PDA

View Full Version : The morning after

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Well, sobered up now, and trying to take a balanced view of things, so here I go

Positives:
1. Pitch Looked Great
2. East looked great, in fact whole stadium looks great
3. Good support at the game
4. We played better than last week
5. The guys sitting near us that though they could see cramond between the south and east stands:doh:
6. Rankin on the bench

Negatives:
1. We still made far too many silly mistakes
2. Nish, seriously this guy is like bambi on ice!!
3. Slow slow slow
4.Yogis usual post match pish
5. No wide players until it was too late
6. For some reason our players can't pass??

So basically, last night was an improvement, but it is like saying that govan is nicer than the gorbals, both are ****, just different shades!!

I hope hughes does the right thing.

On a lighter note, was anyone else confused when they first seen bamba, I thought hughes had picked thicot!

Don Giovanni
06-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Aye its seriously ****** when someone blatantly copies yer style.

Thought Bamba was well outta order...!

:greengrin:

number9dream
06-08-2010, 08:36 AM
The spine of the side is a worry.

Smith was a bag of nerves, Hogg is slow, doesn't appear to be an organiser and too quick to shell long balls forward, McBride & Miller are incredibly soft and slow, while Nish and his bizarre tip-toe running style is laughable at times. Only Bamba showed up well, playing with aggression, some composure and doing the odd bit of pointing, which passes for organisation in Scotland.

Given the personnel we have, I'm not sure what could be done to improve matters, although I think Stokes has to be played through the middle to get the best out him and we have to pray that Zemmama gets fit quickly and stays fit!

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 08:41 AM
The spine of the side is a worry.

Smith was a bag of nerves, Hogg is slow, doesn't appear to be an organiser and too quick to shell long balls forward, McBride & Miller are incredibly soft and slow, while Nish and his bizarre tip-toe running style is laughable at times. Only Bamba showed up well, playing with aggression, some composure and doing the odd bit of pointing, which passes for organisation in Scotland.

Given the personnel we have, I'm not sure what could be done to improve matters, although I think Stokes has to be played through the middle to get the best out him and we have to pray that Zemmama gets fit quickly and stays fit!

TBH I actually think we have a good squad of players. With Hart,Bamba and Hanlon at the back, Miller, De Graff,wotherspoon and zemmama in midfield and stokes,riordan up front.

Obviously a few spaces still to be filled in there, and our cover is not to great in some areas. But thats a better squad than most teams in scotland have, the trouble is how they are being played. Something is seriously wrong, either they don't understand yogis instructions or yogis instructions are just gash.