PDA

View Full Version : Lay off of yogi

Curly1875
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I know people have already kinda said this but it's not yogi's fault.

Everyone needs to stop having go's at him and think about what he's actually done for us. He's taken us further than our previous recent managers. He's made some brilliant signings and last season took us off to flyer (however it wilted later on). We're all upset because we've been knocked out of Europe but let's be honest we've done well just to get to europe and no one actually expected us to win the thing
yogi wants the best for our club which is more than I can say for some managers

all in all he's done us well although I do think his recent tactics are questionable. Still we have a strong team for the spl this year

sauzee
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM

Everyone needs to stop having go's at him and think about what he's actually done for us. He's taken us further than our previous recent managers. He's made some brilliant signings and last season took us off to flyer (however it wilted later on). We're all upset because we've been knocked out of Europe but let's be honest we've done well just to get to europe and no one actually expected us to win the thing

all in all he's done us well although I do think his recent tactics are questionable. Still we have a strong team for the spl this year

give me the "brilliant signings" bollox !!

CB_NO3
05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Yogi aint got a clue IMO, he is out his depth. He does not how to change tactics, his formations are all over the place. I have heard stories that the players dont really get on with him. We were lucky to come 4th last season, even when we were winning games we were not playing well. Get Yogi out and get Craig Brown in.

Makaveli
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM

For reals?

"What he's done for us"

WTF? A 4th place finish with at least the 4th best squad in the league... and how many wins in the last 20 odd games?

Of course he's made some decent signings (Stokes obviously, Miller to a lesser extent, De Graaf looks quite dynamic)... thanks to the great work our previous managers did in bringing on players who earned us about £17m in transfer fees!

Remember Mixu brought in Bamba, Riordan and Murray but was lambasted for the Zarabis etc. JC got it tight for HKT, Morais and Noubissie but that was the financial level they were operating at. What about Cregg, the money wasted on Gow, signing two goalkeepers in January when one was enough, signing Galbraith to give him about 2 hours of play time in a year...

And I'm not "just upset because we've been knocked out" - I'm upset because we're being hopelessly mismanaged. There is no shape, no co-ordination, nothing. Murray, Thicot, Hanlon and probably even Stephens are better centre-halves than his golden boy Hogg but he still gets the nod. I despair.

As for questioning his tactics... I would but I can't really find any :rolleyes:

CB_NO3
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
For reals?

"What he's done for us"

WTF? A 4th place finish with at least the 4th best squad in the league... and how many wins in the last 20 odd games?

Of course he's made some decent signings (Stokes obviously, Miller to a lesser extent, De Graaf looks quite dynamic)... thanks to the great work our previous managers did in bringing on players who earned us about £17m in transfer fees!

Remember Mixu brought in Bamba, Riordan and Murray but was lambasted for the Zarabis etc. JC got it tight for HKT, Morais and Noubissie but that was the financial level they were operating at. What about Cregg, the money wasted on Gow, signing two goalkeepers in January when one was enough, signing Galbraith to give him about 2 hours of play time in a year...

And I'm not "just upset because we've been knocked out" - I'm upset because we're being hopelessly mismanaged. There is no shape, no co-ordination, nothing. Murray, Thicot, Hanlon and probably even Stephens are better centre-halves than his golden boy Hogg but he still gets the nod. I despair.

As for questioning his tactics... I would but I can't really find any :rolleyes:
Ill second everything you say. He loves Rankin, Hogg and Nish, now I will never boo a player while they play for Hibs or ill never slag them personally but these guys aint good enough for Hibs. As for Ian Murray, he does not even want to play left back for Hibs but has no option, now I have been to tonights game, the Maribor and Dunfermline away this season and Murray has been beat down the left hand side at least twice in each game, the guy is obviously toiling. I can see it, can Yogi, I doubt it. As for our system, we have no width at all, our full backs get the ball and have no one ahead of them so they have to go back the way all the time.

lyonhibs
05-08-2010, 11:02 PM
No, no, no. **** off. Hogg's confidence - and there4 his already limited game - has been shot for months. He's still captain and a 1st choice pick. Who's fault is that? Yogi's. Riordan - for whatever reason - has lost the pace and guile that once made him a great left sided attacker. Stevie Wonder told me so. Why isnt he playd centrally up front or in the true number 10 position? Yogi's fault.
Colin Nish has had - for months - a 50p heid, lead in his boots and the balance of a drunk one legged man. Why havnt we looked at any of the othr bettr SPL target men - Mehmet, Courier, Deuchar etc - and persisted with "Nish the Hibby"?
Yogi's fault.
Please dont make up excuses for this muppet. He's good enuf at that himself in his now infamous interviews!