PDA

View Full Version : Worried

Comiston Hibee
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Main concerns are around creativity, and the absolute lack of it.

It has to be the manager that dictates the tactics - Plan A was diagonal balls to Nish to flick on, did not see a Plan B - Mixu's tactics were better than what was on show tonight?
If you are up against better opposition you need to play to your strengths, and we clearly did not do that tonight.

Real worry is the left hand side - Murray is too slow to get back so doesn't race forward- he gets no support/cover from Deek (but not blamng either of them, they should not be asked to play down that side)
Solution - put Murray in at centre half and play Deks through the middle with Stokes - bin Nish, and get a proper left back.

Hogg and Smith are not the class we need and need to be dropped immediately
Miller hasn't kick a ball since before Xmas last year and is prone to going sideway or backwards instead of bullying the play.

The squad needs some serious rebuilding, and my concern is that the only decent defender we have (Bamba) is one of the few saleable assets we have have, unless we are prepared to lose Deek or Stokes.
I know we cannot afford world beaters but can we at least try to sign numbers 66,70, 8, 27 and 9 from tonights opponents?

I'd still be prepared to give Yogi more time (why bin him to bring in more mediocracy, coz that is all we will pay for) but only if we see a couple of seat filling signings before the season starts, otherwise I fear for a top 6 finish, let alone a Euro spot.

p.s. FFS give Brown a chance in goal and dont make Galbraith play lefdt back

Westie1875
06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd like to see us trying to play 4-4-1-1 with Riordan behind the main striker and Galbraith or Wotherspoon on the left of midfied, can't see it happening though.

bingo70
06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Last week the problem was that the football was too tippy tappy, this week it's that it was too route one, and now then next criticism is that there's no plan B, surely, that there is 2 plans, a and b? :confused:

YetholmHibee
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM

It has to be the manager that dictates the tactics - Plan A was diagonal balls to Nish to flick on, did not see a Plan B - Mixu's tactics were better than what was on show tonight?
If you are up against better opposition you need to play to your strengths, and we clearly did not do that tonight.

Real worry is the left hand side - Murray is too slow to get back so doesn't race forward- he gets no support/cover from Deek (but not blamng either of them, they should not be asked to play down that side)
Solution - put Murray in at centre half and play Deks through the middle with Stokes - bin Nish, and get a proper left back.

Miller hasn't kick a ball since before Xmas last year and is prone to going sideway or backwards instead of bullying the play.

The squad needs some serious rebuilding, and my concern is that the only decent defender we have (Bamba) is one of the few saleable assets we have have, unless we are prepared to lose Deek or Stokes.
I know we cannot afford world beaters but can we at least try to sign numbers 66,70, 8, 27 and 9 from tonights opponents?

I'd still be prepared to give Yogi more time (why bin him to bring in more mediocracy, coz that is all we will pay for) but only if we see a couple of seat filling signings before the season starts, otherwise I fear for a top 6 finish, let alone a Euro spot.

Why bring in more mediocracy when we have it already . . . . and plenty of it! :wink:

Lets suffer as much mediocracy as we can & for as long as we can! :wink:

Diclonius
06-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Drop Hogg.

Drop Nish.

Give Galbraith a starting position.

This will give us:

Brown

Hart Bamba/Stephens Hanlon Murray

de Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Spike Mandela
06-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Agree with lot's of that.:agree:

We have decided to spend money on the stand and pitches, which lot's of people seem happy about, so financial options are now limited.

The team, especially the midfield IMO, needs a massive overhaul but unfortunately because of the above we have to accept the mediocrity of McBride, Rankin, Stevenson and even Miller(WTF has happened to him?).

Opposition managers will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of playing our midfield every week. Most teams will give their best performance of the season against us, it happened a lot last year, we just allow teams to play.