PDA

View Full Version : Anything But Tennent's Lager

Jack
06-08-2010, 03:05 PM
A few guys talking in the pub last night saying they wouldn’t be drinking the stuff now they are sponsoring the OF.

One of them was talking to a Tennent's rep who, arrogantly IMO, declared there is no concern in the company there will be no drop in sales.

The Hibs Supporters Club sells Tennent's :cool2:

Anyone know how to start a Facebook page, the red T with a big green cross through it as the avatar, I’ll sign up. :agree:

I’ve put it on this football forum because if they weren’t sponsoring the OF I wouldn’t be writing this!

hibeenicol
06-08-2010, 03:15 PM
A few guys talking in the pub last night saying they wouldn’t be drinking the stuff now they are sponsoring the OF.

One of them was talking to a Tennent's rep who, arrogantly IMO, declared there is no concern in the company there will be no drop in sales.

Anyone know how to start a Facebook page, the red T with a big green cross through it as the avatar, I’ll sign up. :agree:

I’ve put it on this football forum because if they weren’t sponsoring the OF I wouldn’t be writing this!

I was drinking Stella in the Hibs club last night for this very reason. :thumbsup:

MSK
06-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Wont stop me drinking Tennents lager ..im sure i can enjoy a few pints of the golden stuff without worrying about the old squirm for a few hours ..

Calvin
06-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I won't be drinking Tennents. Mainly because there are dozens of better lagers out there.

Sumner
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
fizzy lager beer?

not even if it came free out a third tap

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I must admit when Strongbow sponsored the yams i never gave it a 2nd thought (apart from renaming it Jambo Juice!), still consumed too much of it. I never all of a sudden started drinking Whyte & MacKay when they sponsored Hibs either!

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Tennents is vile gnats urine and is perfectly suitable for OF fans. Hibby's should be more discerning about what they drink. I've never touched that low-life, chemical, toxic filth, and even if they had their name on Hibs shirt I wouldn't go near it.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Don't need any excuse not to drink Tennents, TBH.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Tennents is vile gnats urine and is perfectly suitable for OF fans. Hibby's should be more discerning about what they drink. I've never touched that low-life, chemical, toxic filth, and even if they had their name on Hibs shirt I wouldn't go near it.

Come on, spit it out, say what you really think!

RoslinInstHibby
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I won't be drinking Tennents. Mainly because there are dozens of better lagers out there.

:agree:

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I went to the Loch Inn last night, first time in a long while, and it was Tennents or Carling on draught! :no way:

Judas Iscariot
06-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't drink it anyway cos it's utterly gantin :jamboak:

Hainan Hibs
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
When I was about 8 and Strongbow sponsored Hearts I took the wise decision to never taste a drop of the stuff. At the age of 21 I still never have.

I've had Tennents when I've had to but when there's another lager available I'd avoid Tennents. I'll definitely be avoiding it at all costs now.

Don't get me started on my avoidance of Carlsberg, Kit Kat and Mars Bars after their England campaigns during the World Cup.

Hanny
06-08-2010, 03:48 PM

Don't need any excuse not to drink Tennents, TBH.

I don't drink it anyway cos it's utterly gantin :jamboak:

What they said :agree:

Dreadful stuff :bitchy:

GlesgaeHibby
06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Tennents is absolutely lovely, I'll still be drinking it.

Steve20
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I like Tennents. Prefer Fosters and Kronenbourg mind.

Stella?? Now, that's pish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Tennents is unquestionably the most disgusting lager out, especially the canned version. Even Fosters is preferable though I wouldn't touch it either.

Once you've been to Prague and sampled the real Pilsner stuff, all else pales into insignificance.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Id rather drink T than the Union and Lasko or whatever it was called that the Slovs have to imbibe!

half.time.draw.
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Extra cold T poured properley from clean pipes can not be beaten, Carling however is absolute ganting, it comes out your pores after a session.:greengrin

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
tennents is bested only by Carlsberg and Carling in the putrid lager stakes. Il drink it if pushd, but it tastes of liquified cigarette butts!

Winston Ingram
06-08-2010, 05:09 PM

They deserve each other. They're both boufin:jamboak:

3pm
06-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Tnenst is mgaci.

Sent fae the pub using beer goggles.

MSK
06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
tennents is bested only by Carlsberg and Carling in the putrid lager stakes. Il drink it if pushd, but it tastes of liquified cigarette butts!Cant say ive ever tried that concoction ...

steviecarnie
06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
more places need to get Tuborg on tap, only seems to be standing order that ive seen it in, lovely stuff and its green and white labelling :)

Houchy
06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
If drinking a beer in the house, I normally go for a Peroni (3x660 bottles in Tesco just now for £5) or an American beer like Bud or Coors but had to laugh when, in the Cameo bar down Leith, they advertised on the bar "Peroni, ONLY £4.80 per Pint. At that point, it was just cheapest beer available which was Tennents but i'd rather drink anything else to be honest so went for Magners.

To be fair, My golf club cleans their pipes weekly and a pint of Ice cold after a round of golf is just about palatable.:agree:

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 05:22 PM

Pretty petty reason for boycotting a drink. I had 3 pints of the stuff last night and not once did I think about the Old Firm.

Carling sponsored the Old Firm but it didn't stop folk from drinking it in pubs and BTG. :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
My consumption will be unaffected by the OF deal. I have always thought it was rubbish beer.

degenerated
06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
i wouldn't drink it. but that's because it's absolutely gantin nowt to do with who they sponsor.

i'll stick to imported german beers like jever, haake becks, augustiner, bitburger, paulaner......etc. might cost a bit more but the lack of a sair head the morning after makes it worth it :agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I enjoy a nice, cold beer or twelve as much as the next chap, but I just can't touch Tennents. I would rather sit sipping soft drinks all night if there was no other option.

Winston Ingram
06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
i wouldn't drink it. but that's because it's absolutely gantin nowt to do with who they sponsor.

i'll stick to imported german beers like jever, haake becks, augustiner, bitburger, paulaner......etc. might cost a bit more but the lack of a sair head the morning after makes it worth it :agree:

:drool:

Have you found somewhere in Edinburgh selling this?

Winston Ingram
06-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I enjoy a nice, cold beer or twelve as much as the next chap, but I just can't touch Tennents. I would rather sit sipping soft drinks all night if there was no other option.

TowerHibs
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
more places need to get Tuborg on tap, only seems to be standing order that ive seen it in, lovely stuff and its green and white labelling :)

yeah it's decent stuff. foot o the walk and lloyds, maybe a wotherspoon connection there!!!!!

I've had more of my fair share of Lech beers resently. Decent flavour in there - 500ml bottles usually £1.70 odd

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
yeah it's decent stuff. foot o the walk and lloyds, maybe a wotherspoon connection there!!!!!

I've had more of my fair share of Lech beers resently. Decent flavour in there - 500ml bottles usually £1.70 odd

Any pubs that you wouldn't be embarassed to be seen in have it?

degenerated
06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
:drool:

Have you found somewhere in Edinburgh selling this?

i think i got it in henderson wines on comiston road, they have some fantastic independent german beers as well :agree:

if it wasnt there it was the place in portobello, the name escapes me for now though

mully_bear
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I was drinking Stella in the Hibs club last night for this very reason. :thumbsup:
surely at the age of 29 thats pretty childish.

So if pussy sponsored the OF you would never sh*g yer girlfriend/wife again ?

If you like tennents then drink it.

Bad Martini
06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
The best beer on Planet Earth is Newcastle Brown, closely followed by McEwans Export, closely followed by a decent pint of 80/. McEwans probably.

Since I cannot afford to drink Newkie Broon by the bucketload, I drank, for a long time, Tennents Lager. Pish it is. But, its cheap and does the job.

When they started sponsoring the old firm, I said **** that. Im NEVER lining the huns pockets. So, I stopped buying it. No - I won't do Wellpark Brewery out of a job BUT, I am happy in the knowledge I am giving those hun bassas nothing. Nor, those celtc bassas. Nope - it WONT Stop them in their tracks BUT, it makes me happy.

Upside; I can go drinking OTHER beers and lagers again. Note: this doesnt mean I'd necessarily support a brewer sponsoring Hibs. It just means I will do NOTHING to give the huns, directly, or indirectly, the mere sniff of my cash. *******s.

ENDOF

Holmesdale Hibs
06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't drink Tenants on the grounds that its brutal.

If I did drink Tenants I would be less likely to now they sponsor the OF but only if all things were equal, i.e. Carling/Carlsberg were the same price.

Doubt they'll see a drop in sales but it would be nice if they did and it put other people of sponsoring the OF in future.

degenerated
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
quality advert if not quite such a quality beer :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whjNr-hjr7E&feature=related

mully_bear
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
have a word with yourself pal

mully_bear
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Pretty petty reason for boycotting a drink. I had 3 pints of the stuff last night and not once did I think about the Old Firm.

Carling sponsored the Old Firm but it didn't stop folk from drinking it in pubs and BTG. :confused:
spot on this man, clearly your balls have dropped and your not stropping about like a 10 year old

Mikey
06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
i think i got it in henderson wines on comiston road, they have some fantastic independent german beers as well :agree:

I was in there today. I got an Orkney Dark Island Reserve which is brewed as normal and then fermented in whisky barrels. It comes in at 10%. 13 quid a bottle though :Ummm:

Tennent's Lager is bowf.

Just Jimmy
06-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Mully_BEAR Sniff...

degenerated
06-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Mully_BEAR Sniff...

i'm more puzzled as to his outrage at the slagging of what can only be described at best a piss poor cooking lager and at worst as an affrontery to the national image :greengrin

Geo_1875
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM

You're obviously not drinking enough of it.

Fantic
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
The only time i saw someone drinking brasso straight from the tin was on the way to the old Love Street back in the eighties. They had just beat someone in Europe so it was only 50p to get in. Anyone else mind that.

Prefer cider myself. Blackthorn, Magners or Scrumpy.

matty_f
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
A pint of Tennets in Robbies used to be my favourite tipple.

IWasThere2016
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm with §umner, and Sir Bob of Dashing - not even if it was free! It's gotta be real beer or a decent foreign lager.

JoJo_07
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
A pint of Tennets in Robbies used to be my favourite tipple.

Wish I could drink beer/lager (coeliac disease) ;-(

Steve-O
07-08-2010, 04:10 AM
More NZ beers required in Old Blighty...possibly better than the Aussie stuff IMO.

http://1300wineonline.com.au/images/speights.jpg

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2010, 05:38 AM

Okay, the next time i'm moved to have a discussion with my taste buds i'll tell them that they've got it wrong and that stuff they make in the factory out of god knows what is really the elixir of the gods.

That'll be the day.

Agree that it doesn't matter a toss about sponsorship, and I thank Rantic for making life easy for me by having undrinkable sponsors down the years, McEwans Lager, Carling and now Tennents.

I never touched rubbish like Whyte ad Mackay when Hibs had that sponsor. Now if it was Highland Park...

Jack
07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Sign up, even if you don't, never have, never would drink it. It’s a peaceful protest against the OF.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=115881901796572

whiskyhibby
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Absolutely spot on the stuff is gaseous head-ache inducing p1ss, ...................rather fitting that they are now sponsoring the infirm:agree::agree:

scotty1875
07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Absolutely spot on the stuff is gaseous head-ache inducing p1ss, ...................rather fitting that they are now sponsoring the infirm:agree::agree:

alanhall69
07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
after 5 years of efe`s @ 5% turkish lager .still would not touch tennents lager .:bye:
but getting very desperate just about bought skol last week :grr:
do miss a good pint ale ,stout , lager , :cheers:

Matty_Jack04
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Sign up, even if you don't, never have, never would drink it. It’s a peaceful protest against the OF.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=115881901796572 (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#%21/group.php?gid=115881901796572)

Its a peaceful protest your spot on, the same type of protest as when i never used CR SMITH......fair enough i was around 8 years old therefore not a homeowner but i still never used them

power to the people :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
No really bothered if they support the OF....i'll still be drinking it :agree:

ardecos
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
More NZ beers required in Old Blighty...possibly better than the Aussie stuff IMO.

http://1300wineonline.com.au/images/speights.jpg

When I was in Dunedin earlier tihs year I tried some Speights beers. They were OK but I preferred Emerson's beers, especially the IPA.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM

if it wasnt there it was the place in portobello, the name escapes me for now though

Superb. Thanks for that:top marks

ScottB
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Don't see what difference it should make, wasn't Hibs 'official beer' and one time back up sponsor Carling while they were the Old Firm sponsor?

Saying that I don't touch the stuff, think it's vile. Warsteiner, now there is a beer of choice!

Interesting that Tennents and Carling basically switched, each saying a desire for greater exposure as the reason, only one of them can be right, wonder which it will be...

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't mind tennents if it's really cold and served well. But would much prefer stella 9.9 times out of 10

I probably will drink less tennents due to the sponsorship, but I would still buy it if there was nothing else in the pub, a bevvy is a bevvy after all:greengrin

poolman
07-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Used to drink the Big T

Still do sometimes but mostly drinking Deuchars IPA now :drool:

MSK
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Thats what i love about all you "real ale" bums ...Tennents is this Tennents is that ..have a look at what they put into yer ales ...:wink:...think i will stick wi ma chemically induced Tennents lager ta ...:greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Yer in a class o' yer ane K! :cool2:

Hanny
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
have a look at what they put into yer ales

Do elaborate....

Carheenlea
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
My most looked forward to pints are the ones in the Hibs Club pre-match and ones straight off the course in the golf club after 18 holes. Tennents in both places and won't be changing just because they sponsor the Old Firm. Fully intend to tip plenty of the stuff back thus season, could not give a flying toss who they sponsor. Now that the vast majority on here are firmly behind a boycott, can we assume that next years T in the Park will be a Hibby free zone...:dunno:

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Tennents is not a lager I'd buy in the supermarket as there is always a good deal to be found on better and stronger lagers.

In pubs I might be a bit more choosy now and have a closer look at what is on tap in the future. :greengrin

MSK
07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Do elaborate....I couldnt possibly ...

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Thats what i love about all you "real ale" bums ...Tennents is this Tennents is that ..have a look at what they put into yer ales ...:wink:...think i will stick wi ma chemically induced Tennents lager ta ...:greengrin

And that is nothing to be ashamed of. :agree: Each to their own etc....

MSK
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
And that is nothing to be ashamed of. :agree: Each to their own etc....Aye

erskine-hibby
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Have drank a fair bit of Tennents in my time, but not really a great fan and tend to drink just about anything else available.
As lagers go a decent pint of wife beater is hard to beat. Not all that fussed on Bud etc. as I find most American beers tasteless, that said a nice cold bottle of Coors...original and not that lite pish you get in the shops these days, goes down well.
In Viva Mexico they used to sell a Mexican beer called simpatico...absolutely lovely, but they don't sell it any more, unfortunately!
Recently though my tastes have gone to ales with my favourites being McEwans 90/- or Theakstons old peculiar...that reminds me the Beehive used to sell TOP on tap...Mmmmm:drool:

Ryan91
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
It's not that bad, it's good if you're on a tight budget and considering as of September I will be a student at Glasgow Uni I think that will be my pint of choice for a while. This is all a bit of a knee jerk reaction as the OF will not get any more money simply because someone drinks a pint of the stuff. The sponsorship deal will only give the OF a set amount of money as that is set in a contract, any difference in sales will not affect how much Tennet's lager give Celtic and Rangers, unless the contract is renewed.

monktonharp
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
lager is fur wimmin,and puffters

iwasthere1972
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Oih. :grr:

Steve-O
08-08-2010, 01:05 AM
When I was in Dunedin earlier tihs year I tried some Speights beers. They were OK but I preferred Emerson's beers, especially the IPA.

Nice :agree:

http://www.speightspalmerstonnorth.co.nz/cms/images/labels/Distinction.jpg

Auckland Hibs
08-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Nice :agree:

http://www.speightspalmerstonnorth.co.nz/cms/images/labels/Distinction.jpg

Give me a Steinlager Pure anyday! :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Is anyone planning to boycott T in the Park next year?

Steve-O
08-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Give me a Steinlager Pure anyday! :top marks

Aye it's no bad...bit expensive in the boozers though! $7-$8 for a bottle o beer! :faint:

Auckland Hibs
08-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Aye it's no bad...bit expensive in the boozers though! $7-$8 for a bottle o beer! :faint:

I was paying $10 last night - must be getting ripped off ! :grr:

Made the mistake of drinking original steinlager one night, worse hangover of my life !

degenerated
08-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Is anyone planning to boycott T in the Park next year?

aye, but again nothing to do with the old firm. the music is generally about as bad as the beer

Golden Bear
08-08-2010, 09:07 AM
I wonder if supporters of other SPL teams suddenly stopped drinking Carlsberg because at one time they sponsored us?

Winston Ingram
08-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Don't see what difference it should make, wasn't Hibs 'official beer' and one time back up sponsor Carling while they were the Old Firm sponsor?

Saying that I don't touch the stuff, think it's vile. Warsteiner, now there is a beer of choice!

Interesting that Tennents and Carling basically switched, each saying a desire for greater exposure as the reason, only one of them can be right, wonder which it will be...

Warsteiner is superb. :agree:

degenerated
08-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Warsteiner is superb. :agree:

:agree: good beer

but this is the one for me
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Jever_Bottle.jpg/244px-Jever_Bottle.jpg

invisible man
08-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I think this thread has proved that Tennent's market research was correct. Although a lot of people wont be drinking the Big T, it's not because of any sponsorship deal but that they just don't like it.

Sandy
08-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I wonder if supporters of other SPL teams suddenly stopped drinking Carlsberg because at one time they sponsored us?

With the exception of the Yams I doubt it, as we, unlike the OF are not universally despised. I used to drink Tennents when I was younger, but now much prefer Stella, now in a dry country would you lot please STFU :grr: :greengrin

hibeenicol
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
surely at the age of 29 thats pretty childish.

So if pussy sponsored the OF you would never sh*g yer girlfriend/wife again ?

If you like tennents then drink it.

What like this :wink:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2691950/Rangers-We-wont-swallow-green-crisps.html

mully_bear
08-08-2010, 05:09 PM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2691950/Rangers-We-wont-swallow-green-crisps.html
yes, its pathetic.

Best post was from the guy who said what about when people were drinking Carling BTG haha

MJN1875
08-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Considering how Colin Nish we were against Maribor does anyone actually care about this?

Phil D. Rolls
08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
yes, its pathetic.

Best post was from the guy who said what about when people were drinking Carling BTG haha

Still on the charm offensive mate? Or just offensive?:cool2:

MJN1875
08-08-2010, 06:03 PM

:confused:

cheltenhamhibee
08-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Tennents is unquestionably the most disgusting lager out, especially the canned version. Even Fosters is preferable though I wouldn't touch it either.

Once you've been to Prague and sampled the real Pilsner stuff, all else pales into insignificance.

i have to disagree with you on that, czech beers are quality, but the stuff out in the dnipro knocks spots off it:thumbsup:http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OuvoK1WUbGPqJM:b

Jack
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Still on the charm offensive mate? Or just offensive?:cool2:

Just offensive :agree:

Moan the 80/- :greengrin

.Sean.
08-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Tennents is garbage anyway. Pint of Stella ahead of it any day!

monktonharp
08-08-2010, 10:36 PM
:confused: what would I know,at my age,about drinking?:rolleyes: IT is about opinions,like fitba' but ah cannae stand the stuff.each tae their own,but apart from that I would definetely bodyswerve spending my money on Yennants mick jagger,now that they sponsor that pair. a bit like not buying Carlsberg,Strongbow, or even JJB sports gear.I just loved watching some moronic twats buying the laatest Hun strip,at the Fort. ......................Da, kin ah get the Rangers top? .........course ye can son,although you'll never be at Ibrox,cos'ah dinnae ken how tae get there. never mind we can watch it on Sky.

iwasthere1972
08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
what would I know,at my age,about drinking?:rolleyes: IT is about opinions,like fitba' but ah cannae stand the stuff.each tae their own,but apart from that I would definetely bodyswerve spending my money on Yennants mick jagger,now that they sponsor that pair. a bit like not buying Carlsberg,Strongbow, or even JJB sports gear.I just loved watching some moronic twats buying the laatest Hun strip,at the Fort. ......................Da, kin ah get the Rangers top? .........course ye can son,although you'll never be at Ibrox,cos'ah dinnae ken how tae get there. never mind we can watch it on Sky.

:faf: So I take it you dinnae like the huns do you Wullie.

monktonharp
08-08-2010, 10:50 PM
:faf: So I take it you dinnae like the huns do you Wullie. do like some wannabe huns,but could never eat a whole yin

Hibs On Tour
09-08-2010, 01:46 AM
***** great thread! 4 pages of guff from cyber-Wolfie-Smith's about not giving money to the OF despite their not buying Tennant's not making a penny's difference to the OF's dosh they get. Same faces will be the ones who think nothing however of directly giving the OF their money by paying in at Ibrox or Parkhead though and call those who don't part-timers!

This thread is comedy gold! :greengrin

Get the feeling that if the British Leather Association sponsored the OF that some would turn up at ER the next week with no shoes, trying desperately to convince themselves that this actually made a difference... :wink:

DCI Gene Hunt
09-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Tennants is pish anyway. Fosters is much better :agree:

The Guv

degenerated
09-08-2010, 07:13 AM
***** great thread! 4 pages of guff from cyber-Wolfie-Smith's about not giving money to the OF despite their not buying Tennant's not making a penny's difference to the OF's dosh they get. Same faces will be the ones who think nothing however of directly giving the OF their money by paying in at Ibrox or Parkhead though and call those who don't part-timers!

This thread is comedy gold! :greengrin

Get the feeling that if the British Leather Association sponsored the OF that some would turn up at ER the next week with no shoes, trying desperately to convince themselves that this actually made a difference... :wink:

there's been a couple of people who have suggested that they won't drink it for that reason with the majority (as far as i can see) suggesting they won't drink it because it's rank. so while your post might be mildly humorous it's far from accurate.

and can i take this opportunity to point out the swear filter is there for a reason :wink:

Diclonius
09-08-2010, 07:17 AM

Yet they play on a green pitch.

It must kill them inside. :yawn:

Hibs On Tour
09-08-2010, 08:16 AM
there's been a couple of people who have suggested that they won't drink it for that reason with the majority (as far as i can see) suggesting they won't drink it because it's rank. so while your post might be mildly humorous it's far from accurate.

and can i take this opportunity to point out the swear filter is there for a reason :wink:

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

I didn't say or suggest *everyone* had said that was the reason but there are enough for the point to be valid. Yes, its gash to drink but then again I think that about all lagers, real ales, whiskey etc - basically everything bar Vodka! :wink:

And you are the humour filter now, yes? :greengrin By the way, yer swear filter managed the truncated bad word really well but it seems to be letting 'pish' through just fine...:nerd:

GGTTH