PDA

View Full Version : 67 Mins

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 09:55 AM
i honestly cannot believe so many fans left with about 25 mins to go! fair enough we werntplaying well, but we still could have won the game, i think its terrible leaving so early into a game just cause the team is getting beat.

WIN TOGETHER. LOOSE TOGETHER

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Tin hat on :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
i honestly cannot believe so many fans left with about 25 mins to go! fair enough we werntplaying well, but we still could have won the game, i think its terrible leaving so early into a game just cause the team is getting beat.

Lose together but I tend to agree with your sentiments:wink:

Ed De Gramo

Hope your ready for the 'who the hell do you think you are' comments coming your way in roughly 10 minutes :greengrin

ionahibby

I left early so what! doesn't make me any less of a fan Was not staying to watch that rubbish, if the players on the park wre actually trying a leg i might have stayed:grr:

frazeHFC
06-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Who the hell do you think you are?!! :cool2:

ackeygraham
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
The tie was over last week, your lucky we had a sell out but i think it was more to see the new stand.

IMO the football was not it's best, i can see yogi's vision of style of play but was at pensioner speed last night, and although we needed goals, was not the best formation to play....

Hibs fans want the best for this team, but even before the new season has started people can see us struggle as dont think we will have the same lucky start as last and the same cracks appearing.

Missing 20 odd minutes wont hurt you...am sure were gonna see much more of this before the seasons out.

The stand did look good though, and even the pitch....lets hope that makes it to the end :wink:

mmmmhibby
06-08-2010, 10:05 AM

in all fairness when people pay money out there pocket to watch there team its up to them when the want to leave the game.

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Who the hell do you think you are?!! :cool2:

:greengrin

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
i was just a bit dissapointed so many fans left so early, the tie was over after 19 minutes tbh, but the game still could have been won. But everyone to their own i guess...

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 10:11 AM
I left early, mainly out of sheer frustration, and possibly to save the ear drums of the folks around me:greengrin

It was the same towards the end of last season, lost count how many times I was in the pub before the final whistle!!

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 12:26 PM

:agree:

"We'll support you ever more" Aye right

Seany HFC 7-0
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Ryan91
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I stayed until the end last night, we were not brilliant, but consider that we were up against a team with experience of the Champions League, the tie was over after the first leg, and I though we played well right up until their goal, which in fairness was typical of Hibs, poor defending from a set piece, against teams like Hearts we will struggle if we can't defend set pieces as they score very few goals from open play. I think if we had got the first goal we could have won the match, they always looked like they were going to score so there wasn't much chance of us progressing. Positives from last night included De Graaf and Hart as well as the new stand, which looks fabulous. Negatives were that Hogg is not a leader and in his time at Hibs he hasn't improved much, we need to sign a centre back with experience to replace Hogg. But what was the biggest negative were all the people who left early, if you stayed and applauded the team off the park at the very end, well done to you, it's people like you that the club needs, not people who leave because things aren't going our way.

ahibby
06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree with the OP. I like many went last night simply because it was Hibs playing, not because I expected anything wonderful to happen (I hoped it would though). The early leavers missed a well taken goal by De Graf though and missed witnessing the only one of Nishys header flicks finding a Hibs player in space.

SRHibs
06-08-2010, 02:01 PM
But what was the biggest negative were all the people who left early, if you stayed and applauded the team off the park at the very end, well done to you, it's people like you that the club needs, not people who leave because things aren't going our way.

Yes, Hibs don't need the people that leave early at all; I'm sure Rod will agree with that sentiment entirely.:yawn:

We were essentially 6-1 down. I think it's a case of actually applauding the people that stayed, as opposed to lambasting those that left.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Someone once posted that it was actually rude to the players to leave early?

:faf:

Hibercelona
06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Fans may have left 25 minutes early, but its not as bad as players leaving 90 minutes early...

steve75
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I left the radio on for the full 90 mins. Where do i stand in the fan rankings?

Mango Man
06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Lose together but I tend to agree with your sentiments:wink:

It's funny how many people actually spell lose as loose eh?

No offense to the poster of course, it's just i have seen a lot of people do that. :thumbsup:

steve75
06-08-2010, 02:16 PM

No offense to the poster of course, it's just i have seen a lot of people do that. :thumbsup:

I done the Newcastle stadium tour a we while ago, they had the same mistake on some board that had some history on it next to all the medals, old shirts, caps etc.

also, the use of there, their and they're on this board is nothing but disgusting :wink:

MJN1875
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Jesus mate, you talk some garbage. Why is anyone going to hang around to watch us get pumped off a pub team? I mean really it was embarrassing.

SRHibs
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM
also, the use of there, their and they're on this board is nothing but disgusting :wink:
As is the use of 'done' instead of 'did', and 'we' instead of 'wee'. :stirrer:

steve75
06-08-2010, 02:21 PM

shusht you :greengrin:

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM

No offence taken I'm sure. :greengrin

I done the Newcastle stadium tour a we while ago, they had the same mistake on some board that had some history on it next to all the medals, old shirts, caps etc.

"where" and "were" seem to confuse a lot of folk nowadays as well.

Gatecrasher
06-08-2010, 02:31 PM
was 67 the 2nd or third maribor goal? i want to know if i escape the abuse or not :cool2:

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Some really sanctimonious folks on this thread. :yawn:

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
was 67 the 2nd or third maribor goal? i want to know if i escape the abuse or not :cool2:

nope you get abused for not knowing:wink:

Gatecrasher
06-08-2010, 02:36 PM
nope you get abused for not knowing:wink:

im losing my uberness i better act fast

erm

erm

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8
:greengrin

Mango Man
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Oh the ironie :greengrin

Rory89
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
but we still could have won the game,

:faf:

I left at 3-1 because it occured to me that Megan Fox "could have" tracked me down on the way home and offer me a diddy ride, hope you don't mind.

Sounds like a motivational motto written on the wall at CC's.

PISTOL1875
06-08-2010, 04:36 PM
i was just a bit dissapointed so many fans left so early, the tie was over after 19 minutes tbh, but the game still could have been won. But everyone to their own i guess...

I'll think you'll find that the tie was over after the first leg.........

Wilson
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I didn't go to the game but I agree. Even though the tie was over after the first leg I think fans who paid their money and then exercised their own free will in leaving the game are a disgrace.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I didn't go to the game but I agree. Even though the tie was over after the first leg I think fans who paid their money and then exercised their own free will in leaving the game are a disgrace.

:hilarious

hibbiedon
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Jesus mate, you talk some garbage. Why is anyone going to hang around to watch us get pumped off a pub team? I mean really it was embarrassing.

em let me think ? maybe they support Hibs :bye:

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh the ironie :greengrin

Irony :wink:

FromTheCapital
06-08-2010, 05:53 PM
People behind us left after Maribor's 1st goal. :grr: (27 mins).

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Left after 40 mins and was consumed with regret that I hadn't jumped ship earlier. The tie was over, the football uninspired, and there's only so long you can sit and look at the new stand. Sit the whole of the second half and watch that tosh, and worse, listen to all the bitter recriminations directed onto the manager, the players and other spectators? Nien danke.

Besides, my hair needed washing.

Keith_M
06-08-2010, 06:20 PM

:hmmm: ........... Sniff

There must have been a LOT of people that only turned up to see the new stand. Loads in our section arrived about 10-15 minutes into the match and left around 20 minutes before the end.

Or maybe they thought they weren't allowed to stay any longer, as they'd only paid £5. :greengrin

hibee-shtuggie
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Right, so let me get this straight. Judging from the threads since the match last night i am restricted from voicing any kind of slightly negative opinion about any Hibs players or the manager, i am not allowed to swear, i am not allowed to speak above a level of 20db and i musn't sing either as this might disturb the people eating prawn sandwiches with one hand and sticking the thumb from their other hand up their a**e. So the only option, the only way i had left to voice my discontent with what i saw on the pitch from the team i love, was to leave early in protest...now i'm being told i can't do that either!! deary me, next we will all arrive in single file sit silently for 90 minutes eating sweeties and applaud any kind of dross that appears on the field. if thats what it is coming to the you can count me out.

hibbymac
06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I was going to leave early to avoid the crowds, ...... but decided to wait till the final whistle and avoid the crowds.

Houchy
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM

sniff sniff???

Hainan Hibs
Right, so let me get this straight. Judging from the threads since the match last night i am restricted from voicing any kind of slightly negative opinion about any Hibs players or the manager, i am not allowed to swear, i am not allowed to speak above a level of 20db and i musn't sing either as this might disturb the people eating prawn sandwiches with one hand and sticking the thumb from their other hand up their a**e. So the only option, the only way i had left to voice my discontent with what i saw on the pitch from the team i love, was to leave early in protest...now i'm being told i can't do that either!! deary me, next we will all arrive in single file sit silently for 90 minutes eating sweeties and applaud any kind of dross that appears on the field. if thats what it is coming to the you can count me out.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

hibee-shtuggie
I was going to leave early to avoid the crowds, ...... but decided to wait till the final whistle and avoid the crowds.

I chuckled at this, very true though!

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM

I normally get annoyed at people who leave early. However, I think that attending at all last night was above and beyond the call of duty. I stayed to the end, but for once I thought early leavers were well within their rights.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:09 PM

You know what really grinds my gears? When people say "I have never saw such rubbish".

GhostofBolivar
06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Thought it was terrible myself. We talk about how insipid the team were - and they were - but how inspired are they likely to be when they see fans streaming out with half an hour to go? First home game of the season, first game with the new stand, the first (and likely last) European game for a while. Sometimes I despair.

I suspect most of those leaving would have been season ticket holders who only paid a fiver to get in. Maybe if everyone had to pay £15, then more would have stayed longer. Or maybe people just wanted to get a jump on slamming the team here...

hibee-shtuggie
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Thought it was terrible myself. We talk about how insipid the team were - and they were - but how inspired are they likely to be when they see fans streaming out with half an hour to go? First home game of the season, first game with the new stand, the first (and likely last) European game for a while. Sometimes I despair.

I suspect most of those leaving would have been season ticket holders who only paid a fiver to get in. Maybe if everyone had to pay £15, then more would have stayed longer. Or maybe people just wanted to get a jump on slamming the team here...

i hardly think me sitting on my bum for another 20 minutes was going to inspire Colin Nish to suddenly become David Villa. god this winds me up. It is the only way for people to voice their discontent!! get of your high horse.

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Hibs players r paid 4 figure sums EVERY week. Hibs fans pay hundreds of pounds every year, so that those players can earn such a cushty living. If the Hibs players NEED every single fan to stay and praise them to the rafters, whilst they themselves limp to another defeat, id suggest an immediate career change. Or they cud grow a set and justify their wages.

Mango Man
06-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Irony :wink:

:rolleyes: this was deliberate btw, as was my previous deliberate spelling mistake. The 'ironie' being i picked up on a spelling misteak. :wink: sorry, felt i had to explain, just incase.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
People behind us left after Maribor's 1st goal. :grr: (27 mins).

Gloryhunting barstewards. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes: this was deliberate btw, as was my previous deliberate spelling mistake. The 'ironie' being i picked up on a spelling misteak. :wink: sorry, felt i had to explain, just incase.

I new that.:rolleyes::greengrin

Sandy
06-08-2010, 08:47 PM

I didn't realise it was the manky yams we were playing :confused:

Penrith Hibee
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Left at the third goal,hoping to be in ma bed before 1am as up for work at 0630.Apologies to the "fans who leave early Police!" New stand looked good though...............

Hibhibhooray
06-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Terrible was it, I paid £960 for two season tickets (with cup top up) yes I only paid £5, but i expected a performance which showed our structure and composure and a glimpse of what is to come in the coming season.

In my humble opinion I did not see any of that was disapointing even against superior opposition.

Yes i left early but last season i stayed to the end of every game giving it the happy clapper bit and now you despair at me. :grr:

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Sniff sniff sniff!

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Left at the third goal,hoping to be in ma bed before 1am as up for work at 0630.Apologies to the "fans who leave early Police!" New stand looked good though...............

You must drive at a snails pace, we left after the 3rd goal, and i was tucked up in bed by 20 past midnight. :greengrin

3pm
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Hibbies with a bit speed? No used to that.

Franck Le God
06-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Describing Maribor as a pub team is talking more garbage than anyone else on this thread.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Describing Maribor as a pub team is talking more garbage than anyone else on this thread.

There is only one pub team, and we all know who they are.

Franck Le God
06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
There is only one pub team, and we all know who they are.

:brokenyam: