PDA

View Full Version : Punk festival in Blackpool

Toaods
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Swarming with punks old originals and young newcomers. Quite a few skinheads too. There is a big area condoned off for them near the Opera House (North Pier) . strolled through the middle of it all to let the daughter have her first glimpse of these amazing hairdoos. Many sitting boozing in the street but no aggro whatsoever. From a male point of view some of the wee punkettes rather tasty, mind you... a few former Sioux Sioux's more like Buster Bloodvessel thesedays.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Swarming with punks old originals and young newcomers. Quite a few skinheads too. There is a big area condoned off for them near the Opera House (North Pier) . strolled through the middle of it all to let the daughter have her first glimpse of these amazing hairdoos. Many sitting boozing in the street but no aggro whatsoever. From a male point of view some of the wee punkettes rather tasty, mind you... a few former Sioux Sioux's more like Buster Bloodvessel thesedays.

They come to the town every year toads, and while some look very scary they are no trouble at all. They do look bloody stupid imho (never a punk, more a new romantic) :wink: When i had the hotel, we took a booking for this weekend, and when they arrived i nearly sheate myself, but by the time they left, they had become friends, and friends who came back year after year. Lets hope we can say the same about us on monday. :pray:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-08-2010, 08:56 AM

:greengrin

Ironic thing is tho' Busters slimmer now than he's ever been! :greengrin

Toaods
07-08-2010, 09:41 AM
...Steve Fulton must be so angry. ;-)

Weather update - Suns oot.

degenerated
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
They come to the town every year toads, and while some look very scary they are no trouble at all. They do look bloody stupid imho (never a punk, more a new romantic) :wink: When i had the hotel, we took a booking for this weekend, and when they arrived i nearly sheate myself, but by the time they left, they had become friends, and friends who came back year after year. Lets hope we can say the same about us on monday. :pray:

from the first one in 96 (i think), i've been to a good few of these in Blackpool & Morecambe and rarely seen any trouble other than some real drunkeness :agree:

the very first one at the winter gardens was bizzarre as in one bit there was bands like slaughter & the dogs and the uk subs playing and in the next room was darren day doing summer holiday. in the bars you had all these old women with blue rinses and punks mingling, was quite surreall :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Did anybody see Buster when the darts were in Blackpool last month? Oh dear!

Toaods
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Same last night, punks, us ,heavy duty looking cops with nothing to do and women wo appeared to be attending a ball, Jimmy Carr next door. ohh and he's on again tonight if anyone is interested.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM

In the words of Steve Jones - you dirty old ****er

Oh dear. What could look more stupid? A leather jacket and a nice pair of creepers or a man in make up wearing a skirt and a blouse? Tell me that's a wooosh! Please. :faf:

from the first one in 96 (i think), i've been to a good few of these in Blackpool & Morecambe and rarely seen any trouble other than some real drunkeness :agree:

the very first one at the winter gardens was bizzarre as in one bit there was bands like slaughter & the dogs and the uk subs playing and in the next room was darren day doing summer holiday. in the bars you had all these old women with blue rinses and punks mingling, was quite surreall :greengrin

That was the first Holidays In The Sun in 96. Great three days and seen a load of bands I never thought I'd get another chance to.
Not sure how 'punk rock' the prices are now though....turning Rebellion into money...:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh dear. What could look more stupid? A leather jacket and a nice pair of creepers or a man in make up wearing a skirt and a blouse? Tell me that's a wooosh! Please. :faf:

Did you not see the little smiley? :greengrin Seems to me it was a whoosh moment.:wink:

Iggy Pope
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Did you not see the little smiley? :greengrin Seems to me it was a whoosh moment.:wink:

Looked more like a wink first time than a smiley to me ya buftie :greengrin

Toaods
07-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Sylvian ya bass...

Iggy Pope
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Sylvian ya bass...

Vanian
:devil:
But I don't have time now....see you doon there tomoorrow!