PDA

View Full Version : Question Who do we have out on loan just now and where are they??

Ritchie
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to keep an eye on them to see how they are getting on.

Jack
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Kevin McCann * Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Scott Taggart * Ayr United FC

Kurtis Byrne * East Fife FC

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Kevin McCann * Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Scott Taggart * Ayr United FC

Kurtis Byrne * East Fife FC

Ewen Moyes is at Brechin I think

CapitalHibs
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Callum Booth?

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Callum Booth?
He's at Brechin as well.

Didn't realise Scott Taggart was at Ayr FC. Where/when was that announced?

sundo1875
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
He's at Brechin as well.

Didn't realise Scott Taggart was at Ayr FC. Where/when was that announced?
http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/player_detail.asp?int_player_id=225 its his player profile

Golden Bear
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
So I can only assume that there will be no Reserve League this season? I thought there were moves afoot to try and resurrect it even although the gruesome twosome would not be involved.

No wonder it's getting harder and harder for young players to break into the team when they've got to be farmed out elsewhere to gain competitive experience.

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/player_detail.asp?int_player_id=225 its his player profile
Thanks. :aok:

They've got his DoB wrong; he's older than 16. :greengrin Born in Dec 1991, I believe. Good to know he's there, though. Will follow his progress.

I do wish the Hibs official site was more diligent in reporting these loan moves. AFAIK they did not report the Byrne loan deal either. :confused:

DH1875
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Callum Booth?

Still can't my head round that. Booth should be pushing for a start with us no farting about Glebe park.

DH1875
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I was in the lower West near the Dunbar end on Thursday and I was surrounded by people talking about how brilliant Booth is. Must add that the other thing my new best pal Eddie said to me the other day was that he couldn't understand why McCann has been farmed out to Caley.I've never heard of or seen Booth before by the way

Booth looks the part and could be on the road to even bigger and better thinks than us. Only time will tell. Think McCann is out of contract at the end of this season so if he has a good first half of the season someone might try and pick him up for free. To be fair when he is fit and on his game he's not the worst RB.

BEEJ
08-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Booth looks the part and could be on the road to even bigger and better thinks than us. Only time will tell. Think McCann is out of contract at the end of this season so if he has a good first half of the season someone might try and pick him up for free. To be fair when he is fit and on his game he's not the worst RB.
Just checked the ICT website and McCann has played the full 90 minutes in their three friendlies in the last 8 days! Suggests he's fit now and that Butcher must rate him.

Meanwhile, Moyes and Byrne played the full 90 mins yesterday for their respective clubs in the league openers. Taggart (injured) and Booth did not seem to feature in their team line-ups.

The Silver Fox
08-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Calum Booth was a very young player in the successul 19s team season before last. He played left back and he seriously impressed me, he has real potential to be a top player.

Green Mikey
08-08-2010, 09:30 AM

The loan move for McCann is a good idea. He's been out for a long time with injury and needs to play to get back to fitness and form. This would be unlikely at Hibs now considering that Hart, Thicot and Wotherspoon are more likely to play right back than him.

mim
08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Just checked the ICT website and McCann has played the full 90 minutes in their three friendlies in the last 8 days! Suggests he's fit now and that Butcher must rate him.

Meanwhile, Moyes and Byrne played the full 90 mins yesterday for their respective clubs in the league openers. Taggart (injured) and Booth did not seem to feature in their team line-ups.

Byrne set up two of East Fife's goals and is reported to have played well in the 3-3 draw with Airdrie.

DH1875
08-08-2010, 11:49 AM
The loan move for McCann is a good idea. He's been out for a long time with injury and needs to play to get back to fitness and form. This would be unlikely at Hibs now considering that Hart, Thicot and Wotherspoon are more likely to play right back than him.

What about long term? I think a fully fit McCann would be in the team at RB before Thicot or Wotherspoon.

Green Mikey
08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
What about long term? I think a fully fit McCann would be in the team at RB before Thicot or Wotherspoon.

I think McCann is a solid player but a little slow and not that great going forward. Wotherspoon has a great season playing mostly at right back and I would have him ahead of McCann any time.

I think his next few months at ICT will show if he has recovered from his injuries and is capable of playing SPL football.