
Striker
Winger

Hibbyradge
09-08-2010, 08:33 AM
We won't be brining many more players in, so I'd prioritise a left back.

Murray won't last the season, imo. We'll be lucky if he gets to Christmas without becoming too much of a liability.

southern hibby
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Gents,
would love to see a really good CENTRE HALF. If this means braking the budget for one player then so be it. I mean a Terry Butcher/Colin Hendry type leader. Or if not a leader type at least a ball winner in the air from Corners/crosses.
We have goals in our team if we can get the ball to our forwards. Let Galbraith get a run in the team, lets see if he can supply our forwards.
Oh yes and while we are talking about improving the team lets get some of our better players signed up on new contracts before they walk.

We have the stadium in place, the training facilities, lets now get a team that can (at least) give us some hope for the future.
No point having a great stadium if no one is coming to it.

Petrie, just remember we pay to watch the team not look at the stadium.

GGTTH

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-08-2010, 08:48 AM
We won't be brining many more players in, so I'd prioritise a left back.

Murray won't last the season, imo. We'll be lucky if he gets to Christmas without becoming too much of a liability.

if we're not bringing any new players in then how can we prioritise a left back? i would like to see a ball winning defender and the same type of midfielder. Happy with just two signings as the youngsters can get their chance in other positions.

Expecting Rain
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM
We will always be looking for players if we want to improve, at the moment centre-back is the biggest concern, a strong centre forward would also be a nice option to have as well as being a threat in the air, neither are not easy to find.

Hibbyradge
09-08-2010, 09:03 AM
if we're not bringing any new players in then how can we prioritise a left back? i would like to see a ball winning defender and the same type of midfielder. Happy with just two signings as the youngsters can get their chance in other positions.

I think you mis-read my post. I said we won't be bringing "many" more players in.

So, we should prioritise a left back.

Then, a centre back.

Then a winger to take advantage of the huge pitch.

Speedway
09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
surely we need 2 strikers?

with nish potentially away this week, we will need 2.

with his striking options already thin on the ground, nish going leaves a hole, if stokes gets injured we would be left without a frontman with little or no expeirence.

Do you know something Sean?

Speedway
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I think you mis-read my post. I said we won't be bringing "many" more players in.

So, we should prioritise a left back.

Then, a centre back.

Then a winger to take advantage of the huge pitch.

Except it's priority three that is Yogi's current priority one.

--------
09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Defensive midfielder
Striker

:agree: Central defender would be nice as well.

We could do with another couple of goalies, too. You can never have too many goalies to abuse.... :rolleyes: