PDA

View Full Version : More John Hughes Slavering...

smurf
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
"I'm really proud of my boys, it was a vast improvement on pre-season.":bye:

RickyS
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM

bbc interview

"It resulted in us losing a couple of goals but it was a great effort from my boys and I couldn't ask any more of them."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8875491.stm

sauzee
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM

every time this man opens his mouth,it's embarrassing,time to GTF,you aint got a scooby !!!!!!!

Lofarl
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Every single Yogi interview has him saying it was a great effort from my boys and I couldn't ask any more of them.

We could make a good drinking game out of it.

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Can't understand what all the fuss is about - I agree with Yogi. Thought the team did OK tonight against a very good team.

One thing though - he talks about wide players tucking in (when we are defeinding obviously). However when we attack we need loads more width in the team. We also need more pace - we area slow team in all areas of the pitch.

lyonhibs
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
crikey, there's a ****ing surprise.
"John Hughes gives absurd post-defeat interview. In other news, for the 8451st month in a row,
Bears show a definite preference for al fresco defecation" more than Mixu or JC, he's taking us for a ride, whilst being a patronising ****.

Toaods
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I agree.

Don't think he can ask for more...that's what wrong.

We should get someone in who demands more.

smurf
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Can't understand what all the fuss is about - I agree with Yogi. Thought the team did OK tonight against a very good team.

One thing though - he talks about wide players tucking in (when we are defeinding obviously). However when we attack we need loads more width in the team. We also need more pace - we area slow team in all areas of the pitch.

I really struggle to see how anybody could conclude that we did ok tonight. In what respect? I am genuinely struggling to remember much football played by us. Our effort was poor. Passing pathetic. Movement pedestrian.

They were a good team but IMHO the caused us no real more problems than Dundee Utd did when they last visited ER.

Gatecrasher
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Every single Yogi interview has him saying it was a great effort from my boys and I couldn't ask any more of them.

reminds me of when mixu used fantastic a lot, i like hughes but i no longer think he's the man to take us forward :no way:

Emerald
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
It WAS a great improvement but Marribor needed to do nothing. There are good players all over our team but there is no blend in our team! No link up between the defence, midfield and front men and when we need to break its so slow the Next sale customers would win!!!

We have to be possitive for the new season though, and at least this has given us a good work out.

The stadiium is fantastic and I'm sure will be an inspiration to all the players that pull on the fanous greean and white. Lets give it maximum noise this season! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

James70
Well after watching that performance tonight I shan't be back as long as that clown is in charge. We were beaten on all counts by a team that were better organised, had better technique and knew how to close us down and defend when they had to. They also had a much greater work rate.

The Carlisle commentators took some stick on here last week but they saw the same team that I saw tonight. I thought that once the initial attacking at the start of the game did not produce a goal we did not have a clue how to change things and one or two individual players who I shall not name were an embarrassment to the jersey.

lucky
For once I agree with the fool, I mean Yogi, Hibs tried hard tonight but were totally outclassed outwitted and out played but we did try. But It was HIS tactics in the first game that made it an uphill struggle.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree.

Ask for more????

We looked jaded, had no movement, no width, no impotence, no urgency......

Jesus, what was he watching tonight

GlesgaeHibby
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm really worried about where we're heading just now.

I want to support Yogi and want him to succeed but if he:

Plays with no width on our new wide pitch
Can't get his defensive unit organised to do the basics, such as marking up
Insists on us playing passing football with the back 4 with them eventually lumping it up the park because they have no other option
persists on his loyalty to absolutely gash players (Smith, Hogg, Rankin, Nish)

then I'll completely lose faith in him.

Thigh ar la
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
How can the players become coaches when they quite clearly havent a clue in the first place? Also they are not coached either.
What game was he at? Mars F.C v Saturn Rovers quite probably..

Toaods
05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
How can the players become coaches when they quite clearly havent a clue in the first place? Also they are not coached either.
What game was he at? Mars F.C v Saturn Rovers quite probably..

to be fair, he's getting the sort of results as a manager that he made a career as a player out of.

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Delusional.

Ernie Cobra
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
I agree.

IN A NUTSHELL:top marks

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Well after watching that performance tonight I shan't be back as long as that clown is in charge. We were beaten on all counts by a team that were better organised, had better technique and knew how to close us down and defend when they had to. They also had a much greater work rate.

Well given they were by your own admission a better team why blame Hughes - would a worse manager get the result you were looking for?

James70
05-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Well given they were by your own admission a better team why blame Hughes - would a worse manager get the result you were looking for?

Don't follow you I'm afraid, what I am saying is that Hughes seems to lack organisational ability and tactical understanding. Some of our players at least are better than they looked tonight and we need a manager who can get the best out of them. They don't look to me like a team with much spirit or even fitness and I think they are underperforming.

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
:top marks
Don't follow you I'm afraid, what I am saying is that Hughes seems to lack organisational ability and tactical understanding. Some of our players at least are better than they looked tonight and we need a manager who can get the best out of them. They don't look to me like a team with much spirit or even fitness and I think they are underperforming.

ScottB
06-08-2010, 01:28 AM
I agree.

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think he's too close to the players.

I'm so sick of this 'I love my boys, they do me proud, couldn't ask for any more from them, cause you know, they might get a bit teary eyed or something, we'll all have a big cuddle and a pint later' type crap. Does he not realise that that winds us up? That sometimes the fans want to see some anger! If once in awhile he'd look like he was annoyed by one of our shocking performances I'd be more inclined to believe he could do the job.

Losing 3-2 tonight, and 3-0 away is not acceptable, they were a good side, but they were hardly Juventus or something! To meekly go out in the way we did is not good enough, we have no right to expect to progress, but at the least we should have been fighting tooth and nail across both ties to try and achieve that.

Hibercelona
06-08-2010, 01:36 AM
"It was a great effort from my boys and I couldn't ask any more of them."

Its not your job to oops !! ask!! :grr:

Your job is to get them telt!!! :grr:

Cameron1875
06-08-2010, 02:10 AM
"It was a great effort from my boys and I couldn't ask any more of them."

Its not your job to oops !! ask!! :grr:

Your job is to get them telt!!! :grr:

Absolutely. The man doesnt have a clue. He makes a few pumping fist gestures every 10 mins and thinks thats enough. Before gailbraith and spoony came on we were hopeless. No movement, width, pace, sweet F all.

I felt sorry for mcbride actually. He is asked to play defensive mid but plays most of the first half on the right wing asking hart to bomb on but he kept refusing. He is not a right midfielder but was all over the place.

PS: nish shouldnt play for hibs again. Good hibs man but absolutely useless and its not just me who sees it. I have never seen anyone give a good reason as to why nish should be the focal point of our team.

red donut
06-08-2010, 03:00 AM
sounds very similar position to us with fat tango man, majority knew he couldnt take the team forward (bad tactics, no man management skills, unable to change the formation mid-game to prevent an onslaught) and we had to wait a couple of years until windy miller had the balls to sack him....

fans are normally correct, apart from fergie down at man utd, how many other managers have turned around their opinion of a manager who has struggled??

of course the bad thing is that if you sack yogi, you may get fat useless tango pr*ck as a replacement....

brightons hibby
06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
John. I hope you read these forums, as there is a lot of positive feedback for you and your coaches.The first thing i would do tomorrow would be take those so call football players to portobello and make them run the beach until they cannot run no more. Then take them to a field that The Hibs use to train on and work ther a** off til they can take it no more. Take them back to east mains and let them know. This is a privelage to train here and play at Easter road. And if that does'nt work. Ship them out and give the kids a chance.

just_joe
06-08-2010, 04:23 AM
I agree.

Thats the key word right there mate. I was never for Yogi getting the job but the one thing I did think he would do is give the players the kick up the arse they need. he doesn't even seem to be doing that.

Septimus
06-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Brighton's Hibby says it perfectly. Ship them out and give the kids a chance. We continually engage journeymen who have been mediochre with their previous clubs and expect miracles. It does not work. Our only hope is to aggresively bring the youth forward.

TornadoHibby
06-08-2010, 07:31 AM

No but a BETTER one probably would! :cool2:

Barney McGrew
06-08-2010, 07:42 AM
sounds very similar position to us with fat tango man, majority knew he couldnt take the team forward (bad tactics, no man management skills, unable to change the formation mid-game to prevent an onslaught) and we had to wait a couple of years until windy miller had the balls to sack him....

fans are normally correct, apart from fergie down at man utd, how many other managers have turned around their opinion of a manager who has struggled??

of course the bad thing is that if you sack yogi, you may get fat useless tango pr*ck as a replacement....

Bet you're glad you've got McGhee instead so you don't have to worry about that challenging for European places nonsense :hilarious

sam armstrong
06-08-2010, 08:01 AM
I really struggle to see how anybody could conclude that we did ok tonight. In what respect? I am genuinely struggling to remember much football played by us. Our effort was poor. Passing pathetic. Movement pedestrian.

They were a good team but IMHO the caused us no real more problems than Dundee Utd did when they last visited ER.

Agree with efferything bar the effort one. The players tried hard but are not good enough and they are not organised in any way.

HFC 0-7
06-08-2010, 08:12 AM
That team was just better organised than us, the plkayers knew exactly what do when attacking and defending. Their right winger basically had free reign as we continued our narrow game on our new wide pitch.

As soon as they got the ball they had to wingers that hit touchlines and our midfield and defence was so slow in reacting. Yogi went from being so negative to playing all out attack which left the midfield so stretched they couldnt cope. We were crying out for width, someone to take the ball and run at their full backs, I am struggling to remember in that game if any of our players actually took a player on.

Also which is very worrying IMO is Murray, he looks so slow, slower than last season in fact, We will lose goals with him at left back because of his severe lack of pace.

That team was organised, they knew where each other would be, the defence was solid but the players playing there dodnt look anything special.

Andy74
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I really want Hughes to succeed and have backed him up until now. Any more of last night and i won't.

Playing you two 'wide' players in line with the centre circle on a night when we needed to get round them at pace was criminal.

My old man was at a game last night for the first time since John Blackley was manager and he was so disappointed in what he saw. No real effort to win a game that needed won by a few goals.

Maribor were better than they looked from the first leg but if we'd played any width and tempo at all we'd have given them a fright.

If Hhughes thinks there was passion and energy showed last night he can forget it.

I'm beginning to wonder what Mowbray is up to these days...

Golden Bear
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I wasn't at last night's game but it's worrying that the views expressed on this, and other similar threads relate to exactly the same problems that were in evidence in the second half of last season.

Seems as though things don't change ------------- and that really is a concern.

:worried:

ionahibby
06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Murray has lost a bit of pace but I feel he reads the game pretty well..As for Hart... He is a total disappointment for me. Terrible signing.

Agreed iv'e said on here before that i thought he was going to be a wage thief and im sticking to it. He didn't do anything last night eveytime he got the ball he wanted to get rid of it, didn't see him do any running :grr:

Barney McGrew
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Agreed iv'e said on here before that i thought he was going to be a wage thief and im sticking to it. He didn't do anything last night eveytime he got the ball he wanted to get rid of it, didn't see him do any running :grr:

He was about the only one making himself available pushing forward in wide positions, in the first half particularly.

The_Todd
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM

Wouldn't last very long, we'd be drunk in no time.

PPZPOL
06-08-2010, 09:40 AM
I thought we would get an up and at them performance like what St.Johnstone done to us last season at ER. They came and closed done everything and worked there socks off and just in general made it difficult. Hibs didn't last night and that's more gutting than losing the game.

Losing with a wimper is just pathetic, could still be playing now and I don't think one Hibs player would have the respect for himself to put in a real tackle.

All very pedestration really.

WellingtonHibby
06-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Yogi bingo, He would be as well writing it all on a board and then pissing off early. There is no intelligent insights from the man as to how the game unfolded and his part in it:

" We gave it a right good go.."

did we john? becasue the score and manner of the defeat suggests we didnt...We were outplayed and outhought by a physically superior team over two legs. A right good go does not reflect the game in my opinion, or any of the other 13,499 in the ground.

" Ah cannae fault the boys fir effort.."

Did you miss the deflation and litlessness after we conceeded the first goal? Did you miss the sluggishness of our play, the continual slowing down of the ball to allow them to get 11 men behind the ball before crossed tha halfway line? I wish my boss used the same scale to judge effort.

"there were a lot of tired legs oot there"

WTF? Preseason? Tired? YOU set up the schedule! YOU planned the training, YOU sent the team out to play Carlisle last weekend. If you were anticipating tired legs, why on earth didnt you give them a rest on Saturday and put out some reserves?

"The boys have done ever so well for me, i cannae ask fir more..."

Ever so well? hmm. Really? Is getting papped out of the Uefa cup with barely a whimper of protest an indicator of an "ever so good" performance? I dinnae think so pal. Equally all this effort and commitment you have mentioned means little when not allied to a decent footballing strategy based upon sound principles and a coehsive set of tactics that reflect personell at the manager disposal. I would suggest that Hughes has consisitently failed to motivate and instruct the players to a standard befitting of the calibre of players he has. We are so one dimensional, its heartbreaking. Teams must draw up one tactical plan at the start of the season and just copy and paste it every time they come up against us.

In conclusion, Sorry John. Your post match comments just aren't cutting it at the moment. Can you please, at the very least, give us a spot of insight into why this team is underwhelmingly dissapointing. please.

Kerrplunk
06-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Lets not take anything away from Maribor.......they were a far better team than we are or are likely to be for the forseeable future.

Our lot don't look fit
Our lot don't press the ball
Our off the ball movement is non-existant
Our passing is poor - can only remember 1 slick passing move in 2nd half that almost resulted in a goal for Stokes......so much for our passing game!!
Hoofing the ball up to Nish all the time is not what anyone wants to see.

Their 3rd goal clearly highlighted the difference in class between the 2 teams.As soon as they had control of the ball deep in their own half they had boys busting a gut to get forward on either flank and through the middle.....bare in mind they had already clearly won the tie....this is the type of EFFORT & DESIRE that we should be able to expect. A similair position for Hibs would have ended with an aimless punt up the park or someone running the ball out of play.

A long hard season in front of us if that is the best we can muster.

On the positive side the stand and pitch are very nice........however if we can't play decent passing football on that surface i fear there will be few people sitting in the stands this season!!

Speedway
06-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Interesting to see my post get deleted for the first time ever here for 'posting the same crap on each thread' (my words not .net's) yet that's exactly what's happening on at least 20 threads on the main board from the haters.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
He really should come out and say something like, "My players are all crap. No heart and even less ability. Thay should be ashamed of themselves. They're an embarrassment to the strip. Not Hibs class. I'd get rid of them if I could. I really want to offload them. But I can't. Oh, I have to work with them again tomorrow. Eh...oops".

iwasthere1972
06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

The guy talks absolute tosh. I bought into all his pre match talks but it's been a long time since I've even bother listening to them on the tv or BBC website etc. For all his faults that auld manager at Motherwell at least talks sense most of the time and in fact said the opposition played better than Motherwell last night despite them winning 3-0. If that had been Yogi we would be looking forward to lifting the Europa Cup.

I had hoped on wakening up this morning that Yogi would have done the decent thing and resigned. Aye it's early on in the season but based on the rubbish that we've had to endure following that great 2-1 display at Celtic Park moons ago it seems like the right thing to you.

Make the change now and maybe just maybe we can salvage some pride from what has been an embarrasing pre-season.

Yogi :bye: Thanks but it's not good enough.

From a previous happy clapper.

stokesmessiah
06-08-2010, 12:03 PM
What worries me is comments like this "Liam Miller was an absolute trojan & Colin Nish really fought his corner"

Im sorry but P&sh !!!!

I thought Miller was poor tonight he gave the ball away on several occasions and for someone we are constantly reminded has a "great pedigree" you think he would be able to make an incisive pass or two throughout the game.

As for Nish.....What more can you say about the man. A Dons supporting mate said to me when it cropped up as a message on a forum that Nish might be heading to the Dons, that he would love to have him....!!! A big strong tall forward man that could hold up the ball and bring others in to it.

I laughed and said :bye: I would give him a piggy back over broken glass to get to Pittodrie with him.

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I am all for giving Yogi another year, but sometimes he has to shut up in the press, i think he justs likes the sound of his own voice. After last nights display he shouldn't have said anything, just kept his head down and got back to work.

Kato
06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I am all for giving Yogi another year,

You've got to be joking.

He's an idiot.

An idiot who talks rubbish.

An idiot who talks rubbish and can't put a team together.

An idiot who talks rubbish and can't put a team together but who talks like he knows everything about the game - which makes him a fool.

Another year and we'll be going down.

Eganov
06-08-2010, 05:04 PM
"I asked them to play with passion, pride and desire, and I saw that," WTF!!! :eek:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/John-Hughes-tells-Hibs-to.6460806.jp

You being serious Yogi? Could not be farther from the truth. All Bull"""t and it's wearing very thin. Picture in that article shows what they think of their "captain"

(((Fergus)))
06-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I am all for giving Yogi another year, but sometimes he has to shut up in the press, i think he justs likes the sound of his own voice. After last nights display he shouldn't have said anything, just kept his head down and got back to work.

what else has he got though? he's a used car salesman but with no cars.