PDA

View Full Version : Hibs lose bamba again..

HibbyKeith
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
link here (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-lose-Bamba-again-after.6462545.jp)

Hibernian Verse
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Should be back for Sunday, it's only at Upton Park, and it will be good for his match fitness if he plays.

iwasthere1972
07-08-2010, 11:17 AM
link here (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-lose-Bamba-again-after.6462545.jp)

It's only in London so he should be able to get back for training on Thursday.

Paragraph 4 started off with "Meanwhile Hibs captain Chris Hogg". Thought for a minute that Fabio had picked him for the England squad. Mind you he could do worse.

MacBean
07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Hope the big lad gets a game and a chance to impress. All the best Sol.

I really hope we don't lose Sol. He is one of our biggest assets and without him at the back we would be an absolute nightmare.

I know he has treated our club poorly, but nowhere near as bad as Benji had, and he was "accepted" back.

Sir Roderick of Petrie, please keep this young French / Ivorian at our club, at least until new year

PISTOL1875
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Maybe the next time we lose him , we will get some money in return...

PeterboroHibee
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Hope the big lad gets a game and a chance to impress. All the best Sol.

I really hope we don't lose Sol. He is one of our biggest assets and without him at the back we would be an absolute nightmare.

I know he has treated our club poorly, but nowhere near as bad as Benji had, and he was "accepted" back.

Sir Roderick of Petrie, please keep this young French / Ivorian at our club, at least until new year

I might be wrong but does he not only have 1 year left on his contract? So we would lose him for nothing come January if he signs a pre contract.

Not too happy about him going away with the international squad right at the start of the new season, whenever he comes back his attitude always seems to be stinking, thinks hes some sort of superstar and it results in problems with his game for us. If we are selling him however, hopefully he will get a game to increase interest in him.

PISTOL1875
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I might be wrong but does he not only have 1 year left on his contract? So we would lose him for nothing come January if he signs a pre contract.

Not too happy about him going away with the international squad right at the start of the new season, whenever he comes back his attitude always seems to be stinking, thinks hes some sort of superstar and it results in problems with his game for us. If we are selling him however, hopefully he will get a game to increase interest in him.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

zlatan
07-08-2010, 12:07 PM

His attitude on Thursday night couldn't be questioned. Put in a great performance.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd love him to stay, i'd love him to sign a new contract but i think thats never going to happen. The best scenario imho, is he plays for the ivory coast and has a blinder, and we then sell him to the highest bidder. :greengrin Then the money we get is invested in 2 decent replacements.

matty_f
07-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd love him to stay, i'd love him to sign a new contract but i think thats never going to happen. The best scenario imho, is he plays for the ivory coast and has a blinder, and we then sell him to the highest bidder. :greengrin Then the money we get is invested in 2 decent replacements.

:agree: Our defence is much better with Sol in it than without, however if he's going to go, then he needs to be replaced.

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
The best scenario is the ivory coast poach our manager:wink:

Come on sol, big him up back home mate:greengrin

On a serious note, I reckon we will lose sol for nowt next year, no offers are flooding in and his attitude will put teams off. TBH I'd rather get a year out of him than 500k, so unless we get a very good offer just keep playing him.

Mikeystewart
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe he desperately want out and hibs are trying to get him in the shop window for a big move.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM

or even swap managers with them

500miles
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
His attitude on Thursday night couldn't be questioned. Put in a great performance.

Except when he got beat at the corner for the first goal.

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM

On a serious note, I reckon we will lose sol for nowt next year, no offers are flooding in and his attitude will put teams off. TBH I'd rather get a year out of him than 500k, so unless we get a very good offer just keep playing him.
I expect that there will be last minute moves to snap him up at the end of this month.

The usual frantic horse-trading will ensue over the final 48 hours of the transfer window and we'll end up with the 5th or 6th choice CB on Yogi's list of potential signings. :greengrin

johnnyfelly
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
sooooo.if i read that correct hogg is saying our plan b was to hoofball it to nish in the hope he would win the header and knock it on for stokes and deeks,who in turn didnt look like they where anticipating nish winning the header at all,and if nish gets injured/suspended does that mean plan b goes oot the windae

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2010, 12:12 AM
sooooo.if i read that correct hogg is saying our plan b was to hoofball it to nish in the hope he would win the header and knock it on for stokes and deeks,who in turn didnt look like they where anticipating nish winning the header at all,and if nish gets injured/suspended does that mean plan b goes oot the windae

Are you trying to tell me we need a plan c????:confused::wink:

Hal Jordan
08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
or even swap managers with them

Sven's already a free agent....:agree: