PDA

View Full Version : Nish

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but tonight confirmed it for me, he is abysmal, one of the worst players I've seen yet starts almost every game for us:confused:. He's awful in the air on the ground, yes he got an assist today but the amount of times it was aimed at his head he had to get one of them right. IMHO why we let a player like Benji go, and kept nish is beyond belief:grr:

hibsdaft70
05-08-2010, 09:46 PM
= pish. I absolutely agree. First touch of a rapist and a definite 50pence heid going by some of the angles the ball comes off. Get rid!

hibeemad
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
= pish. I absolutely agree. First touch of a rapist and a definite 50pence heid going by some of the angles the ball comes off. Get rid!

aye and the sooner the better

woody47
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but tonight confirmed it for me, he is abysmal, one of the worst players I've seen yet starts almost every game for us:confused:. He's awful in the air on the ground, yes he got an assist today but the amount of times it was aimed at his head he had to get one of them right. IMHO why we let a player like Benji go, and kept nish is beyond belief:grr:

Wait for all the happy clappers coming on to tell you you're not a true Hibee slagging off nish. I agree with all you say BTW.

sauzee
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
i swear,if he was a horse,he'd be put down! cann't run,jump,or put himself about,no first touch,cann't hold the ball in,all the attributes to be a player in this hibs team.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Wait for all the happy clappers coming on to tell you you're not a true Hibee slagging off nish. I agree with all you say BTW.
I'm looking forward to it:wink:, if they think thats acceptable for a hibs player they're not the true hibee, if they want players like that at our club.

skipster7
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
he was poor tonight but so was everyone else. he was our only "out" ball as most of the team prefered to hide behind their marker.cowards.

Hibeescott
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
what on earth do you expect nish to have done tonight?? What kind of service did he get exactly? long balls punted up to him to win in the air, which he won 70+% of them! What is then needed is his strike partner to be playing close enough to him and have the awareness to gamble on nish winning the flick on and make a run in behind. which we didnt do. while i agree with your point that we were crying out for a player like benji, just to stop us playing the long ball, nish was asked to win the ball in the air tonight, which he did, it is up to the others to play off that, not nish.

churchie16
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
aye no very good but trys hard maybe the guy needs some support insted of pelters all the time hogg and mcbride were just as bad hogg you are powderpuff a wet fart is stronger than you no way a hibs captain never in a million years :grr: :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
He was awful tonight. Simply awful.

Biggie
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
That was it..that long diagonal ball was the only ball we played....we have no-one other than Riordan who can actually beat a man.....a one paced team. So we get it to the full backs and shell it up to Nish, and more often than not it either comes right back, or he flicks it onto eh...no-one....brutal to watch, we're in for a long season.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm not here to defend Nish as we know his limitations, but what did Stokes do tonight apart from hid
I never said Stokes played well? But this isn't just about tonight he is never been good enough in my eyes, but tonight confirmed it

hibee_girl
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
what on earth do you expect nish to have done tonight?? What kind of service did he get exactly? long balls punted up to him to win in the air, which he won 70+% of them! What is then needed is his strike partner to be playing close enough to him and have the awareness to gamble on nish winning the flick on and make a run in behind. which we didnt do. while i agree with your point that we were crying out for a player like benji, just to stop us playing the long ball, nish was asked to win the ball in the air tonight, which he did, it is up to the others to play off that, not nish.

Totally agree

Billy Whizz
[QUOTE=goldenhibby;2535882]I'm not here to defend Nish as we know his limitations, but what did Stokes do tonight apart from hide in the Slovenian's defenders pocket!

(((Fergus)))
this hoofball sheight plays to no-one's strengths.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Sorry not sure how to quote two people in one post so had to do it individually.
If you think he won 70% of the balls up to him, you are having a laugh surely:confused:, his atempts to even challenge for the ball was laughable. Like I said this isn't just about tonight.

dannythehibee
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
The hoof ball is never been something that suited hibs. What you expect nish to do with these balls is beyond me? The whole team was terrible today but if anyone should be getting criticised its Hogg

PerthHibby
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Sorry not sure how to quote two people in one post so had to do it individually.
If you think he won 70% of the balls up to him, you are having a laugh surely:confused:, his atempts to even challenge for the ball was laughable. Like I said this isn't just about tonight.

Nish won 4 out of 5 flicks inside the first 9 minutes, Stokes nowhere near him.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Nish won 4 out of 5 flicks inside the first 9 minutes, Stokes nowhere near him.
And what about the other 50 he didn't win throughout the rest of the game? The fact some fans still rate him is unreal:confused:

lucky
05-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Nish is a very limited footballer in Europa league but will score goals in the joke of a league we are in. Yes he was not fantastic tonight but I have seen play a lot worse. He did actually win a lot of headers they just never went near a Hibs player.

DaveF
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
And what about the other 50 he didn't win throughout the rest of the game? The fact some fans still rate him is unreal:confused:

What do you expect him to do? Bring the ball down on his head and lay it off?

He's a competent SPL standard player - nothing more, nothing less.

He did Ok tonight, though his spirits will harldy ever be high if he has the 'support' of you and a band of others determined to give him abuse at every given turn.

Supporters my arse.

hibee-shtuggie
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM

70%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha good one mate. well what kind of service as he getting? well exactly as you said, long balls. that's called being a target man. this is what John Hughes is supposedly playing Nish as. this debate comes up so often and a handful try to defend hi ability. i am fed up of managers trying to bend the formation to fit our "three quality strikers", its really getting to me now. 4-4-2 please with some shape and deeks and riordan upfront where they should be.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
What do you expect him to do? Bring the ball down on his head and lay it off?

He's a competent SPL standard player - nothing more, nothing less.

He did Ok tonight, though his spirits will harldy ever be high if he has the 'support' of you and a band of others determined to give him abuse at every given turn.

Supporters my arse.
What exactly makes you an uber fan? Far too many people on this board like to slate other fans for saying negative things about anything hibs, classing them as "part timers" or "not true hibee's" what a load of utter p!sh that is. If you think Nish is the way forward for Hibs albeit I can accept other peoples opinions, but as far as I'm concerned I have highers hopes for my club.

squire
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Nish's 3 best attributes are 1. Being Offside 2. Falling over and 3. Losing the ball

hibee-shtuggie
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Nish's 3 best attributes are 1. Being Offside 2. Falling over and 3. Losing the ball

Correct - spot on...end of thread.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM

not see his 5 goals in last two games of last season then???:confused:

Deek01
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Some of the things nish does is a game is beyond laughable. His ''assist'' to de graff tonight to me looked like a genuine attempt on goal from nish. He goes up for headers totally half hearted and before the balls been won he's claiming for a free kick, needs to get his finger out and start trying to be a bully of a striker instead of shrinking whenever a tough challenge comes his way.

Dunbar Hibee
I like Nishy, but he let us down tonight. Achwel, lets just hope he bangs some in first games of the season and shuts the boo boys up.

hibee-shtuggie
yes i also saw him draw a blank in over 20 games last season. what's your point?

At The Edge
[QUOTE=goldenhibby;2535882]I'm not here to defend Nish as we know his limitations, but what did Stokes do tonight apart from hide in the Slovenian's defenders pocket!

I thought Stokes was very poor, rotten first touch......second touch....if he got another chance at the same pass to him was rotten as well, looked totally unfit and i know hes not the quickest but tonight he looked dead on his legs, unbelievably slow. Does he get a note from his mum to be excused from training :confused:

DaveF
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
What exactly makes you an uber fan? Far too many people on this board like to slate other fans for saying negative things about anything hibs, classing them as "part timers" or "not true hibee's" what a load of utter p!sh that is. If you think Nish is the way forward for Hibs albeit I can accept other peoples opinions, but as far as I'm concerned I have highers hopes for my club.

:greengrin Now, now there are only a few in that category and if you know these boards at all, then you'll know I'm not one of them.

As for the rest of your post, it's just a rant using phrases that you have made up in your head.

Nish is average, no one is arguing about that. My problem is that I don't see any benefit in you and others giving him dogs abuse when he is out on the park. While he's here, either encourage him or just be quiet.

I'm no hyprocrite - I've shouted at plenty players in my time (Brian Hamilton anyone :greengrin) so maybe I've finally matured - at long last.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:51 PM
:greengrin Now, now there are only a few in that category and if you know these boards at all, then you'll know I'm not one of them.

As for the rest of your post, it's just a rant using phrases that you have made up in your head.

Nish is average, no one is arguing about that. My problem is that I don't see any benefit in you and others giving him dogs abuse when he is out on the park. While he's here, either encourage him or just be quiet.

I'm no hyprocrite - I've shouted at plenty players in my time (Brian Hamilton anyone :greengrin) so maybe I've finally matured - at long last.
I never said I shouted abuse at the game:wink:, I encourage the whole team at games but on here I felt it was well within my rights to voice my opinion:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
yes i also saw him draw a blank in over 20 games last season. what's your point?

you obviously dislike Nish and therefore no matter what he does, it will never be good enough for you

DaveF
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I never said I shouted abuse at the game:wink:, I encourage the whole team at games but on here I felt it was well within my rights to voice my opinion:agree:

Yer 17 and ranting on here, yet expect me to believe you don't dish out abuse at the game?

Behave :greengrin

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Yer 17 and ranting on here, yet expect me to believe you don't dish out abuse at the game?

Behave :greengrin
Well only where its deserved:wink:

hibee-shtuggie
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM
you obviously dislike Nish and therefore no matter what he does, it will never be good enough for you

i can't honestly say i dislike him, i don't know him. i just don't think we should be bending our formation to suit these three strikers. the other two included. the midfield goes missing because someone somewhere once decided we played really well consistently every week with this 4-3-3.

Russdoorsfan71
05-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Sorry...sorry...sorrry...but...NAW! Granted the guys were only playing to Yogis tactics which were quite frankly laughable...but Nish was Van Ganten!!! Regardless of the fact that Riordan and Stokes quite clearly didn't had no clue which position they were supposed to be playing NISH WAS SHIOTE!!!!

The guy has no clue of what is going on around him. He was "flicking" on passes to no-one which was embarrassing! The 70% flick ons as you've stated were directed at the opposition goalkeeper. Granted you will respond with "well thats not his fault...they should of anticipated them". The boy is fortunate to have carved out the sort of career that 99% of us can only dream of. He is an utter joke of a player and I'm fed up of people defending him.

Pack your backs Colin... you are *****!

Don Giovanni
05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
His was by no means the only poor performance but Im getting totally fed up watching Colin Nish a) getting caught offside constantly - as he did in Maribor b) fall on his erse constantly - as he did at ER this evening.

Staying on your feet and remaining onside isnt particularly tricky (and hes not going to race away from anyone with his pace anyway). Its not good enough, Nishy, sort it out...

Hibeescott
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
some so called 'fans', seem to watch a game, have no idea about what actually was at fault, so they jump on the usual bandwagon of lets blame hogg, nish and rankin. Nish won the majority of long balls that came his way tonight, thats a fact. i agree the flicks on went to nobody, but thats because the second striker wasnt as he should be if your playing a target man, and thats close to him.

the problem tonight was our 4-4-2 formation with no wide players, leaving murray and hart with no option but to lump it up the park. that was the problem, not nish.

hibee-shtuggie
05-08-2010, 11:07 PM
some so called 'fans', seem to watch a game, have no idea about what actually was at fault, so they jump on the usual bandwagon of lets blame hogg, nish and rankin. Nish won the majority of long balls that came his way tonight, thats a fact. i agree the flicks on went to nobody, but thats because the second striker wasnt as he should be if your playing a target man, and thats close to him.

the problem tonight was our 4-4-2 formation with no wide players, leaving murray and hart with no option but to lump it up the park. that was the problem, not nish.

nobody just blames Nish. this is not coincidence. this is paying punters getting fed up with his performaces. i watched the game tonight and thought he was mince. he DID NOT win the majority of balls. you must be winding us up. was it 4-4-2? but you are right there was NO width.

DaveF
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
nobody just blames Nish. this is not coincidence. this is paying punters getting fed up with his performaces. i watched the game tonight and thought he was mince. he DID NOT win the majority of balls. you must be winding us up. was it 4-4-2? but you are right there was NO width.

I assume you missed the opening 25 minutes or were facing the wrong way?

I'm not trying to split hairs and if any statto out there can gfive a definitive answer on how many long punts he did win, then great, come on down!

However, give some credit where it's due - if you can bring yourself to do it :greengrin

Russdoorsfan71
05-08-2010, 11:18 PM

Ok i'll agree with you on that... it wasn't al Nish's fault. It was more the tactics. In both halves of the game we were too narrow and we needed the width of Galbraith or Witherspoon..or both. But don't label everyone "so called fans" because we disagree about Nish. It's not a knee jerk reaction to tonight. I just think that the guy is average at best and is a lucky boy to have made it as a "professional". I've though for a long time that he isn't up to scratch and that is final.

hibee-shtuggie
05-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I assume you missed the opening 25 minutes or were facing the wrong way?

I'm not trying to split hairs and if any statto out there can gfive a definitive answer on how many long punts he did win, then great, come on down!

However, give some credit where it's due - if you can bring yourself to do it :greengrin

nish can clearly score goals. his record shows that. i just feel he lacks physical presence and strength. i did see the 25 mins and maybe im wrong. would love to see stats.

DaveF
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
nish can clearly score goals. his record shows that. i just feel he lacks physical presence and strength. i did see the 25 mins and maybe im wrong. would love to see stats.

Agree

His back to goal hold up play is far from brilliant and is, I think, a source of much of the criticism he get's.

zosohibee
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Wheres this passing football that Yogi's willing to risk his job for? Hoofball tonight despite always doin better on the ground. Lookin too **** scared of giving Maribor strays. Thought everyone played their ***** off till the first goal, players and fans just wernt going for it anymore (not to be blamed). With regards to Nish id rather see Smith away than Colin, bawjocky of a keeper.

Hibeescott
05-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Ok i'll agree with you on that... it wasn't al Nish's fault. It was more the tactics. In both halves of the game we were too narrow and we needed the width of Galbraith or Witherspoon..or both. But don't label everyone "so called fans" because we disagree about Nish. It's not a knee jerk reaction to tonight. I just think that the guy is average at best and is a lucky boy to have made it as a "professional". I've though for a long time that he isn't up to scratch and that is final.

The 'so called fans' was not directed at those who disagree about Nish, it was aimed at those who come on and pick on the same three or four players every week, when in actual fact Nish was not the worst player on the park tonight, rankin gets stick when he was one of our best players at the end of last season.

I am not saying Nish is a world beater, IMO he shouldnt start, but as a squad player he will guarentee you 10 goals a season minimum, his record proves that.

Nish is 9th in the SPL all time scoring list......ahead of billy dodds. so lucky to have made it as a pro i think its extremely harsh.

Toaods
05-08-2010, 11:39 PM
..just proved that we should have been in for Kyle. He'd have buried that header in the 2nd half.

Ernie Cobra
05-08-2010, 11:46 PM

Well thats that then, he'll be signing for Madrid with Benji then. The boy is one of the least talented football players ever to play at easter road. And i include every other team that has played there. He spend so much time on his erse complaining of being fouled, he would be suited to Madrid!! Nish yer murder....BOLT!

marinello59
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I thought Nish was OK tonight. Opinions eh? :greengrin

Hibeescott
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Well thats that then, he'll be signing for Madrid with Benji then. The boy is one of the least talented football players ever to play at easter road. And i include every other team that has played there. He spend so much time on his erse complaining of being fouled, he would be suited to Madrid!! Nish yer murder....BOLT!

but is 9th in the SPL all time scoring list......

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM

I agree completely. he is poor. people point to him being on the spl scoring charts but lets be honest, these charts started at the time his full time career started. there are not many strikers who have stayed in the spl as long as he has. the good ones move down south or rot on the benches in glasgow.
he has played plenty games in the spl in the centre forward position. for him to get on that chart he probably had to net about 11 goals a season ( don't quote me i am pissed and cannot be bothered researching). he needs to be an average striker and avoid major injury to get on those charts.

Nish puts himself about. in actual fact he his technically very poor. i have watched him since he was at musselburgh grammer. my mate played with him at dunfermline too. his second touch is a tackle. one hibs striker described him as 'like playing up front wi a brick wa...ivryhing bounces off him!''

I don't dislike him but i am honest enough in my appraisal of him to say he is a technically poor player who wold not weaken the side if he were to depart!

500miles
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Did he score goals last season? Aye, 12, reasonable return, check.
Is he involved in the majority of goals we score, be it direct assist, holding the ball up, and getting the telling flick on's and headers? Aye.
Has he scored goals in the SPL for a while now, and proven himself at this level? Aye.
Do we look a poorer team without him? NOT A DOUBT.
Defend well at set pieces? Aye.

Sorry boys, he ticks the most important boxes. He may look awkward, and get it more spectacularly wrong when he makes a mistake, but that doesn't concern me. The fact is that Nish would walk into any team outside the OF, and perhaps Dundee Utd., and be a stick on for first XI.

truehibernian
06-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Does that make it acceptable that Nish would be a "stick on" for other teams in the SPL ? Sorry, but Colin had clearly been given a role tonight, a thankless one of targetman, but even then he was hopeless. Flick on's to no one, losing footing, constantly holding/elbowing/pushing (despite I guarantee being told by the Euro ref that it would not be tolerated). I want Hibs to have players that would not only be "stick on's" for teams outwith the OF, but also the OF, and the EPL and Championship. There is an absolute glut of players on freedom of contract, players from all over Europe and beyond, yet Hibs have stuck with Colin Nish (and got rid of a technically superior Benji). Nish, sadly, is like Hogg..........a player who should never play for Hibernian again. Sad, but true IMO

Cameron1875
06-08-2010, 02:36 AM
but is 9th in the SPL all time scoring list......

Yeah but the SPL is the worst league in europe at the moment. Every team at the world cup apart from new zealand and aussies probably has a stronger league.

cwilliamson85
06-08-2010, 06:51 AM

Stokes never left Nish's side for most of last night game. Nish is a shambles. BRNG BACK KONTE! (yes he is that bad)

Dirkster23
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Stokes never left Nish's side for most of last night game. Nish is a shambles. BRNG BACK KONTE! (yes he is that bad)

That's the point though, he shouldn't be by his side, he should be anticipating the flick on and timing his run to be past Nish to run on to the flick. Watch De Graff, only player who managed this last night.

bob12345
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Nish has two positive attributes - a goal threat and the nuisance factor. If balls are put in the box or he is given half a yard he can put chances away. If teams are playing deep enough he can make it awkward for them to defend and create chances for other people by putting himself about.

Technically he is atrocious. Because of his height there is a misconception that he can be a good target. Be fair to the Carews, Kyles, Suttons of this world - each one has their faults but they have excellent technique when it comes to holding off a defender, first touch control and accurate flick ons. Probably more importantly they have the awareness of who is around them and the decision making skills of when to flick, when to hold and when to lay off. Hence them being played in that role.

Nish needs to play alongside someone who can buzz about and feed off scraps. Someone who can get close enough to him and has intelligent enough movement to make his decisions for him.

Nish is alright, not great, but a decent squad player to have. However we are playing to a style that highlights all of his faults and doesn't allow him to use his strengths.

One may say it's almost like playing Riordan wide left!

FromTheCapital
06-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Same old pish from Hogg last night too ! A long ball aiming for the Worst Hitman in the World Colin Nish. Now, Normally I'd back Nishy up by saying he tries hard but Last Night was just dire. The defenders were all about 5ft8 when Nish is what 6ft3 - 6ft4 and Nish hardly outjumped them but even when he did it never found a Hibs shirt except from the DeGraaf last goal (I also think DeGraaf or Riordan were Hibs best players and Bamba had a good first half but second half he was a bit dodgy).

:grr:

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM

KNEE JERK REACTION ALERT

BOLT...yerself :bye:

The Big No.9
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
If you look at the target man centre forwards nowadays they are all big and strong.

Nish NEVER plants himself to receive a ball to feet and hold it up instead he falls over, he doesnt seem to direct or try and direct a flick on surely he must have some match awareness and know were players are.

Hartson, sutton, carew etc bullied defenders how often have you seen an opposing defender complain to the ref about Nish?,i havent.

He is paceless like so much of the current Hibs team so is never going to get in behind defences and hurt them that way.

His second touch is a tackle or header and doesnt seem to want to attack the ball instead wants to glance into the bottom corner (last night for instance)

This i find hard to swallow but Kyle will bully and intimidate defences this season can you imagine him up against the lightweight that is Hogg, no contest.

Thats what i want from our target man centre forward and there is no way Nish will do that.

Holmesdale Hibs
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
The 'so called fans' was not directed at those who disagree about Nish, it was aimed at those who come on and pick on the same three or four players every week, when in actual fact Nish was not the worst player on the park tonight, rankin gets stick when he was one of our best players at the end of last season.

I am not saying Nish is a world beater, IMO he shouldnt start, but as a squad player he will guarentee you 10 goals a season minimum, his record proves that.

Nish is 9th in the SPL all time scoring list......ahead of billy dodds. so lucky to have made it as a pro i think its extremely harsh.

Totally agree.

He’s never going to be our top scored with Stokes and Riordan in the team but he’s a good squad player and is a decent by SPL standard.

We’ve had some good strikers in recent times and we have to accept that we’re not going to have a Fletcher\O’Conner every year. Nish does a decent job and is far better than several other huddies we’ve had in recent years (Konte and Hurtado spring to mind but I’m sure we could all name more). Despite this he seems to get singles out for criticism which is completely over the top.

On another point that was made - I don’t understand why people would have punted Nish ahead of Benji. Nish’s scoring record is far superior.

hibeemad
06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
KNEE JERK REACTION ALERT

BOLT...yerself :bye:

Knee jerk reaction right enough. Just since January

Nugget

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
With his height and build he should be a good target man for us, but he can't hold the ball up or header, so there is no point of playing him. Would much rather play stokes and riordan up front, maybe they can't header or hold the ball up either, but at least they guarantee goals.

ForeverHibs93
06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Totally agree.

He’s never going to be our top scored with Stokes and Riordan in the team but he’s a good squad player and is a decent by SPL standard.

We’ve had some good strikers in recent times and we have to accept that we’re not going to have a Fletcher\O’Conner every year. Nish does a decent job and is far better than several other huddies we’ve had in recent years (Konte and Hurtado spring to mind but I’m sure we could all name more). Despite this he seems to get singles out for criticism which is completely over the top.

On another point that was made - I don’t understand why people would have punted Nish ahead of Benji. Nish’s scoring record is far superior.
Along with his game's played?

Holmesdale Hibs
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Along with his game's played?

Goals scored and games played. I can see the argument that Benji has more technical ability but he rarely showed it and his commitment to Hibs was flexible to say the least. I’m not sure of the exact numbers but I’m confident that Nish has outscored Benji for every season that Benji played in the SPL. Nish played more games because Benji wasn’t consistent enough to get a game.

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
nish and benji are both pish and we should have let BOTH go, and signed another striker, a wee fast nippy one, jermaine defoe michael owen type.

Dunbar Hibee
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
nish and benji are both pish and we should have let BOTH go, and signed another striker, a wee fast nippy one, jermaine defoe michael owen type.

Aye they come along all the time.

greglauder
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Nish at least tried. Plus it was a good header for De graafs 2nd goal

Musselbound
06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
He was awful tonight. Simply awful.

The thing about Nish is that on a bad day he's very bad and offers next to nothing. How he stays on the pitch for 90 mins or most of the game on one of these days is beyond me. But he does have his good days. Didn't he score a hat-trick at Tannadice not long ago? For those who think that he is one of the worst players/forwards we've ever had then try to imagine Greg Miller, Lee Power, Konte or Hurtado scoring a hat-trick for us. He does add something and I think you'll find he is one of the top SPL scorers of the last 10 years or so. He's a useful squad player but he can be as frustrating as anyone on a bad day. Perhaps these come around a little too often.

Speedway
06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
When Mrs Nish was giving birth to young Colin, she gave her final push and was taken back to glance to her left and see a linesman with his flag up.

We all know Nish's limitations, do we have to start another thread just to complain about something that we all recognise and have been complaining about for two years?

ahibby
06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
The tactic of punting the ball up to him to flick on was pointless as very little comes from the multitude of times that it is done. He either doesn't connect or his flick on doesn't go to anyone, So as I said it's a pointless waste of time doing it. He isn't a great footballer and it should be time for a change. This next bit probably belongs on another thread but anyway to save me looking for it, Stokes was barely going through the motions last night. He had no belief did next to nothing around the box, kicked the ball straight at their defenders, never tried to take them on and go past. I understand why Yogi didn't play him at the start of the first game if this is what his attitude is like in training and other friendlies. Colin isn't very good but compared with Stokes, he is a tryer.

MJN1875
06-08-2010, 02:09 PM

I mostly agree but Benji was crap! Why dont we just start deek and stokes every week. I want to see deek playing up front again. He got about 17 goals from midfield last season so imagine how many he would get playing as a striker. I wouldnt be surprised to see people like deek leaving after last nights embarrassment.

SRHibs
06-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Nish is absolutely dire. The amount of sitters he missed last season was incomprehensible.
I think up until the last couple of games last season, his Shots:Goals ratio must have been bordering on Nade levels.

Also, he's not a lone forward Yogi. He's a ***** target man and can't hold the ball up to save himself. Get rid!

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Aye they come along all the time.

i mean a small quick poacher?

andrew_dundee
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM

apparantly both Defoe and Owen have seriously been considering moves to Hibs lately...

Nish is a half decent SPL striker and of a level that is good enough for Hibs. he wont cost much money, which frees up cash for more glamorous players and importantly he can get 10- 12 goals a season and when he has the odd flash of brilliance, like the end of last season, then it can be pretty good.

Nish, if youre reading this, ignore the majority of the ***** that's been said

Holmesdale Hibs
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Nish is absolutely dire. The amount of sitters he missed last season was incomprehensible.
I think up until the last couple of games last season, his Shots:Goals ratio must have been bordering on Nade levels. Also, he's not a lone forward Yogi. He's a ***** target man and can't hold the ball up to save himself. Get rid!

I would seriously doubt that.

Even if it is true, Nade has had so few shots on goal its probably not a large enough sample size to compare.

Nade’s problems are not solely down to poor shooting accuracy. He is also fat, lazy, has no strikers instinct, no passion and, judging by reports in the press, is also a complete tool.

To compare Nish to him is absolutely ridiculous.

At The Edge
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Hibs Class?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100115024248/villains/images/thumb/4/42/Elmerfudd.jpg/180px-Elmerfudd.jpg

:wink:

CapitalHibs
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM

This guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXBGpik3-PA

DH1875
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Come on guys, don't rate Nish and never have but to be fair he was by far one of our better players on Thursday night. I know it's not saying much as the whole team were crap but if Yogi sets the team out to play this long football crap then what's a guy to do.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2010, 10:41 AM

you are the one saying in another post, that anyone who thinks Nish is decent is not a "true hibby", have a word..........:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Qouted that post below....

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm looking forward to it:wink:, if they think thats acceptable for a hibs player they're not the true hibee, if they want players like that at our club.

:bye::bye::bye:

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
:bye::bye::bye:
Your right my mistake, what I meant was that they aren't looking for our club to be the best it can be if you follow?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
First touch of a rapistGet rid!
not a prude but I guess that's not a phrase you use in front of women or many folks
Does noone check you on that or are you too young to know better?