PDA

View Full Version : Trouble before the match

lucky
06-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Scotsman reporting that Maribor fans were fighting amongst themselves before the game. It also claimed a sizable Maribor support.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Football-fans-fight-running-battles.6460767.jp#5459996

Hibs On Tour
06-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Scotsman reporting that Maribor fans were fighting amongst themselves before the game. It also claimed a sizable Maribor support.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Football-fans-fight-running-battles.6460767.jp#5459996

Weren't 'fighting among themselves'... 25 Hibs went through 50 of them according to 'reports from the trenches'...

.Sean.
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
There was a fair bit of bother. My pal had to bolt up the Royal Mile.

Mikeystewart
06-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Pictures of the "battle" from the guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/edinburgh/2010/aug/05/edinburgh-hibs-maribor-canongate

Betty Boop
06-08-2010, 07:28 AM
The trouble was outside the Canon's Gait pub in the Royal Mile. The police emptied the place, and had about 30 or so guys cornered outside the pub. Lots of police cars, two ambulances, and riot vans, as the tourists looked on amazed.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
says in the Guardian
At 6.35pm I looked out of the window to see a pitched battle between two groups of young men, both sides appeared to be European in origin, both were shouting in a language I did not understand
was it Hibs or not?

Golden Bear
06-08-2010, 08:45 AM
says in the Guardian
At 6.35pm I looked out of the window to see a pitched battle between two groups of young men, both sides appeared to be European in origin, both were shouting in a language I did not understand
was it Hibs or not?

If the media see it that way then its fine by me. Hibs have a bad enough reputation already or so it would seem.

hibee_girl
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Stv news saying all the people arrested were Slovenian - http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/190358-30-arrested-following-royal-mile-riot/

J-C
06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Stv news saying all the people arrested were Slovenian - http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/190358-30-arrested-following-royal-mile-riot/

We had a message last night to stay away cause riot police were there, wouldn't surprise me if there was local Slovenians that live over her that were involved.

PaulSmith
06-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I wonder why L&B's football "intelligence" unit were not already policing these guys and let them rampage for a good 10 mins on the capitals main street.

pentlando
06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
says in the Guardian
was it Hibs or not?

nk maribor v hearts reserves maybe:confused:

ackeygraham
06-08-2010, 10:33 AM
i dont blame them, you ever had food from Pancho's? Maybe a dodgy enchillada? :wink:

zelda
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I overheard someone's saying before the game saying lots of maribor had been nicked.

legends of 73
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
We had a message last night to stay away cause riot police were there, wouldn't surprise me if there was local Slovenians that live over her that were involved.

you wouldn't have got that message if you were at the game:confused::confused:

J-C
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
you wouldn't have got that message if you were at the game:confused::confused:

Unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills, I work nights and if you didn't realise the game was played at night, excuse me for keeping a roof over my family's head and putting food on the table.:confused:

You are of course welcome to help out the next nighttime game by donating money into my bank account, to help with the bills.:wink:

SloopJB
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Possibly the single most potent argument against summer football, why would any administration allow the potential for football supporters to behave in such a way in the height of the tourist season?
To counter that it's once in a blue moon wont wash. it happened therefore can happen again.

I'm_cabbaged
06-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills, I work nights and if you didn't realise the game was played at night, excuse me for keeping a roof over my family's head and putting food on the table.:confused:

You are of course welcome to help out the next nighttime game by donating money into my bank account, to help with the bills.:wink:

Would never have thought it, a taxi driver pleading poverty. :rolleyes:

:greengrin

legends of 73
11-08-2010, 10:11 AM

i also work nights but swap my night off to go to the games and i think you could also do the same.

i also have a family and am the only one who works in the house so your not alone son.

the way you rant when on the ranks make people believe your there every week but i sussed you out months ago :greengrin

hibs0666
11-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Possibly the single most potent argument against summer football, why would any administration allow the potential for football supporters to behave in such a way in the height of the tourist season?
To counter that it's once in a blue moon wont wash. it happened therefore can happen again.

That's possibly the most trivial argument against summer football I've ever heard. :wink:

DCI Gene Hunt
11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
:wtf:Trivial? I thought it was complete and total pish.

The Guv