PDA

View Full Version : For all those wanting rid of Yogi..............

The Sea-gull
06-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Remember Tangoman Calderwood is out of work right now and the Hibs job might just be right up his street and he might fit the bill for the board too, no compo, proven SPL manager.

Not saying it would be a bad shout and not saying Yogi is great, far from it but would the likes of a Calderwood do any better and that is perhaps the sort of manager we'd be looking at.

Sumner
06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
so it's better-the-devil-we-know then :confused:
... we could get worse so let's just stick with what we have ? :bitchy:

Bit like being scared to cross the road? :confused:

or these classics:

"Don't open your door it could be burglars" (Viz)

"If I thought like you I would never fart
for fear of sh*tting myself" (Gene Hunt, Life On Mars)

Alternately the board could "grow a set" and speed up the inevitable.

Long suffering
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Calderwood actually did a consistently good job at Aberdeen in the league. the number of times they managed a top 4 finish under him was impressive, so I think hes actually a very good solid manager

Hamish
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
''Remember Tangoman Calderwood is out of work right now and the Hibs job might just be right up his street ''

We cannot keep changing managers every 18 months/2 years. I am no great fan of Hughes but he has to and will, get more patience from the board.

Hibs Class
06-08-2010, 04:09 PM
''Remember Tangoman Calderwood is out of work right now and the Hibs job might just be right up his street ''

We cannot keep changing managers every 18 months/2 years. I am no great fan of Hughes but he has to and will, get more patience from the board.

I think that is the bottom line right now

Wilson
06-08-2010, 04:11 PM

We certainly can keep changing managers every 18 months or 2 years. If they are just not up to the task then you replace them. Giving the wrong man more time and more money will only hurt the club in the long run.

If someone at the club had had the balls to make the correct decision during Yogi's disgraceful second half of the season we might have made a foray into Europe with someone competent at the helm.

Hughes is simply not the man for the job. The club are paying for going with the cheap option once again.

Kaiser1962
06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Fergie and Mourinho are both busy I think.

We certainly can keep changing managers every 18 months or 2 years. If they are just not up to the task then you replace them. Giving the wrong man more time and more money will only hurt the club in the long run.

If someone at the club had had the balls to make the correct decision during Yogi's disgraceful second half of the season we might have made a foray into Europe with someone competent at the helm.

Hughes is simply not the man for the job. The club are paying for going with the cheap option once again.

degenerated
06-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Calderwood actually did a consistently good job at Aberdeen in the league. the number of times they managed a top 4 finish under him was impressive, so I think hes actually a very good solid manager

if finishing in the top 4 is your criteria for measuring a manager are you just going to ignore the fact that hughes did exactly that in his first season :confused:

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 07:21 PM
lets see if Yogi can do it consistently. Our 2010 results were bottom 6 at best, and that trend shows no sign of changing. Same problems, same culprits.

down the slope
06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
"We cannot keep changing managers every 18 months / 2 years", by that criteria we would still have mr blobby or even worse Duff Jimmy, there is no law that says we have to keep a manager until they relegate us is there ?, the sooner a change is made then we will hopefully move forward as a club or they should be replaced until a winning formula is found. Football is no different from any other business , if you manage a shop, pub, club, and you fail in your duty to them then you have to go, end of.

tony higgins
06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Calderwood.

:rolleyes:

easty
06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
"We cannot keep changing managers every 18 months / 2 years", by that criteria we would still have mr blobby or even worse Duff Jimmy, there is no law that says we have to keep a manager until they relegate us is there ?, the sooner a change is made then we will hopefully move forward as a club or they should be replaced until a winning formula is found. Football is no different from any other business , if you manage a shop, pub, club, and you fail in your duty to them then you have to go, end of.

If you're the manager of a shop/pub/club and your staff aren't doing thier job well enough (not performing close to thier actual ability) you, as the manager, can get rid of them fairly easily and replace them with staff who will do the job better.

So actually you're wrong, football is completley different from any other business.