PDA

View Full Version : Tear it up and start again......

Ronaldo9
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM
IF yogi is to keep his job and win back the fans he must tear it up and start again. The squad as it is is not good enough. discuss

SRHibs
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, basically. This is who I think we should keep and get rid of. The players in the First Team Squad are the only ones who are good enough to be in a team challenging for 3rd in my opinion.

First Team Squad

Brown
Bamba
Hart
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Miller
De Graaf
Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama

Back-Up

Hogg
McBride
Murray
Galbraith
Stephens
Thicot

Get Rid

Nish
Rankin
Stevenson
Smith
Stack

Obviously, this is a tad unrealistic as there's no way we're going to be buying 5-6 players for the First Team Squad.

ScottB
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
IF yogi is to keep his job and win back the fans he must tear it up and start again. The squad as it is is not good enough. discuss

Nope, I disagree.

In comparison to the sides that we will be competing with for third place, where exactly are we so weak?

Brown / Stack / Smith are all probably among the better keepers in the SPL on their day.

Hart / Bamba / Hanlon / Stephens / Murray again, no obvious weakness there, and wouldn't be cheap to find better, and again, I could see any one of them getting a game for the teams around us.

Wotherspoon / De Graaf / McBride / Miller / Zemmama / Rankin out of our midfield, Wotherspoon, De Graaf and Miller are surely better than the average SPL player? Ditto Zemmama when fit, and McBride was brilliant at points last season. While Rankin isn't the best, he'd also easily get a game for most SPL sides if you ask me.

Stokes / Riordan / Nish well Stokes easily has the potential to hit 20 goals a season and so does Riordan, so I don't see us improving here, Nish for all the abuse he gets will also pop up with 10 or so goals a season, we just need a 4th striker.

So yeah, for all the 'we aren't good enough' type chat, I fail to see many spots in the starting line up that we can realistically improve upon. The issue for me is tactics and motivation, we have neither.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Nope, I disagree.

In comparison to the sides that we will be competing with for third place, where exactly are we so weak?

Brown / Stack / Smith are all probably among the better keepers in the SPL on their day.

Hart / Bamba / Hanlon / Stephens / Murray again, no obvious weakness there, and wouldn't be cheap to find better, and again, I could see any one of them getting a game for the teams around us.

Wotherspoon / De Graaf / McBride / Miller / Zemmama / Rankin out of our midfield, Wotherspoon, De Graaf and Miller are surely better than the average SPL player? Ditto Zemmama when fit, and McBride was brilliant at points last season. While Rankin isn't the best, he'd also easily get a game for most SPL sides if you ask me.

Stokes / Riordan / Nish well Stokes easily has the potential to hit 20 goals a season and so does Riordan, so I don't see us improving here, Nish for all the abuse he gets will also pop up with 10 or so goals a season, we just need a 4th striker.

So yeah, for all the 'we aren't good enough' type chat, I fail to see many spots in the starting line up that we can realistically improve upon. The issue for me is tactics and motivation, we have neither.

agree with that, we have a good squad, a few weaknesses but not many. The problem is yogi can't get the best out of what we have!

Ronaldo9
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I honestly think the guy has his heart in the right place but something is VERY wrong at the moment. Its really starting to enrage me that we have only managed to win 1 competitive game in 20+ games!

cad
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, basically. This is who I think we should keep and get rid of. The players in the First Team Squad are the only ones who are good enough to be in a team challenging for 3rd in my opinion.

First Team Squad

Brown
Bamba
Hart
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Miller
De Graaf
Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama

Back-Up

Hogg
McBride
Murray
Galbraith
Stephens
Thicot

Get Rid

Nish
Rankin
Stevenson
Smith
Stack

Obviously, this is a tad unrealistic as there's no way we're going to be buying 5-6 players for the First Team Squad.

I would add Stevens to the first team squad and agree with the rest but we still need a keeper Ive not seen enough of Brown to judge I dont think anybody has hes just the only one who's not had a chance .
Your point about the 5 or 6 players is what has to be done .
Do Hibs think Hughes hes the man to take us forward I didnt want Hughes as manager I would have prefered a non Hibs related manager ,the cup exits last year the 20 odd games and Motherwell game are huge discredits to Hughes as a manager and Hibs financially if yesterdays exit and the cup games of last season are added up I would guess between 1 and 1.5 million have been lost in the short time hes been in-charge and thats the area I think Mr Petrie will be taking a very close look at .

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
First of all, he needs to change his system. Whatever he played last night didn't work. Next issue is the goalies, we only need 2, get rid of Smith, start with Brown with Stack as back-up. We now have a solid right back in Hart. Bring in another centre back to partner Bamba, Hogg isn't good enough. Hanlon and Stephens look good for the future but not this season. Ian Murray still has another season in him, left back definately is not our problem. We need width, so he needs to play people out wide. De Graaf doesn't look like a wide man, so stick wotherspoon on the right and maybe buy a left winger, or even play galbraith. Our cente midfield is fine, we have miller, mcbride, zemamma and de graaf, get rid of rankin. Nish is not the answer, put stokes and riordan up front or bring in a proper target man who can header and hold the ball up. Play 4-4-2, it is the best system in the world, if it wasn't there wouldn't be a magazine named after it.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
First of all, he needs to change his system. Whatever he played last night didn't work. Next issue is the goalies, we only need 2, get rid of Smith, start with Brown with Stack as back-up. We now have a solid right back in Hart. Bring in another centre back to partner Bamba, Hogg isn't good enough. Hanlon and Stephens look good for the future but not this season. Ian Murray still has another season in him, left back definately is not our problem. We need width, so he needs to play people out wide. De Graaf doesn't look like a wide man, so stick wotherspoon on the right and maybe buy a left winger, or even play galbraith. Our cente midfield is fine, we have miller, mcbride, zemamma and de graaf, get rid of rankin. Nish is not the answer, put stokes and riordan up front or bring in a proper target man who can header and hold the ball up. Play 4-4-2, it is the best system in the world, if it wasn't there wouldn't be a magazine named after it.

That was a very sensible post until your last bit:greengrin