PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson is one of Us again...

hibs0666
07-08-2010, 01:55 AM
From today's Scotsman interview with Aidan Smith...

Does he feel free to be a Hibby again? "Aye, I think so. Rangers fans don't want to hear the Hibby shout, justifiably so. But, you know, my fiancee Calley and I have just become parents and I'm the proudest of dads to wee Jackson. Football's great but family really is the best and yet for me the the moment that could have matched becoming a father would have been lifting that League Cup with Hibs back in 2007. I would have loved to have left Hibs a hero.

John Collins knew that, everybody knew that to have been captain of a winning Hibees team would have been the greatest moment, no matter what I can still go on and achieve."

Just like that. :wink:

Steve-O
07-08-2010, 02:01 AM
From today's Scotsman interview with Aidan Smith...

Does he feel free to be a Hibby again? "Aye, I think so. Rangers fans don't want to hear the Hibby shout, justifiably so. But, you know, my fiancee Calley and I have just become parents and I'm the proudest of dads to wee Jackson. Football's great but family really is the best and yet for me the the moment that could have matched becoming a father would have been lifting that League Cup with Hibs back in 2007. I would have loved to have left Hibs a hero.

John Collins knew that, everybody knew that to have been captain of a winning Hibees team would have been the greatest moment, no matter what I can still go on and achieve."

Just like that. :wink:

All he had to do was not be a greedy wee dickhead and he could've had his moment :bye:

Saorsa
07-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Kevin Thomson can go and throw http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/turd4.gif at himself

(((Fergus)))
07-08-2010, 02:27 AM
"wee Jackson"?

....as in Keith Jackson? :bitchy:

Diclonius
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Piss off, Thomson.

greenlex
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
He called his laddie Jackson!!!!! Is his middle name Keith???? Unbelieveable!!!!!!
Still think deep down he is a decent guy.:)

James Connolly
07-08-2010, 05:46 AM
It isn't the fact that he sold his soul; it was the way he manufactured his way to Greyskull, that I despise the greetin' faced little ******wit!!!:grr:

Oscar Lomax
07-08-2010, 06:23 AM
It isn't the fact that he sold his soul; it was the way he manufactured his way to Greyskull, that I despise the greetin' faced little ******wit!!!:grr:

Get a life pal...... The thing that gets me is everyone would do the same !!! Its comical.

1two
07-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Get a life pal...... The thing that gets me is everyone would do the same !!! Its comical.

What? Engineer a move in the way KT did?
I wouldn't, and not cos just cos it's hibs!

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 06:29 AM

I think your wrong there, not everyone would spend months engineering a move, causing disharmony in a squad which was good enough to win both cups that year, and openly slating hibs in the press just to get his move at a price which suited rangers.

Hibs have never stopped anyone moving on, providing the price is right. Thats fair for hibs and the player. KT tried to get round that so he could get the big bucks quicker, a hibs fan would not do that!!

I still have no sympathy for katie

IWasThere2016
07-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Just like us, KT will always be a Hibee.

He was simply not biting the hand that fed.

Parenthood also makes one wise up - not always when it comes to selection of the child's name though :wink:

dirtydirk
07-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Scott brown never and ended up making double the money. Kevin thomson while captain was writing negative stuff about hibs while he had his weekly column in the record. He was talking about how he didnt earn enough and how his parents still had to work ect. He played the poverty card on a 1500 pound a week contract when 99% of hibs fans who work hard to pay for season tickets ect dont earn anywhere near that. This was all after hibs paid his wages for nearly 2 years while he was out with a cruciate. He didnt seem to have a problem earning that sort of money then. Thomson left hibs the worst way possible and there is no excuses for it. Complete turncoat. Hope he is made really unwelcome if he ever goes to easter road again.

Kaiser1962
07-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Have to say I was a wee bit disappointed with some of the quotes attributed to KT at that time.

Knew he was a hibby though and his dad is a big hibby and always was. Think he found it difficult though with the abuse Kevin was getting.

Parenthood also makes one wise up - not always when it comes to selection of the child's name though :wink:

James Connolly
07-08-2010, 07:11 AM

Maybe u would PAL; but don't speak for other people.

KT could have kept his mouth shut and still got his big money move; he chose to slag Hibs off at every opportunity in the Daily ******...or have u forgotten that?

hibsbollah
07-08-2010, 07:14 AM
All he had to do was not be a greedy wee dickhead and he could've had his moment :bye:

:top marks

I hate him and his little media sycophants.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2010, 07:21 AM
You may not like him now, nor forgive him for the way he left, but he's a Hibs supporter.

Nothing said on here will change that.

How long till the "KT on the way back to ER" stories? :wink:

col02
07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
The way he engineered his move is in the distant past now and his transfer fee along with many of his previous team mates has helped Hibs build an infrastructure that may see the next decent young players staying at Hibs that wee bit longer than he did. Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter as Riordan and Murray both let their contracts run down as was their right before Hibs got a paltry sum for Riordan and nothing for Murray. Time to move on and stop living in the past perhaps!

Hibbyradge
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter

It's easy and makes us feel self righteous. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 07:32 AM
The way he engineered his move is in the distant past now and his transfer fee along with many of his previous team mates has helped Hibs build an infrastructure that may see the next decent young players staying at Hibs that wee bit longer than he did. Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter as Riordan and Murray both let their contracts run down as was their right before Hibs got a paltry sum for Riordan and nothing for Murray. Time to move on and stop living in the past perhaps!

ah but they have came back and made amends for there wrongs in the past.

I'm sure there will be KT coming back threads before long, especially if middlesborough get into the premiership and he falls out of favour, however given his injury problems I'm not sure he ever would be fit enough to come back.

I'm not saying he could never be forgiven, however I think it unlikely that it would happen any time soon. If however he was ever to appear at Easter road, I think a back turning exercise may be far more effective than shouting abuse at him. Be great to see him walking up towards his seat in the stand and all the fans turning there backs to him.

Postman
07-08-2010, 07:57 AM
I really don't think everyone would react in exactly the way they say they would on here if another employer offered to increase their salary by 8 to 10 times! Yes he went about it in the wrong way but he's a young guy who was badly advised. He got what he wanted in the end and Hibs got good cash and now have the best set up outside of the Old Firm. KT is part of the reason we have that! Would be happy to see any ex player back supporting the team in the future if that is what they want to do, we have a big stadium to fill after all :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
07-08-2010, 07:57 AM
My first (real) job was over 15 years ago working for a well known cable company. I have worked there ever since.

If Sky came to me tomorrow and doubled my wages I would jump without thought.

However I still think cable TV is better than Sky :greengrin

KT is a Hibs fan but playing football is his job

Beefster
07-08-2010, 07:59 AM
If Thomson ever comes back to ER, we'll forgive him immediately and adore him again. That's the way of the world.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat too. Our midfield has never been the same since he left.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2010, 08:09 AM
You may not like him now, nor forgive him for the way he left, but he's a Hibs supporter.

Nothing said on here will change that.

How long till the "KT on the way back to ER" stories? :wink:

:agree: It's an awkward one becasue I thought it was compulsory to like every single Hibs supporter personally, in Katies case, I am happy he seems to be a Hibby, don't see why his dad should get a hard time, however as far as Katie is concerned I think the best I will ever achieve in the liking stakes is 99.99% of all hibs supporters.

Cropley10
07-08-2010, 08:22 AM
He was 21 years old FFS. How many people didn't make a mistake when they were 21?

Nobody died.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Really, even when he quoted he would walk on broken glass along the M8 to leave us??:confused:

PaulSmith
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Well done Kevin Thomson and I hope that one day soon he'll feel comfortable enough to come back to Easter Road with his family.

The posters that are spouting the rants at Thomson are probably the same ones who ran Iain Murray out of the bar the night that he was celebrating Hibs winning the League Cup.

I'd like to think that we're bigger than that and one day we'll see Thomson back in a Hibs shirt as by christ we certainly miss that type of player now.

Kaiser1962
07-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Really, even when he quoted he would walk on broken glass along the M8 to leave us??:confused:

Thats the one I was disappointed in. Thought he was better than that.

PaulSmith
07-08-2010, 08:35 AM

I'd walk along the M8 on broken glass to earn £12k a week if I was on £1500 (even at that just moved on from c£600 PW).

Doesn't mean anything against where he was leaving and more to do with where he was going.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 08:38 AM
There are lots of bitter little men that follow football, even Hibs have their share.

New Corrie
07-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Well done Kevin Thomson and I hope that one day soon he'll feel comfortable enough to come back to Easter Road with his family.

The posters that are spouting the rants at Thomson are probably the same ones who ran Iain Murray out of the bar the night that he was celebrating Hibs winning the League Cup.

I'd like to think that we're bigger than that and one day we'll see Thomson back in a Hibs shirt as by christ we certainly miss that type of player now.

Hurrah! a sensible post about Kevin Thomson:top marks what amazes me is, how many folk on here have never done or said anything foolish in their lifes

aberhibsfc
07-08-2010, 08:42 AM
He was 21 years old FFS. How many people didn't make a mistake when they were 21?

Nobody died.

Sure, but admitting a mistake shows maturity, he's not attempted this yet. Acknowledging handling of it was poor would improve his relationship with the Hibs faithful.

You can't expect people to hold him in any regard after the way he handled the situation. He could have derailed our first silverware for 15 years. I don't expect him to be villified if he turns up at ER (especially with a child) however he certainly deserves the Panto bad guy banter for the time being.

He would go up in my estimations if he acknowledges the fiasco. More so if he called Keith Jackson for what he is, legendary if he said his OF love in was a pile of doodoo.

PaulSmith
07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Sure, but admitting a mistake shows maturity, he's not attempted this yet. Acknowledging handling of it was poor would improve his relationship with the Hibs faithful.

You can't expect people to hold him in any regard after the way he handled the situation. He could have derailed our first silverware for 15 years. I don't expect him to be villified if he turns up at ER (especially with a child) however he certainly deserves the Panto bad guy banter for the time being.

He would go up in my estimations if he acknowledges the fiasco. More so if he called Keith Jackson for what he is, legendary if he said his OF love in was a pile of doodoo.

But if you read the article he wanted to stay at Easter Rd and captain HIS team to the League Cup, it was in the end Collins that accepted the bid and made his life a misery at Easter Road for a number of weeks leading up to his sale.

matty_f
07-08-2010, 08:51 AM

Nobody died.

The whole situation was badly handled, I think by both sides TBH, and it's in the past. I've nae grudge with him.

goosano
07-08-2010, 08:52 AM

" and, if one of our more excitable journals is to be believed, was prepared to "crawl along the M8 on broken glass" to get to Ibrox. "That was the headline but I never said that," he says. "I wasn't trying to get away from Hibs, from Hibs fans, from my mates in the East Stand - I only wanted out of John Collins' sight. We didn't get on, him and me - I don't know why. He loved me for a fortnight, but then . . ."

aberhibsfc
07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
But if you read the article he wanted to stay at Easter Rd and captain HIS team to the League Cup, it was in the end Collins that accepted the bid and made his life a misery at Easter Road for a number of weeks leading up to his sale.

Corrected, should have read ALL it first :greengrin

Still, he could do with a bit of the tail between the legs for the time being.

MrSmith
07-08-2010, 08:59 AM
To be fair to him, he was a silly we laddie that got caught up in a smelly snake-eye deal including players such as keek smackson and sir d of murray mint.

My buddy worked with his sister at Standard Life, she told him that Kevin never wrote a single word printed in the Daily Record and he is utterly embarrassed because of it. Keek Smackson also admitted this on Real football phone-in. However, I think kevin realised he made a deal with the devil and had to conclude the deal. Remember snake-eye uses the media and player to orchestrate the move by unsettling the club, team and using transfer requests.

The question is do I forgive Kevin?? to an extent I do for being a silly we laddie but the lasting damage he did to our club well that is still a very sore point!!!:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::g rr:

cad
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Cropley10[/LEFT];2537829]He was 21 years old FFS. How many people didn't make a mistake when they were 21?

Nobody died.

21 years old and people listening to you now thats a talent ,maybe we should have got more for him :agree:

hibee_girl
07-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Or when he said pulling on the Hibs jersey again would make him feel sick?

snooky
07-08-2010, 09:23 AM
If I was 'misquoted' or 'ghost written' in the way KT allegedly was, I think I would have been knocking on the DR editor's door and either sorting it out or cancelling the deal.
Lesson 1: You fly with the craws, you get shot with the craws.

The article sounds like the first step in reconcilliation - and that's good.
Could take a while though.

Frazerbob
07-08-2010, 09:25 AM

That's the one I can't forgive him for. Mind you, there are a lot cocks in the Hibs support these days, why should we single out Katie?

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
To be fair to him, he was a silly we laddie that got caught up in a smelly snake-eye deal including players such as keek smackson and sir d of murray mint.

My buddy worked with his sister at Standard Life, she told him that Kevin never wrote a single word printed in the Daily Record and he is utterly embarrassed because of it. Keek Smackson also admitted this on Real football phone-in. However, I think kevin realised he made a deal with the devil and had to conclude the deal. Remember snake-eye uses the media and player to orchestrate the move by unsettling the club, team and using transfer requests.

The question is do I forgive Kevin?? to an extent I do for being a silly we laddie but the lasting damage he did to our club well that is still a very sore point!!!:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::g rr:

I can't quite get this bit about lasting damage. It's clear the club were going to sell him anyway, and we actually won the league cup after he left.

Furthermore, he wasn't one of the people who thought it would be a good move to have a player's revolt the week before a semi final against Dunfermline.

hibee_girl
07-08-2010, 09:40 AM
That's the one I can't forgive him for. Mind you, there are a lot cocks in the Hibs support these days, why should we single out Katie?

Same here.

Beefster
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Thats the one I was disappointed in. Thought he was better than that.

He denied in the interview ever saying that. Despite his misdemeanours, I'd still trust Thomson (and the Scotsman) over anything Jackson or the Daily Record wrote.

It was in Jackson's interest to whip up the hyperbole on the entire situation. Firstly, it plays to the Bigots' sensibilities, secondly it fitted into McKay's (along with Thomson/Brown) agenda and lastly it sells papers. I'd be surprised if Thomson actually said 25% of the stuff that he's hated for.

3pm
07-08-2010, 09:50 AM
He did say that there were things that he and Collins should not have said during the transfer saga. Forgive him or he'll need to take the 'wean' to Ibrox.

MrSmith
07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
I can't quite get this bit about lasting damage. It's clear the club were going to sell him anyway, and we actually won the league cup after he left.

Furthermore, he wasn't one of the people who thought it would be a good move to have a player's revolt the week before a semi final against Dunfermline.

Consider the player/agent scenario that now exists within ER and the mistrust caused. Also, it got smelly snake-eye a foot-in-the-door with other players: Boozy, Fletcher, Murph...

Now, for us, every time a manager goes through a bad patch, what is the first assumption from fans? the manager has lost the dressing room! We never thought that before until post 2007.

snooky
07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
KT quote: "We always laughed about that because Scotty grew up supporting Rangers and he was the one who put in a transfer request while me, the born Hibby, didn't".

As an aside, in a previous thread I commented that Broony's "heart wasn't in it" re. his Celtic performances. It's been widely rumoured that he was a Rangers fan as a youth. Here's the confirmation - and possibly one reason for his loss of drive playing with the Loopy Hoopies.

hibee_girl
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
And I won't miss that special welcome I used to get from Easter Road's East Stand whenever I went back to Hibs - all those chants of 'Kevin Thomson is gay.'"

He's clearly hard of hearing as well cos I don't remember ever hearing that sang in the East Stand, we sang a few other things to him:wink: but not that, unless I'm loosing my memory :greengrin

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
KT made a decision he wanted to leave and was not really interested how he went about, he could have waited 6 months but no. Hibs were doing well at the time all he did was actually jepordise things for the club with his actions.

Im glad he didnt lift the cup as his actions put everything we had tried to get that season on the line all for the sake of what 6months. Thats how much he regarded Hibs. It was a credit to Collins to get over the tests of KT and SB and keep us on track to win cup.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 10:26 AM
We can say misquoted, we can say a lot. All that he needed to do was say im here to finish this season off and we will see what happens. So if at any stage Jackson was printing stuff he felt wrong oor not right the chance was there to come back. Nothing done about any of the comments and so easy now to discuss them.

While at a key point in our season and in a new mangers early months he did us no favours.

PC Stamp
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM

It's funny how so many vilify John Collins for his overall man management skills whilst Hibs manager yet appear to think it was nothing about his handling of the Thomson affair that perhaps caused the rift? Fact is that none of us know how the whole situation was being handled. Thomson was a young lad most likely being manipulated by an experienced agent whose dealings would subsequently become the focus of legal proceedings and allied to that it may have been the case that his manager was making his life an absolute misery behind closed doors in order to force him out of the door?

Like most everyone else, I don't know but in my dealings with Kevin Thomson I always found him to be a pleasant and articulate young guy who always had time for the fans and was very proud to play for and captain the team he supported.

PISTOL1875
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Having read the article , it seems that KY didn't have a problem with the fans... The problem was with JC.. Deep down he didn't want to leave HIbs but the situation was made unbearable so he had to do something.. For him the only way out was to do what he done.. Underneath it all I still maintain he didn't want to do it but his hand was forced by Agent McKay and the inevitable was the cards..

I for one would welcome him back to ER in a heartbeat.. He will always be a Hibby and a HIbs legend in my eyes...

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
It's funny how so many vilify John Collins for his overall man management skills whilst Hibs manager yet appear to think it was nothing about his handling of the Thomson affair that perhaps caused the rift? Fact is that none of us know how the whole situation was being handled. Thomson was a young lad most likely being manipulated by an experienced agent whose dealings would subsequently become the focus of legal proceedings and allied to that it may have been the case that his manager was making his life an absolute misery behind closed doors in order to force him out of the door?

Like most everyone else, I don't know but in my dealings with Kevin Thomson I always found him to be a pleasant and articulate young guy who always had time for the fans and was very proud to play for and captain the team he supported.

I think the players knew exactly what they were doing, Im sure JC made errors but everything seems to have been instigated by the players changing agents, if that had not occured there would have been no need to handle any situations. Unless something JC had done made the players want to change agents. Just from memory things seemed ok until they got new agent.

Saorsa
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Having read the article , it seems that KY didn't have a problem with the fans... The problem was with JC.. Deep down he didn't want to leave HIbs but the situation was made unbearable so he had to do something.. For him the only way out was to do what he done.. Underneath it all I still maintain he didn't want to do it but his hand was forced by Agent McKay and the inevitable was the cards..

I for one would welcome him back to ER in a heartbeat.. He will always be a Hibby and a HIbs legend in my eyes...Deep down he didnae want tae leave for all that money, aye right :hilarious others left for money too but not in the same manner.

What did he do tae acquire legend :hilarious status like, I'd be interested tae hear about that? I must have missed it.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 10:38 AM

I for one would welcome him back to ER in a heartbeat.. He will always be a Hibby and a HIbs legend in my eyes...

If he wanted to say he could have just dont do anything, he fell out with JC after he had made actions to want to leave club. If he was stripped of captaincy and fell out with JC before agent change then ok he may hav had a point, from my memory the fall out occured after KT instigated things in first instance as far as that goes all bets are off on what JC did. KT and SB made first move.

If I am wrong about that then ok but I mind the agent change then after a while the fall out. KT made a choice that he wanted to go, so much for him wanting to stay.

truehibernian
07-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Does anyone on this forum either know or has met Kevin ? He is a nice young man, was a bit naive and silly when he asked for his move, and yep, got in with the wrong kind of crowd media wise. But deary deary me.........for those parents of son's (especially one's with talent).........ask yourself if someone came to your door and said "Mr ******, we are here because we know your son is especially good at his job.........we would like to headhunt him and offer him 6 times what he is earning, same or better working conditions, and greater career prospects"............would you slam the door and say "Nah...........he is happy where he is son" ?

Ian Murray still gets the treatment of some Hibs fans, why, I really do not know. He is a working man, a professional, out to hopefully make money and get success in his chosen career. I have absolutely no love at all for either of the OF, but any Hibernian player who has given a good service to Hibs will get my support (and criticism where it is due), and not bile/venom if he decides to go there. If he had a poor game I would let him know it from the stands, however when he played well he was a superb player to watch. Same with Brown and co. It is financial common sense, and mind, he was still a very very young laddie. Football is spoiled and sullied with agents and people leeching money from the game to line their pockets. Kevin was the meat in the sandwich IMHO, and he was being advised and led by others. Ask guys who play for East Fife, Alloa, East Stirling what they would do just to get a couple of hundred extra each week/month......I bet you the difference in wages that the team they supported or how they came about getting the wage rise wouldn't matter a sook ? It's like no other career, it is short, and the years at the top for the lucky few limited. I have kids and would be looking to make sure they have a more comfortable life than I did, so if the chance was there, grab it.

Give the boy a break eh. Football is fickle, and I love giving out the banter side of the game from the stands, but I won't be holding grudges against any ex Hibs player because they played for the OF. Oh and there is about 2 million reasons why we should be thanking Thommo and Petrie (and Hibs) for ensuring that the club has the great facilities we have by the way. Not forgetting the money he gave back to the club for the youths to progress with the right tools/equipment/backing.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Does anyone on this forum either know or has met Kevin ? He is a nice young man, was a bit naive and silly when he asked for his move, and yep, got in with the wrong kind of crowd media wise. But deary deary me.........for those parents of son's (especially one's with talent).........ask yourself if someone came to your door and said "Mr ******, we are here because we know your son is especially good at his job.........we would like to headhunt him and offer him 6 times what he is earning, same or better working conditions, and greater career prospects"............would you slam the door and say "Nah...........he is happy where he is son" ?

Ian Murray still gets the treatment of some Hibs fans, why, I really do not know. He is a working man, a professional, out to hopefully make money and get success in his chosen career. I have absolutely no love at all for either of the OF, but any Hibernian player who has given a good service to Hibs will get my support (and criticism where it is due), and not bile/venom if he decides to go there. If he had a poor game I would let him know it from the stands, however when he played well he was a superb player to watch. Same with Brown and co. It is financial common sense, and mind, he was still a very very young laddie. Football is spoiled and sullied with agents and people leeching money from the game to line their pockets. Kevin was the meat in the sandwich IMHO, and he was being advised and led by others. Ask guys who play for East Fife, Alloa, East Stirling what they would do just to get a couple of hundred extra each week/month......I bet you the difference in wages that the team they supported or how they came about getting the wage rise wouldn't matter a sook ? It's like no other career, it is short, and the years at the top for the lucky few limited. I have kids and would be looking to make sure they have a more comfortable life than I did, so if the chance was there, grab it.

Give the boy a break eh. Football is fickle, and I love giving out the banter side of the game from the stands, but I won't be holding grudges against any ex Hibs player because they played for the OF. Oh and there is about 2 million reasons why we should be thanking Thommo and Petrie (and Hibs) for ensuring that the club has the great facilities we have by the way. Not forgetting the money he gave back to the club for the youths to progress with the right tools/equipment/backing.

I dont support the career and hopes of KT as an individual nor any player,I want whats best for Hibs, if I supported KT I would have been delighted about what he was doing, IMO it was not good for the club at the time and for me they put a cloud over the club that was not needed. He was 21 not 6, its getting made out he just followed and did what was told, that can suit the argument for people who dont mind KT, I can easily say he instigated it all and didnt care a jot what damage was done as long as he got his money.

Was the move right for him, probably was in a lot of respects, did he go about right? absoloutley not and do I think he was just lead along by McKay, no I don't, im sure there were times Mckay took lead, he at any time had the chance to knuckle down for 6 more months and didnt leading to his quick exit. Again if he wanted to say he could have, he choose not to.

You may not agree but I think they both jepordised the team and we could easily have ended with nothing, credit to JC for keeping something going.

Expecting Rain
07-08-2010, 11:09 AM
KT behaved badly in the way he conducted his move and has rightly been criticised heavily by a lot of the Hibs supporters, some will never forgive him that is their perogative but most of us will and life goes on, if he comes back to ER as a supporter he will always be welcome as are all Hibs supporters.

oldbutdim
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
"wee Jackson"?

....as in Keith Jackson? :bitchy:

That was the bit that I noticed most too.

I remember Katie saying privately that when he was being given headlines for his whingeng in the Daily Record he said it wasn't really his column, Keith Jackson did all the work and just stuck it in for him.

Stupid me - I thought he was talking about the articles in the Record.

D'oh!

Thecat23
07-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I've never posted this before, but my best mate is Kenny Miller. I seen the abuse he got when he left Hibs and signed for them. Sad thing is he was saying how he loved Hibs and would have stayed but when a club no matter who it is comes in and offers a very good wage packet and set him up for his future, I very much doubt any of us would turn it down. Like he said, he could have had an injury and never get that chance again. As for Kevin I got the chance to speak to him last year and he was saying he will always be a Hibs fan and alot of the press quotes were twisted. Granted it wasn't great the way he left but i won't slag the boy off if he returned to ER. Football is about making money for your future its a short career and i know i'd leave my work if another company came in and said i'll pay u 5 times what your on now! Even if i loved my work... which i don't for the record :wink:

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM
he fell out with JC after he had made actions to want to leave club. If he was stripped of captaincy and fell out with JC before agent change then ok he may hav had a point, from my memory the fall out occured after KT instigated things in first instance ...

If I am wrong about that then ok but I mind the agent change then after a while the fall out. KT made a choice that he wanted to go, so much for him wanting to stay.
From a post earlier on this thread quoting the article, KT infers that JC's view of him turned very quickly after a brief 'honeymoon period'.

With respect, any recollection of events and their timing that you or I have about this episode is processed by way of press coverage anyway. Such reporting has a natural built-in delay and, as we know, is often biased and twisted in order to manufacture headlines.

The inference now being made by KT is that his relationship with JC soured before he changed agent. For all his faults and immaturity in handling the situation at the time, I believe him on this score.

IWasThere2016
07-08-2010, 12:16 PM
As PC says, I think if you met KT you'd soon realise he is too clever to have penned the pish that appreared in the ******.

I hope he's back at ER some day - fine player IMHO.

Saorsa
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
As PC says, I think if you met KT you'd soon realise he is too clever to have penned the pish that appreared in the ******.

I hope he's back at ER some day - fine player IMHO.Did he know about it? Did he allow it tae be done in his name? Innocent bystander? I think not.

I agree he was a fine player, I've always said that and he may well be a Hibs fan but as far as I'm concerned he's a prick.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Did he know about it? Did he allow it tae be done in his name? Innocent bystander? I think not.

I agree he was a fine player, I've always said that and he may well be a Hibs fan but as far as I'm concerned he's a prick.

We're hardly talking about Crippen here. What was he supposed to do?

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
We're hardly talking about Crippen here. What was he supposed to do?

Act with a bit of dignity, and show some respect to the club he supposedly supports, the club that had gave him his big chance.

1875 NO 1
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM

in today's scotsman made it clear he didn't say that.

Record is a total rag if it said we play in green I wouldn't believe it.

1875 NO 1
07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
The whole situation was badly handled, I think by both sides TBH, and it's in the past. I've nae grudge with him.
Correct.

For me Rod Petrie should have taken charge of situation and not allowed it to get out of hand. Problems were brewingvery soon into JC reign and we all know what happened.

Intersting now that players dont to Daily Record articles anymore

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Act with a bit of dignity, and show some respect to the club he supposedly supports, the club that had gave him his big chance.

The sort of dignity that means that people can be forgiven for things they didn't do?

He'll burn in hell, so he will.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
whole article here

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Saturday-Interview-Kevin-Thomson-.6462576.jp?

snooky
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Bingo! Whether his leaving was JC's fault or not, Katie showed no respect to the club or fans.

I must say, I surprised his father didn't step in at the time instead of letting Jackson and the Secret-Agent-Man run riot. I know my auld man would have.

Golden Bear
07-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Everyone makes mistakes in life and given the same opportunities we would all like to be in a position whereby another employer comes along and offers you say 6 times your present wage for doing the same job.

It's a no brainer really.

Life is too short to bear grudges and I'd certainly welcome KT back to ER - not that it is ever likely to happen.

Golden Bear
07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Correct.

For me Rod Petrie should have taken charge of situation and not allowed it to get out of hand. Problems were brewingvery soon into JC reign and we all know what happened.

Intersting now that players dont to Daily Record articles anymore

:agree:

I wonder if we can draw a parallel with the situation then and the training ground unrest that is SUPPOSEDLY taking place right now.

:hmmm:

Frazerbob
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Everyone makes mistakes in life and given the same opportunities we would all like to be in a position whereby another employer comes along and offers you say 6 times your present wage for doing the same job.

It's a no brainer really.

Life is too short to bear grudges and I'd certainly welcome KT back to ER - not that it is ever likely to happen.

With respect, I think you (and a few others) are missing the point. Nobody is blamining Katie for moving to a bigger (not better) club and earning a huge wage. It's the way he went about it that was disgusting. All you need to do is look at the way JC left us for Celtc, total respect paid to Hibs and the fans and we got £1m.

Katie can only dream of being half the man John Collins is, on and off the park.

Betty Boop
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
With respect, I think you (and a few others) are missing the point. Nobody is blamining Katie for moving to a bigger (not better) club and earning a huge wage. It's the way he went about it that was disgusting. All you need to do is look at the way JC left us for Celtc, total respect paid to Hibs and the fans and we got £1m.

Katie can only dream of being half the man John Collins is, on and off the park.

Kaiser1962
07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Jackson is, I believe, a family name. Nowt to do with a certain journalist. Sorry to spoil it guys.

That was the bit that I noticed most too.

I remember Katie saying privately that when he was being given headlines for his whingeng in the Daily Record he said it wasn't really his column, Keith Jackson did all the work and just stuck it in for him.

Stupid me - I thought he was talking about the articles in the Record.

D'oh!

Golden Bear
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

I'd agree with you up to a point ------ however KT was a raw 21 year old who came under the dual influence of a dodgy agent and a *hit stirring bassa of a supposed "reporter".

That's the mistake he made and I bet to this day he regrets the circumstances leading up to, and following his transfer.

Oh to be perfect!

KeithTheHibby
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM

What lasting damage??

As far as I can tell he made silly mistakes by talking to that ***** rag the Daily Record, nothing more.

Personally I would like to see him return to ER some day.

Perspective
07-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Yip. Thomson will never achieve a fraction of the success JC has enjoyed.

All he had to do was show a bit of class and dignity like David Murphy and Steven Whittaker. Keep the head down, play well and Hibs have shown they won't stand in your way when an appropriate offer is made.

KeithTheHibby
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Never knew that happened, those fans should be ashamed of themselves.

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Jackson is, I believe, a family name. Nowt to do with a certain journalist. Sorry to spoil it guys.
I just thought Darren Jackson had been KT's boyhood hero. :greengrin

7Hero
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM

the newspapers and media in general should never be believed, its simple to understand and despite him doing a few things wrong i would imagine the majority of what he said in the media was blown way out of proportion and sensationalised.

ekhibee
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
First of all, I was under the impression that both Brown and Thomson had just signed new contracts with Hibs, so at that time they were both perfectly happy to stay. Then McKay got involved, and it all went tits up, helped along by McKay's buddy in the Daily Record. For a long time I had absolutely no sympathy for Thomson whatsoever because of the comments attributed to him, and any interviews I've seen with him while at Rangers didn't change my opinion. It does seem however that there could be an element of truth in the suggestion that he wasn't saying all this stuff in the Daily Record. Think about it, Jackson seems to have much stronger connections with Rangers than he ever had at Celtic, and you never heard Scott Brown making comments like the ones attributed to Thomson, but that's just my opinion. I can say that I have never bought a Daily Record since, and would never buy any other paper that Keith Jackson writes for. The Real Radio phone-in has been an embarrassment for some time, a supposedly national radio station that is really just the audio equivalent of the Rangers News/Celtic View. Jackson always seemed to be on it in the past, don't know if he still is though, as I haven't listened to it for ages. I live and work in the west, even though I was born and raised in Edinburgh, and have a lot of friends in this neck of the woods, most of them support either half of the OF, but that doesn't stop me from critisizing the blatant bias that exists even today.

Betty Boop
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
What ever happened to Jackson suing John Collins ? :greengrin

Shrekko
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Can you give me a link to anywhere that quotes Thomson directly saying that?

I doubt you'll be able to because he didnt say that but then again he didnt say a lot of things that people on here attribute to him. Another example would be the one about him being paid peanuts by Hibs which was actually said by his agent. Numerous other things have been either taken out of context or pinned on him when somebody else has said it.

The remark about being physically sick was how he felt about staying a further 6 months under JC. Absolute nonsense to say he said it about actually wearing the jersey of the club he supports.

There is no need for KT to continually confirm he is a Hibee but he does- he also did when he was at the Huns so to accuse him of saying that makes zero sense.

The situtation was badly handled all round, he did say some stupid things to ingratiate himself with the Huns but when all's said and done you have to be pretty naive to think all the others who have left didnt 'engineer' their moves in perhaps a quieter way.

My own theory is that the reason Thommo gets it in the neck is that a lot of fans at that time (and still!!) couldnt criticise anything Scott Brown did. Bar the Record column he probably caused more disruption internally but for Hibees he (for some reason) could do no wrong. I remember Brown giving Hibees arm-lock gestures after he scored a goal v. Motherwell and also whinging in the paper about Hibs fans stopping him in the street and not giving enough support during games but nothing was ever said. Basically KT got made the scapegoat when both of them behaved pretty poorly.

Some folk need to get on with their lives.

Big Frank
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Would love him back at ER.

The daily ranger is full of ****

jabis
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
If he wanted to say he could have just dont do anything, he fell out with JC after he had made actions to want to leave club. If he was stripped of captaincy and fell out with JC before agent change then ok he may hav had a point, from my memory the fall out occured after KT instigated things in first instance as far as that goes all bets are off on what JC did. KT and SB made first move.

I am wrong about that then ok but I mind the agent change then after a while the fall out. KT made a choice that he wanted to go, so much for him wanting to stay.

Not having a go C....but if I only quoted the highlited part and then printed it in the papers,how would you feel ?

Vini1875
07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Not got a huge problem with Hibs players moving on, but when comments are made in a newspaper once they have gone which is direspectful to Hibs then I have a problem with that. Murray, Riordan and Thomson all made comments which were disrespectful and as far as I am aware made no effort to correct those comments. It's funny how Whittaker and Brown didn't, as far as I'm concerned that is why I have no hard feelings towards them. Murray and Riordan have been forgiven of course, Thomson will take a little longer.

Maybe it is harder to take when it is one of our own as opposed to a player who just plays for Hibs.

Frazerbob
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Not got a huge problem with Hibs players moving on, but when comments are made in a newspaper once they have gone which is direspectful to Hibs then I have a problem with that. Murray, Riordan and Thomson all made comments which were disrespectful and as far as I am aware made no effort to correct those comments. It's funny how Whittaker and Brown didn't, as far as I'm concerned that is why I have no hard feelings towards them. Murray and Riordan have been forgiven of course, Thomson will take a little longer.

Maybe it is harder to take when it is one of our own as opposed to a player who just plays for Hibs.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Not having a go C....but if I only quoted the highlited part and then printed it in the papers,how would you feel ?

I would respond if that happened right away.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
From a post earlier on this thread quoting the article, KT infers that JC's view of him turned very quickly after a brief 'honeymoon period'.

With respect, any recollection of events and their timing that you or I have about this episode is processed by way of press coverage anyway. Such reporting has a natural built-in delay and, as we know, is often biased and twisted in order to manufacture headlines.

The inference now being made by KT is that his relationship with JC soured before he changed agent. For all his faults and immaturity in handling the situation at the time, I believe him on this score.

And to support your view you are happy to accept it turned sour before the agent change, to support my view I believe it turned sour after it.

Holmesdale Hibs
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
KT a good player for Hibs and brought £2M in to the club which is more than a lot of others have contributed. The one occasion I've been to hospitality, he took the time to speak to the fans where as most the others smiled politely and moved on.

Yes he said some ridiculous things in the paper when left Hibs but I put that down to naivety and stupidity and do not think they were malicious. Also, as has been mentioned, I think some of the things he was supposed to have said have been exaggerated or come from his agent.

I would have him back at ER and at the moment he would walk back in to our team. I can understand why others don't though.

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
And to support your view you are happy to accept it turned sour before the agent change, to support my view I believe it turned sour after it.
No. To support my view, I'm now going on what KT is reported as saying in today's edition of The Scotsman.

To support your view, you are going on what was reported at the time in the Red Tops.

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
No. To support my view, I'm now going on what KT is reported as saying in today's edition of The Scotsman.

To support your view, you are going on what was reported at the time in the Red Tops.

No im not im going on KT was captain and in team until McKay arrived. Yes as stated you are going on deciding to believe KT, im not.

lobster
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Nobody died.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
No im not im going on KT was captain and in team until McKay arrived. Yes as stated you are going on deciding to believe KT, im not.

Are you saying that someone is telling lies?

Captain Trips
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Are you saying that someone is telling lies?

I choose to think KT will put himself across as hard done by, if he never made the comments attributed to him I do not remember him making any effort at time to rebuff, Him and Brown got involved with an agent that has had an intersting last couple of years.

Enough time for me wasted on KT, I dont think much of him or his articles to be honest. Says good things when suits him and now away from Rangers its all great again.

lapsedhibee
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I choose to think KT will put himself across as hard done by.

Can't believe this thread has got to 95 posts without the word snivelling appearing. :confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I think the difference between Thomson leaving and say, Whittaker or Brown, is that that the Daily ****** knew there was a bit of animosity in Thomson leaving Hibs and could manipulate it into making it a story, there was no story to be found with Whittaker leaving Hibs so no need to go there.

Probably a lot of naivety in Thomson's part as well, words were probably put into mouth and interviews would have been directed towards the last few months at the club. Thomson could have said to Jackson he loved his time at Hibs but the last few months were a nightmare, the last few months were the only part that would have interested the Daily ******, that's where the story was.

Anyhow, see he got off to a great start at Middlesborough along with the rest of the SPL recruits. :rolleyes:

sesoim
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM
The sort of dignity that means that people can be forgiven for things they didn't do?

He'll burn in hell, so he will.

Erm, I'm not sure if God does smile on greedy folk to be honest. He might have a bit of making up to do.

sesoim
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I choose to think KT will put himself across as hard done by, if he never made the comments attributed to him I do not remember him saying so, Him and Brown got involved with an agent a lot of questions arte asked of, i,ll ask the same of players under him.

Enough time for me wasted on KT, I dont think much of him or his articles to be honest. Says good things when suits him and now away from Rangers its all great again.

Yip, he seems like one of these guys who always tries to please whoever he's talking to. Which is fine if you are talking to a friend or family member, but not if you're talking to a slimy fake tanned medallion wearing self-loving Glaswegian reporter who will edit and print everything you say that makes good/controversial headlines in order to further his career.

I don't hate Thomson, he just annoyed me with his comments. And to be honest, much as I DO hate Willie McKay and all the greedy agents like him, they did help Hibs rake in millions whch has put us in a much better position (financially at least).

But if Hibs are lucky enough in the future to find ourselves top of the table with a few games to go, I just wonder how far these tabloid reporters, agents and the Old Firm themselves will go to dislodge our challenge?

oldbutdim
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Quite interesting to read the views on Katie. I'm pretty ambivalent to be honest. There's no doubt he's a Hibs fan, he always was. Equally there's no doubt he's a bit ....well........he's not the brightest. I understand he was pretty astounded at the reaction from Hibs fans over Jackshuns's pieces. That more than anything else demonstrates just how fick he is. Still- now he is no longer a Hun, I really won't be wearing my keyboard out ranting about him. Whoever he is/was.

Hibs90
08-08-2010, 08:23 AM
KT is still a ****. :agree: