PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

Don Giovanni
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Thought id share a wee rumour, that efter such a grim evening, may cheer up a few disillusioned souls...

Guy in high vis vest & builders helmet (I have no idea in what capacity he is employed) suggested that Hibs are to make an announcement tomorrow regarding the new East Stand. Claimed that the build was a month ahead of schedule and that they hoped it would be available for the Rangers game. Could make sense; releasing some relatively good news following such a disappointment?

Dont shoot the messenger (Im usually very much out the loop when it comes to goings on at Easter Road) just thought Id share the info and mibbes lift the gloom a little...

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Thought id share a wee rumour, that efter such a grim evening, may cheer up a few disillusioned souls...

Guy in high vis vest & builders helmet (I have no idea in what capacity he is employed) suggested that Hibs are to make an announcement tomorrow regarding the new East Stand. Claimed that the build was a month ahead of schedule and that they hoped it would be available for the Rangers game. Could make sense; releasing some relatively good news following such a disappointment?

Dont shoot the messenger (Im usually very much out the loop when it comes to goings on at Easter Road) just thought Id share the info and mibbes lift the gloom a little...

Who cares, with performances like tonight, we wont fill Easter Road.... Nice fancy ground, no team to perform on park

3pm
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
New found faith in Yogi short lived Steven? Not trying to be wide, just wondering your thoughts now.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
New found faith in Yogi short lived Steven? Not trying to be wide, just wondering your thoughts now.

I have never liked Yogi from the start, and whilst I thought he was honest in Holland, tonight just drained it all away again.... How he can say the players gave their all is beyond me....

3pm
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Understandable mate.

CB_NO3
05-08-2010, 10:54 PM
The big announcement should be that they are giving the whole East stand to Rangers in a few weeks time as we wont fill it. May aswell make some £££££s somewhere unless the club bring in a proper, experienced manager to manage the club.

RickyS
05-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Who cares, with performances like tonight, we wont fill Easter Road.... Nice fancy ground, no team to perform on park
:agree:

smurf
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM
First home game of the season in our new stand. If Hughes is still around maybe we'd be better to give it to the Huns for the day.

we are hibs
06-08-2010, 11:17 AM

heard that last nite as well

RoYO!
06-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow that thread turned NEGATIVE :wink:

Sprouleflyer
06-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Radio Scotland (sportsound) confirmed last nigt that the stand will be open for the Rangers game.

smurf
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Radio Scotland (sportsound) confirmed last nigt that the stand will be open for the Rangers game.

Aye they'll know!:greengrin

flash
06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
What a dreary place this forum is these days as intellectual pygmies queue up to throw their wet blankets over anything positive.

scoopyboy
06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I have never liked Yogi from the start, and whilst I thought he was honest in Holland, tonight just drained it all away again.... How he can say the players gave their all is beyond me....

To be honest Brockie I wouldn't have faulted the players for effort, my comment would be that they wren't good enough.

Steve20
06-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Ticket office still say it won't be ready for the Huns match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxtonhibby
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
To be honest Brockie I wouldn't have faulted the players for effort, my comment would be that they wren't good enough.
Yep,just about sums up my thoughts,far superior team beat us,technically inferior.

Woody1985
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep,just about sums up my thoughts,far superior team beat us,technically inferior.

The thing is, if we packed our team full of eastern europeans who were more techinical they'd get slaughtered by our fans for being too lightweight and having no heart when it came to SPL games.

Scottish football is rank and most fans get a hard-on when they see a one two in the opposition half. Technically superior players are dragged down to SPL level and we suck the life and talent out of our young players by 'bulking them up for the SPL'. It's how we turn great prospects into huddies that never develop into what we thought they'd be. It also sucks the pace out them.

The mindset needs to change for scottish football and until it does it will always be *****. Get used to it (not directed at you btw).

allezsauzee
06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Well when i asked about tickets for the Rangers game at the ticket office , they said they were waiting on the completion certificate for the East before they were going on sale. Bearing in mind the game is on TV, I can see the Hibs end being half empty. Its about tiome we got ourselves cheerleaders then we could guarantee some sort of entertainment.:wink:

Bishop Hibee
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM

:top marks I think the lack of pace in the team makes it look like they aren't trying at times. Only Deek and Bamba would be in with a chance of their 1st XI. Maribor are a decent side but will probably lose to Palermo in the next round.

Back to the OP and I am looking forward to taking my seat in the new stand. Even if the stadium is half full most weeks, at least those of us in the East can enjoy a good sing song and get a bit of atmosphere going.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2010, 12:49 PM
If the East is open for the buns game then i would think it would be more logical to make it pay at the gate for home fans, it wont be filled, unless the novelty of the opening of the new stand adds thousands to the gate?

Scooter
06-08-2010, 12:58 PM

dont have a safety certificate YET

1two
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
it will be open for the hun game! :agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2010, 06:08 PM
The thing is, if we packed our team full of eastern europeans who were more techinical they'd get slaughtered by our fans for being too lightweight and having no heart when it came to SPL games.

Scottish football is rank and most fans get a hard-on when they see a one two in the opposition half. Technically superior players are dragged down to SPL level and we suck the life and talent out of our young players by 'bulking them up for the SPL'. It's how we turn great prospects into huddies that never develop into what we thought they'd be. It also sucks the pace out them.

The mindset needs to change for scottish football and until it does it will always be *****. Get used to it (not directed at you btw).

Yes, agree totally. And English football is just a better funded version of the same thing, with all the flair, outside of Wayne Rooney, provided by foreign players.

Attitudes need to change.

Keith_M
06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
:hijack:

pentlando
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Heard today that rangers initial allocation is only 900, or something around that, which suggests that at the moment they're still unsure.

They probably expect it to be open but are going with the official line it won't until they're 100% sure

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM

If this guy was standing beside a red indian, a sailor and an American cop, I think we should be deeply worried.

monktonharp
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
If this guy was standing beside a red indian, a sailor and an American cop, I think we should be deeply worried.:bandit::hilarious

Fantic
06-08-2010, 10:37 PM
The big announcement should be that they are giving the whole East stand to Rangers in a few weeks time as we wont fill it. May aswell make some £££££s somewhere unless the club bring in a proper, experienced manager to manage the club.

Give the East up to Rangers:grr:Sums up the stinking attitude of a section of Hibs fans nowadays.

silverhibee
06-08-2010, 10:42 PM
:Bh sent you a PM but your box is full. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
:top marks I think the lack of pace in the team makes it look like they aren't trying at times. Only Deek and Bamba would be in with a chance of their 1st XI. Maribor are a decent side but will probably lose to Palermo in the next round.

Back to the OP and I am looking forward to taking my seat in the new stand. Even if the stadium is half full most weeks, at least those of us in the East can enjoy a good sing song and get a bit of atmosphere going.

How good are Palermo, who are their star men?

Don Giovanni
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
If this guy was standing beside a red indian, a sailor and an American cop, I think we should be deeply worried.

Well, it turns out that the Village People are very much "in the know" and a credible source of info...! :wink:
Even if it was a little bit late in coming... ooh er!?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100810/east-stand-opens_2262950_2116834

Anyway, well done Hibs. This is fantastic news and credit to everyone involved in getting this in place ahead of schedule.

Oh, except the SPL that is. Can it really have been taht hard to give us the first two games away as requested? Shower o' ********s... :grr:

Hattrick Baker
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Give the East up to Rangers:grr:Sums up the stinking attitude of a section of Hibs fans nowadays.
I agree, signed up here a while ago, not on much at all, i wonder why:yawn:

flash
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree, signed up here a while ago, not on much at all, i wonder why:yawn:

Because you have nothing remotely interesting to say? :confused:

skipster7
10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Because you have nothing remotely interesting to say? :confused:
nah mate , hes probably just fed up with the OTT negativity by a large section of posters even when its about something positive, i mean give the east to the huns!! some folk need to get a grip:grr:
fwiw i cant remember this negative crap when the other stands were getting built with all the drama queens giving it " whats the point when the teams crap -we'll never fill it "
we must be the only clubs fans who dont need rival fans to slate us as we seem to prefer doing it ourselves.misrable sods:grr::bitchy:

Hattrick Baker
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
nah mate , hes probably just fed up with the OTT negativity by a large section of posters even when its about something positive, i mean give the east to the huns!! some folk need to get a grip:grr:
fwiw i cant remember this negative crap when the other stands were getting built with all the drama queens giving it " whats the point when the teams crap -we'll never fill it "
we must be the only clubs fans who dont need rival fans to slate us as we seem to prefer doing it ourselves.misrable sods:grr::bitchy:

Cheers mate, that is exactly what i am talking about, some people cant see the positives without being negative.
Maybe they should get out more instead of trying to be smart *****