PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Up

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
why do hibs fans always look at the negatives. We have a great stadium with a wonderful new stand, the best financial situation in the SPL and basically no debt. We are a club that has not only survived the recession but grown through it. While other clubs were struggling to hang on in the last five years for example Hearts, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Gretna and Livingston, we have built a new stand and training academy, aswell as signing some top quality players. If yogi can now get the team playing in a formation that works and get us into europe on a regular basis, then we can finally establish ourselves as the third biggest club in Scotland. Always look on the bright side of life.

And also we have the cheapest strip in the SPL, which shows care for our fans.

Rasta_Hibs
06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
why do hibs fans always look at the negatives. We have a great stadium with a wonderful new stand, the best financial situation in the SPL and basically no debt. We are a club that has not only survived the recession but grown through it. While other clubs were struggling to hang on in the last five years for example Hearts, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Gretna and Livingston, we have built a new stand and training academy, aswell as signing some top quality players. If yogi can now get the team playing in a formation that works and get us into europe on a regular basis, then we can finally establish ourselves as the third biggest club in Scotland. Always look on the bright side of life.

Cos we have a manager that is clueless!

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM

There's why.

Re: your comment about the strip - are you serious??

Nice new pitch, cracking new stand but when push comes to shove, what happens on the park dwarves all that for me.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM

Up until last night I would have said :thumbsup: and renewed my happy clapper membership but last night was the last straw.

Yogi :bye:

Saorsa
06-08-2010, 12:04 PM

And also we have the cheapest strip in the SPL, which shows care for our fans.oh well

The_Horde
06-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm clearly not as p!ssed off as others. We were outclassed, simply!

Their players won their individual battles all over the pitch. They were stronger, faster, fitter, more intelligent and technically better than us pretty much everywhere.

Most people on here seem to think Maribor would walk the SPL. Well if that is the case, then would anyone on here be this p!ssed off with a 3-2 defeat to celtic or rangers?

Bad Martini
06-08-2010, 12:05 PM

The big "IF" is in bold mate.

The above is all true and its a good reason to be joyous.

What pisses me right off with Hibs of late is that we COULD'VE (and that phrase comes out a lot) done a whole lot more but wasted chances. We "could've" got something against Maribor had we set up right the first game...you could go right back thru last season saying the same thing - we "COULD'VE" got something out the Scottish Cup with the best chance to actually win it in YEARS but made a rodger dunt of it .... keep going back.

It's NOT to say what we've got is all bad - far from it as you say, it's what we COULD HAVE had that pisses me off. And thats no the auld "if yer aunty had baws she'd be yer uncle" could've ... its actual chances we had where it was harder to **** it up than do it and guess what we done and seem to be continuing to do.

If we didn't have such things to lose or throw away, it wouldnt be so bad but we do, and have. AND THAT, is what the pisser is. WASTE. We waste so much.....

But, could be worse. We could be huns and hated by everyone in the whole universe :devil: (see, Im finding the positives here)

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Their players won their individual battles all over the pitch. They were stronger, faster, fitter, more intelligent and technically better than us pretty much everywhere.

Most people on here seem to think Maribor would walk the SPL. Well if that is the case, then would anyone on here be this p!ssed off with a 3-2 defeat to celtic or rangers?

More so. We made Malibor look good and what we really needed was an Ivan Sproule to get beyond their defenders and whip some crosses into our forwards. I swear I saw Nishie falling over a few times when there wasn't even a Malibor player within 10 yards of him. Maybe it was the wind but it didn't feel windy to me.

stokesmessiah
06-08-2010, 12:12 PM

I really do wish ppl would start harping on about that so much. Yes of course i am extremely pleased at the infrastructure and bank balance of our club.

However as i am footbal fan and not an accountant i would rather see a team worth watching on the pitch. :wink:

vahibbie
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I really do wish ppl would start harping on about that so much. Yes of course i am extremely pleased at the infrastructure and bank balance of our club.

However as i am footbal fan and not an accountant i would rather see a team worth watching on the pitch. :wink:

:agree:
God knows how many time those things are quoted as being our "aces" and of course they are all very good. But a clueless manager and a team lacking in spirit and for the most part basic skills frankly makes the rest a waste of time.

MrSmith
06-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Or even a team that had the desire, spirit and fight to play would be good enough but alas no! We have a bunch of spineless gutless wimps picking up good wages (compared to us) and playing like Morris dancers! However,they are led by a good man who has quite obviously lost his bottle.

shame really because it belittles everything else...

Jones28
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM

People expected Maribor to be *****e away from home and for hibs to at least win the match, I was on e of these people. As disapointed as I was at the performance last night I absolutely loved watching football in that stadium, especially under the floodlights. Regardless of the result last night, I had a great time!