PDA

View Full Version : When did we get THAT good?

hibee92
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Felt like a rant - feel free to ignore.

Since the full time result tonight, I've had the usual "get it up ye" texts from mates who support other teams, and an unusual amount of "Yogi GTF" texts from Hibby mates, now they are all, of course, entitled to their opinion, but here's mine.

Yogi led the team to a 4th place finish and European football last season. He signed very good players that improved the team, such as Stokes, Miller, McBride, and people seem to be impressed with his signings so far this season.

Mixu did not reach the aim of Hibernian and the supporters, which i thought up until recently, was Europe.

So, seeing as Hibs are obviously above just qualifying, what is our aim? Yogi should go because he never done what? Never achieved Champions League football, never won a trophy in his first season, what did he not do that was expected of him?

I understand the view that we want to see Hibs playing good football and I agree with that.

I still think we have the squad to challenge for 3rd place, for those who don't think that, there's your opinion, and I don't think getting rid of the manager who got us into Europe, for getting us knocked out of Europe is the way to go. Especially so close to the start of the season.

I understand the disappointment of losing this tie, because I feel it too, but I just don't think sacking Yogi is the answer.

I think some people need to realise that our standards, as fans, are set too high. Not by expecting to beat Maribor at home, but if you believe the manager has done a bad job then I would like to know what a good job or even a reasonable enough job to keep himself in the job at Hibernian.

This could well be a load of rambling pish, because it has felt like that while writing it, and it could well be because I'm tired and pissed off at tonight's result and some knee-jerk reactions.

Ah well, I'll support them evermore, whoever is in the job, whoever is on the pitch - at least that's something we can all agree on

GGTTH

MrSmith
05-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I can see what you are getting at but I think it is the manner of concessions given to other teams that is getting on the fans goat! Although we began life as a charitable institution we do not need to be charitable to other football teams.

I wanted Yogi to be our manger and have supported him right up to the hilt, until now! He does not seem to get it in relation to tactics or players nor has he learned through experience and his mistakes, particularly since the crap run we have had since December, which is really unfortunate because these are the core components that win you games...

shame really!

California-Hibs
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Since the full time result tonight, I've had the usual "get it up ye" texts from mates who support other teams, and an unusual amount of "Yogi GTF" texts from Hibby mates, now they are all, of course, entitled to their opinion, but here's mine.

Yogi led the team to a 4th place finish and European football last season. He signed very good players that improved the team, such as Stokes, Miller, McBride, and people seem to be impressed with his signings so far this season.

Mixu did not reach the aim of Hibernian and the supporters, which i thought up until recently, was Europe.

So, seeing as Hibs are obviously above just qualifying, what is our aim? Yogi should go because he never done what? Never achieved Champions League football, never won a trophy in his first season, what did he not do that was expected of him?

I understand the view that we want to see Hibs playing good football and I agree with that.

I still think we have the squad to challenge for 3rd place, for those who don't think that, there's your opinion, and I don't think getting rid of the manager who got us into Europe, for getting us knocked out of Europe is the way to go. Especially so close to the start of the season.

I understand the disappointment of losing this tie, because I feel it too, but I just don't think sacking Yogi is the answer.

I think some people need to realise that our standards, as fans, are set too high. Not by expecting to beat Maribor at home, but if you believe the manager has done a bad job then I would like to know what a good job or even a reasonable enough job to keep himself in the job at Hibernian.

This could well be a load of rambling pish, because it has felt like that while writing it, and it could well be because I'm tired and pissed off at tonight's result and some knee-jerk reactions.

Ah well, I'll support them evermore, whoever is in the job, whoever is on the pitch - at least that's something we can all agree on

GGTTH

Well said, agree with you 100% :top marks The Yogi GTF comments are pathetic, 4th last season folks, bloody 4th, remember that! I honestly think alot of people are going to be eating humble pie when Yogi and the team get the season underway :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Stumbled into 4th on the last day of the season in one of the poorest standard SPL seasons ever playing crap football for most of the season. 4th wouldve been fine at the start of the season, but, it turned out The Dons and Jambos were dire and we still nearly through 4th away.

hibee92
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Stumbled into 4th on the last day of the season in one of the poorest standard SPL seasons ever playing crap football for most of the season. 4th wouldve been fine at the start of the season, but, it turned out The Dons and Jambos were dire and we still nearly through 4th away.

Are you serious? 4th isn't even good enough now?? We have to have cemented Europe at what point of the season? Get a grip :bye:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2010, 11:41 PM
As I said at the start of the season it wouldve been more than succesful, but, at Xmas with the poor seasons Hearts and Aberdeen were having 4th was widely regarded as the bare minimum, then 5 months later we squeezed into 4th by beating a below strength Utd side. Fair enough if the standard of opposition was of a reasonable level you wouldnt be looking for much more, but, in my opinion the standard of the SPL was dire last season, and we shouldve been a comfortable 4th at least. Hibs have finished lower in the league playing better over a whole season, which justs reflects the standard of the league each season methinks. Mind you I just noticed you think the squad is good enough to challenge for 3rd, so, maybe 4th is a letdown! ;-)

erskine-hibby
06-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Qualifying for Europe last season was, without a doubt, an achievement, but look how bad the league was. It was like winning a race against a bunch of amputees.
I think it is now...what, 2 wins in competitive games??
Hardly awe inspiring, is it??

Dalianwanda
06-08-2010, 07:20 AM

GGTTH

:top marks

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Qualifying for Europe last season was, without a doubt, an achievement, but look how bad the league was. It was like winning a race against a bunch of amputees.

Are you saying we got into Europe by winning only 2 competitive games? That's a great achievement!

marinello59
06-08-2010, 07:24 AM

So was it an achievement or wasn't it? Make up your mind.

erskine-hibby
06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
So was it an achievement or wasn't it? Make up your mind.

It was an achievement, in the fact that we hadn't qualified for so long, but considering the level of competition in thr SPL last term, 4th should have easily been achieved. Alas, we stumbled there.

marinello59
06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
It was an achievement, in the fact that we hadn't qualified for so long, but considering the level of competition in thr SPL last term, 4th should have easily been achieved. Alas, we stumbled there.

That's the type of response that only makes any sort of sense on hibs.net. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2010, 08:18 AM
As someone said earlier we stumbled into 4th place/ handed to us on a plate by a reserve United. Our football is attrocious our tactics non existant, I for one cant see us getting any better under Yogi. The time has come to get in a manager who can take us forward, Hughes is not the man for the job. We lost 6 goals to a team from Slovenia FFS, none of us or European fitba had ever heard of before. 6 GOALS 3 of them at ER. They were better organised in every position, their style was better, their attitude, everything was better. How the he11 can we not get the basics right........

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 11:42 AM

GGTTH
Well said mate, at least some people, like yourself and myself still believe in hibs. What do people expect. To win the scottish cup and get champions league football. Yogi did well to recover from the disatrous reign of mixu paatelainen. Give yogi another year, then decide if he should stay or go.