PDA

View Full Version : Miller

Hibeebob
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Just back from the game.
Now I know not many players played well tonight, and I see on here nish has already had a bit of a ripping, (quite righly too IMO)
But Liam miller, my god did he look poor. So far off the pace it was untrue. He seemed to shirk out of every challenge, and gave the ball away at every chance.
Now I didn't see a lot of games in the first part of last year but this is not the player I was lead to believe we had.
Shocking nights football from the boys and it will be a long season if we show such a lack of organisation in the middle of the park. They don't seem to know where to play!

lucky
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Liam Miller is a tidy footballer with the heart of a mouse and the pace of a tortoise. I actually think he is the problem in the midfield as he slows the play down to much.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Just back from the game.
Now I know not many players played well tonight, and I see on here nish has already had a bit of a ripping, (quite righly too IMO)
But Liam miller, my god did he look poor. So far off the pace it was untrue. He seemed to shirk out of every challenge, and gave the ball away at every chance.
Now I didn't see a lot of games in the first part of last year but this is not the player I was lead to believe we had.
Shocking nights football from the boys and it will be a long season if we show such a lack of organisation in the middle of the park. They don't seem to know where to play!

Does not play for the jersey, thinks he is a superstar

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Guy is a disgrase. Never seen a player who hides like him. Guys like rankin and nish take a lot of stick. Its not thier fault they are crap tho. Miller has more ability in his little toe than those two but chooses not to use it, that really angers me. Needs to grow a set and start turning up when it counts.

Don Giovanni
05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Miller was poor again this evening. Caught in possession far too often. Thought McBride has looked a shadow of the player who started last season so well.

Our entire midfield was completely outclassed by Maribor. They beat us to every loose ball and their passing was crisp and accurate. Hope its a lesson learned for our lot...

Spike Mandela
06-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Our whole midfield play as if they are running through quicksand.

Maribor were full of running, energy, and invention. Then again we made teams like St Johnstone and Ross county look like that last year. I think teams love playing against us.:bitchy::grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I have posted elsewhere, that in the first half of last season, Liam Miller was all of the player that made Celtic, Man U and Sunderland think that he was a class act. TBH, I could not believe that a player of that quality was actually a Hibs player. Second half of the season, he was all the player that made those sides get rid.

sam armstrong
06-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Just back from the game.

Difficult to know where to start with Hibs problems but McBride and Miller will never win a midfield for you. Marabor were athletic and a competent team but we will see how they fare against better opposition before judging them. I fear Hibs will struggle against all opposition with the current team.

Devine
06-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Guy is a disgrase. Never seen a player who hides like him. Guys like rankin and nish take a lot of stick. Its not thier fault they are crap tho. Miller has more ability in his little toe than those two but chooses not to use it, that really angers me. Needs to grow a set and start turning up when it counts.

Absolutely agree. He is the one who gets me the most out the lot of that shower, talks up his past european nights and 'experience' yet we get a display like that!!?!?!

He hasn't turned up for 8 months now and rarely produces in games that matter, but the worst thing is he HIDES its so glaringly obvious as Bonnyrigg has said Rankin and Nish are utter gite but one thing you can't accuse them of is hiding. I think we can see clear as day why he has beena failure everywhere hes been disgraceful attitude!

TrinityHibs
06-08-2010, 08:23 AM
I asked last night whem did Miller and McBride last contribute to a game? Nobody could remember. Also who was meant to be playing on the right side of midfield? Didnt work that one out either. Finally and its got nothing to do with the midfield but when will we stop this long ball pish? Its making my eyes bleed.

Devine
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Gash fud mince pish gtf yam tube Yogi trumpet tool

Aye very good

hibee_girl
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I have to agree, he was poor towards the end of last season and last night showed nothing has changed, he's still scared to go into challenges and when he does make them they seem half hearted, his passing last night wasn't great but like someone else said on another thread he excites one minute and frustrates the next.

We know he has the talent but just can't see it at the moment.

J-C
06-08-2010, 09:04 AM
You always have to wonder why guys like Miller/Stokes etc have had the chance at bigger clubs yet end up back down the leagues at clubs like Hibs etc. Miller is a fine example, 1 really excellent season at Celtic, signed for Man U, disappears to Sunderland and is almost forgotten about up there in the NE, then turnes up here on a free. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Does not play for the jersey, thinks he is a superstar

C'mon get behind the players!

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 09:59 AM
C'mon get behind the players!

It was a freudian slip DH:wink:

Captain Trips
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Flatters to decieve would not be botherd if moved on.

Hibs Class
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
You always have to wonder why guys like Miller/Stokes etc have had the chance at bigger clubs yet end up back down the leagues at clubs like Hibs etc. Miller is a fine example, 1 really excellent season at Celtic, signed for Man U, disappears to Sunderland and is almost forgotten about up there in the NE, then turnes up here on a free. :confused:

:confused: Last I checked Hibs were still in Scotland's Premier League

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:38 AM
If you think liam miller and kevin mcbride were poor lat night, then i know why people were booing. Anyone who says that quite clearly has no clue about football. Let's start with liam miller. I thought he battled hard last night and never gave anything up, played ok and the only reason he never played brilliantly was because of our long ball to nish, never got the chance to show what he could do. As for mcbride he was superb, the only problem was that we had no right midfielder so he had to keep covering in that position.

J-C
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
:confused: Last I checked Hibs were still in Scotland's Premier League

Erm, Miller was at Man U and Sunderland ( EPL ) and Stokes at Arsenal and Sunderland ( EPL ), slighty better league than SPL which as we all know isn't much better than the English Div !.:confused:

sam armstrong
06-08-2010, 01:48 PM
If you think liam miller and kevin mcbride were poor lat night, then i know why people were booing. Anyone who says that quite clearly has no clue about football. Let's start with liam miller. I thought he battled hard last night and never gave anything up, played ok and the only reason he never played brilliantly was because of our long ball to nish, never got the chance to show what he could do. As for mcbride he was superb, the only problem was that we had no right midfielder so he had to keep covering in that position.

you my friend are on the wind up.

ahibby
06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Our whole midfield play as if they are running through quicksand.

Maribor were full of running, energy, and invention. Then again we made teams like St Johnstone and Ross county look like that last year. I think teams love playing against us.:bitchy::grr:

..........and none of our midfield want to put in a hard tackle.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Flatters to decieve would not be botherd if moved on.

According to Yogi in tonights evening news, Miller was a trojan last night :faf:

CapitalHibs
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
According to Yogi in tonights evening news, Miller was a trojan last night :faf:

Unseen work, obviously:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Didnt think he was that bad, he certainly wasnt helped with the formation we had and the apparent constant need to punt it for Nish. He is a decent player however he needs to be used in the right way to get the best out of himj.

PISTOL1875
06-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Just back from the game.

Liam Miller has bottled every tackle since he came to the club.........

3pm
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
The penny is beginnig to drop.

Mussy Hibby must be pishing himself laughing at this.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Liam Miller is a tidy footballer with the heart of a mouse and the pace of a tortoise. I actually think he is the problem in the midfield as he slows the play down to much.

Thats kind of how it looked on the 20 mins or so I got on Hibs TV before it wet arse up = there was one pass across field that turned attack into defence in an instant, very uncharacteristic but not an area where you can get away with carrying him if he is not playing like he did at the start of last season when he was a quality act.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2010, 08:42 PM

I still think we have more to gain than lose by keeping Yogi in situ short term but on this particular gem of an observation I think he is just plain daft, unless he is comparing him to the contraceptive variety of Trojan in which case he was spoilt for choice and, as ever, an astute observer of the game with wisdom beyond his years :wink: ..........

sahib
06-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I asked last night whem did Miller and McBride last contribute to a game? Nobody could remember. Also who was meant to be playing on the right side of midfield? Didnt work that one out either. Finally and its got nothing to do with the midfield but when will we stop this long ball pish? Its making my eyes bleed.

I have not seen Hibs recently but early last season Miller and McBride were getting a lot of praise from press and supporters. To me, Zemmama should have been getting more credit.

silverhibee
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM

:agree:

keep the faith
06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
This is all getting a bit harsh. Miller is not the full package - thats why he's with Hibs and not still in the EPL.

He is not however as bad as its being made out and there are far bigger problems than Miller (Hogg, Nish and the general lack of pace in the team) I dont think you can play him and McBride together, but I do think he is someone we should be encouraging. I dont see any lack of effort from him.

He is not playing well, but he is capable of much more and has that little bit of quality. There are not many others in that side who have that (Deeks aside).

silverhibee
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
BH sent you a PM but your box is full. :greengrin

since90plustwo
07-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Liam Miller is by far one of the best players we have at easter road, FACT. The way he played in our golden spell last year he was outstanding. but 7/8 months on hes turned into a slacker, every now and then he will do a bit of magic, insted of everytime he touched the ball e.g motherwell 3-1 last year. boys needs a firm boot up the arse

jiggerman
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
keep the faith - I agree.

As I see it Hibs have some fundamental problems. Generally, I think the players are unsure of their roles and specifically I think we lack pace and width (two hugely desirable traits surely heightened by the pitch widening at ER).

Bar the addition of a wide player and possibly a centre half, I think the squad IS good enough.

We have quality players - Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Zemmama, De Graaf.......but it is
Yogi's job is to assemble a system and add players to compliment what we have. For example, IF we sign Gow (as has been strongly rumoured) - could someone enlighten me as to how this brings additional qualities to the team that we do not possess?

Our midfield was a disgrace on Thursday night - who was sitting? who was going? and most importantly who was offering up out wide for the CMs and the full backs? That is the system Yogi has employed to blame there I think. Several of our player underperformed with no options, which leads to lack of fluidity and dampened confirdence......and so on.

If Zemmama can get fit and offer up some pace and trickery that would be much needed, but I really think Yogi has to sort the width and outball - we were just too narrow.

We have the players, and everyone can bleat and moan about Nish, Miller, Rankin (as I do and will do) but a really good manager would do alot better than Hughes is doing with what is the nucleus of a very good team.

J

Gettin' Auld
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Aye - An irritating wee virus..........