PDA

View Full Version : Graeme smith!

Cameron1875
06-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Does anyone think he is good enough for hibs because he seems to let in a barrowload everytime he plays. The defence seemed nervy with him in goal too. I just wanna hear if the fans feel he should be number 1 or if he should be punted.

Being honest i still dont feel we have solved the goalkeeping issue.

brightons hibby
06-08-2010, 04:20 AM
What i,ve seen on hibs tv. ( live in states). I agree with you that we have not addressed the problem.All three goalkeepers are very simalar. It,s time we spent some money to address this problem.

Judas Iscariot
06-08-2010, 06:33 AM
He's gash...

Steve20
06-08-2010, 06:44 AM
He is not very good. However, I think any keeper is going to struggle with a hopeless defence in front of them.

Toaods
06-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Beverages really solid, you made the right move for the future putting me and keeping him. Thought he was very unlucky with the penalty. Just had a look at the rota for the gloves and he'll be back v the Huns.
Good luck for the new season, Maka.

HibeePaj
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
We've got two good goalkeepers and Graeme Smith. Was gutted when he was announced in the starting lineup yesterday. Personally i think he's First Division material. anytime the ball when near him yesterday i started panicking. I don't think that Smith has any respect or command in his box where as Stack and Brown do.. I really have no idea why Yogi plays him, and fingers crossed he saw enough yesterday to make sure its Stack or Brown for number 1.

Paget

ggtth

Stevie Reid
06-08-2010, 08:44 AM
He had a couple of really poor moments and just don't feel secure at all with him in goals. And as for the moment where he casually waited and tried to lift the ball over the Maribor boy who was closing him down, these are the kind of lapses of judgement that have cost us so many goals in the last few years. Seems to have a general lack of technique too, I really wonder what our goalkeepers get coached.

SON OF PADDY
06-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Smith OUT the door !!

Kev
06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Smith is not good enough! When you have a team where only Bamba attacks anything in the air, how can you play a keeper that is so reluctant to come of his line (hence the 1st goal last night) and on the rare occassions he does gets no where near the ball! Time to see what Brown can do...

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Stack is my number 1, if he can alleviate his injury problems, which is obviously easier said than done

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Smith is not good enough! When you have a team where only Bamba attacks anything in the air, how can you play a keeper that is so reluctant to come of his line (hence the 1st goal last night) and on the rare occassions he does gets no where near the ball! Time to see what Brown can do...

Apart from the Hart incident when Smith's communication was poor/non existant, I felt he did not have a bad game, and was not to be faulted for any of the 3 goals

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Scott Thomson should be sacked, WTF does he do each day?

Kev
06-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Smith had 2 or 3 dodgy moments. He doesnt have shockingly bad errors like goalkeepers past but the accumulation of bad judgement, poor communication and nervy goalkeeping doesnt give the team much coinfidence! Sorry but the first goal being scored from inside the 6 yard box and the keeper firmly planted on his line, i dont know who else is you can look at.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Smith had 2 or 3 dodgy moments. He doesnt have shockingly bad errors like goalkeepers past but the accumulation of bad judgement, poor communication and nervy goalkeeping doesnt give the team much coinfidence! Sorry but the first goal being scored from inside the 6 yard box and the keeper firmly planted on his line, i dont know who else is you can look at.

Central defenders maybe?

Two of the attackers went for the cross and beat Bamba to it, someone lost their player

DaveF
06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Stack is my number 1, if he can alleviate his injury problems, which is obviously easier said than done

Yep, out of the 3, I'd have Stack in goal though I've never seen Brown so probably bit unfair to rule him out of things. That said, Hughes seems to have zero faith in him so it's unlikely he will ever play.

I'm not a fan of Smith at all - He does not inpsire any sort of confidence - but given Stack's injury issues, it looks like he might get a fair few games this season. Not good news IMO.

Currie-Cabbage
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Rubbish!

Kev
06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
All im saying is in all the time i have watched him, he never gives commanding performances. Always looks shakey and nervous, which cant be good for the defence! Just sick of not have a dependable keeper, its gone on too long!

Jones28
06-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Of course it doesnt help when the fans get on his back EVERY game. Half the Hibs support seems to want players to make mistakes so they've got something to moan about! Its ridiculous! Nothing to do with coaching or anything like that. PLayers are scared of the ball because they dont want criticism and to be attacked for making mistakes by the fans who are ready to scream abuse at them. We were playing well last season because the fans were happy and players were more confident because of this.

ackeygraham
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Brown needs a run out...Smith can go....Stack and Brown for the gloves.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Brown needs a run out...Smith can go....Stack and Brown for the gloves.

Good shout. Not sure the rules allow two goalies though. :greengrin

Brooster
06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Brown is the best goalie we have - by a country mile.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I must say that I really thought that Brown would be our number one this season, particularly after Smith's performances against Motherwell and Hearts in the top 6, and Stack being yet another Hibs GK to make a huge error against Hearts.

For us to have used 2 GKs already this season and him not to be one of them is hard to understand.

FromTheCapital
06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Graeme Smith was really a bombscare Last Night. Put Brown in goal and that will do.

BT58
06-08-2010, 11:09 AM
there's a post on the bounce stating that brown may be away to st Johnstone
in swap for midfielder???? Brown should get the gloves for Blackpool game, with stack as no 2

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Smith is no good, and even if he was half-decent, we don't need 3 first team goalies. Brown should be number 1 with Stack as back-up, if one get's injured bring in a young goalie to warm the bench instead of that diddy.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
IMO neither stack or smith are good enough. Brown surely worth a shot.

I do think we need to get settled on a number 1. So much about def is making sure you know each other and playing as a unit. That just can't happen if we keep chopping and changing.

Jamesie
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Graeme Smith once looked like a safe pair of hands but ever since the Motherwell debacle last season he's been rubbish and inspires no confidence whatsoever. The curse strikes again...

Speedway
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Brown is the best goalie we have - by a country mile.

Any idea why he can't get a game then? I'm assuming Yogi's picking his goalies on Thomson's recommendations.

Keith_M
06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Does anyone think he is good enough for hibs

Simple answer, No.

Is Brown fit? If so, why isn't Yogi giving him a chance to show what he can do?

(((Fergus)))
06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Smith is like a little boy lost who manages to shrink/fall back when the ball is kicked at him, presenting less of a barrier to the shot.

Stack is injury prone, although half decent.

Brown? Who knows?

Maka was at least a decent shot stopper and quite commanding in the air and I would definitely have kept him as number 2.

The wages for Brown, Smith and Stack should have been spent on ONE proper number one.

Rather take the gamble that he will stay injury free than pay good money to ensure that we have a mediocre/crap keeper in goals at all times.

"goalkeeping school" is patently a load of nonsense for a club like hibs!

(((Fergus)))
06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Graeme Smith once looked like a safe pair of hands but ever since the Motherwell debacle last season he's been rubbish and inspires no confidence whatsoever. The curse strikes again...

He looked way out his depth against Ross County FFS

At The Edge
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Not sure if its a catch 22, the defence don't look comfy with Smith behind them and Smith doesn't look comfy with his defence, his command of the box is nil, when i saw him warming up last night my head sank a little, IMO hes not Hibs No1 choice.
His distribution is slow and his reluctance to come off his line is not good. Keepers get all the protection in the world during a game, maybe the Keeper school needs to tell him that :confused:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm still to be convinced he's an actual keeper, surely he's just blagged this gig?:bitchy:

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Smith was good at motherwell but now he is just crap.

I think buffon is the answer.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Smith spends the game shouting instructions in a squeaky voice, yet the defenders don't seem to hear a word he says. In fact, I reckon they just ignore him.

500miles
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
He's been a bit unfortunate I think. He showed a lot of promise at Well, but his next move was an unfortunate one. He got thrown in goals, let in a barrel load (apparently not down to his goalkeeping, rather defensive lapses), and got hooked by the new management. Then he came here, got put in goal, played well, and got unfairly dumped back to the bench.

I reckon if we put a bit of faith in him, and the midfield stops putting so much pressure on the back four, then he'll gain a bit of confidence and kick on.

Big Frank
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
He's gash...

unfortunately, i agree:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I reckon if you and my charismatic self teamed up we could get him back! I'll pay all reasonable travel costs for us :wink: :greengrin

Yip i agree, now where is Mr Marshall these days?

stokesmessiah
06-08-2010, 10:49 PM
IMO neither stack or smith are good enough. Brown surely worth a shot.

I do think we need to get settled on a number 1. So much about def is making sure you know each other and playing as a unit. That just can't happen if we keep chopping and changing.

This for me is the biggest problem because i am not convinced Yogi knows who his no1 keeper is. All the chopping and changing is not allowing any to settle into the role.

For me a GK is the same as a striker....you cant just keep alternating and hoping one of them works out in the same way you would not change your forwards everyweek and expect them to notch 20+ goals !!!!!????

DH1875
07-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Where is Mark Brown? Is he out injured again? Herd St. Johnstone are in for him, anyone know if it's true or not.

Gala Foxes
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
no confidence at all in Smith, doesn't command his 6 yard box ,
Ross County away,
Motherwell 6-6

HIBERNIALEITH
08-08-2010, 12:59 AM
After watching the Leeds game 2nite, maybe Yogi should be phoning Casper! He was looking the part! Surely Yogi must have his number on his mobile! And Rod should release the funds for him!!!!! Errrrrm, maybe time for bed....too many ciders!!!!

RoYO!
08-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Where is Mark Brown? Is he out injured again? Herd St. Johnstone are in for him, anyone know if it's true or not.

He was on the bench vs Maribor. Just get him in and see what happens! - that's where I am now, can't be bothered with stack and smith.

Greenblood70
08-08-2010, 10:01 AM
No confidence whatsoever in Smith...he doesn't even look like he has any confidence in his own ability. I've never seen such an indecisive keeper at Hibs...he's in the Zibi, Simon Brown bracket imo..maybe better than Simon Brown but no better than Zibi.

We seem to concede at least 3 every time he plays now..