PDA

View Full Version : Are we too old?

Billy Whizz
06-08-2010, 08:44 PM
A 30 year old and two 29 year old's in our midfield engine room.
2 oldish full backs. I know every team needs experience but I think we need a few younger players in our team.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing when teenage kicks was getting played before the match :wink:

down the slope
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Wait till your my age !, if weir can still play at Rangers then they are not to old.

keep the faith
06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
We are not too old, but we are too slow.

There is absolutely no players with pace in that team and the football we play is slow too. Honestly its sticking out and teams are going to love playing against us. We signpost everything.

snooky
06-08-2010, 10:41 PM
"Are We Too Old?"
Strangely I was thinking along the same lines today.
Not only fitness but about image and general enthusiasm - i.e. 'the buzz'.
When we had the Golden Generation there was a electricity in the air similar to Man U in their Becks/Scholes/Giggs era. They attracted a youth following and as a result the energy that goes with it. Apart from Spoony and Hanlon (and, if I'm honest here, neither of them are George Besties), there's nobody else, except maybe Deeks however he's a responsible faither now.
We need to be like Dr Who and regenerate.
Get them all in that Polis Box now!

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing when teenage kicks was getting played before the match :wink:

The song playing when we entered the ground was one step beyond by madness, made me chuckle at the time. :greengrin

Toaods
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
The speaker above my section wasn't working properly so I assumed they were playing BLOCKBUSTER by The Sweet, as loads of punters were jumping up and down shouting Chou just have got a clue what to do...'