PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted with tonights support

Underdose
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I didnt post this immediately to give myself time to reflect and calm down but here it comes.

I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team.

Pre match there was people around me already sharpening their knives ready with insults and abuse before a ball had been kicked. And it didnt take long for it to start. What a great support we have when our own 'supporters' turn on the team and other fans around them within 10mins of the game kicking off.

Clearly some people cant see past their own hatred of certain players as they get it in the neck whenever they touch the ball be it good or bad. Hardly inspires confidence in the team when they turn up to that.

Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!

Every week we get complaints about hoofball on here yet tonight if a Hibs player didnt launch the ball forward within 2 secs of receiving the ball the the abuse and discontent started.

The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team.

End of the day we're out of europe - no real surprise. Beaten by the better team (just because you hadnt heard off them before the game does not give us some right to beat them). They were technically superior to our players. Such a shame that they still felt the need to dive, roll about and time waste whenever possible. Either way as has been pointed out by others they were better than anything we will face in the spl this season.

Those calling for Yogi's head already should perhaps consider switching to the gorgie mob - that kind of thing goes down well over there apparently. I can guarentee you now if thats the kind of support theres going to be this season it will be a poor season. But hey lets take a leaf out of the yams book and abuse our own players and manager. Lets replace the manager several times a season. It's working out well for them isn't it!!?

Rant over. Don't bother asking me to justify anything or starting your crap with me. I won't be back on the forum for some time as its genuinely depressing to log on each day and see that some can't help having a go at players/manager/tactics on positive threads like East stand build pics.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Where were you sitting? I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for the first twenty minutes around where I was sitting. Even after they scored and the tie was gone there was no real vitriolic abuse thrown at the players.

Westie1875
06-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Where were you sitting? I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for the first twenty minutes around where I was sitting. Even after they scored and the tie was gone there was no real vitriolic abuse thrown at the players.

I agree with you, up until they scored it was very good around where I was sat in the west lower with lots of encouragement from the fans - had we scored first then that would have continued but knowing we needed 5 goals once they scored deflated everyone. I am still astonished that tonight was a sell out after last weeks result.

bingo70
06-08-2010, 12:27 AM
completely agree, the vast majority of hibs fans around me tonight were complete dicks, in defence though once the fannies went home i was quite proud when the rest of us clapped Maribor off the park, IMO it's class like that that seperates us from the ****bos.

legends of 73
06-08-2010, 12:51 AM
there was a bird behind me booing bamba when his name was being read out. So ouch for getting behind the team then she comes out with we all should join the 12th man campgain and she was helping set it up. You couldn't make it up. We got stuffed from a team that were better than us in all departments end of. I am very critical of players but to boo them is just out of order.

sixtwo
06-08-2010, 01:07 AM
couldn't be bothered reading you whole post because it seemed so unneccessarily long and i was bored after the heading and second sentence.

i started songs in the west, i cheered louder than others and booed when things went against us. I also left early when it was apparent that we were ***** not in with a chance of progressing. the truth is the team and management let us down last week and tonight and gave us little to cheer about!

I love hibs with all my heart. i'm sitting here at 2 am when i know i have to be up for work at 6am!

the fact remains, mr hughes struggled towards the end of last year.A reasonable manager would have seen hibs finish 3rd!
he got nothing out the team this year. he is not a novice. he has a couple of years in the spl with falkirk but closer inspection shows he played nice football but won **** all and flirted with relegation!

Hibercelona
06-08-2010, 01:31 AM
It's hard to be up beat when you are losing 3-0 before a ball is even kicked.

Disgusted with the support?

Hibs didn't deserve anybody at the game.

ski1875
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Completely utterly agree with the op if your gonna sit and moan at the players and manager all game and boo them off the park don't bother coming.

Steve20
06-08-2010, 06:53 AM
The old blame the fans thread again. Excellent. :rolleyes:

I unfortunately read the whole of the original post and it's nonsense.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Yep, defo not the managers fault, defo not the players fault. It's all caused by some fans moaning in the stands:yawn:

brythehibby
06-08-2010, 07:09 AM

I unfortunately read the whole of the original post and it's nonsense.

Agreed. My missus said to me just at kick off it's the loudest it's been for a long time. Fans were right up for it but sadly the players weren't. The OP is utter ******!

.Sean.
06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Fannys galore around me in the south lower. No real racial abuse, a couple shouts of 'foreign pansies' and the like when they started their diving antics in the second half but that was it. Plenty fuds in the Hibs end tonight who don't know the meaning of the word support. I think the guy behind me must've told every single player to **** off. I was astonished by the abuse chucked by the row behind me. Especially one guy in particular. He had a vocab of four words- 'WIIIDE' and 'nae **** naw?' To be fair he did have a point as yet again Yogi was proved to be totally tactically inept with his one dimensional approach. Folk did have every right to be fuming though, what with this constant drivel being played out on the park.

Barney McGrew
06-08-2010, 07:14 AM

Yep, defo not the managers fault, defo not the players fault. It's all caused by some fans moaning in the stands:yawn:

If you re-read the OP, you'll see there's no point in it where Underdose blames the fans for the result last night.

:cool2:

lucky
06-08-2010, 07:29 AM
The original OP is having a laugh he insults the Hibs support the .net community then states he'll not be back on to substantiate his arguments. Why? the whole point of forums is debate share your views and opinions. If you disagree you press the reply button type your response.
alternatively don't join the forum. simples!

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 07:32 AM
If you re-read the OP, you'll see there's no point in it where Underdose blames the fans for the result last night.

:cool2:

I think it was implied quotes like the following

"The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team."

"Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!"

"I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team."

maybe just my reading of it, but to me he is blaming the fans!!

Barney McGrew
06-08-2010, 07:35 AM
maybe just my reading of it, but to me he is blaming the fans!!

Maybe it's just my reading of it, but I don't think he is.

He's simply pointing out that there's sections of our 'support' who could do well to go and look up it's definition in the dictionary. :cool2:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Let's get some objectivity here
I can't believe there's not been a study into the impact on performance the home support has
Summary of the findings please...

MacBean
06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
I didn't once shout at the players I was well up for the game and had a great feeling after the first fifteen minutes. It was abrilliant atmosphere until they scored. Even until half time I was optimistic that we might make a game of the tie at least. But no.

As the game wore on yogi proved he is out of his depth and needs to leave, we've watched this p!sh football for 7 months now it doesn't sit well with me. I didn't boo the team but after the third goal went in I knew that I had seen enough of yogis 'football' got up applauded Maribor for their goal, and left giving some sheer frustrated shout to yogi. I want him our and I'm not afraid to voice that concern for the GOOD of my club.

You may say it's the start of the season or whatever but quite frankly it's been the whole of 2010 that we have been utter garbage. Times up over out!

Keith_M
06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
I was in the FF Lower yesterday and didn't experience what the OP did. I for one thought the atmosphere was excellent for the first 15 minutes or so but, as others have already said, went a bit flat when they scored.

However, booing your own team off the pitch at half-time? Nah, I'm sorry but I'd hardly call that being a 'supporter'.

Like it or not, we were beaten by a much better team.

Oh well, there's always out next Euro tie in five years......................

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 08:20 AM

He's simply pointing out that there's sections of our 'support' who could do well to go and look up it's definition in the dictionary. :cool2:

I think we'll have to agree to differ on that one. Also, blindly accepting mediocre performances, in fact "supporting" the team for producing these performances really isn't helping them either. You could argue it's the exact opposite of supporting your team.

I'm not for hailing abuse at players all game long, or for needlessly booing the team off the pitch, but last night was shocking and it wasn't the fans fault.

deek1875
06-08-2010, 08:29 AM
:boo hoo:
I didnt post this immediately to give myself time to reflect and calm down but here it comes.

I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team.

Pre match there was people around me already sharpening their knives ready with insults and abuse before a ball had been kicked. And it didnt take long for it to start. What a great support we have when our own 'supporters' turn on the team and other fans around them within 10mins of the game kicking off.

Clearly some people cant see past their own hatred of certain players as they get it in the neck whenever they touch the ball be it good or bad. Hardly inspires confidence in the team when they turn up to that.

Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!

Every week we get complaints about hoofball on here yet tonight if a Hibs player didnt launch the ball forward within 2 secs of receiving the ball the the abuse and discontent started.

The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team.

End of the day we're out of europe - no real surprise. Beaten by the better team (just because you hadnt heard off them before the game does not give us some right to beat them). They were technically superior to our players. Such a shame that they still felt the need to dive, roll about and time waste whenever possible. Either way as has been pointed out by others they were better than anything we will face in the spl this season.

Those calling for Yogi's head already should perhaps consider switching to the gorgie mob - that kind of thing goes down well over there apparently. I can guarentee you now if thats the kind of support theres going to be this season it will be a poor season. But hey lets take a leaf out of the yams book and abuse our own players and manager. Lets replace the manager several times a season. It's working out well for them isn't it!!?

Rant over. Don't bother asking me to justify anything or starting your crap with me. I won't be back on the forum for some time as its genuinely depressing to log on each day and see that some can't help having a go at players/manager/tactics on positive threads like East stand build pics.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think we'll have to agree to differ on that one. Also, blindly accepting mediocre performances, in fact "supporting" the team for producing these performances really isn't helping them either. You could argue it's the exact opposite of supporting your team.

I'm not for hailing abuse at players all game long, or for needlessly booing the team off the pitch, but last night was shocking and it wasn't the fans fault.

Just because you feel that the way to support your team when they are actually out on the pitch is by positively encouraging them does not mean you are blindly accepting mediocrity.
I'd love you to expand on how offering encouragement could ever be the exact opposite of supporting your team. :greengrin

heretoday
06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I've turned into a fair weather fan after 47 years of pain, angst and considerable expense.

Last night I sensed stormy weather so I stayed away.

I think I made the right decision.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Just because you feel that the way to support your team when they are actually out on the pitch is by positively encouraging them does not mean you are blindly accepting mediocrity.
I'd love you to expand on how offering encouragement could ever be the exact opposite of supporting your team. :greengrin

well, if someone is doing something wrong, you don't just say well done anyway, give them a clap and walk off.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 08:40 AM
well, if someone is doing something wrong, you don't just say well done anyway, give them a clap and walk off.

That's not what I am suggesting though. And it still doesn't explain how offering support becomes the exact opposite of supporting the team.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I blame big brother
Maybe it's a cultural phenomenon but when folks the public never knew get boos just to se the reaction it's changed days
Patience in a playstation MTV sky generation ? just ask the parents

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 08:41 AM
The original OP is having a laugh he insults the Hibs support the .net community then states he'll not be back on to substantiate his arguments. Why? the whole point of forums is debate share your views and opinions. If you disagree you press the reply button type your response.
alternatively don't join the forum. simples!

I think he is far from having a laugh. He insults part of the hibs support and quite rightly so. I seem to remember mcbride getting absolute vitriolic dogs abuse, for the heinous crime of preventing a ball getting delivered into the box and conceding a corner. That sort of crap was happening all night.

He is also quite right when he says that the hibs support appears to get v restless anytime the ball is not being played direct.

The reason people can't be bothered to hear what people have to say in response is that now and again you'll be subject to some twank sprouting crap about loyalty/ what do you know rants. it's not an informed logical debate that ensues.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I blame big brother
Maybe it's a cultural phenomenon but when folks the public never knew get boos just to se the reaction it's changed days
Patience in a playstation MTV sky generation ? just ask the parents

Actually my parents used to boo me. They still do.:boo hoo:

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 08:44 AM

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I think he is far from having a laugh. He insults part of the hibs support and quite rightly so. I seem to remember mcbride getting absolute vitriolic dogs abuse, for the heinous crime of preventing a ball getting delivered into the box and conceding a corner. That sort of crap was happening all night.

He is also quite right when he says that the hibs support appears to get v restless anytime the ball is not being played direct.

The reason people can't be bothered to hear what people have to say in response is that now and again you'll be subject to some twank sprouting crap about loyalty/ what do you know rants. it's not an informed logical debate that ensues.

:agree: Yet then go berserk because we play the long ball game. :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 08:48 AM
That's not what I am suggesting though. And it still doesn't explain how offering support becomes the exact opposite of supporting the team.

Well that depends, if you look at what I actually said, which was

"Also, blindly accepting mediocre performances, in fact "supporting" the team for producing these performances really isn't helping them either. You could argue it's the exact opposite of supporting your team."

So I'm talking about people blindly supporting regardless and having a go at anyone who dares to criticise.

Blindly supporting someone doesn't help them. There is no point telling someone they are great if they aren't, the truth might hurt but in the long run it's for the best.

I'd rather be honest about our performance, not berate players and the manager, but be honest never the less. If I see a player doing something wrong then I'll shout out. If I see a player doing something right I'll cheer and clap. To me thats supporting.

18/03/07
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Could be worse,you can be a yam:bitchy:

Barney McGrew
06-08-2010, 08:53 AM
So I'm talking about people blindly supporting regardless and having a go at anyone who dares to criticise.

So anyone who criticises the behaviour of some parts of the support last night must be blindly supporting regardless?

There's plenty of people who realise the limitations and shortcomings of the team and manager, they just don't choose to do it by slating the players/manager/catering staff/seagulls at the first opportunity as soon as the first pass goes astray.

Blindly supporting? No.

Supporting? Yes

RIP
06-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Sometimes it takes balls to be a Hibby! A minority last night in the South Upper had nae balls.

When they finally slope in 10 minutes late fae the pub after their eight pint they immediately start spitting blood and God knows what else at players, manager, chairman. Most (sadly) were my age group - middle aged stress bags and grumpy auld men, nervous wrecks, stress bags wi their sphincters quivering.

Some even tried to boo at the end but we drowned them out.

When the chips are down they are off. When we go a goal down their heids go down. When the going gets tough the cowardly get going. Nae spine, nae class, nae courage and nae point in them being at Easter Road if that's their idea of being the 12thMan.

Save yer money for the entrance money for the pub lads :bye: Or if yer no already a lost cause - step up to the plate and stand up to be counted!

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I had to laugh last night, we sat in the upper west, near the south stand. The atmosphere was good, everyone to a man was getting behind the team. Then Maribor scored, and it became a hate fest within 10 seconds of the goal. :faf::faf: It was like the small child not getting his sweeties at the supermarket, rolling around the floor crying because he was not getting his own way. :faf::faf:

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I think that generally the support was alright esp in the first 20. Obv people were going to get downheartened after losing the goal.

What I could really do without are the guys who feel they have to 'share' there absolute hatred of players. Internal monologue anyone? :wink:

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I've had the good fortune to have been able to go to around 100 games in England and abroad over the last 10 years, and I always try to get in with the best part of the home support be it at Man City, Sheffield Utd or Crewe.

I've also had an ST at ER for the better part of twenty years.

How do we compare? I genuinely believe we are the most critical support in the UK. (We also seem to take defeat worse than anyone else - look at the traumatised look of fans leaving next defeat - its like an advert for Samaritans).

When we're up, its fantastic, but the decline in the entertainment value of performances (if not in our league position) since Mowbray left has had a catastrophic effect on atmosphere and attitude. Mixu's reign was like a kind of Harry Potter-esque Dementor sucking of the soul, and I dont think we have ever collectively recovered.

This, coupled with the amount of ill-informed, downright stupid p!sh that flows from some of the more vocal supporters can make ER are a fairly depressing place when things go bad.

I hasten to add that every club has their share of numpty buffoons, but we seem to have a lot who turn up to the game with the sole aim of heaping vitriol on players.

By the way, this is nothing new - I remember as a boy hearing the shout when a goal was scored by the somewhat unpopular Stuart Turnbull "Aye, that wis a *****e goal Turnbull!"

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
So anyone who criticises the behaviour of some parts of the support last night must be blindly supporting regardless?

There's plenty of people who realise the limitations and shortcomings of the team and manager, they just don't choose to do it by slating the players/manager/catering staff/seagulls at the first opportunity as soon as the first pass goes astray.

Blindly supporting? No.

Supporting? Yes

I haven't said anyone who criticises some fans is blindly supporting the team. I do however feel that a lot of good fans are suddenly being classed as non supporters because they speak there mind during the game.

This is not the same as

"slating the players/manager/catering staff/seagulls at the first opportunity as soon as the first pass goes astray."

The rush to slate our own fans is in my mind wrong, the support last night I felt was actually very good up until half time, at which point peoples frustrations started to come out. This happened towards the end of last season as well, with some folks rushing on here after games to slate there fellow fans with very little reason to do so in my opinion.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Sometimes it takes balls to be a Hibby! A minority last night in the South Upper had nae balls.

When they finally slope in 10 minutes late fae the pub after their eight pint they immediately start spitting blood and God knows what else at players, manager, chairman. Most (sadly) were my age group - middle aged stress bags and grumpy auld men, nervous wrecks, stress bags wi their sphincters quivering.

When the chips are down they are off. When we go a goal down their heids go down. When the going gets tough the cowardly get going. Nae spine, nae class, nae courage and nae point in them being at Easter Road if that's their idea of being the 12thMan.

Save yer money for the entrance money for the pub lads :bye: Or if yer no already a lost cause - step up to the plate and stand up to be counted!
:thumbsup::agree::thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
06-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Shouting abuse at people is destructive.

Nothing positive can ever be gained from it.

"F off Nish, you're sheit".

That'll help. :bitchy:

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Last night in the FF Upper was just as bad.......well one guy in particular who was shouting unmerited abuse at Deek, Nish and Miller.....I told him to support the team and he started mouthing off saying he'd kick my head in etc.....good luck scraping the grease out his eye when he flicks his hair over....

JimBHibees
06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Fannys galore around me in the south lower. No real racial abuse, a couple shouts of 'foreign pansies' and the like when they started their diving antics in the second half but that was it. Plenty fuds in the Hibs end tonight who don't know the meaning of the word support. I think the guy behind me must've told every single player to **** off. I was astonished by the abuse chucked by the row behind me. Especially one guy in particular. He had a vocab of four words- 'WIIIDE' and 'nae **** naw?' To be fair he did have a point as yet again Yogi was proved to be totally tactically inept with his one dimensional approach. Folk did have every right to be fuming though, what with this constant drivel being played out on the park.

Yep you must have been pretty close to me, some absolute clowns who did nothing but abuse the players
after the first goal went in. They really must hate themselves and their lives to be so full of hatred and angst at a football game.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Thought the support never fully got behind the team from the start, and when the opener wnet in, it was like sitting in a morgue or a library.....

I would have thought that is when the team needed support and encouragement..... We all knew an away goal was highly likely, so why not try to gee the team on after it occurred?

Stew the Hibee
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Yep you must have been pretty close to me, some absolute clowns who did nothing but abuse the players
after the first goal went in. They really must hate themselves and their lives to be so full of hatred and angst at a football game.

Must have been quite near me too then. The first time Hogg got the ball, they went all out on him, as they did for Nish. I don't understand why "fans" decide that to slate a player is in anyway a good thing, and do nothing at all to encourage the team. They even refused to clap the players as the came out for the start of the match.

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Thought the support never fully got behind the team from the start, and when the opener wnet in, it was like sitting in a morgue or a library.....

I would have thought that is when the team needed support and encouragement..... We all knew an away goal was highly likely, so why not try to gee the team on after it occurred?

Also, what i found truly bizarre was when the penatly went in, about 2000 people got up and left. Did they really think we were going to score 4 goals prior to that? did they suddenly realise we were going out. Weird. Its not as if we get to Europe that often that to miss 1/3 of the game is a logical thing to do.

bighairyfaeleith
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Also, what i found truly bizarre was when the penatly went in, about 2000 people got up and left. Did they really think we were going to score 4 goals prior to that? did they suddenly realise we were going out. Weird. Its not as if we get to Europe that often that to miss 1/3 of the game is a logical thing to do.

I think for a lot of people it's just a way of showing your not happy with what you are seeing, as I said on another thread, I take my hat off to the fans who stayed till the end, but I wasn't one of them.

MacBean
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM

Were you in the pub? :confused:

the atmosphere for the first 20 minutes was electric

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Not in my opinion...........

And if you say it was electric, did the meter only last for 20 minutes......

A European home tie, and the fans were like librarians

Hainan Hibs
06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I think Hibs should really look into an Uberfan(ny) area for the dozens of fans who believe they are above the others. They can spend 90 minutes patting each other on the back and revel in each others smugness. They can also get handed wireless internet with access to .net so they can show their outrage and pretend to be better than any beggar who even thinks about voicing a negative opinion.

:greengrin

dangermouse
06-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I stayed to the end and applauded both teams off the park. To be honest we were beaten by the better team although the ref didn't help with a soft penalty.

Some around me (West Lower) got up and left after the first goal went in shouting abuse at Yogi. Let's be honest here, Yogi is our manager and looks to be for the foreseeable future. This was only his second European tie so let's cut him some slack as the team did have a mountain to climb.

At the end of the day, all those berating Yogi's tactics last night what would you have done different to ensure we won the tie and progressed to the next round? I was bemused by someone shouting that he didn't even have a striker on the bench. Could that be because they were all on the park.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I think Hibs should really look into an Uberfan(ny) area for the dozens of fans who believe they are above the others. They can spend 90 minutes patting each other on the back and revel in each others smugness. They can also get handed wireless internet with access to .net so they can show their outrage and pretend to be better than any beggar who even thinks about voicing a negative opinion.

Can I be first in line to join this section?:wink:

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM

Where do I sign? :greengrin

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM

Were you in south? It was embarassing watching grant stott do his best from the west upper.

I then tried and failed to continue songs started in the south. Looking forward to getting into the east and not feeling like an imposter

Nando™
06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Ken, as per.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 10:13 AM

I think the key here is that there's a difference between 'voicing' your opinion and red in the face-rage fuelled rants. No-one wants/needs to hear it.

Tell it to your anger management counselor if hogg has really got to you that much :wink:

Stevie Reid
06-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Blindly supporting? No.

Supporting? Yes

I've had the good fortune to have been able to go to around 100 games in England and abroad over the last 10 years, and I always try to get in with the best part of the home support be it at Man City, Sheffield Utd or Crewe.

I've also had an ST at ER for the better part of twenty years.

How do we compare? I genuinely believe we are the most critical support in the UK. (We also seem to take defeat worse than anyone else - look at the traumatised look of fans leaving next defeat - its like an advert for Samaritans).

When we're up, its fantastic, but the decline in the entertainment value of performances (if not in our league position) since Mowbray left has had a catastrophic effect on atmosphere and attitude. Mixu's reign was like a kind of Harry Potter-esque Dementor sucking of the soul, and I dont think we have ever collectively recovered.

This, coupled with the amount of ill-informed, downright stupid p!sh that flows from some of the more vocal supporters can make ER are a fairly depressing place when things go bad.

I hasten to add that every club has their share of numpty buffoons, but we seem to have a lot who turn up to the game with the sole aim of heaping vitriol on players.

By the way, this is nothing new - I remember as a boy hearing the shout when a goal was scored by the somewhat unpopular Stuart Turnbull "Aye, that wis a *****e goal Turnbull!"

All good posts chaps (amongst many others).

I genuinely feel that society as a whole has been hugely affected by the fact that so much of what is passed off as 'entertainment' these days is based around confrontation being their main selling point, people seem to love seeing other people getting tore in about each other or getting ripped to shreds on national telly - maybe what we're experiencing on here and at ER is just a sign of the times, but **** me, it's a depressing environment to be in.

It's one thing to be absolutely convinced that a manager is not up to the task or that certain players are not of the level of ability required - but the desire of many on here and at games to not only criticise Yogi and the players, but to hurl brutal personal abuse and insults at them is extreme, and I do not understand it. Emotions run high at football matches, and we all get annoyed at players and managers at times, of course - but the idea of some on here that it's somehow beneficial to lacerate with abuse over the course of 90 minutes is ridiculous, and of course helps no one of a Hibs persuasion on the park or in the stands.

I have concerns about the current side myself, but we have so much going for us as a club at the moment - including a fantastic stadium - that the negativity surrounding the place is truly perplexing and unbelievably frustrating.

we are hibs
06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Actually my parents used to boo me. They still do.:boo hoo:

on annother note is hibs in the cis cup draw today

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
on annother note is hibs in the cis cup draw today

nope 3rd round

MacBean
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Can I be first in line to join this section?:wink:

Where do I sign? :greengrin

I think the key here is that there's a difference between 'voicing' your opinion and red in the face-rage fuelled rants. No-one wants/needs to hear it.

Tell it to your anger management counselor if hogg has really got to you that much :wink:

Such section exists. It has been opened in the East Stand. There are 1000 seats allocated as a "Singing Section" was announced, months ago. Get involved
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100427/east-stand-singing-section_2262950_2036399

Were you in south? It was embarassing watching grant stott do his best from the west upper.

I then tried and failed to continue songs started in the south. Looking forward to getting into the east and not feeling like an imposter

I was West Upper near the Away stand. From where i was the atmosphere was brilliant for the twenty minutes, but christ that was cringeworthy listening to Stotty!

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Such section exists. It has been opened in the East Stand. There are 1000 seats allocated as a "Singing Section" was announced, months ago. Get involved
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100427/east-stand-singing-section_2262950_2036399

I was West Upper near the Away stand. From where i was the atmosphere was brilliant for the twenty minutes, but christ that was cringeworthy listening to Stotty!

Aye, was in west upper towards the north. Thought the south made a decent noise. Can't wait to get in the east! Didn't like it at all in the west upper. Good view tho :)

I like grant stott but wasn't helped by the fact that the PA wasn't near loud enough.

patlowe
06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
It's a tough one this. There were a lot of idiots around me in the FF lower and the fickle nature of our support beggars belief. Booing, sarcastic jeers and random outbursts of rage were the order of the day. This does absolutely no good whatsoever. I understand that this is more difficult to resist for some than others, but when you see grown men bawling vicious tirades at the players/Hughes in front of their children, it really makes me question whether I can really be arsed with it all. Get a grip FFS. Also, this audible tension when a hibs player dares to pass the ball backwards does my head in. Ok, we've not mastered the art of Spanish possession football quite yet, but give them a chance! No wonder Scottish players are terrified to take a touch on the ball and play a pass. Some of the biggest cheers of the night came for sliding tackles by hibs players. Is that what people pay to see? Really?

However, last night's performance (and that of recent years) was thoroughly depressing. I can understand why people are upset when a club from Slovenia, with no real profile and little-known players, teach us a comprehensive lesson in passing football. Watching the game, I couldn't help thinking, where does Scottish football go from here? Only Deeks (also DW briefly and Miller in very sporadic bursts) looked worthy of gracing the european stage tonight. Tiny eastern European countries are now light years ahead of Scotland in terms of technical ability and tactical awareness. I'm normally quite positive about Scottish football (or at least I try to be) but I don't think there's anyone even in the national side with the skill some of those Maribor players have. Their passing and movement was a joy. And it's not complicated, it's simple stuff. We're just so perenially stuck in the dark ages football wise, we can't get our heads round it.

Towards the end of the game tonight I heard a wee boy say: "I wish you hadn't brought me tonight Dad" and then "Are you still going to support hibs after this?". Pretty ominous comments coming from a potential supporter of the future.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Can't agree with patlowe more :thumbsup:

well said.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2010, 11:02 AM

:agree: Yep, and booing after their 2nd and 3rd goals. :crazy:
Guy sitting along from me was more on the ball though. After they scored their first, he turned to his mate and asked how many we would now need to get through - four, or five? On being told five, he got up and left. :bitchy:

MacBean
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Aye, was in west upper towards the north. Thought the south made a decent noise. Can't wait to get in the east! Didn't like it at all in the west upper. Good view tho :)

I like grant stott but wasn't helped by the fact that the PA wasn't near loud enough.

yeah he wasn't helped much last night and the "applause" was like being at a conference or something! haha!

I like the guy hes a good radio host and a great hibee, always happy to help out the hibs cause (As was shown with his reminders of the 12th Man campaign.)

Cant believe we've resorted to getting a mascot though :bitchy:

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I was there last night, i saw how bad we were and how wrong yogi got the tactics, but if you really support hibs you don't boo them at any time or any player playing for us, no matter how bad they played they still wear the hibs strip and try for us. Maybe i understand why people were annoyed, but you never boo your own players. Some of the fans last night were disgraceful.

Thomson1875
06-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good, Best in a while i was south upper about the middle of the side closest to the west. 10-15minutes was quality then not that good, Toys out the pram after that.

There where some fannies around me but most folk around me never really shouted abuse looked more pissed off, Which i was kind of aswell but theres not much shouting your head off at the teams going to do.

Guy at the back that kept going "wheeey" everytime we passed the ball and tried to start we want 7 was pissing alot of people in front of me off. Least he wasnt shouting rajing abuse.

Maribor have some very good players and triers. I wouldnt mind just getting beat knowing we had a very good go and showed some passion.

Yogi needs to learn something and fast imo, Im no manager but i reckon most could have got the team achieving a bit more.

Nameless
06-08-2010, 11:31 AM

:yawn:

Thank god for small mercies:bye:

Gatecrasher
06-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good, Best in a while i was south upper about the middle of the side closest to the west. 10-15minutes was quality then not that good, Toys out the pram after that.

There where some fannies around me but most folk around me never really shouted abuse looked more pissed off, Which i was kind of aswell but theres not much shouting your head off at the teams going to do.

Guy at the back that kept going "wheeey" everytime we passed the ball and tried to start we want 7 was pissing alot of people in front of me off. Least he wasnt shouting rajing abuse.

Maribor have some very good players and triers. I wouldnt mind just getting beat knowing we had a very good go and showed some passion.

Yogi needs to learn something and fast imo, Im no manager but i reckon most could have got the team achieving a bit more.

i was near you then, the south upper was fine compared to some of the posts on this thread which are disapointing to read.

the atmosphere was great for about 20 mins as others have said but when maribor scored the atmosphere went away about as quickly as the team ran out of ideas, i didnt boo, shout abuse or anything like that i sat watched my team perform poorly at a pedestrian pace against a side that would give the OF a go each year, i left after a fabulous third goal from them, as good as maribor were i couldnt watch any more

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 11:42 AM
:yawn:

Thank god for small mercies:bye:

Most people I reckon have agreed with the op. No need to hang around to hear people having a go for saying what most people are thinking.

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 11:46 AM
i was near you then, the south upper was fine compared to some of the posts on this thread which are disapointing to read.

the atmosphere was great for about 20 mins as others have said but when maribor scored the atmosphere went away about as quickly as the team ran out of ideas, i didnt boo, shout abuse or anything like that i sat watched my team perform poorly at a pedestrian pace against a side that would give the OF a go each year, i left after a fabulous third goal from them, as good as maribor were i couldnt watch any more

Aye I was impressed by the noise coming from the south end. I was in there for the last half of the season, so it's always hard to say how loud it is to the rest of the crowd. But :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
06-08-2010, 11:50 AM

:agree: Agree. I thought the atmosphere was good until the goal went in, and then it was more just mopey silence than visceral hatred of players or the manager. At least where I was sitting.

clashcityhibby
06-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I was in the West Upper and thought it was pretty quiet, not much atmosphere at all. We started brightly enough though and there was a bit backing for the lads on the pitch but as soon as they scored it was done and dusted. Couldnae believe folk started leaving then though!! I was hoping to see at least a bit of determination to try get a win on the night but the players looked lacklustre and the heads seemed to go down. Was one or two around us going a bit over the top but by the time the pen went in there was spaces a plenty. Got to admit to applauding the Maribor number 8 (I think) when he was subbed, thought he was pretty impressive, shame we don't seem to have players with the same ability.

ForeverHibs93
06-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I was in the FF lower and it was a pretty good atmosphere, saying that there was a guy near me giving it all sorts of abuse after 10 minutes, racially aswell which was a let down for Hibs. But the rest of the support around where I was, was different class:top marks

RIP
06-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Derry you must have been near me in South Upper - thought the wee want 7 chant was class. :greengrin

After they scored and the bottle merchants started their booing I lept to my feet and tried to encourage everyone to support the team. No doubt I looked a right tit in my oversized hibs strip. :rolleyes:

I was in row MM but my laddies and nephew were all in the very back row. At the end the big man (14) said.

" They were a good side dad eh?"
"Yes son"

"Better than we will face most weeks in the SPL?"
"Yup - probably"

"So would everyone have been booing if that had been Celtic that had beat us 3-2?"
"Good point" I said "Probably not"

I said
" Think I made a bit of an arse of myself tonight son"

He put his muckle hand on my shooders and looked me in the eye
"Naah dad, I was proud of ye. We are the majority, we just have to shout louder than they do. Wait till we get in that Section 43 next season. I cannae wait!!"

That fair cheered me up, so it did

sahib
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Completely utterly agree with the op if your gonna sit and moan at the players and manager all game and boo them off the park don't bother coming.

I doubt Mr Petrie would agree. The pound of the moaning git is as good as the next man's. Maybe he has sussed out that getting pissed off and hurling abuse is, subconsciously, what the fans want and has set up the club to cater to the customers needs.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 12:59 PM

:agree: What that man said.

Was in South Lower last night and I think I was more disappointed in the fans who were disappearing in their 100's when Malibor scored their second than in the teams display.

Yes you pay your money and you have a choice but to leave when their's still about a third of the game remaining is pretty sad. You've already endured 60 odd minutes and knew that we were out of Europe but surely at least hang on until nearer the final whistle - you never know we may have got lucky and beaten them. Jeez if you can't be bothered then don't have a go at the players for doing exactly the same.

As for booing...well let's leave it there.

Yours

Uberfan.

Stine
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
It's a tough one this. There were a lot of idiots around me in the FF lower and the fickle nature of our support beggars belief. Booing, sarcastic jeers and random outbursts of rage were the order of the day. This does absolutely no good whatsoever. I understand that this is more difficult to resist for some than others, but when you see grown men bawling vicious tirades at the players/Hughes in front of their children, it really makes me question whether I can really be arsed with it all. Get a grip FFS. Also, this audible tension when a hibs player dares to pass the ball backwards does my head in. Ok, we've not mastered the art of Spanish possession football quite yet, but give them a chance! No wonder Scottish players are terrified to take a touch on the ball and play a pass. Some of the biggest cheers of the night came for sliding tackles by hibs players. Is that what people pay to see? Really?

However, last night's performance (and that of recent years) was thoroughly depressing. I can understand why people are upset when a club from Slovenia, with no real profile and little-known players, teach us a comprehensive lesson in passing football. Watching the game, I couldn't help thinking, where does Scottish football go from here? Only Deeks (also DW briefly and Miller in very sporadic bursts) looked worthy of gracing the european stage tonight. Tiny eastern European countries are now light years ahead of Scotland in terms of technical ability and tactical awareness. I'm normally quite positive about Scottish football (or at least I try to be) but I don't think there's anyone even in the national side with the skill some of those Maribor players have. Their passing and movement was a joy. And it's not complicated, it's simple stuff. We're just so perenially stuck in the dark ages football wise, we can't get our heads round it.

Towards the end of the game tonight I heard a wee boy say: "I wish you hadn't brought me tonight Dad" and then "Are you still going to support hibs after this?". Pretty ominous comments coming from a potential supporter of the future.

I agree with Mr Lowe's musings. Booing and jeering the players does nothing to benefit them or the team, i do however see, that for many it is the best way to vent frustration and anger which is so often created while watching hibs. Sometimes a deep breath and a show of some sort of encouragement is what is needed, because although nish is mostly infuriating, we need to give him support while he is out on the pitch. Same goes for the others. If you don't intend to give them support then it kind of defeats the point in being a supporter. Iam well aware of the frustration garnered by watching Nish and Rankin, but i dont stand up and shout direct abuse at them. It's a difficult one though, because supporters have the right to do what they want.

Also i agree that the collective sigh as a pass is made backwards is infuriating. You wont see us play like we did last night very often this season, so we will need to get used to the ball being passed around at the back. Watch the Spanish or the Brazilians. Passing it around at the back with patience doesn't seem to bother them. The Scottish culture of hard tackling and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible is still ingrained in a lot of people and so frustration will be around for a while until, we start to develop young players who simply dont have the notion in them to smash the ball away at the first sign of trouble. The young guys coming through do seem to want to play with the ball on the ground, which is promising.

As Pat says the fact the slovenian league, along with a number of other small nations, can so easily play around us is pretty depressing. Maribor had a really obvious set up which was solid except for their forward four. Nothing complicated. But they had eleven players of six foot more or less who where strong, quick and technically better. We can't and wont beat that. The tactical and technical superiority of these countries puts Scotland to shame. That Maribor side would tear up the SPL. Probably with relative ease. But that fact does not detract from the reality that Scottish football is way behind and the SFA has to do something, among others.

At The Edge
06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I was in the FF lower and it was a pretty good atmosphere, saying that there was a guy near me giving it all sorts of abuse after 10 minutes, racially aswell which was a let down for Hibs. But the rest of the support around where I was, was different class:top marks

That where i was as well, everyone around me was ok, no-one really left until after the 3rd had went in, no real abuse just the confusion at the lack of wide players.
Had a guy near me with his mrs and when Hibs were shall we say underperforming, he would start talking to his mrs about how good the East and new pitch looked, as if to take his mind off the game, class :thumbsup:

Rory89
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
The guy behind me in The South was a total fanny.

At the start when we were doing alright and the atmosphere was good he was telling me to sit down when I was trying to help the atmosphere, not a sound from him. Then when it went Pete Tong and the crowd was quiet he was doing the terrace manager thing, shouting and moaning for the rest of the match. I agree with the criticism but how can he talk when he couldn't even be arsed to stand up from his seat on occasion and join in with a chant.

I swear some people actually want us to lose so they can moan, I prey these ***** don't make their way over to the east, hopefully those of us who made ER loud and intimidating at the start can do so next season and ***** like that guy can sit somewhere else, hopefully at home.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Some Personal Views

Fans should be behind the team throughout the game but, once the game is over they are perfectly entitled to boo if they think the performance merits it.

Fans should stay on 'til the end, unless they really have just been informed of a death in the family: there can't be anything much more deflating to your team than to see fans leaving and empty seats appearing everywhere.

Posting negative comments about the manager / players / tactics on hibs.net does not equate to not supporting the team: I've been critical of Hughes' tactics on here but it didn't stop me from doing my best to support the team last night.

Some of the comments on this board remind me of the political tactic of labelling people 'unpatriotic' because they don't agree with their government's policies. Sometimes it's the people who care most about their country who are the most critical.

PISTOL1875
06-08-2010, 05:05 PM

I was sitting in the West Lower last night.. Q 166 and I have never heard so much negative press from our fans.. At one point in the 1st half , Hart had the ball at his feet , he looked down the line for a shirt but there was no pass on so he played it back to Hogg who played it across to Bamba.. After Hogg played the ball , some moron at the back of me '' GET THE ****ING BALL FORWARD AND STOP ****ING ABOUT ''.. I turned around and said to the prat , ' what do you want him to do??.. There's no pass on so he's keeping possesion ??''

The guy shouted back that Hart was an ar*e.. I returned by saying '' what the hell do you want Hart to do ?? There's no pass on down the line so he plays it to Hogg instead of hoofing down the pitch and most probably giving the ball away'''

Some of the morons that watch HIbs nowadays is beyond belief...

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Within 30 seconds of getting in, I heard some bloke shout "get up ya faggot it's a man's game over here". I just wonder what kind of museum some of these people live in.

Eire hibs
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM

You obviously weren't listening to the English dude on HI radio. His endless possitivity was incredible.

woody47
06-08-2010, 09:57 PM

I actually found that guy amusing. The fact that he could find something amusing considering the way we were playing, I thought was funny.

Also thought the noise in the south upper was good for first 20 minutes. Problem is you cannot tell how loud it is in the other parts of the ground becuse of it bveing loud where we were.

ekhibee
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Blindly supporting? No.

Supporting? Yes
First of all, at no time did I critisize either the catering staff or the seagulls. Indeed, the seagulls provided some welcome relief to the piss poor performance by Hibs on the park. One of them decided to have a wee walk along the touchline, maybe he'd been watching the game too closely. Secondly, surely this forum is for debate, where people can offer opinions on different topics, and sometimes even learn something from it. Some people feel more strongly about certain topics, that's their right, but I'm sorry, for somebody to use an opening post like that, where he/she obviously felt strongly about the subject, but then basically says 'X amount of fans were a disgrace and I'm not getting into a debate about it' defeats the whole point of being on a FORUM at all. I'm replying to your post, not his or hers as they are obviously not going to reply to mine. That might sound a bit childish, but then I'm interested in debating this,not just somebody speechmaking.

No.4
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM

The funny thing is, that seems to be what Hughes does almost all of the time. Having just read Craig Brown's comments from the Motherwell game last night it really made me wish we had a manager who isn't scared to be constructively critical of the team.

They won 3-0, 4-1 on aggregate. We lost 6-2 on aggregate and have been hopless since the start of 2010 and yet Yogi has barely said anything other than, the boys have been great, given me all they've got etc. That's just plain worrying to me.

I won't get into the crowd aspect as I've just had that debate with Marinello on another thread and I see he's on this one too :wink:

LancashireHibby
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Was sat in South Upper and thought the atmosphere was fantastic for the first 10-15 minutes but I think it's quite understandable that the balloon burst as soon as their goal went in as from then on mission impossible had become exactly that.

I'm certainly not one to boo the team off as it just isn't any form of constructive criticism and, to me, isn't what I see as the 'Hibs way'. Still, my faith was restored when, as mentioned above, those left in the ground at the end of the game applauded the Maribor players - let's be honest, they were just far too good for us.

KiddA
07-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Shouting abuse at people is destructive.

Nothing positive can ever be gained from it.

"F off Nish, you're sheit".

That'll help. :bitchy:

He is sheit though :duck:

Ok just kidding its easier said than done though for certain supporters but I know what you mean it does not solve anything.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2010, 05:58 AM
First of all, at no time did I critisize either the catering staff or the seagulls. Indeed, the seagulls provided some welcome relief to the piss poor performance by Hibs on the park. One of them decided to have a wee walk along the touchline, maybe he'd been watching the game too closely. Secondly, surely this forum is for debate, where people can offer opinions on different topics, and sometimes even learn something from it. Some people feel more strongly about certain topics, that's their right, but I'm sorry, for somebody to use an opening post like that, where he/she obviously felt strongly about the subject, but then basically says 'X amount of fans were a disgrace and I'm not getting into a debate about it' defeats the whole point of being on a FORUM at all. I'm replying to your post, not his or hers as they are obviously not going to reply to mine. That might sound a bit childish, but then I'm interested in debating this,not just somebody speechmaking.

I disagree. I think the seagulls were pretty much to blame for this debacle, and have to take a long, hard look at themselves. As sea-faring birds, I expected them to show up in greater numbers, squawking and dive-bombing Maribor players while in possession, getting in their faces and making ball retention difficult.

Instead they were up the New Town, probably in George Street, ripping open the bin liners of trash to fill their oown greedy stomachs.

At least they don't touch Tennents, though.

hibsbollah
07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I disagree. I think the seagulls were pretty much to blame for this debacle, and have to take a long, hard look at themselves. As sea-faring birds, I expected them to show up in greater numbers, squawking and dive-bombing Maribor players while in possession, getting in their faces and making ball retention difficult.

Instead they were up the New Town, probably in George Street, ripping open the bin liners of trash to fill their oown greedy stomachs.

At least they don't touch Tennents, though.

You're missing the point. The herring gulls around me were putting in a lot of unseen work in the engine room, and just like an avian Brian Kerr, they are not getting the credit they deserve.

RoYO!
07-08-2010, 08:46 AM

I think that to be fair to the op, in saying what he has said he has opened himself to people just having a go at him/ slagging him off/ questioning allegiance- which is NOT debating.

And to be fair to you, it doesn't sound like that's what you would/wanted to do, however there are usually a good few people who seem to be reluctant to
make reasoned points, instead, resort to calling people phannies etc. Not
constructive and stops debate dead in it's tracks.

skipster7
07-08-2010, 09:06 AM
i was in the upper FF and regretted not getting a ticket for the south lower in the first 15/20 mins because all the atmosphere seemed to be coming from there.trying to join in any songs when almost all around you sitting on their hands just makes you feel like a dick.i was unfortunate enough to have a daft woman next to me with her grown up family and an even dafter one right behind me spouting some unbelivable crap and bile.
in the first 5 mins a high ball up to nish ,which at full stretch he manages to flick on is met with "for fox sake nish your contol is pash ,your ****in *****" sadly it went downhill from there to the point where the whole family sat mute wth their arms folded when we scored a cracking 2nd goal.having just bought a season ticket(East) for the first time in a few years i am starting to doubt the wisdom of being stuck beside a tool every week:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:07 AM
I think that generally the support was alright esp in the first 20. Obv people were going to get downheartened after losing the goal.

What I could really do without are the guys who feel they have to 'share' there absolute hatred of players. Internal monologue anyone? :wink:

Vagina monologues more like.

There comes a point when blind faith verges on insanity. I think anyone who thought we were going to get five goals after they scored really shouldn't be at football. Shouting "come on we can still do it" at that point is just irritating to other supporters and would actually have me quite worried if I was sitting next to someone who was doing it.

Unfortunately there are times in life when we just have to accept reality and let go with as much dignity as we can muster. Anyone who was there must surely have seen that Hibs were not up to the job, I'd rather we showed our appreciation of football instead of singing and dancing, celebrating a defeat like the wee clubs that come to ER do.

Some might call it spirited, I see it as more like self mutilation. Hibs will have their day again, but Thursday was a bad night for the club - especially given what Motherwell were able to do. A reality check is what we need at the moment, so we can focus on the future.

skipster7
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM

There comes a point when blind faith verges on insanity. I think anyone who thought we were going to get five goals after they scored really shouldn't be at football. Shouting "come on we can still do it" at that point is just irritating to other supporters and would actually have me quite worried if I was sitting next to someone who was doing it.

Unfortunately there are times in life when we just have to accept reality and let go with as much dignity as we can muster. Anyone who was there must surely have seen that Hibs were not up to the job, I'd rather we showed our appreciation of football instead of singing and dancing, celebrating a defeat like the wee clubs that come to ER do.

Some might call it spirited, I see it as more like self mutilation. Hibs will have their day again, but Thursday was a bad night for the club - especially given what Motherwell were able to do. A reality check is what we need at the moment, so we can focus on the future.
:top marks

H1B33 1875
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM

:agree: Totally agree

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2010, 10:50 AM

So someone giving support to the team at 1-0 down shouting "come on we can do it", would worry you and is irritating?? Is that not what supporting is all about??? Or are we only meant to shout when we are winning??

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
So someone giving support to the team at 1-0 down shouting "come on we can do it", would worry you and is irritating?? Is that not what supporting is all about??? Or are we only meant to shout when we are winning??
I think what he meant was the fact we were 4-0 down and the tie was over