PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rangers are about to have a bad week.

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Alright guys, i can safely say Rangers fans will be up in arms as one of there "star" players is going to be sold this week. It's nearly a done deal with an EPL club. They are losing players because they are super skint. Watch this space :greengrin Also another player is expacted to leave before the season starts. They could well struggle i think this year.

CB_NO3
08-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Who is the player. Boogy or Davis?

HibbyAndy
08-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Please be Bougherra :pray:

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Lets say he scored yesterday!

HibbyAndy
08-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Kenny nae goals???

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Please be Davis :pray:

Westie1875
08-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Miller? :greengrin

Who does that leave them with upfront?

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Kenny nae goals???

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Which leaves Laughable and Fleck upfront :hilarious

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Correct, that's why I think they will struggle!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Now is the time for him to justify his price tag........

:faf:

PaulSmith
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Correct, that's why I think they will struggle!

Aye, struggle right enough with a team full of internationalists, a bid of c£3m on the table for a player and some of the better youngsters in the country coming through.

We and others may close the gap but still a long way to go before we can compete

hibeemikey21
08-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I would have expected it to be Davis. Read an article last week with him saying how much he misses playing in the EPL. That smacks of a man touting himself for/in the process of a move down south

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I would have expected it to be Davis. Read an article last week with him saying how much he misses playing in the EPL. That smacks of a man touting himself for/in the process of a move down south

He could well be another although I haven't heard anything about him. But Rangers are in a real mess and will sell most players who have only a year left on their contracts.

HibbyAndy
08-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Aye, struggle right enough with a team full of internationalists, a bid of c£3m on the table for a player and some of the better youngsters in the country coming through.
We and others may close the gap but still a long way to go before we can compete

Who are they :dunno:

And who is the player with a £3M offer on the table :dunno:

Pretty Boy
08-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Poor wee Kenny.

After having to spend 3/4s of a season at the worst Premiership team ever to engineer a move back to the huns from Celtc, they are quite happy to flog him at the first opportunity.

bighairyfaeleith
08-08-2010, 07:39 PM
We just need offers for bougherra and mcgregor and we're sorted:greengrin

Billy Whizz
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Poor wee Kenny.

After having to spend 3/4s of a season at the worst Premiership team ever to engineer a move back to the huns from Celtc, they are quite happy to flog him at the first opportunity.
Is it Newcastle he is off too?

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:43 PM

Nah mate not them.

Wembley67
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Nah mate not them.

Who is it then?

booshsutton
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Fella I work with was giving it large when "Boydy" left because "Laff will be the new number 9 and score a barrel load of goals this season"

I bet him £20 that Riordan would score more than him....for some reason he wouldn't take me up on it :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Nah mate not them.

Do you think Rod negotiated a sell on clause on all Miller's transfers!

db03
08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Come on Freddie, tell us who ur mate is gonna sign for??

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Who is it then?

I can't say mate but they are New to the league, not Blackpool though. :wink:

MJN1875
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM

I heard this one last week mate, so its obviously possible to happen. That would leave Scafferty and Fleck who is injured. I doubt they wouldnt bring in another striker if he left.

MJN1875
08-08-2010, 07:54 PM

I know they arent in the PL but its probably Boro.

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Haha barker you will get me hung :) I'll text u who it is.

db03
08-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Haha barker you will get me hung :) I'll text u who it is.
Hurry up then so I can share with the rest of .net hahaha

Kevvy1875
08-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Heard that rumour too a couple of weeks back.

Hibby Bairn
08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Well if it isn't Newcastle or Blackpool then it must be WBA!

cabbageandribs1875

Poor wee Kenny.

i imagine he's anything BUT poor(in a financial sense :greengrin), all those transfers he's had over the years will have netted him a fortune :agree: and the huge earnings

Billy Whizz

As a process of elimination that only leaves West Brom.

db03
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Well if it isn't Newcastle or Blackpool then it must be WBA!
:wink: :top marks

James.
08-08-2010, 08:00 PM

West Brom were are after another Striker, I know they were interested in taking James Beattie on loan from Stoke so perhaps it's them after Miller. A few Scottish international players already there in Dorrans and Morrison too.

hibsboy90
08-08-2010, 08:00 PM
So it's west brom then!

Thecat23
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
So it's west brom then!

:agree:

Ritchie
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Everton are sniffing about Davies too :pray:

PISTOL1875
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Everton are sniffing about Davies too :pray:

Dont thin that will happen now as Arteta has signed a new 5 year deal..

HibbyAndy
08-08-2010, 08:55 PM
If the Huns lose Bougherra Davis and Miller then thats them finito.

Smelly barstewards anyway, They can **** right off.

down-the-slope
08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
well that would explain rumor that Gers have been trying hard to get Goodwillie from DUFC :rolleyes:

DH1875
08-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I must be missing somethin cause no way they going to go with Lafferty and Fleck. Even if Miller goes they still got Naismith and Velicka.

Big_D
09-08-2010, 05:11 AM
well that would explain rumor that Gers have been trying hard to get Goodwillie from DUFC :rolleyes:

Offered Webster as a swap apparently

MrHibs1982
09-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Offered Webster as a swap apparently

If they are looking to swap Webster for a top class striker then Rod should be offering Nish for Webster......and some cash for us too obviously ;)

KenN
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
I attended the match on Saturday against Newcastle as I was given the chance of hospitality. and never one to turn down free food and drink I went along !
What I found interesting was that all the 'hosts' or people brought in to speak (Sandy Jardine, Colin Jackson, Kyle Flafferty and even Walter Smith) all commented on the lack of resource and having a small squad. They did the spin on it that it meant that there was more of a team feeling blah, blah, blah, but it was very interesting that this seemed to be the main talking point. Walter Smith said that they hope to have 2 or 3 quality signings before the first game, rather than bringing in 6+ decent players. There was also a rumour going around that Spurs were showing an interest in McGregor. They all sounded, im my opinion, a bit dejected with their situation. I wonder why I was the only one with a smile on my face on the room and clenching my fist under that table shouting "ya beauty" !!!!

On the down side. If I make a comparison with what I saw on Thursday against Maribor, where we were in a competetive match, it makes Thursday's performance even more scary. Whilst I believe Newcastle could have moved up a gear or maybe two, I thought Rankgers played some nice football. I am no expert on football and I am sure there are many more people on here who may be better qualified to express their opinion, but based on what I saw, they seemed far more capable of: passing the ball, passing to their own players, controlling the ball, knowing what they were doing, knowing where they were meant to be, using throw ins to their advantage and not as a way of losing posession, stronger, fitter, noticiable faster, heading the ball to their own players.
When it comes to Hibs I have to admit that I am a quite a 'glass half empty' kind of person, but only because they have caused a lot of disappointment over the 40+ years I have supported them, as well as a lot of happiness of course. Before anyone questions my loyalties, I have been a supporter for many years, have been a season ticket holder for many years, and I think my avatar says a lot too. My older son is has a season ticket with me and he has supported Hibs since he was 5, just like me, and the twins will attend their first match when they are 5 !!!
I am only expressing my personal opinion and I find that what I saw on Thursday against what I saw on Saturday, there seems to be a huge gulf of a difference. I don't have the answers, I'm not saying who I think is at fault, but basic fitness and passing abilities were the main two things which stood out.

Sorry to rant and whilst I don't want to be negative, I have to admit I have a lot of concerns for the coming season. BUT, having said all this, I'll certainly be putting a small bet on Hibs beating Rankgers at Easter Road because as you know, they always prove you wrong when you least expect it !!!

I'm concerned, but I will still be there at every home game !!! GGTTH !!!!

Groathillgrump
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I must be missing somethin cause no way they going to go with Lafferty and Fleck. Even if Miller goes they still got Naismith and Velicka.

Rangers are supposed to be close to signing the Rapid Vienna striker, Nikica Jelavic for a fee of £3m+ so I'd imagine he'd become first choice striker. With the financial mess they're in I'm sure they'll have been told to sell to recoup the transfer fee.

StevieC
09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I attended the match on Saturday against Newcastle

I was there as well. For me the first 20 minutes were dominated by Newcastle and (with more direct play up front) Rangers could have easily been 2-0 down. Newcastle though seemed more interested in getting as many players on the ball in the first half, which would make sense with a game v Man Utd on the horizon. They played the ball from left to right (mostly through Barton) and back again without really pressing the advantage. Rangers barely touched the ball in this spell of the game. Infact I'd go so far as to say that first half they had one decent attack, one good cross and one goal, Harper never had a save to make other than that.

Second half was a different matter and with Newcastle making changes Rangers were allowed to dwell on the ball a bit longer, and I'd agree that their passing was much better. The forwards were very mobile and a lot of falling deep and cross over runs did result in more penetrating play.

If you are comparing to recent Hibs performances though, Rangers showed enough to suggest they'll be better than most of the rest this season.

New Corrie
09-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I thought Rangers were meant to be signing the "former Hearts target" Eider Gudjohnsen:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I know something that you dinnae know, but, cannae tell you what is! whats the point of posting then?

Thecat23
09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I know something that you dinnae know, but, cannae tell you what is! whats the point of posting then?

I take it this is for me? if you read through the post i gave away who it is.

Gingertosser
09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
wouldn't he fail a medical with the shin splints :confused:

Jones28
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I dont think Rangers will do as badly as anyone thinks.

Walter Smith is IMHO the best manager in Scottish football but even the best manager cant work wonders from a small squad with a massive loss in quality (no Thomson, "Boyday" and what looks like Miller too) but they have, and always have had, a winning mentality. They will do better than Celtic expect them to do.

Kaiser1962
09-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Agree with this. Smith will be forced to use some of the youth/back up players and we will find that they are pretty decent players. Der Hun Supporter prefers the big name signings and will not like this but Smith will make it work.

I dont think Rangers will do as badly as anyone thinks.

Walter Smith is IMHO the best manager in Scottish football but even the best manager cant work wonders from a small squad with a massive loss in quality (no Thomson, "Boyday" and what looks like Miller too) but they have, and always have had, a winning mentality. They will do better than Celtic expect them to do.

jacques_b
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
we will still get royally pumped in a couple of weeks, though...

and in front of our shiny new stand.

HibbyAndy
09-08-2010, 12:14 PM

Just like when we royally pumped them 3-0 TWICE At Ipox.

Judas Iscariot
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Sniff sniff

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2010, 05:20 PM
:hmmm:

Hibee02
26-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Miller has been offered an new contract at rangers

jane_says
26-08-2010, 09:46 PM

beattie and jelavic? if he signs after knocking av out the night also got the boy that came on on sunday weiss

DH1875
26-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Miller has been offered an new contract at rangers

He been asked to take a pay cut though. He not happy and to be honest you can see why. They pleading poverty yet have signed Bettie and the Croation guy.

Ed De Gramo
26-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Sadly not....

Weiss, Jelanokovic as well.....Weiss looks a good prospect like

Ed De Gramo
26-08-2010, 09:53 PM

away and throw *****e at yourself :bye::bye::bye::bye:

Thecat23
26-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Spoke to him tonight, Rangers now have matched last seasons wage, but he still wants a move! West Brom still looking the likely place.

Edinburgh Green
26-08-2010, 11:05 PM

Spoke to him tonight, Rangers now have matched last seasons wage, but he still wants a move! West Brom still looking the likely place.

Think I know who the cat is. :wink:
Got told the same story over a couple of skitle bombs the other week in le monde. :wink:

Also heard that he wants to finish his career at Hibs :shocked: