PDA

View Full Version : Time to do the right thing Mr Hughes..

Ell_Chrisso
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
If you are a true Hibs supporter, and you want what's best for the club, you need to step down from your position.

Time and time again, you just can't understand that being a Manager of a club means making the right decisions, before & DURING the game. I don't know how many times over the past 7 months that iv seen our manager be clueless when it comes to changing a game, or trying to do something different in order to get things going!

If your so adamant on playing this narrow style then fine, but if your a goal down... or nothing is happening, anyone with common sense knows that its time to make a CHANGE! Thats what you get paid forrrr!

When we scored to make the tie 1-1 on 50 odd mins, it was time to go for broke, and bring on Galbraith (who in my opinion should be playing anyway) and possibly Wotherspoon to give us some width, and a threat down our massive spaced flanks whom we have no1 operating from. You can't expect Murray & Hart to get up and down the park like bloody Cole & Sagna! You decided to bring them on AFTER they had burried the tie at 2-1 on 67 mins! When they hadnt once been asked to warm up in the 2nd half! What use is that!!!!???

He is void of ideas. Has no plan B. And our form over the past year or so has been appauling. I think even now it shows that even when we were winning ugly, it was nothing to do with his tactical genius. You were wanted out of Falkirk, and i now think its time for you to leave your boyhood hero's!

There is going to be people who disagree on this opinion heavily, but i fail to see a reason as to why this guy really is the best fit for this club. If our form changes it will be purely down to how well the players do, and not to do with our Manager's thoughts.

ionahibby
07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
i admit i get frustated with yogi sometimes but to say he should resign when the season hasn't started is madness :bitchy:

skipster7
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
If you are a true Hibs supporter, and you want what's best for the club, you need to step down from your position.

Time and time again, you just can't understand that being a Manager of a club means making the right decisions, before & DURING the game. I don't know how many times over the past 7 months that iv seen our manager be clueless when it comes to changing a game, or trying to do something different in order to get things going!

If your so adamant on playing this narrow style then fine, but if your a goal down... or nothing is happening, anyone with common sense knows that its time to make a CHANGE! Thats what you get paid forrrr!

When we scored to make the tie 1-1 on 50 odd mins, it was time to go for broke, and bring on Galbraith (who in my opinion should be playing anyway) and possibly Wotherspoon to give us some width, and a threat down our massive spaced flanks whom we have no1 operating from. You can't expect Murray & Hart to get up and down the park like bloody Cole & Sagna! You decided to bring them on AFTER they had burried the tie at 2-1 on 67 mins! When they hadnt once been asked to warm up in the 2nd half! What use is that!!!!???

He is void of ideas. Has no plan B. And our form over the past year or so has been appauling. I think even now it shows that even when we were winning ugly, it was nothing to do with his tactical genius. You were wanted out of Falkirk, and i now think its time for you to leave your boyhood hero's!

There is going to be people who disagree on this opinion heavily, but i fail to see a reason as to why this guy really is the best fit for this club. If our form changes it will be purely down to how well the players do, and not to do with our Manager's thoughts.

:confused:testicles imho, the players are blamless for bad results but acclaimed for good ones? my first look at hibs this season was on thursday and the movement and desire to get into space from most of our "better" players was a disgrace.

bingo70
07-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't think he should leave and there's no way he should leave the week before the season starts, if we start the season in the same form we finished last season then we'll need to look at his position as it'd clearly be relegation form, however that european tie that we played hasn't exactly been a regular appearance in my lifetime so for that he deserves a fair crack of the whip this season.

Quite why you want to start a new thread calling for the managers head a week before the season starts is beyond me, why not get behind the team until we've got something to genuinely moan about? There'll be plenty time for that in the upcoming season, this is the time for optimism so god knows how miserable youu'll be come december :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 08:43 AM

Is this an open letter? The grammar, spelling and punctuation are certainly consistent with one. :confused:

JE89
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Resign with a week until the start of the season? Then we'd hire somebody who would be playing with Yogi's team and we couldn't get a fair opinion on them til the next campaign. A resignation would be a step backwards not forwards.

banarc7062
07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Is this an open letter? The grammar, spelling and punctuation are certainly consistent with one. :confused:

Maybe so but you certainly get his drift:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Resign with a week until the start of the season? Then we'd hire somebody who would be playing with Yogi's team and we couldn't get a fair opinion on them til the next campaign. A resignation would be a step backwards not forwards.

The transfer window isn't closed yet, but admittedly the new guy would have problems with our apparent lack of fitness.

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Got to stick with Yogi until the New Year at least unless we're in the bottom 2 or 3 and looking dire in October/November. We'll more likely be mid-table and Yogi will last the season.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Got to stick with Yogi until the New Year at least unless we're in the bottom 2 or 3 and looking dire in October/November. We'll more likely be mid-table and Yogi will last the season.

I honestly can't see it, unless there is some sort of dramatic turnaround. We have had apalling results since January and I see nothing to suggest the team is playing any differently.

cad
07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I think we are about 11 players short of being a handy side TBH.:wink:

JE89
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
The transfer window isn't closed yet, but admittedly the new guy would have problems with our apparent lack of fitness.

Indeed it is not, but 3 weeks to go until it is and by the sounds of it we hae to sell before we can buy, the new fella would struggle big time and probably make rash transfer decisions which would have a negative effect.

Beefster
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Having seen the things that Hughes went through at Falkirk without resigning, there is absolutely hee-haw chance of him walking from Hibs voluntarily so he's here until Rodders and co decide enough is enough.

Even if we have a complete mare this season, I reckon he'll be here until November/December at least.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Indeed it is not, but 3 weeks to go until it is and by the sounds of it we hae to sell before we can buy, the new fella would struggle big time and probably make rash transfer decisions which would have a negative effect.

Unless the new guy was the manager of another club, witha good knowledge of who was available and the job they could do. He'd surely discuss signing targets before being hired.

The other side of the coin is that Yogi has three more weeks to "invest" in the transfer market too.

H1B33 1875
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM

What a total over reaction to the Maribor game! :bitchy: Having no manager would give us the worst possible start to the season!

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
What a load of pish

Simon70
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Except he's no Hibby - he's a Celtic fan. You are right though, he is a dire manager.

Ell_Chrisso
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Complete over reaction to the maribor game? Where have you all seriously been? Weve been crap for ages! Not just the european exit!

It's all good tho, im glad you all have faith in a manager that doesn't have clue when it comes to tactics :agree:

I'l be right at the end of the season... trust me! :)

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Part of me wants to say it is too rash to get rid of yogi now, however I remember the duffy season, I never want to go through that again. So for me he should leave now, let someone come in who can get the best out of what they have, most managers would rub there hands at the thought of having a squad like ours!!

Ell_Chrisso
07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Part of me wants to say it is too rash to get rid of yogi now, however I remember the duffy season, I never want to go through that again. So for me he should leave now, let someone come in who can get the best out of what they have, most managers would rub there hands at the thought of having a squad like ours!!

Exactly! He should goo. Thats what im getting at. If he doesnt, then i believe we will have a very long hard season with him in charge. No Manager that would come in, is going to have to work hard to do anything different that Yogi has. His tactics are shocking, and they need to change. If he is so adamant that he wants to play narrow with the midfield, why dont we just play 352? So that our backs can play in a system where they can get forward. We have plenty centre halfs in Bamba, Hogg, Stephens, Hanlon, even Murray and Thicot that can make up the 3. Its time we tryed something different as we have been a complete embarassment for the past 7 months

MacBean
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate (or sticking up for Chris), but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

anyway Chris, I had an instant over reaction on Thursday after the game like a lot people, and wanted Hughes to get the hell out of Easter Road. I have had time to mull it over and let the red mist settle. With a clearer view I agree with what others have said, asit could well be the worst possible thing to do at this time of the season.

He has a mindset of how he wants to play football. He has an idea of how he wants to play football and like it or lump we're going to have to sit through it as he is a hell of a stubborn man and won't change his ideals. He has "Vision" and he wont let anyone change that.

Hibernian Football Club is a passion of mine and regardless of whether is John Hughes, Donald Duck, or Jean Rattrey at the helm they will receive my support.

PISTOL1875
07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
What a total over reaction to the Maribor game! :bitchy: Having no manager would give us the worst possible start to the season!

OVer reaction to the Maribor game ???

Where have you been since January mate ???? Have you seen hIbs play since the turn of the year ????

Ell_Chrisso
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate, but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

anyway Chris, I had an instant over reaction on Thursday after the game like a lot people, and wanted Hughes to get the hell out of Easter Road. I have had time to mull it over and let the red mist settle. With a clearer view I agree with what others have said, asit could well be the worst possible thing to do at this time of the season.

He has a mindset of how he wants to play football. He has an idea of how he wants to play football and like it or lump we're going to have to sit through it as he is a hell of a stubborn man and won't change his ideals. He has "Vision" and he wont let anyone change that.

Hibernian Football Club is a passion of mine and regardless of whether is John Hughes, Donald Duck, or Jean Rattrey at the helm they will receive my support.

Of course you will. Just like we all will still support the Green wether he is there or not. And wether your happy with it or not.

Iv also decided to think about it, and not just jump to conclussions.. but thats my point, i struggle to see any sort of spark from the Manager that gives me any belief in his abilities.

Ok, maybe the timing wouldn't be ideal. But it never is, is it? Id rather build now under a new manager, than with Hughes. If he does well, then fair play to him.. but i really cant understand what he is trying to do. Every1 at the game knew he needed to change something.. some of the boys busted a gut in the 1st half, and were unfortunate to be 1 down, but hes got to realise people are tired.. and need to be changed. The narrow midfield is going to be horrific on that wide pitch.

MacBean
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM
The narrow midfield is going to be horrific on that wide pitch.

:agree:

HFC 0-7
07-08-2010, 12:07 PM

The transfer windown is still open. Someone new coming in could possibly get a couple of signings. Would you rather we stay with yogi and start the season with relegation form then bring in a manager that has to pull us up the league when the transfer window is shut?

Wait until Christmas with Yogi at the helm and the season is over and we could possibly be relegation fodder.

Wait until then end of the season with Yogi at the helm and we could be finding a new manager for a team playing in division 1! Think I am over reacting? Well have a look at our form since the 4-1 defeat from rangers in December, that form was truely relegation form. Nothing Yogi has done in the closed season annd in the 2 european games shows that he has turned anything around. The more we wait the harder it will be to get a decent manager, if we wait until christmas the team could be at the bottom of the league, hardly a good prospect for any manager. Get a new manager in now, they have some of the transfer windown open and everything to play for. we have a decent team, a couple of weak positions but a new manager could possibly solve that. Yogi looks like he cant solve anything at the moment. If he has Hibs best interests at heart then he should have a look at himself, say sorry for the recent form and tactical blunders and leave quietly.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate (or sticking up for Chris), but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

If there is a Hibs.net policy on anything it has nothing to do with me. Just trying to make a light hearted comparison between the OP and the sort of thing that comes up on Kickback all the time.

I am NOT suggesting the OP is a Yam by the way. I've just got a thing about people writing angry letters to authority figures when there is very little chance that person will read it, and even less chance they'll pay any attention to it.

tamig
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I reckon he'll get til October/November time to show he's up to it. If we're toiling then, I think the board will act.

I want Hughes to succeed but the last 7 or 8 months have been dire. Really dire.

Looking around on Thursday night before the game I was thinking what a fantastic set up we now have. The pitch looks as good as I've ever seen it in almost 40 years going to ER. The stadium looks great too now. The only thing missing - and it's the main thing - is a manager with guile and tactical nous who can shape and get the most out of the players we have. I think the squad is pretty good but we could do with another couple of players. Hughes can't seem to get anything from them and a lot is down to how he sets the team up and the inability to change things during a game.

It's very frustrating just now and has been for a while but I think we should wait and see how the season develops. If come Oct/Nov we're down the bottom, the board will have to act.

houston1875
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM

:grr:

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I reckon he'll get til October/November time to show he's up to it. If we're toiling then, I think the board will act.

I want Hughes to succeed but the last 7 or 8 months have been dire. Really dire.

Looking around on Thursday night before the game I was thinking what a fantastic set up we now have. The pitch looks as good as I've ever seen it in almost 40 years going to ER. The stadium looks great too now. The only thing missing - and it's the main thing - is a manager with guile and tactical nous who can shape and get the most out of the players we have. I think the squad is pretty good but we could do with another couple of players. Hughes can't seem to get anything from them and a lot is down to how he sets the team up and the inability to change things during a game.

It's very frustrating just now and has been for a while but I think we should wait and see how the season develops. If come Oct/Nov we're down the bottom, the board will have to act.
:top marks In a nutshell. RP will be watching closely and the Board will have 'drawn lines in the sand' beyond which they will have to act.

Meanwhile, Yogi not looking as assured these days.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
:grr:

What's your point caller?

snooky
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM

Agree with all of that + there's also a question mark over the players' overall fitness.

erin go bragh
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM

our squad has improved no ends under yogi so to post this a week before the season starts is negative to say the least.[and here im thinking being a hibs supporter means supporting hibs whatever]
the season hasnt started ffs:grr:

ozwoody
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Normally I would reply to a thread like this as the op talking rubbish.............but......Hibs results since the turn of the year,and more importantly the way we performed,have been sub standard for the players we have,as much as I like Yogi,and times I have met him with my kids he has been a true gent,as a manager he has been found wanting.A better captain of hibs,or dare I say it,celtic,there has not been for any disscussion.But I believe we have to look for a more astute and non Hibs boy as manager,just my tuppence worth

sahib
07-08-2010, 02:38 PM
our squad has improved no ends under yogi so to post this a week before the season starts is negative to say the least.[and here im thinking being a hibs supporter means supporting hibs whatever]

If our squad has improved why has the performance dipped? I would stick with Yogi he may come good yet. Replacing him will probably just see another duffer come in and even if they are quite good many people will still think they are rubbish.

HibsMax
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
My only issue with threads like this is that if you're going to call for someone's head then the very least you have to do is come up with a viable replacement. It's all well and good saying the current management team is crap and should go but is a team with no direction any better off than a team that is slightly off course?

People talk about getting the best out of the players but did John Collins not try that and see what a mess that made. It's a team effort and requires buy-in from everyone. If the manager is a tactical genius but the players can't / won't execute, there's little the manager can do about it. I don't know how information flows in a football team but surely it must be at least partially two-way? What I mean is that if the players all hate what the manager is doing, can they not suggest a different approach? I'm not talking about rebellion.

I guess at the end of the day I feel that the team on the pitch and the management team on the sidelines are all accountable at some level - I don't know that it's always clear that someone is 100% at fault. The manager plans, the players do. If the players cannot follow instructions then shame on them. If the manager won't listen to constructive criticism from his players, shame on him.

khib70
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes it does. It doesn't, however, mean supporting the manager regardless of how poor he is. Having sat through the end of last season, as a supporter, I believe the best thing for Hibs is for him to go, and go soon.

berwickhibee
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
i think finishing 4th in his first full season at the club entitles the man to another season in charge,lets just wait and see where we are come december time. changing manager every 18 months is not the answer.

Im sure yogi will get it sorted and hopefully we will still see 2 or 3 more new signings,centre half a priority as hogg has been awful for ages.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
i think finishing 4th in his first full season at the club entitles the man to another season in charge,lets just wait and see where we are come december time. changing manager every 18 months is not the answer.

Im sure yogi will get it sorted and hopefully we will still see 2 or 3 more new signings,centre half a priority as hogg has been awful for ages.

Normally, yes. The problem from what I could see was that other managers took a tumble to how Hibs were playing and Hughes was unable to out fox them once this had happened. Given that we appear to be pretty much the same as we were in the second half of last year, I reckon that we can expect more of the same (if not worse).

We should at least have been contenders in that European tie.

BEEJ
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't know how information flows in a football team but surely it must be at least partially two-way? What I mean is that if the players all hate what the manager is doing, can they not suggest a different approach? I'm not talking about rebellion.

I guess at the end of the day I feel that the team on the pitch and the management team on the sidelines are all accountable at some level - I don't know that it's always clear that someone is 100% at fault. The manager plans, the players do. If the players cannot follow instructions then shame on them. If the manager won't listen to constructive criticism from his players, shame on him.
The communication with the team is vitally important and is usually conducted via the captain.

I recall that we were advised in the spring that 'clear the air talks' were held at which players were given the opportunity to air their concerns to the management team. So far, so good.

However, one of Yogi's apparent qualities is his aptitude to be stubborn. If the points being made by the players are ignored and the same tactics / formation result in no apparent improvement on the pitch, what are the players to do then? Must be frustrating for them also.

California-Hibs
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM

:agree: Yep. Calling for Yogi to be sacked is laughable.

smithyhibee1875
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
i admit i get frustated with yogi sometimes but to say he should resign when the season hasn't started is madness :bitchy:

:top marks

HibsMax
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
The communication with the team is vitally important and is usually conducted via the captain.

I recall that we were advised in the spring that 'clear the air talks' were held at which players were given the opportunity to air their concerns to the management team. So far, so good.

However, one of Yogi's apparent qualities is his aptitude to be stubborn. If the points being made by the players are ignored and the same tactics / formation result in no apparent improvement on the pitch, what are the players to do then? Must be frustrating for them also.
Agreed. I think the manager is there to manage the team but nobody is infallible and hopefully Yogi is being less stubborn about things than he appears to be (from reading here I mean).

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
:agree: Yep. Calling for Yogi to be sacked is laughable.

Based on what exactly, I'd love to have my opinion changed, but I can see no facts that will change my mind so far??:confused:

basehibby
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM

What a load of utter gash :bitchy:

Hughes didn't manage to get us through to the next round in Europe - but what you fail miserably to acknowledge is that he DID manage to get us there in the first place (for the first time in how many years???).

Fair enough there was a serious slump in form in the latter part of last season - IF that continues into this new season then there may be a case for changing the manager - two games against a relatively unknown quantity in Maribor comes nowhere near to enough evidence to suggest that is the case.

Zazu62
08-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Give him a chance to turn it round ffs.

EX Hibs captain aswell.

Steve-O
08-08-2010, 07:39 AM
For those who are saying its too early yadda yadda yadda, IMO it is pretty obvious that in 3 months time you will all be saying the same thing.

Get rid.

bighairyfaeleith
08-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Give him a chance to turn it round ffs.

EX Hibs captain aswell.

I admire your loyalty, but why does him being an ex hibs captain matter?

I would argue that he has had six months and a transfer window to turn it around and has failed.

HFC 0-7
08-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Hughes didn't manage to get us through to the next round in Europe - but what you fail miserably to acknowledge is that he DID manage to get us there in the first place (for the first time in how many years???).

Fair enough there was a serious slump in form in the latter part of last season - IF that continues into this new season then there may be a case for changing the manager - two games against a relatively unknown quantity in Maribor comes nowhere near to enough evidence to suggest that is the case.

No one is forgetting that we were in Europe and that Yogi got us there, but what you are failing to realise is how bad our form actually is, and how much Yogi can get it wrong.

Since February hibs have played 21 competative games winning only 4 and losing 13! We scored 33 goals in 21 games which isnt but but losing 47 in 21 games is a total nightmare.

Lets not forget some of the results in these 21 games.

5-1 loss to St Johnstone
4-2 Loss to Dundee Utd
4-1 Loss to Hamilton
2-2 draw with Ross Country at home
2-1 Defeat by Ross County away
6-6 Draw with Motherwell after being 6-3 up.
3-0 defeat to Maribor
3-2 defeat to maribor resulting in a 6-2 aggregate loss.

Looking at other things that Yogi should be able to turn to his advantage things like home games, well in the last 10 home games hibs have only won 2 games and that was against Kilmarnock and Montrose.

Bearing these things in mind, for 21 games (half a season) we have been a mess. Relegation form, terrible results, out the cup to a first division team when its our best chance in years, yes we got into europe but by the skin of our teeth, we went from challenging the title, to splitting the old firm, to a solid 3rd then scraping 4th. The writing has been on the wall that its getting worse and worse.

How can you defend that!?

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 09:26 AM

And also from your part, WHAT A LOAD O UTTER GASH!

This post is absolutely nout to do with the Maribor game, and im sure all the people who agree on my point will also say that this is purely down to the complete "utter gash" football we have been playing for 7 MONTHS, not just two legs of our pathetic stint in europe! :bye:

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 09:29 AM
[/CODE]
No one is forgetting that we were in Europe and that Yogi got us there, but what you are failing to realise is how bad our form actually is, and how much Yogi can get it wrong.

Since February hibs have played 21 competative games winning only 4 and losing 13! We scored 33 goals in 21 games which isnt but but losing 47 in 21 games is a total nightmare.

5-1 loss to St Johnstone
4-2 Loss to Dundee Utd
4-1 Loss to Hamilton
3-0 defeat to Maribor

Looking at other things that Yogi should be able to turn to his advantage things like home games, well in the last 10 home games hibs have only won 2 games and that was against Kilmarnock and Montrose.

Bearing these things in mind, for 21 games (half a season) we have been a mess. Relegation form, terrible results, out the cup to a first division team when its our best chance in years, yes we got into europe but by the skin of our teeth, we went from challenging the title, to splitting the old firm, to a solid 3rd then scraping 4th. The writing has been on the wall that its getting worse and worse.

I knew someone would hit the facts! :agree: But wasnt it 4-1 to D Utd? And we were also 6-2 up on Motherwell before our disaster happened. Won't even start on the trip to Perth, mannnn that gave me nightmares!

bingo70
08-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Based on what exactly, I'd love to have my opinion changed, but I can see no facts that will change my mind so far??:confused:

If it's facts your after then he finished 4th in the league and got us into europe after taking over a hopeless Mixu team, that there is a fact and that's why he doesn't deserve to be sacked before the season has even started.

Ok, our form at the end of the season wasn't acceptable and if it continues then he'll be punted, however talk of sacking him before the season has even started is ridiculous.

weonlywon6-2
08-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I honestly can't see it, unless there is some sort of dramatic turnaround. We have had apalling results since January and I see nothing to suggest the team is playing any differently.

if we get of to a poor start in the first half dozen games then it will be going crazy on here for him to quit.

as much as i would like to see it work out for him,at the moment i just dont see it happening .

i believe we have good enough players to compete well, but for some reason it aint working.

we are all just very frustrated with things just now

bingo70
08-08-2010, 09:42 AM

5-1 loss to St Johnstone
4-2 Loss to Dundee Utd
4-1 Loss to Hamilton
3-0 defeat to Maribor

You can't defend that run of form, it was unacceptable, however if we were going to sack him for it then the time to do it would have been at the end of the season, not a week before the season starts.

If it continues into the new season then i'll agree, however doing it a week before the season starts? that'd be ridiculous.

bighairyfaeleith
08-08-2010, 10:17 AM
You can't defend that run of form, it was unacceptable, however if we were going to sack him for it then the time to do it would have been at the end of the season, not a week before the season starts.

If it continues into the new season then i'll agree, however doing it a week before the season starts? that'd be ridiculous.

Is it better to be hunting for a new manager after the transfer window has closed though and you are two months in to the season, with most good managers in jobs?

bingo70
08-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Is it better to be hunting for a new manager after the transfer window has closed though and you are two months in to the season, with most good managers in jobs?

If we were going to sack him it would have been at the end of the season though not a week before the season starts so why not just get behind him, for at least the first couple of weeks of the season to see how it goes?

No-one wanted shot of Mixu more than me, IMO he was up there with Duffy as the worst managers in my lifetime, however even i wouldn't have been calling for his head a week before the season starts.

What worries me is the hysterical reaction we're going to get after every single defeat this season.

bighairyfaeleith
08-08-2010, 10:28 AM
If we were going to sack him it would have been at the end of the season though not a week before the season starts so why not just get behind him, for at least the first couple of weeks of the season to see how it goes?

No-one wanted shot of Mixu more than me, IMO he was up there with Duffy as the worst managers in my lifetime, however even i wouldn't have been calling for his head a week before the season starts.

What worries me is the hysterical reaction we're going to get after every single defeat this season.

TBF I think if the defeats are sporadic then that won't happen, however...

bingo70
08-08-2010, 10:30 AM
TBF I think if the defeats are sporadic then that won't happen, however...

I think you wrong, we went about 15 games unbeaten last season and after the first one people were going mental so assuming we don't go on a run like that again i think it's fair to say Yogi won't get a fair crack of the whip this season.

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I think you wrong, we went about 15 games unbeaten last season and after the first one people were going mental so assuming we don't go on a run like that again i think it's fair to say Yogi won't get a fair crack of the whip this season.

I agree with your point mate. I do realise this time is not ideal, but i did make the point of it never is ideal, regardless of when it happens. Yogi won't get a fair crack if we get off to a horrendous start because in my opinion he doesn't deserve one anyway. The year 2010 has been horrific for Hibernian, and here's hoping he can do something to change that before its too late for our club and him personally.

bingo70
08-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with your point mate. I do realise this time is not ideal, but i did make the point of it never is ideal, regardless of when it happens. Yogi won't get a fair crack if we get off to a horrendous start because in my opinion he doesn't deserve one anyway. The year 2010 has been horrific for Hibernian, and here's hoping he can do something to change that before its too late for our club and him personally.

At the end of the season, when the season is effectively over or when we're on a poor run of form is when to get rid of the manager, not a week before the season starts.

Brizo
08-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Its a funny old game. If our wins and losses had been spread out over last season ie win / lose/ win / lose then a final 4th spot would I think have been more recognised as an achievment. And strangely if we hadnt finished 4th but in Motherwells position im guessing we might well still be in the Europa.

But theres no getting away from the fact that the second half of last season was uniformly poor and that apart from the first 20 minutes in the second leg of the Maribor match we were dire against them. How they progress in the tournament will show how good they were and how bad we were altho im thinking its pretty much 50/50.

Yogi has a philosophy which appears to my untrained eye to involve playing possession fitba at the back and in midfield before releasing it to a forward player. That only works if you have defenders and midfielders who can make that killer pass and forwards with movement off the ball. Fact is our possession fitba usually ends up with a hoof up the park to the opposition and niether Nish or the seemingly exempt from criticism Stokesy show that movement. Yogi also wants to play through the middle which is ok if your Arsenal with Arsenal style players but in our case ends up congested with no scope for an outball and we then get picked off by fitter and more physical midfielders. Bottom line imo is that Yogis stubbornness and sizeable ego puts this philosophy before the players capabilities. And and as at Falkirk he will put this philosophy before a pragmatic approach which plays to the players strengths.

Off the pitch East Mains is being criminally under used and theres an alleged culture in the dressing room which has caused serious tensions between certain players. It seems that despite his Leithy boy image Yogi isnt as strong a man manager as most would have thought him to be. And unfortunately dealing with todays "professionals" theres no mileage in being their pal.

Yogis a thoroughly decent guy , passionate about Hibs , and always willing to do stuff in the community outwith his job remit. Unfortunately the single mindedness which let him make a great playing career out of limited ability could be his downfall as a manager as I cant see him putting the players capabilities and strengths first and his philosophy second

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Its a funny old game. If our wins and losses had been spread out over last season ie win / lose/ win / lose then a final 4th spot would I think have been more recognised as an achievment. And strangely if we hadnt finished 4th but in Motherwells position im guessing we might well still be in the Europa.

But theres no getting away from the fact that the second half of last season was uniformly poor and that apart from the first 20 minutes in the second leg of the Maribor match we were dire against them. How they progress in the tournament will show how good they were and how bad we were altho im thinking its pretty much 50/50.

Yogi has a philosophy which appears to my untrained eye to involve playing possession fitba at the back and in midfield before releasing it to a forward player. That only works if you have defenders and midfielders who can make that killer pass and forwards with movement off the ball. Fact is our possession fitba usually ends up with a hoof up the park to the opposition and niether Nish or the seemingly exempt from criticism Stokesy show that movement. Yogi also wants to play through the middle which is ok if your Arsenal with Arsenal style players but in our case ends up congested with no scope for an outball and we then get picked off by fitter and more physical midfielders. Bottom line imo is that Yogis stubbornness and sizeable ego puts this philosophy before the players capabilities. And and as at Falkirk he will put this philosophy before a pragmatic approach which plays to the players strengths.

Off the pitch East Mains is being criminally under used and theres an alleged culture in the dressing room which has caused serious tensions between certain players. It seems that despite his Leithy boy image Yogi isnt as strong a man manager as most would have thought him to be. And unfortunately dealing with todays "professionals" theres no mileage in being their pal.

Yogis a thoroughly decent guy , passionate about Hibs , and always willing to do stuff in the community outwith his job remit. Unfortunately the single mindedness which let him make a great playing career out of limited ability could be his downfall as a manager as I cant see him putting the players capabilities and strengths first and his philosophy second

Great post mate! Love the "Its a funny old game" at the start. Favourite saying between me and a family member.

Littlest Hobo
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
1. Any Manager who makes Chris Hogg his Captain and thinks he's the guy to lead by example deserves the sack as far as I'm concerned!

2. We also had a stinker of a keeper before Yogi came, now we have another two. He's made the situation worse not better.

3. Any manager who play's Colin Nish again deserves all that's coming to him. He should have been off loaded last season.

4. We were quite lucky at the start of last season because we were a new quantity to some teams. Wasn't too long before they found us out. After that we struggled to win a game.

5. Yogi found himself up against managers who knew how to set up a team against our one dimensional manager.

6. Was holding back at the end of last season thinking he'll see the obvious flaws in the team like just some of the ones I've mentioned.

7. Hey ho we go along on thursday night to find that nothing has changed and no lessons have been learned! :bitchy:

THE MANAGER NEEDS TO GO IN MY OPINION, BUT HEY WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW?

basehibby
08-08-2010, 01:00 PM
The transfer windown is still open. Someone new coming in could possibly get a couple of signings. Would you rather we stay with yogi and start the season with relegation form then bring in a manager that has to pull us up the league when the transfer window is shut?

Wait until Christmas with Yogi at the helm and the season is over and we could possibly be relegation fodder.

Wait until then end of the season with Yogi at the helm and we could be finding a new manager for a team playing in division 1! Think I am over reacting? Well have a look at our form since the 4-1 defeat from rangers in December, that form was truely relegation form. Nothing Yogi has done in the closed season annd in the 2 european games shows that he has turned anything around. The more we wait the harder it will be to get a decent manager, if we wait until christmas the team could be at the bottom of the league, hardly a good prospect for any manager. Get a new manager in now, they have some of the transfer windown open and everything to play for. we have a decent team, a couple of weak positions but a new manager could possibly solve that. Yogi looks like he cant solve anything at the moment. If he has Hibs best interests at heart then he should have a look at himself, say sorry for the recent form and tactical blunders and leave quietly.

I really wish folk would do at least a modicum of research before spouting fountains of gratuitously negative pish!

FACT 1 - The relegated teams in the SPL over the last 10 years have averaged a total return over the season of 28 points - with by far the highest total of 37 points being returned by Inverness CT in 07/08.

FACT 2 - In the period quoted above which included a higher proportion of games against higher placed teams, Hibs managed 22 points over 22 league games - which would average out over a season at 38 points. ERGO NOT "truly relegation form" as claimed - even if leaving a lot to be desired.

In the close season the manager has made a couple of signings - one of whom shows every sign of being the sort of quality experienced pro the team has been crying out for - the other of whom is by all accounts a real good prospect - at the same time only fringe players have been moved on - Conclusion??? - the squad has been strengthened even if only slightly - therefore Hughes DOES appear to have made some progress with the squad.

I appreciate the doubts some have over Hughes' tactical abilities - he hasn't impressed me overmuch in that department either although I've seen worse. That isn't the whole story as far as football management is concerned though - strength of character is an important attribute as well - an attribute which would would eliminate as an option walking out at the first sign of trouble as the ludicrous OP has suggested.

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 01:01 PM
1. Any Manager who makes Chris Hogg his Captain and thinks he's the guy to lead by example deserves the sack as far as I'm concerned!

2. We also had a stinker of a keeper before Yogi came, now we have another two. He's made the situation worse not better.

3. Any manager who play's Colin Nish again deserves all that's coming to him. He should have been off loaded last season.

4. We were quite lucky at the start of last season because we were a new quantity to some teams. Wasn't too long before they found us out. After that we struggled to win a game.

5. Yogi found himself up against managers who knew how to set up a team against our one dimensional manager.

6. Was holding back at the end of last season thinking he'll see the obvious flaws in the team like just some of the ones I've mentioned.

7. Hey ho we go along on thursday night to find that nothing has changed and no lessons have been learned! :bitchy:

THE MANAGER NEEDS TO GO IN MY OPINION, BUT HEY WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW?

Yeah mate, but he should stay as its..

ridiculous, laughable, utter pish, joke ... that sacking the manager should even be considered.

bingo70
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah mate, but he should stay as its..

ridiculous, laughable, utter pish, joke ... that sacking the manager should even be considered.

.....a week before the season starts.

I can understand the calls for Yogi to go and if we don't have a decent start to the season i'll probably join them as well, i don't think the debate here is if he should go or not, i think it's if he should go a week before the season starts, and IMO he shouldn't

Littlest Hobo
08-08-2010, 01:19 PM
.....a week before the season starts.

I can understand the calls for Yogi to go and if we don't have a decent start to the season i'll probably join them as well, i don't think the debate here is if he should go or not, i think it's if he should go a week before the season starts, and IMO he shouldn't

Looking for some sort of miracle to happen then are we? Because as far as I can see, the same old players (HOGG and NISH) are still part of his big plans. The goalkeeping situation still isn't at all clear? (Bananaa footed Smith) or will it be( The Vampire Stack ) Who likes to stay on his line and scared of crosses. Or will it be the other (BROWN)were ever he happens to be?

Will it be the same old lump it up to Nish tactics? (YES)
Has the manager learned how to actually set up his team yet?(NO) Will he beable to change it if we happen to lose a goal or two? (NO)

Will he keep coming out and admitting he got it wrong then? (probably) :bye:

bingo70
08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Looking for some sort of miracle to happen then are we? Because as far as I can see, the same old players (HOGG and NISH) are still part of his big plans. The goalkeeping situation still isn't at all clear? (Bananaa footed Smith) or will it be( The Vampire Stack ) Who likes to stay on his line and scared of crosses. Or will it be the other (BROWN)were ever he happens to be?

Will it be the same old lump it up to Nish tactics? (YES)
Has the manager learned how to actually set up his team yet?(NO) Will he beable to change it if we happen to lose a goal or two? (NO)

Will he keep coming out and admitting he got it wrong then? (probably) :bye:

Aye, thats what it is, it's a miracle i'm after :rolleyes:

I had concerns over Yogi towards the end of the season as well and although i want him to stay i wouldn't have shed a tear if he'd gone then, there's lots of things i he does that i don't agree with, however a week before the season starts isn't the right time to change a manger, if we were going to do it at all it would have been at the end of the season, not now.

The fact he got us into europe means he deserves the chance to get it right this season

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I think one thing this does prove tho is that not alot of people have faith in him that's for sure..

Pedantic_Hibee
08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Poor timing on an epic scale. If we were gonna do it then it should have been done straight after the final whistle at Tannadice.

Not now, not after backing him in the summer and letting him continue to mould the team into the shape he wants (which alarmingly looks much the same shape as it was last season).

After ten SPL games, if we're playing pish and struggling to get points on the board then yes, bring someone in which gives them the time to rescue a season. But not now, certainly not now.

basehibby
08-08-2010, 01:43 PM

5-1 loss to St Johnstone
4-2 Loss to Dundee Utd
4-1 Loss to Hamilton
3-0 defeat to Maribor

I'm not forgetting anything - I was at many of these games.

For me though it's a new season and a fresh start. The Maribor results were not good but the season lasts a lot longer than that.

Thankfully we have a steady hand on the tiller who is not likely to go firing managers at the drop of a hat - Hughes will get his chance to shine regardless of the garbage posted here and elsewhere by the baying mob.

basehibby
08-08-2010, 01:45 PM
And also from your part, WHAT A LOAD O UTTER GASH!

This post is absolutely nout to do with the Maribor game, and im sure all the people who agree on my point will also say that this is purely down to the complete "utter gash" football we have been playing for 7 MONTHS, not just two legs of our pathetic stint in europe! :bye:

:bye: in triplicate

Pedantic_Hibee
08-08-2010, 01:45 PM
As per Ell Chrisso's last post (I still can't get PC mode on the iPad....sort it mods!), I've still got faith in Yogi, but the well of goodwill can only run so deep. I hope and pray he gets it right.

snooky
08-08-2010, 01:50 PM

:applause: Good post!

Phil D. Rolls
08-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I really wish folk would do at least a modicum of research before spouting fountains of gratuitously negative pish!

FACT 1 - The relegated teams in the SPL over the last 10 years have averaged a total return over the season of 28 points - with by far the highest total of 37 points being returned by Inverness CT in 07/08.

FACT 2 - In the period quoted above which included a higher proportion of games against higher placed teams, Hibs managed 22 points over 22 league games - which would average out over a season at 38 points. ERGO NOT "truly relegation form" as claimed - even if leaving a lot to be desired.

In the close season the manager has made a couple of signings - one of whom shows every sign of being the sort of quality experienced pro the team has been crying out for - the other of whom is by all accounts a real good prospect - at the same time only fringe players have been moved on - Conclusion??? - the squad has been strengthened even if only slightly - therefore Hughes DOES appear to have made some progress with the squad.

I appreciate the doubts some have over Hughes' tactical abilities - he hasn't impressed me overmuch in that department either although I've seen worse. That isn't the whole story as far as football management is concerned though - strength of character is an important attribute as well - an attribute which would would eliminate as an option walking out at the first sign of trouble as the ludicrous OP has suggested.

There is no place for logic on this board (IMHO). :greengrin

Besides an away win at a Premiership club is surely enough to have people changing their opinions? I know I have.

Next week: why Yogi must go after all.

HFC 0-7
08-08-2010, 04:12 PM

You just keeping taking the happy pills! Its relegation form, if we play like that over the season we will be fighting relegation.

If you look at my other posts I looked at current form being from February, although I do think hibs form since december has been bad.

Falkirk played 17 league games since february, taking 17 points. Hibs played 16 league games since February taking 12 points. I would say 17 or 16 games is more than enough to say current form.

What has Yogi done to prove that he has turned around?

How can a manager go from one of the best runs in the clubs recent history to one of the worst?

What has Yogi done to prove he has got it? He is tactically inept. So what if you can get good players into the team if you dont play them correctly!

Whats the point of knowing your pitch will be 4 metres wider than the previous season and doing nothing to use it?

Yogi doesnt have a clue, I am gutted that its the case as I wanted him to succeed but he is useless. I will wonder where you are hiding later in the season when Yogi is continuing playing rubbish tactics, playing the wrong players and spouting nonsence in the press.

What has Yogi done to prove that he is the man for the job? Forget about getting us into europe as those results and form were ages ago! What positives can you share with us that you see in yogi?

hibee_nation
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
You just keeping taking the happy pills! Its relegation form, if we play like that over the season we will be fighting relegation.

If you look at my other posts I looked at current form being from February, although I do think hibs form since december has been bad.

Falkirk played 17 league games since february, taking 17 points. Hibs played 16 league games since February taking 12 points. I would say 17 or 16 games is more than enough to say current form.

What has Yogi done to prove that he has turned around?

How can a manager go from one of the best runs in the clubs recent history to one of the worst?

What has Yogi done to prove he has got it? He is tactically inept. So what if you can get good players into the team if you dont play them correctly!

Whats the point of knowing your pitch will be 4 metres wider than the previous season and doing nothing to use it?

Yogi doesnt have a clue, I am gutted that its the case as I wanted him to succeed but he is useless. I will wonder where you are hiding later in the season when Yogi is continuing playing rubbish tactics, playing the wrong players and spouting nonsence in the press.

What has Yogi done to prove that he is the man for the job? Forget about getting us into europe as those results and form were ages ago! What positives can you share with us that you see in yogi?

You are so desperate in your arguments you are starting to sound like a yam fud, not the first time this has been levelled at you, not that i think you are mind. :rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
08-08-2010, 05:00 PM
You are so desperate in your arguments you are starting to sound like a yam fud, not the first time this has been levelled at you, not that i think you are mind. :rolleyes:

When has this ever been levelled at me? Yes I am desperate, desperate not to see any of that rubbish that Yogi calls a game plan every week! You can PM me before the rangers match if you want and I will meet you. I will gladly prove to you that I am no Yam. I will be sitting in the east if the stand is ready, if not I will be in the FF.

hibee_nation
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
When has this ever been levelled at me? Yes I am desperate, desperate not to see any of that rubbish that Yogi calls a game plan every week! You can PM me before the rangers match if you want and I will meet you. I will gladly prove to you that I am no Yam. I will be sitting in the east if the stand is ready, if not I will be in the FF.

I think you will see if you read my post again i state i do not think you are. Will gladly meet you for a pint before the huns game as long as you promise to cheer up. :wink:

HFC 0-7
08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you will see if you read my post again i state i do not think you are. Will gladly meet you for a pint before the huns game as long as you promise to cheer up. :wink:

I will only cheer up if Hibs winning, or at least show signs of improvement. At the very least a player that wants the ball wide and runs at defenders!

Apologies, but as you can probably see I love the Hibs and when I dont like what I see, I rant!

hibee_nation
08-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I will only cheer up if Hibs winning, or at least show signs of improvement. At the very least a player that wants the ball wide and runs at defenders!

Apologies, but as you can probably see I love the Hibs and when I dont like what I see, I rant!

I gave up ranting at Hibs, it is a futile waste of time. I still hurt as much when we are crap but just enjoy the good times, i find it much easier this way. The good times are getting fewer and fewer as i get older though. :boo hoo:

basehibby
08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
You just keeping taking the happy pills! Its relegation form, if we play like that over the season we will be fighting relegation. I think it's you that needs a course of happy pills mate.

If you look at my other posts I looked at current form being from February, although I do think hibs form since december has been bad. Well you should have said that then

Falkirk played 17 league games since february, taking 17 points. Hibs played 16 league games since February taking 12 points. I would say 17 or 16 games is more than enough to say current form. That period was attrocious - and I too am looking for a vast improvement in this new season.

What has Yogi done to prove that he has turned around? Gie him a chance FFS!

How can a manager go from one of the best runs in the clubs recent history to one of the worst? Loss of Zemama didn't help but I too was left scratching my head - glad you've acknowledged Hughes achievement prior to the slump though.

What has Yogi done to prove he has got it? He is tactically inept. So what if you can get good players into the team if you dont play them correctly! So What?!?!? Collins had some good tactical ideas but brought in a mass of huddies and couldn't seem to man-manage them - he didn't have the full package of managerial skills and Hughes also has his weaknesses.
What has Yogi done to prove he's got it? Easy - got the club into Europe at the first time of asking.

Whats the point of knowing your pitch will be 4 metres wider than the previous season and doing nothing to use it? We've played ONE game on it - like I said gie him a chance FFS

What has Yogi done to prove that he is the man for the job? Forget about getting us into europe as those results and form were ages ago! What positives can you share with us that you see in yogi? Sorry - I'm not prepared to forget that - why? because it's actually relevant to the man keeping his job - ie meeting stated objectives. Positives I see in Yogi:

Good eye for a player
leadership qualities
man management
vision

In summary, Yogi still has a lot to prove but he has earned the right to prove it - guys like you don't seem to be willing to give him that chance - well that's plain wrong in my book. If we're a dozen games into the season and playing like relegation candidates then maybe I'll change my mind and you can bathe in the reflected glory of your crystal ball. Until that happens he has my 100% backing!

Kaiser1962
08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I think one thing this does prove tho is that not alot of people have faith in him that's for sure..

Would anybody else fare any better? We would hound Mourinho out so we would. I think some on here think we should have been in the frame for Joe Cole. And if we had signed him would still be greetin about where he would play. Fair enough vent steam when we get beat but after three-four days reality should have set in a bit.

Phil D. Rolls
08-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Would anybody else fare any better? We would hound Mourinho out so we would. I think some on here think we should have been in the frame for Joe Cole. And if we had signed him would still be greetin about where he would play. Fair enough vent steam when we get beat but after three-four days reality should have set in a bit.

Look at Motherwell last season changed manager half way and have done well since. Sticking with the same guy isn't always the answer, after all we stuck with Duff Jimmy.

Facts are facts, Yogi goes into this campaign with something to prove. To pretend he has been flawless is just sticking our head in the sand.

I agree about some people never being happy though - just have a look at some of the garbage about Mowbray elsewhere on this forum.

Kaiser1962
08-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Never said he was flawless and we do have problems. And lets be honest if we appointed Pa Broon this place would be up in arms. He makes Bertie Auld look reckless. I remember him when he played five centre half's in a scottish team.

Look at Motherwell last season changed manager half way and have done well since. Sticking with the same guy isn't always the answer, after all we stuck with Duff Jimmy.

Facts are facts, Yogi goes into this campaign with something to prove. To pretend he has been flawless is just sticking our head in the sand.

I agree about some people never being happy though - just have a look at some of the garbage about Mowbray elsewhere on this forum.

HFC 0-7
08-08-2010, 08:38 PM

In summary, Yogi still has a lot to prove but he has earned the right to prove it - guys like you don't seem to be willing to give him that chance - well that's plain wrong in my book. If we're a dozen games into the season and playing like relegation candidates then maybe I'll change my mind and you can bathe in the reflected glory of your crystal ball. Until that happens he has my 100% backing!

Good eye for a player
leadership qualities
man management
vision

Good eye for a player yes, I will give him that.

Leadershipr qualities? Nah, dont think so. I think its something he prides himself on but something I think he lacks. If he has leadership qualities surely he should know what is needed to be a leader? Giving Hogg the captains arm band? Never a leader. He isnt leading the team properly, his idea of the way football should be played is correct, but what he needs is the players to do so. When your a leader you need to be able to see the abilities your dealing with and use them to your advantage.

Man management? dont know about that one. The players looked very down in the second half of last season. I can remember Yogi after almost each bad result through that performance saying the players need a cuddle, they need confidence etc etc. All very good points from him but if he has good man management skills surely he must sort that?

Vision? Yogi as no vision other than watching the world cup on TV and seeing spain winning the world cup and deciding Hibs should play that way. Yogi has not fully addressed the positions that are weak in the hibs team, he cant see how to change a game when things are going wrong and he cant see where to play a player. Yogi knows how the game should be played if he had the players to do it, he can bring in good players that are available. He cant play a system that benefits the squad and suits their abilities.

basehibby
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Good eye for a player
leadership qualities
man management
vision

Good eye for a player yes, I will give him that.

Leadershipr qualities? Nah, dont think so. I think its something he prides himself on but something I think he lacks. If he has leadership qualities surely he should know what is needed to be a leader? Giving Hogg the captains arm band? Never a leader. He isnt leading the team properly, his idea of the way football should be played is correct, but what he needs is the players to do so. When your a leader you need to be able to see the abilities your dealing with and use them to your advantage.

Man management? dont know about that one. The players looked very down in the second half of last season. I can remember Yogi after almost each bad result through that performance saying the players need a cuddle, they need confidence etc etc. All very good points from him but if he has good man management skills surely he must sort that?

Vision? Yogi as no vision other than watching the world cup on TV and seeing spain winning the world cup and deciding Hibs should play that way. Yogi has not fully addressed the positions that are weak in the hibs team, he cant see how to change a game when things are going wrong and he cant see where to play a player. Yogi knows how the game should be played if he had the players to do it, he can bring in good players that are available. He cant play a system that benefits the squad and suits their abilities.

.......In your opinion.

I belive hughes HAS good man management and leadership qualities - I suppose that's a bit subjective though so I'll leave that aside. (On the plus side though he managed to rally the side to stumble over the line last season without having them all round Petrie's hoose for a moanathon).

Certainly he has a vision for what he wants to see at Hibs and considerable drive and determination (and commitment) to see it through.

Some people don't like the way he talks to the fans in the press - well I DO - he may come out with his share of management waffle but also clearly states his objectives and generaly has an open style.

A lot of stock is put into his "choice" of captain by his critics when all he did was retain Hogg in the role. Murray was the other stand out for the role, but what happened the last time he was captain??? (answers on a postcard) Dunno if that affected Hughes' thinking but it certainly did mine.

Another point you are holding up to damn Hughes with is that he's not fully addressed the weaknesses in the team - yet he undeniably HAS had a good go at it:
We needed a RB - he got one
We needed to strengthen central defence - good signing made there (admitedly could possibly do more here)
We needed to sort out our keeper problem - we now have THREE experienced keepers to chose from.
We needed some experience in the team - De Graff was signed who also offers a goalscoring threat.
Obviously there's still work to be done but your assertion that he has somehow let us down in the transfer market is frankly laughable.

Conversely to you, who seemingly refuse to acknowledge anything at all positive about our manager, I'll admit that he does seem to be a bit weak tactically.

Whether this outweighs his qualities is something we'll just have to wait and see - but as previously stated he has certainly earned the chance to prove that by getting the club into Europe for the first time in about 5 years at the first time of asking (your assertion that this doesn't matter is also a (bad and unfunny) joke).

He has also IMO earned the right to a wee bit of patience from guys like you - he stated right at the start of his tenure that this would be required - how about trying some for size???

.Sean.
08-08-2010, 09:52 PM
pile of pure ***** from the op.

Ell_Chrisso
23-09-2010, 12:23 AM
pile of pure ***** from the op.

I rest my case...