PDA

View Full Version : Biggest hibs myh

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
what is the biggest myth hibs fans believe?

one myth is that yogi is a hibby. I have been a hibby for 30 years. i know people born and bred in leith who have known yogi since he was at school. one of my best mates is scott bannerman who used to play at hibs in the same team as yogi. I used to drink in foxes which was owned by yogi and his wife.
i met yogi after he was released by hibs, i was introduced by scott (john robertsons nephew). i asked yogi if he was a hibs man. he blessed himself and said he is a leither but his heart will always be in 'paradise'

plastic paddy with a footballing brain to match!

I'm a fan, albeit ****ing dissappointed tonight

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
This is old news my friend.

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
This is old news my friend.

my story is genuine an i have never posted it on this forum before ( i may have told this story on edinburghderby.proboards.com).

rainman
05-08-2010, 11:03 PM
my story is genuine an i have never posted it on this forum before ( i may have told this story on edinburghderby.proboards.com).

Yogi's pub? Scott Bannerman? Mikey Forrester? Russian sailors?

WTF?

Vini1875
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
so what? Yogi being a Hibby or otherwise doesn't matter a f*** it is what kind of job he does that counts. I don't think Eddie Turnbull grew up as a Hibby but does anyone doubt him?

Dunbar Hibee
05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
As far as I know Yogi is a VERY passionate Hibby.

The Harp Awakes
05-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Nope. Yogi's been a hibby since I've known him at secondary school.

one myth is that yogi is a hibby. I have been a hibby for 30 years. i know people born and bred in leith who have known yogi since he was at school. one of my best mates is scott bannerman who used to play at hibs in the same team as yogi. I used to drink in foxes which was owned by yogi and his wife.
i met yogi after he was released by hibs, i was introduced by scott (john robertsons nephew). i asked yogi if he was a hibs man. he blessed himself and said he is a leither but his heart will always be in 'paradise'

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Yogi's pub? Scott Bannerman? Mikey Forrester? Russian sailors?

WTF?

Don't follow. what's you're point? never heard of micky forrester and don't see the relevance in russian sailors.

Truth is I am a hibby. born and bred. 30 years i've been going to games. scott was at porty with me, we used to drink together and we had a lot of the same mates. he is also a hibby.

I'm just stating a fact.

the reason i mention this is i think yogi gets a lot of slack because he is a leither. truth is, if any other manager had us playing in such an inept way (such as the way we played for the last 4 months of last season) he would have a lot more pressure on him

a lot of my fellow hibees beleive yogi is also a hibs fan and the cut him slack accordingly. truth is he is not. i'm not sure he ever claimed to be before he became our boss. he has always said in every media clip, including the old hibs videos (of the season we won the first division), that he is a leither! he is not a born and bred hibee like you or me.

let there be no doubt, if he has a good season with us, and the ginger fud has a poor one at darkheid, yogi willl be along the m8 faster than he and shaun dennis could turn to chase a striker!

marinello59
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
He's a raging Jambo. FACT. :agree:

oldbutdim
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
He's a raging Jambo. FACT. :agree:

If I was a Jambo I'd be raging.
:grr:

I'm more concerned about Yogi's ability rather than his mentality to be honest.

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 12:17 AM
i think the smile on his face when he got the job, and the passion (maybee not skill) he manages with it is there to see that he is a hibby

(((Fergus)))
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Don't follow. what's you're point? never heard of micky forrester and don't see the relevance in russian sailors.

:faf:

marinello59
06-08-2010, 12:21 AM
If I was a Jambo I'd be raging.
:grr:

I'm more concerned about Yogi's ability rather than his mentality to be honest.
:agree: I couldn't care less about which team he supported as a kid.

YetholmHibee
06-08-2010, 12:24 AM

No, the biggest myth is . . . it's that Yogi is a football manager! :agree:

sixtwo
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
:faf:
just got that quote. for what it's wrth you'd be as well sticking it up yer erse!:wink:

you the same hairy fergus from the een and edinburgh derby forums,? you had a bit of respect back then.

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2010, 12:56 AM
How about - the myth that Hibs fans actually get behind the team?

There were threads and threads about the Athens atmosphere at ER - and last night was a damp squib in comparison.

Is that the difference between a goal away from home? But I didn't get any impression tonight that there was much support from the team - just a good turnout.

So what's changed? Is it the same as Hearts? Basically if someone (Sky/Romanov) comes in and allows you to buy expensive players you'll turn out in numbers?

We're just as supine and deluded as Hearts fans - and tonight's threads show why.

We think we're bigger than we are - while the facts show otherwise.

We think our history of success matters - when it was more than 50 years ago we were really competitative.

We think we should win every game against any team we've never heard of (because they have no history)

We were lucky - Farmer is no Romanov, and that's why we've had five managers in the last five years rather than nine.

But until we get some managerial stability we'll be as useless as Hearts in the long run.

So what's it to be lads?

Saorsa
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
:agree: I couldn't care less about which team he supported as a kid.Neither could I but I wish he'd go and manage elsewhere. :bye:

truehibernian
06-08-2010, 01:12 AM
What's it to be..............

Big new beautiful wide pitch...........maybe some width, pace and wing play ? Maybe when the full backs get the ball they can actually go beyond the half way line, take a man on, get past them, and stretch their full backs.......

Maybe.......have a manager that sees that McBride was poor, the midfield lacked energy, and who didn't replace the full backs (yes, full backs) who really were not the reason for being 2-1 or 3-1 down, and put onGalbraith as a left back, a player that a team none other than Manchester United signed as a left winger, and Wotherspoon, a player who all his days has played in midfield and was MOM in the Scotland v England U'19's in centre midfield............

Maybe a manger who doesn't have a young warmed up Paul Hanlon stripped, ready to come on, for an injured Chris Hogg, a player who will be a captain and a footballer when I become Archbishop of Cantebury.........

Maybe a manager who doesn't shout, scream, and swear at Derek Riordan, one of the only players tonight to show genuine class and passion and will to win........

Maybe a manager who really understands football, sees the fact that there are three distinctly average (and that is being kind) goalkeepers at the club now, all who don't know who plays to the next, and all as such are indecisive and poor.......

Aye......maybe, just maybe, I will see a Hibernian performance from a manager and team that is better than tonight............by some distance (and many many years are in there) the worst Hibernian Football Club team and management performance in years........

John Hughes......hang your very ignorant football managers head in shame........an absolute disgrace tonight and you, yes you, were the sole reason for the shambles on that park, and in Slovenia, by a country mile

PACE......URGENCY......GUILE.....TECHNIQUE.......
POSSESSION.......WIDTH........POWER........GRIT... ............

You have two weeks to get the above drilled into the club...........you've had over a year, and yet it still isn't there........"two gears behind" you say............you're gearbox failed tonight and even Sir Tom couldn't get his Kwikfit-fitters getting that engine running in tune

SHAMBLES :agree:

Hibercelona
06-08-2010, 01:17 AM
The biggest myths are that one day we will be good enough to challenge the OF, be good enough to win the Scottish cup & be good enough to make an impact in Europe again.

We're a club of myths tbh.

sixtwo
06-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Neither could I but I wish he'd go and manage elsewhere. :bye:

sooner rather than later. he is an ex hibs player and a leither aswell. I do not want to turn on him. I'd like him to leave quietly and get on with his business elsewhere. i'd sincereley wish him well.

i'd love it if we were to make a massive managerial signing! that is what we need. a strong manager to guide a talented yet wayward bunch!

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2010, 01:19 AM
What's it to be..............

Big new beautiful wide pitch...........maybe some width, pace and wing play ? Maybe when the full backs get the ball they can actually go beyond the half way line, take a man on, get past them, and stretch their full backs.......

Maybe.......have a manager that sees that McBride was poor, the midfield lacked energy, and who didn't replace the full backs (yes, full backs) who really were not the reason for being 2-1 or 3-1 down, and put onGalbraith as a left back, a player that a team none other than Manchester United signed as a left winger, and Wotherspoon, a player who all his days has played in midfield and was MOM in the Scotland v England U'19's in centre midfield............

Maybe a manger who doesn't have a young warmed up Paul Hanlon stripped, ready to come on, for an injured Chris Hogg, a player who will be a captain and a footballer when I become Archbishop of Cantebury.........

Maybe a manager who doesn't shout, scream, and swear at Derek Riordan, one of the only players tonight to show genuine class and passion and will to win........

Maybe a manager who really understands football, sees the fact that there are three distinctly average (and that is being kind) goalkeepers at the club now, all who don't know who plays to the next, and all as such are indecisive and poor.......

Aye......maybe, just maybe, I will see a Hibernian performance from a manager and team that is better than tonight............by some distance (and many many years are in there) the worst Hibernian Football Club team and management performance in years........

John Hughes......hang your very ignorant football managers head in shame........an absolute disgrace tonight and you, yes you, were the sole reason for the shambles on that park, and in Slovenia, by a country mile

PACE......URGENCY......GUILE.....TECHNIQUE.......
POSSESSION.......WIDTH........POWER........GRIT... ............

You have two weeks to get the above drilled into the club...........you've had over a year, and yet it still isn't there........"two gears behind" you say............you're gearbox failed tonight and even Sir Tom couldn't get his Kwikfit-fitters getting that engine running in tune

SHAMBLES :agree:

Have you got your CV into Rod? You clearly know best...

truehibernian
06-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Have you got your CV into Rod? You clearly know best...

I bet I can claim to have scored twice at Easter Road........can you ? :agree: