PDA

View Full Version : Lay off Yogi – Its the players who need to give themselves a shake

snowman
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
First of all, I am not Yogi’s biggest fan. Far from it. However the abuse he is taking on here is downright shocking! He is a huge Hibs fan, Leither, lives and bleeds Hibs etc etc. The way most folk on here are calling for his head is despicable. Give the man a break and Im sure he will turn things around. De Graaf and Hart look like great signings (By Hughes may I hasten to add). The young centre half will soon get his chance as will Mark Brown in goals. Have some patience guys. The Blackpool game is paramount for Yogi to try out his final formation before the season starts. He WILL get it right. Don’t forget how well we done in the first half of last season under Yogi’s guidance. This CAN be repeated! Have faith. Booing the team off the park at half time was never going to do anyone any favours, except put more pressure on the players. Get a grip. Call yourselves true Hibs fans! Support the team for once. Fair enough, I didn’t exactly applaud them off the park myself, but booing them isn’t supporting them in my book. We were outclassed in both legs and scoring two goals against this team isn’t bad at all in my book. We are the first team to do it to them this season and should be proud of this.

I am proud to be a Hibbi, proud to call myself a Hibs SUPPORTER and proud to follow Hibernian F.C. In Yogi I trust!

Basildon Hibs
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
First of all, I am not Yogi’s biggest fan. Far from it. However the abuse he is taking on here is downright shocking! He is a huge Hibs fan, Leither, lives and bleeds Hibs etc etc. The way most folk on here are calling for his head is despicable. Give the man a break and Im sure he will turn things around. De Graaf and Hart look like great signings (By Hughes may I hasten to add). The young centre half will soon get his chance as will Mark Brown in goals. Have some patience guys. The Blackpool game is paramount for Yogi to try out his final formation before the season starts. He WILL get it right. Don’t forget how well we done in the first half of last season under Yogi’s guidance. This CAN be repeated! Have faith. Booing the team off the park at half time was never going to do anyone any favours, except put more pressure on the players. Get a grip. Call yourselves true Hibs fans! Support the team for once. Fair enough, I didn’t exactly applaud them off the park myself, but booing them isn’t supporting them in my book. We were outclassed in both legs and scoring two goals against this team isn’t bad at all in my book. We are the first team to do it to them this season and should be proud of this.

I am proud to be a Hibbi, proud to call myself a Hibs SUPPORTER and proud to follow Hibernian F.C. In Yogi I trust!

Aye, and don't forget how well we done in the second half of the season.......:grr:

snowman
05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Aye, and don't forget how well we done in the second half of the season.......:grr:

Essex, you are obviously a half empty glass type supporter. Chin up. No the other one.....

erskine-hibby
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I agree the players do need to look at themselves, but Yogi needs to take a right good look at himself also. Just because he is a Hibby, leither or whatever doesn't give him the right to be immune from critisism...critisism he has brought on himself with his strange formations and tactics (or lack of). The side he put out for the first leg was criminal, it left us with a harder climb than K2...HIS fault of that there can be no doubt.

Mili Tant
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM

If being a Hibs SUPPORTER is giving blind alleigance to the most tactically naive manager in recent times then I, after supporting the TEAM for almost 50 years, can no longer call myself one. YOGI MUST GO.

I'm_cabbaged
05-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Me too, but I'm afraid Yogi can GTF, IMO.
How he couldn't see we needed a change at HT I don't know. Even more worrying is he probably did but has no clue what to do about it.

down the slope
05-08-2010, 09:21 PM
He has had a year now and can you honestly say there has been any progress in our level of play ?, i thought things were bad under Mixu but he is turning the club in to a laughing stock.

Hibby70
05-08-2010, 09:22 PM
and me, yogi has less of a clue than mixu. Usual waiting till 70 mins till a sub, we widen the pitch and narrows the game, i'd love him to do well but... He wont last the season.

hibees707070
The players don't know where they are meant to play that's the problem! Hart isn't good enough for hibs!

Badge
If being a Hibs SUPPORTER is giving blind alleigance to the most tactically naive manager in recent times then I, after supporting the TEAM for almost 50 years, can no longer call myself one. YOGI MUST GO.

Agree 100%.
This is like watching Mixu's teams. There is no width, no pace and no leader on the park to organise things. Hogg will never be a captain in a million years.

erskine-hibby
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Me too, but I'm afraid Yogi can GTF, IMO.
How he couldn't see we needed a change at HT I don't know. Even more worrying is he probably did but has no clue what to do about it.

Genuine question.
When has Yogi made a telling substitution since taking over ????

I, for one, can't think of any time.

Postman
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
'scoring two goals against this team isn’t bad at all in my book. We are the first team to do it to them this season and should be proud of this.'

You've surely got to be kidding?? I don't feel any pride in this whatsoever. We scored the first when we were 4 down and needed 5!!! You telling me they would have been putting 100% in at that stage?? Yogi is an idiot and has to go!

sauzee
05-08-2010, 09:27 PM

1,i'm a huge hibs fan
2,i'm a leither
3,i live and bleed hibs

you wouldn't give me the job,"the blackpool game is paramount for yogi to get his final formation" well if he doesn't know it by now he never ****ing will,this man is turning us into another falkirk,90% of there players were glad to see the back of him.FACT

gillythehibby
05-08-2010, 09:27 PM

I totally agree with your sentiments for most part. Same old reaction from most fans is to blame the manager.
We should be supporting one of our own to the hilt in a bid to make it work. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure he will be the first to admit it. It's too easy just to sack the man in charge. There are far too many other factors to take into consideration. Peple keep harping back to the last half of last season. What about the first half ?? That's what you get from standard players, Inconsistency. If we want top quality, the board will need to provide. End of !
Forget europe now, we need to try and create an atmosphere to push the team forward and we have the players to finsish top 4 again. If we cannot obtain that, then it will be failure and the end of the manager then. GET OFF HIS BACK !!

I'm_cabbaged
05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Genuine question.

Exactly, and what is it with the goalies? Are they playing on rotation, anyone with half a brain knows that you need a steady selection in defence. I could go on and on!!! :grr:

Badge
05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Genuine question.

Galbraith at Parkhead.

I'm_cabbaged
05-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I totally agree with your sentiments for most part. Same old reaction from most fans is to blame the manager.
We should be supporting one of our own to the hilt in a bid to make it work. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure he will be the first to admit it. It's too easy just to sack the man in charge. There are far too many other factors to take into consideration. Peple keep harping back to the last half of last season. What about the first half ?? That's what you get from standard players, Inconsistency. If we want top quality, the board will need to provide. End of !
Forget europe now, we need to try and create an atmosphere to push the team forward and we have the players to finsish top 4 again. If we cannot obtain that, then it will be failure and the end of the manager then. GET OFF HIS BACK !!

You're joking, are you not? Lucky the first half, not good.

borstalboy
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM

I think you need to give yourself a shake.....:bitchy:

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM
The players should at times give themselves a shake. So, should Yogi.

NOBODY (fan/Leither/with green blood) is above criticisim IF they are employed by Hibs, with regards to accountability to the fans.

Simple as that. I actually agree SOME of the crap on here is way OTT. But, I do know why some people have said some of the stuff they have said. I dont agree with the really personal insults but I dont think Yogi will take us forward.

That said, we'll find oot soon enough and discussin sensible matters after shipping 6 goals in 7 days is no the best time for rational chat.

IMHO, ENDOF :agree:

hibees707070
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Aye Galbraith at parkhead and the guy has never been near the team since! Yogi really needs to go had enough of this he is one of us pish! He is not good enough FACT! Get him out now before we end up playing against queen of the south 4 times a season!

Ferryhibby
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Agree with this i am not a fan of sacking managers who have only had a year in the job good managers need a couple of seasons to at least try and get their principles across, on the other hand you need a group of players who are willing to listen and play the way the manager wants the only players i have seen do this for Yogi are the lads, i can see what yogi wants to pass the ball and keep possession, it wont happen with this group some arnt good enough and the others dont want to listen, also the crowd dont help, tonite i actualy heard someone beside me, when we started playing the ball around the defence shout, 'Christ dont start this ***** again', Yeah because what we really want to see is Hogg and co aimlessly punt the ball up the park and watch it come back again:confused:

brythehibby
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree partly. But ultimately it's the managers job to inspire and get the best out of the group. We don't have a bad squad far from it. But something is clearly not right between players and manager. To be fair to yogi he was barking instructions all night but I cant remember a player looking like he was interested in what he was saying.

No fight, no leadership on the park, no one taking responsibility, and no motivation. Ultimately that's up to the manager to distill that in the players, and he clearly isn't. If he went I woulnt be upset right now.

martin63
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
OK I can see both sides of the arguement but I must agree with the op in the fact that the team we had out tonight was probably the strongest we have on paper. To loose yet another goal on a set piece is unforgivable. If the players can't get the basics right this is hardly the fault of the management. Ffs this is playground stuff. It is time the players took a good long hard look at themselves and start taking responsibility for thier actions (or lack of) and started getting at least the basics right then mybe,just maybe people will start getting off YOGIS back and we can start seeing what this team is really capable off.
On another point I am fed up being asked to be the 12th man when the 11 on the park refuse to stand up and be counted.

GGTTH

Cropley10
05-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Beat it Jambo

Rico
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Lay off Yogi!! - Petrie should have done this months ago.
Its the players who need to give themselves a shake - Maybe, but that's also what the manager is there for, if the players are consistently not performing for him then he shouldn't pick them.
None of us want to see him fail, we don't want to see any Hibs manager fail, but when they do, and Hughes has, they should move on.

Rico
05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
. If the players can't get the basics right this is hardly the fault of the management.

If it happens continuously it is the managements fault.

gillythehibby
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
You're joking, are you not? Lucky the first half, not good.

maybe you've never actually played the game. You make your own luck. We weren't lucky every gaem we played wether we played well or not. We certainly didn't play in a style that we would want, but were were better than most other teams at the time bar the old firm and the table told that story.

maximushibee
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM

In all fairness we werent that good in the first half of the season we got lucky with most of the result but people didnt care as we were winning..

We have arguably one of the best teams outside the OF why cant the players find it in themselves to amount some sort of challenge?

vahibbie
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM

OH FFS:bitchy:

What's a Hibbi anyway

Gala Foxes
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Liam Miller ? - can see why he hasn't lasted at Man U, Leeds, QPR, posted missing for large parts of both Maribor games. undoubtedly a class act when on form - unfortunately such instances were rare at the end of last season and much the same last in last week.

yekimevol
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Mate I agree that the players need to have a word with them self’s.

But it is the manager how decides.

What system to play - we now have a full international size pitch but Mr Hughes plays one of the narrowest systems I have ever seen in my life. Which has been proven not to work in the last six months. The tactics at set plays are chosen by him, defensively we are appalling once again proven tonight. When it comes to attacking set pieces we have a player who can either cross or shoot in Riordan, but I remember rankin taken my coners last season and my of witch did not make the first post.

what players to play in that system and bring in. – yogi knew at the being of his tenure as manager the problems we faced in the squad as did every other manager in the spl because we play each team four times, so why bring in 2 small defensive midfielders that we all ready had. What problems did we have goalkeepers – brings in stack fine but smith brown and the welsh kid. But we had enough strikers so why bring in stokes don’t get me wrong gd player scored goals but riordan was our main striker capable of scoring his goals we need a target man none has been brought in we need a powerful defensive midfielder after bamba was taken back to center back none brought in. we needed wide midfielders mixu (not proclaiming mixu anything here) promoted wortherspoon from the youth and brought in danny galbraith but Hughes refuses to play them either in david in his natural postion and danny point blank even after scoring the winner at Parkhead.

Now tell me do managers make a difference to with a similar squad with a little change ?

imho yes managers have done it in the past, smith at Scotland and at rangers. Manchin at Manchester city. Tony Mowbray at hibs the first time (granted he had our golden generation) sam allardyce at Blackburn and harry redknapp at spurs.

snowman
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Beat it Jambo

Aye, very good Cropley. Get with it old man.

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 09:23 AM
As I posted elsewhere:

No, no, no. **** off. Hogg's confidence - and there4 his already limited game - has been shot for months. He's still captain and a 1st choice pick. Who's fault is that? Yogi's. Riordan - for whatever reason - has lost the pace and guile that once made him a great left sided attacker. Stevie Wonder told me so. Why isnt he playd centrally up front or in the true number 10 position? Yogi's fault.
Colin Nish has had - for months - a 50p heid, lead in his boots and the balance of a drunk one legged man. Why havnt we looked at any of the other bettr SPL-standard target men - Mehmet, Courier, Deuchar etc - and persisted with "Nish the Hibby"?
Yogi's fault.
Please dont make up excuses for this muppet. He's good enough at that himself in his now infamous interviews!

Ed De Gramo
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
As I posted elsewhere:

No, no, no. **** off. Hogg's confidence - and there4 his already limited game - has been shot for months. He's still captain and a 1st choice pick. Who's fault is that? Yogi's. Riordan - for whatever reason - has lost the pace and guile that once made him a great left sided attacker. Stevie Wonder told me so. Why isnt he playd centrally up front or in the true number 10 position? Yogi's fault.
Colin Nish has had - for months - a 50p heid, lead in his boots and the balance of a drunk one legged man. Why havnt we looked at any of the other bettr SPL-standard target men - Mehmet, Courier, Deuchar etc - and persisted with "Nish the Hibby"?
Yogi's fault.
Please dont make up excuses for this muppet. He's good enough at that himself in his now infamous interviews!

What a pile of p!sh...

drinking petrol last night?

bingo70
06-08-2010, 09:42 AM
As I posted elsewhere:

Yogi's fault.

Good god, don't think i can believe what i've just read, what a lot of absolute nonsense.

Disagree with pretty much everything you say but to highlight a couple of the most ridiclous points you make, Mehmet, Courier and Deuchar are absolutely gantin' and Riordan has never had pace yet he scored about 17 goals from left wing last season so i think he's still pretty effective there.

lyonhibs
06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
What a pile of p!sh...

drinking petrol last night?

Nah, beer mainly.

Granted, that post was made through a mild haze of booze, but the basic points still stand. I didn't mean to say that Curier etc were what we should be aiming at, but if Yogi insists on playing a targetman with a narrow midfield, let's walk before we run re: who that targetman is.

Nish, whatever else he may be, is not a targetman. His heading isn't good enough, and he's comically weak/unbalanced for a man of his size. The players I listed would be a better bet to fulfill that role, the role that Nish is currently being asked to fill by Yogi.

Re: Riordan. Call me a fool, but I believe SPL football to be a relatively simple game. With no Zemmamma - ergo no spark, no real magic creativity - it would seem logical to revert to more basic 4-4-2 tactics. That is, your fastest players on the wing, and your most prolific strikers in the middle. If the wingers can get to the byeline, what's needed from the strikers is a bit of guile to find a yard in (Stokes) or around (Riordan) the box. Yes, Riordan started a lot of games at LM and scored 17 goals last season. His ball striking is the best in the SPL, and his workrate has improved greatly.

I just feel he'd be better used up front - or even, as he has the talent - in the traditional number 10 role ("in the hole"), IF Hughes would get his head out his arse re: injecting a bit of width into the team.

And my point re: Hogg's confidence being shot is as valid sober as it was drunk. :greengrin

Once explained, I'd like to think it's not such a "pile of pish" now.

Green_one
06-08-2010, 11:41 AM
The MANAGER

- Signed half that team
- prepared the whole team
- Picked the players
- decided on the tactics and formation (though obviously did not think for long)
- decided on the subs and when to bring them on
- motivated and instructed the players

Hmmmm. So if the players consistantly fail, which many have, then he should not pick them, change tactics etc.

There is simply no way the manager is not in the front line here. Where was Brown, why no wide men. Why no sub at half time. Why the same old team. Why use Galbraith for the first time in ages and then as a FULL BACK!!!! I known the players are not at fault, because Yogi said they did fine, AGAIN!!!!!

Speedway
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I think Yogi signed a three year deal so there's only this season and next left to go, so there's something to cheer the Aunty Yogi brigade up.

since90plustwo
06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Galbraith at Parkhead.

galbraith vs killie, st mirren, celtic
Benji st mirren
Nish Aberdeen

Wellbankhibby
06-08-2010, 01:40 PM

I agree 100% with the above comment. Everytime we have a bad run there is always the same group of so called supporters calling for the managers head. You should all take a hard look at yourselves. yes we are all entitled to our opinions but some of you will never be happy. we could appoint Eddie Turnbull again or Alex Ferguson you would still have a moan. As I keep saying when we play are the best footballing side in the country. I am like everyone else of course it hurts when we lose and we all get angry when the team dont perform but we all share the burden Manager and players. football is about opinions thats why we are all different and we all have diffrent views on good players and good managers. The season has not started yet and I for one am sick to death of so called fans shouting for the managers head. Stand up and be counted, infact who do you want as manager. Better still why not use your voice to give the team and Yogi your support instead of bringing them down all the time. :notworthy::notworthy:

Speedway
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Isn't it about time we started keeping a log of the naysayers and once they've got to their tenth angry negative post, shoot them in the head to put them out of their misery?

That would sort it.

Brads Laing
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM

:top marksWell done, the more Hibs fans actually SUPPORTING the team the better.

Zazu62
06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Genuine question.

Parkhead, Galbraith winner.

smithyhibee1875
06-08-2010, 07:48 PM

:top marks

madabouthibs
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
So....

who replaces him?
Please don't say Calderwood. :duck:

mcfly
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
we are lacking creativity, without zemmama we have none.

last nite there was no urgency, no width, lets just lumpm the ball forward to nish.

face fact's on last nite's form and the form in all of 2010 we are going to struggle and the board will not be happy with a nice new stand that isnt being filled.

the players and manager will need to get it sorted asap or the board will act. remember fans decide if the manager stays/goes.

Badge
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
So....

who replaces him?
Please don't say Calderwood. :duck:

Tony Mowbray
Derek McInnes
Derek Adams

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
As I posted elsewhere:

Yogi's fault.

Aye that Courier could do a good job for Hibs, surprised we haven't looked at him before.

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Beat it Jambo

Go easy on him, he's a Hibbi just like us. :greengrin

skipster7
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
In all fairness we werent that good in the first half of the season we got lucky with most of the result but people didnt care as we were winning..

We have arguably one of the best teams outside the OF why cant the players find it in themselves to amount some sort of challenge?
never understood that train of thought, couldnt that mean we were unlucky in the second half ?
as ive said in another post ,the lack of movement from our players and general aversion from hard work is a disgrace.on thursday i would swear that on at least one occasion liam miller quite blatantly hid behind his marker rather than show for a pass from defence.too many shirkers when the going gets tough and that includes our goalscorers.