PDA

View Full Version : Worst Half Time Entertainment of the Season

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a feeling that last night's effort with a bunch of people dragged from the pie stands waving flags as the team came out will take some topping. I honestly didn't think he could sink lower than getting six year old kids to humiliate themselves trying to run 50 yards in 10 seconds.

Seems our man has hidden depths we couldn't have dreamt of. The only thing worse than last night would be tying up a malnourished third world child and getting obese Scottish kids to eat pies in front of it.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was a wise idea to put thoughts like that in people's head.

glenn6270
06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling that last night's effort with a bunch of people dragged from the pie stands waving flags as the team came out will take some topping. I honestly didn't think he could sink lower than getting six year old kids to humiliate themselves trying to run 50 yards in 10 seconds.

Seems our man has hidden depths we couldn't have dreamt of. The only thing worse than last night would be tying up a malnourished third world child and getting obese Scottish kids to eat pies in front of it.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was a wise idea to put thoughts like that in people's head.

who is he

(((Fergus)))
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
FR sadly another thought you've given me is of half-time entertainment involving John 'Yogi' Hughes and several members of the Taliban.

Keith_M
06-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Must have missed this, too busy in the 20 minute queue for a coffee. Anyway, who's the he you're referring to? Surely this isn't Yogi's fault. :wink:

What about the cringeworthy Delia Smith impersonator before the game. I'd say that was almost the worst thing of the whole night.

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 06:16 PM
that might be the level of persuasion required to get him to play wingers on the wings and to stop giving such awful post match interviews.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:13 PM
FR sadly another thought you've given me is of half-time entertainment involving John 'Yogi' Hughes and several members of the Taliban.

Not another Taliban.net thread? I thought we were over that. :greengrin

For information the "he" to whom I refer is our stadium announcer and entertainments officer. The only plus about him organising that farce at the tunnell was that he was nowhere near the decks and couldn't play Sunshine on Leith.

Actually there were some damn good tracks played last night.

hibbymac
06-08-2010, 07:22 PM

For information the "he" to whom I refer is our stadium announcer and entertainments officer. The only plus about him organising that farce at the tunnell was that he was nowhere near the decks and couldn't play Sunshine on Leith.

:agree: WTF was that all about?? about 20 randoms (no disrespect to the individuals who were on the pitch), and 3 flags between them all. Looked a bit pathetic.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
:agree: WTF was that all about?? about 20 randoms (no disrespect to the individuals who were on the pitch), and 3 flags between them all. Looked a bit pathetic.

A new low. Was it anything to do with these people who are trying to get a Hibs ultras movement going? Great advert if it was.

thebakerboy
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I noticed this last night and thought it was totally pathetic. A good idea not properly thought through. If we are going to do this sort of thing it needs to be done properly or not at all. Get them all dressed the same , line them up tallest to smallest and give them all flags and don't have them standing there for 10mins. before teams come out. It could have looked good but actually looked cheap and nasty ,NOT HIBS QUALITY.:grr::grr::grr:

hibbymac
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
A new low. Was it anything to do with these people who are trying to get a Hibs ultras movement going? Great advert if it was.

:dunno: ... but as thebakerboy states below, ....... if yer gonna do it, do it right ( could be a good line in a song :hmmm: ) edit: ... or a bad line in a song.

I noticed this last night and thought it was totally pathetic. A good idea not properly thought through. If we are going to do this sort of thing it needs to be done properly or not at all. Get them all dressed the same , line them up tallest to smallest and give them all flags and don't have them standing there for 10mins. before teams come out. It could have looked good but actually looked cheap and nasty ,NOT HIBS QUALITY.:grr::grr::grr:

:agree:

At The Edge
06-08-2010, 08:11 PM

:agree: Thought the omens were looking good when i walked into the stand to the sound of the Clash :thumbsup:

stevie-bee
06-08-2010, 08:20 PM
What was the song the players came out to,not exactly a jumping tune they should have had sunshine on to get the crowd going not some techno keek

heretoday
06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hibs have never done half-time entertainment well. Modesty forbids me to describe in detail the majorette experiment many moons ago. Suffice to say that grown men still shudder at the memory and reach for strong drink.

There have been penalty competitions, kids football games etc. The whole thing has been tinged with embarassment more often than not.

Perhaps the Salvation Army band could be invited to do a turn. Judging by recent events some of the Hibs squad may be in need of their ministrations soon.

Aubenas
06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
We need to get back to the polis alsatian chasing the guy with the padded arm in his jacket -
Now that was quality :rotflmao:

Removed
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
We need to get back to the polis alsatian chasing the guy with the padded arm in his jacket -

:agree: Now that takes me back :greengrin

Chuckie, next time you are in the West put a big bandage on Macar's arm, tell him free burgers in the East and shout run. I'll bring the dug :wink:

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I recall Hibs parading the Dryborough Cup at Easter Road in what can only be described as a glorified wheelbarrow which looked like it had been knocked up by a 6 year old 30 minutes before kick off. Even Dryborough was spelt incorrectly. :greengrin

Them were the days.

bob12345
06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Let's turn this into a constructive thread. What would actually be a good idea? How about skill tests for members of Hibs kids vs players not in the squad?

Removed
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Let's turn this into a constructive thread. What would actually be a good idea? How about skill tests for members of Hibs kids vs players not in the squad?

I was being constructive :greengrin

Like your idea as well though :thumbsup:

heretoday
06-08-2010, 10:26 PM

I'd like to see more animals on the pitch at ER. They needn't bother when Rangers are the visitors of course.

It was always a refreshing sight to see a stray dog taking the field and entering into the spirit of things. You don't get that now.

snooky
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see more animals on the pitch at ER. They needn't bother when Rangers are the visitors of course.

It was always a refreshing sight to see a stray dog taking the field and entering into the spirit of things. You don't get that now.

No' since Jimmy Bone hung up his bits.

The Harp
06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I recall Hibs parading the Dryborough Cup at Easter Road in what can only be described as a glorified wheelbarrow which looked like it had been knocked up by a 6 year old 30 minutes before kick off. Even Dryborough was spelt incorrectly. :greengrin

Them were the days.

Ahem ... suggest you check your own spelling of Drybrough ... :greengrin

Liamcee1994
07-08-2010, 01:06 AM
i brought the half-time entertainment by bringing a beachball :greengrin!

jon paul jones
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I dunno about half time entertainment but animals on the pitch made me think of the time I saw a fox run out onto the pitch during a game about 3-4 seasons back. It happened down at the away end by the West Stand. Ghosted past our left back ignoring the offside trap and made a bee for the exit past the St Johns crew.

log that with Joe T in the "weird things that happen at ER" list

J

calamitus
07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
What was the song the players came out to,not exactly a jumping tune they should have had sunshine on to get the crowd going not some techno keek

Don't know about kick-off, cause I got in a couple of minutes late, but after half time it was Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy, with the bit at the start that says 'We are the Prodigy' changed to 'We are Hibernian'. I thought it was a nice welcome for our guests:greengrin.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 08:51 AM

I think if they'd played Sunshine on Leith the team might have won. :agree: Always gets the place really jumping, hair on the back of your neck etc etc etc

That was definitely the last time we had a good half time show. I'm thinking November 1978 versus Hearts?

My second favourite entertainment began with a muffled announcement, a table would appear in front of the dugouts, an elderly gentleman (usually in a Crombie) would appear, round of applause from the main stand, another muffled announcement, gentleman waves again, more applause and then the table disappeared. I never got to the bottom of what that was all about!

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
The half time entertainment was a bit lame, although Grant Stotts bit before the game might have had an effect, if those of us in the upper west could actually hear what he was saying. It was just a mumbled noise, and too low a mumbled noise at that.

The club do need a better PA system, i hope the one in the new east is better.

iwasthere1972
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Ahem ... suggest you check your own spelling of Drybrough ... :greengrin

:greengrin The trophy was rank as was the beer.

NYHibby
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM

How in the world were we able to afford the new east stand if we could only afford 3 flags? Did we loan the money budgeted for the 4th flag to Hearts so they could get their new toilet?

Dirkster23
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM

The Prodigy, Invaders Must Die.

(((Fergus)))
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
The Prodigy, Invaders Must Die.

not a nice sentiment when hosting guests - ridiculous if you then just roll over and die