PDA

View Full Version : Post match interviews

Spike Mandela
06-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Why does Yogi persist in saying things like this:yawn:............................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8875491.stm

I actually laughed when I read it, surely he can't seriously be happy with his 'boys' and the tactics. I'm all for positive psychology and all that but this was the perfect time for some home truths Yogi, was it not.

bingo70
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Why does Yogi persist in saying things like this:yawn:............................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8875491.stm

I actually laughed when I read it, surely he can't seriously be happy with his 'boys' and the tactics. I'm all for positive psychology and all that but this was the perfect time for some home truths Yogi, was it not.

Give it a rest eh?

Think we both know regardless of what he said you and others like you would have slated him.

We played ok last night, couldn't fault the players effort we were just beaten by a better team but i suppose you'd have been happier if Yogi came out and said we were pish and there's no hope for the coming season, that'd have done morale and confidence the world of good eh?!

WellingtonHibby
06-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Yogi bingo, He would be as well writing it all on a board and then pissing off early. There is no intelligent insights from the man as to how the game unfolded and his part in it:

" We gave it a right good go.."

did we john? becasue the score and manner of the defeat suggests we didnt...We were outplayed and outhought by a physically superior team over two legs. A right good go does not reflect the game in my opinion, or any of the other 13,499 in the ground.

" Ah cannae fault the boys fir effort.."

Did you miss the deflation and litlessness after we conceeded the first goal? Did you miss the sluggishness of our play, the continual slowing down of the ball to allow them to get 11 men behind the ball before crossed tha halfway line? I wish my boss used the same scale to judge effort.

"there were a lot of tired legs oot there"

WTF? Preseason? Tired? YOU set up the schedule! YOU planned the training, YOU sent the team out to play Carlisle last weekend. If you were anticipating tired legs, why on earth didnt you give them a rest on Saturday and put out some reserves?

"The boys have done ever so well for me, i cannae ask fir more..."

Ever so well? hmm. Really? Is getting papped out of the Uefa cup with barely a whimper of protest an indicator of an "ever so good" performance? I dinnae think so pal. Equally all this effort and commitment you have mentioned means little when not allied to a decent footballing strategy based upon sound principles and a coehsive set of tactics that reflect personell at the manager disposal. I would suggest that Hughes has consisitently failed to motivate and instruct the players to a standard befitting of the calibre of players he has. We are so one dimensional, its heartbreaking. Teams must draw up one tactical plan at the start of the season and just copy and paste it every time they come up against us.

In conclusion, Sorry John. Your post match comments just aren't cutting it at the moment. Can you please, at the very least, give us a spot of insight into why this team is underwhelmingly dissapointing. please.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Microphones the world over should take a restraining order out on him. It's wind and pish these days and it's wearing thin. And I'm a massive fan of Yogi.

The very fact he still persists with Nish, Riordan and Stokes up front with a three man midfield is a concern. It patently doesn't work.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Give it a rest eh?

Think we both know regardless of what he said you and others like you would have slated him.

We played ok last night, couldn't fault the players effort we were just beaten by a better team but i suppose you'd have been happier if Yogi came out and said we were pish and there's no hope for the coming season, that'd have done morale and confidence the world of good eh?!

I know what your saying, but I would prefer to actually hear some analysis of the game from him. Something which demonstrates he is actually learning something from these games. But no we get the usual pish.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Give it a rest eh?

For the record I have never slated Yogi, just find the predictable post match interview a tad tiresome.

So you gie it a rest ya sanctimonious git!!