Stokes--Nish

Subs

Brown
Stephens
Hanlon
McBride
Currie
Stevenson
Gow (I think he'll sign by end of next week)

down-the-slope
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Team / formation

Brown

Hart ---Hogg ---Bamba ---Stevenson

-------------McBride

----DeGraff ----Miller---- Spoony

--------------------Riorden

---------------Stokes

Subs

Welch
Currie
Murray
Stack
Galbraith
Nish
Thicot

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
.......................Brown

Hart.........Hogg.........Stephens........Murray

.................Bamba......Miller................ .
Spoony.....................................Galbrai th

.............Stokes.....Riordan

DH1875
07-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Giving that Zemmama is out i'd go for this;

..............................Brown............... ...

Hart............Bamba...................Stephens.. ..........Hanlon.

.....................McBride..............Murray.. ............

Wotherspoon...............Riordan................. ...Galbraith.

................................Stokes............ ............

Subs;
Stack
Thicot
Hogg
Stevenson
Miller
De Graff
Nish

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Stack/Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Miller De Graaf Galbraith

Nish Riordan

Wotherspiniesta
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Stack

Hart Stephens Bamba Rankin

Wotherspoon De Graaf Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Bench: Brown Thicot Hanlon Currie McBride Taggart Nish

I actually think Rankin could do a good job at LB. He might not win a lot in the air, but he'd put himself about a bit and has the engine to get up and down that side. Miller isn't influential getting forward anymore so he could sit and allow De Graaf to do what he was doing on Thursday, trying to link up with the forwards. Wotherspoon and Galbraith will apply some much needed width and will actually attempt to run with the ball.

matty_f
07-08-2010, 12:59 PM
As it stands, this is my team for the start of the season

GK Stack or Brown
RB Hart
CH Stephens
CH Bamba
LB Murray (though I have to say I'm intrigued with the idea of Rankin at left back, I could see that working!)
RM De Graaf
CM Miller
CM McBride
LM Galbraith
CF Stokes
CF Riordan

Play with width, with De Graaf and Galbraith responsible for creating chances for the two best goalscorers in the SPL. McBride sitting back and Miller having the remit to get forward.

Full backs to push up as much as possible.

since90plustwo
07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Stack/Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Stokes Riordan

matty_f
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Stack/Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Stokes Riordan

Why have you got De Graaf there? He was right midfield at his last club. Just wondering.

Franck is God
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I have been saying for a long time that Rankin should play left back if he plays at all. However I think that Galbraith could do the job there in the same way that Wotherspoon did last year at right back, it is not his natural position but he is naturally left sided, has plenty pace and having been at Man Utd for a couple of years you know he's been coached well and is now burting to get a chance in the first team.

I'm surprised that a lot of people are not listing Bamba & DeGraaf in their sides, as far as I could see they were our best players on Thursday night and if fit and available should play.

BT58
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
does not matter what we fans think as regards team
think it will either be a 4-5-1,or a 4-3-3 formation
not my team but i reckon it will be
stack

hart
hogg
bamba
murray

miller
degraff
rankin

stokes
nish
riordan
personally, i would have brown in goals
then hart---------thicot------bamba----------hanlon

galbraith-----------------------------------wotherspoon
de graaf-----------------------miller
stokes----riordan
a bit attack minded, but at least the mothers are not from maribo:wink::wink::wink:
b

Westie1875
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Stack

Hart
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

DeGraaf
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

This is assuming we sign no new players before then, if Murray is suspended then Hanlon at LB.

Scooter
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Stack/Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Nish Riordan

stokes for nish and that would be my team

Penrith Hibee
07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
To all those picking Stephens, on what are you basing this on? He looked like Bambi on ice against the mighty Carlisle. Hanlon is a far better option and is vastly under rated on this board.

Iain G
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
IIRC is Murray not suspended for the first game or so? :confused:

Anyway...

Brown
Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray(?)
Wotherspoon Miller McBride
De Graaf
Stokes Riordan

Subs: Smith, Hogg, Stevenson, Nish, Thicot, Galbraith, Rankin (subs bench doesnt fill me with confidence about trying to change a game!!!)...

PISTOL1875
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
As the title states, who would you play on the first game of the season

mine is

Smith
Hart Stephens Bamba Currie
Spoony McBride Galbraith
De Graff
Stokes Riordan

Subs
Brown
Thicot
Hanlon
Hogg
Miller
Welsh
Taggart

............................smith................. .

hart............hogg...................Thicot..... .......Hanlon

...................De Graff.......McBride.......Miller...............

Wotherspoon....................................... .........riordan........

..............................stokes.............. ..........

aussie_hibee
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I know yogi won't play bamba in midfield but i would go 4-4-2. Right to left. Brown. Hart, thicot, hanlon, murray. De graaf, bamba, miller, galbraith. Stokes and Riordan. I'd have murray sitting a bit more instead of trying to bomb on and galbraith playing as an out and out winger. Stokes on the last man and deeks with a bit more licence to roam. Bench. Stack. Hogg and stephens as cover for centre half. Nish for up front. Wotherspoon can cover midfield and right back if needed. Quite a few versatile players that can cover all over the park between them. Edit, just read murray is suspended. Would play Hogg and ask hanlon to do a job just until murray was back.

matty_f
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
To all those picking Stephens, on what are you basing this on? He looked like Bambi on ice against the mighty Carlisle. Hanlon is a far better option and is vastly under rated on this board.

Went with Stephens so we'd have Bamba as the left centre-half, and Stephens on the right.

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
To those who would have Rank(in) at left back - Why?

Surely a full back needs to be able to tackle and in nearly 2 full season of watching him the closest he's came to a tackle is falling over!!

I know Murray lacks pace but if the team defend properly and not leave Murray isolated I think he'll have a good season..

Plus, he's the best if not only tackler in the team!!

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Went with Stephens so we'd have Bamba as the left centre-half, and Stephens on the right.

I like the look of Stephens, although to be fair i have not seen a lot of him. Mind you, i have seen enough of Hogg. :boo hoo:

eeyawe
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
wee change of formation for me but i doubt yogi would change it. 3 5 2 for me

brown

bamba
murray
stephens

hart
De Graff
mcbride
miller
hanlon

deeks
stokes

Hibeescott
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
.................................................S tack.............................................. ......

Hart........................Hogg.................. ...........Bamba.........................Hanlon

...............................................McB ride.............................................. .....

.............................De Graaf.........................Miller.............. ......................

Wotherspoon....................................... ...........................................Riordan

...............................................Sto kes............................................... .....

IMO our strongest team. Leaving out Murray was tough, but I his lack of pace cost him a place in my team. For me, zemmama would come back in instead of Wotherspoon when fit. Thought about Stephens, but can't put an 18yr old centre half straight into the starting 11 with no experience of the SPL.

Amit
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
My Team:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Stokes Riordan

:agree: (WIDTH..!!!!)

John Hughes Team:

Smith/Stack

Hart Hogg Bamba Murray

McBride Miller De Graaf

Stokes Nish Riordan

:grr: (NARROW...!!)

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
As it stands, this is my team for the start of the season

GK Stack or Brown
RB Hart
CH Stephens
CH Bamba
LB Murray (though I have to say I'm intrigued with the idea of Rankin at left back, I could see that working!)
RM De Graaf
CM Miller
CM McBride
LM Galbraith
CF Stokes
CF Riordan

Play with width, with De Graaf and Galbraith responsible for creating chances for the two best goalscorers in the SPL. McBride sitting back and Miller having the remit to get forward.

Full backs to push up as much as possible.

Said the same team on Thursday Matty. Think that's our strongest available lineup

jonny
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM

Cant agree. Im not a fan of Hanlon, I think he's poor in the air and as a centre half Id say a major pre-requisite is being able to head the ball well.
I dont think the lads a particularly bad footballer and reckon he still has potential but Id have Stephens before him at centre half every time.

Hibs90
07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
4 4 2

Stack/Smith/Brown there all average

Hart
Hogg
Bamba
Hanlon

De Graaf
Miller
McBride
Galbraith/Wotherspoon

Stokes
Riordan

sparkiehibs
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Why have you got De Graaf there? He was right midfield at his last club. Just wondering.

because De Graaf plays much better in Central Midfield

matty_f
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
because De Graaf plays much better in Central Midfield

Would one of his previous managers who played him at right midfield not have noticed that?

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Would one of his previous managers who played him at right midfield not have noticed that?

Possibly, but then they may have needed him at right midfield more than they needed him in the center. Just playing devils advocate as I really have no idea.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Murray is out of first three games through suspension

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Cant agree. Im not a fan of Hanlon, I think he's poor in the air and as a centre half Id say a major pre-requisite is being able to head the ball well.
I dont think the lads a particularly bad footballer and reckon he still has potential but Id have Stephens before him at centre half every time.

You do rate Hogg though as a centre half so therefore your opinion isn't valid..

thebakerboy
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't think this will be anything like what Yogi will pick but I do feel the players would be happier as they would be in their more comfortable positions (think Deeks would be better stepping inside as he was in 1st half on Thursday)( Hanlon has played LB before and is a defender)

Brown
Hart Thicot Bamba Hanlon
Mcbride Miller
De Graff Riordan
Stokes Galbraith
Subs well Murray is suspended so anyone else except Nish Rankin and Hogg
Think this side is more flexible as same players can go to 3 5 2 , 4 5 1 or more orthodox 4 4 2

Hamish
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I have a feeling there could be an addition to the squad this week, just a feeling, nothing concrete information wise

scoopyboy
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Murray is out of first three games through suspension

I've just been on SFA website, it is only the first two games.

since90plustwo
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM

he is creative but offers no width where wotherspoon hits the byline and gets crosses in, but im not manager but i would just give it a bash.

fife hfc
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I'd go with a 4-4-2

............................Stack................. ..............
Hart.........Stephens.........Bamba..........Hanlo n
Wotherspoon...de Graff...Miller..........galbraith
......................Stokes....Riordan........... .........

telfordhibby
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Heriot
Brownlie
Scheadler
Stanton [capt]
Black
Blackley
Edwards
O,rourke
Gordon
Cropley
Duncan
Sub...Hazel

Kyle A
07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
____________Stack_____________
______Hart_Bamba_Stephens/Hanlon
Wotherspoon De Graffe Miller Galbraith
____________Riordan___________
_________Stokes__ Nish_________

3-5-2
Midfield Triangle wi Riordan in a free role, Spoony and Galbraith as Wing backs, Nish up front wi Stokes until we find a striker who disnea fall on his erse every 2 seconds

Stephens or Hanlon

Hainan Hibs
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I'd go with a 4-4-2

That would be my team too, good width to the team and that would create chances for Stokes and Riordan to finish.

nickwhibs
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd go with a 4-4-2

That'd be my team too :agree:

FromTheCapital
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I'd start with :

.......................................... 31. Mark Brown ........................................

2. Michael Hart ...... 26. Sol Bamba ....... 5. David Stephens ..... 6. Ian Murray

........ 7. Zemmama/24. Spoony ......... 8. Edwin deGraaf ......... 33. Liam Miller

........18. Anthony Stokes ........... 10. Derek Riordan ....... 22. Danny Galbraith

Subs :

21. Graeme Smith
20. Paul Hanlon
4. Chris Hogg
17. Kevin McBride
7. Zemmama/24. Spoony
9. Colin Nish
11. John Rankin

As I've said on a thread I've made : I reckon we will win 2-1 in a closely fought battle. :top marks

1987green
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Stephens in before Hanlon your having a LAUGH He is a big unit yes but football ability nil. Galbraith his head is up his own rear instead of givin interviews to newpaper try doing it on the field. Currie nowhere near good enough. Welsh could be the next big thing to come through. As for Mr Hughes sometimes think hes a Yam in disguise tryin to destroy this club

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Stephens in before Hanlon your having a LAUGH He is a big unit yes but football ability nil. Galbraith his head is up his own rear instead of givin interviews to newpaper try doing it on the field. Currie nowhere near good enough. Welsh could be the next big thing to come through. As for Mr Hughes sometimes think hes a Yam in disguise tryin to destroy this club

I've read some ***** on this board in the last few days but that is by far the biggest pile of dung that's been posted on here in a while..

Some people need to get a grip or stop trying to wind folk up..

1987green
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Everybody is entilteld to their opinion you dont rate Hogg I dont rate Hughes so get over yourself

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Everybody is entilteld to their opinion you dont rate Hogg I dont rate Hughes so get over yourself

Ok sister..

It's a bit diferent not raiting someone to calling a good, die hard hibby a yam..

Bad shït likes..

fife hfc
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Are you talking about yourself.:greengrin

BT58
08-08-2010, 11:48 AM
think murray is indeed suspended for the first 2 games of the new season
now i wonder who JH will play in his position at blacpool
maybe a chance for another youngster
b

DH1875
08-08-2010, 12:12 PM
think murray is indeed suspended for the first 2 games of the new season
now i wonder who JH will play in his position at blacpool
maybe a chance for another youngster
b

Callum Booth? Oh wait a minute some idiot thought it would be a good idea to pack him of to Brechin :grr:. Think Stevenson will play LB for first 2 games of the season so he should start the day.