PDA

View Full Version : I told you they were good.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Disappointed with the result but nothing to be ashamed about. They would beat everyone in our league and could hold their own against many.

Sad thing for me was that Bamba looked our best player.

Mon the Hibs.

matty_f
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
disagree with that- it was de graaf.:greengrin

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Disappointed with the result but nothing to be ashamed about. They would beat everyone in our league and could hold their own against many.

Mon the Hibs.

Motherwell would have beaten them.

Mili Tant
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
We must have been at different games. I watched a very ordinary side, that will not qualify for the group stages, playing a hoof ball leaderless pile of ******!

houston1875
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
disagree with that- it was de graaf.:greengrin

Yep just back,degraff looked good indeed? Bamba best player???

There number 8 and 9 were far superior to anything we had,plz sign there number 8!! Just what we need a inventive signing,don't we scout the eastern European Market or what?

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
We must have been at different games. I watched a very ordinary side, that will not qualify for the group stages, playing a hoof ball leaderless pile of ******!

They capitalised on our ****tyness in the first game.

We scared them in the first 30 mins of this game. They were all over.

I'd agree they probably ARE better than us and, more consistently in Europe than us.

On TONIGHT alone, we could have won that tie. Had we not had 3 goals to come back from (then 5) we COULD have really given them a game.

We'll never know now though as we had a ****ing everest to climb before the baw was kicked tonight.
:agree:

Liberal Hibby

Aye right.

scotia44

Mon the Hibs.

Wish other people would wake up to that instead of spouting pish about getting yogi out:rolleyes: sickened with some comments tonight. :bitchy:

Put our hands up and say we were beaten by the better team put it in file 13 and move on:agree:

Hibs90
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM

No chance.

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM

Mon the Hibs.

Hopefully they'll draw Celtic in the next round then so we can get a bit of perspective.

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Before the draw we were hoping we wouldn't get a Norweigan side!

Greenblood70
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I thought they were a decent side with great movement going forward but when we put them under pressure they didn't look so clever at the back tbh.

However, they looked like they had a couple of gears in reserve and beat us very, very easily in the final analysis, all be it we were our own worst enemies at times.

sauzee
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Mon the Hibs.

nothing to be ashamed about ! we battered the ball up the park all night,we were shown up,by a very average side,we were out thought,out fought,our tactics are beyond belief,that apart we did ok !!!

Hibbyradge
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
We didn't do ok. We got hammered. We were awful. But they were good. The truth hurts.

Cabbage1875
05-08-2010, 09:26 PM
It's easy to look good against this Hibs team, sad as it is.

I do not argue that theyre a decent side, but let's be honest, they're no world beaters. :bitchy:

Hainan Hibs
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM
It saddens me that in by gone days we came back against Napoli, slamming in 5 past Dino Zoff, and now we try to convince ourselves that a 6-2 aggregate humping from Maribor is acceptable.

This isn't a post trying to say Hibs are a massive club, I'm just saddened by how far the team has free-falled from where it once was.

shamo9
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
The annoying thing for me is that they never really had to work hard for their goals. The majority were down to basic individual errors that will have teams like Kilmarnock and Inverness rubbing their hands together. Complete gifts.

Hiber-nation
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
The defence was absolutely awful, our "tactics" in the first half were a joke.

Yes, inspired by Riordan and De Graaf we picked it up in the 2nd half but Maribor could have had 5 against that defence if they really wanted to.

shamo9
05-08-2010, 09:44 PM
The defence was absolutely awful, our "tactics" in the first half were a joke.

Yes, inspired by Riordan and De Graaf we picked it up in the 2nd half but Maribor could have had 5 against that defence if they really wanted to.

I thought for the first 30 minutes we were okay actually. We were showing a lot of drive and passion and their defenders were panicking at every opportunity. Had we got the first goal...

Hiber-nation
05-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I thought for the first 30 minutes we were okay actually. We were showing a lot of drive and passion and their defenders were panicking at every opportunity. Had we got the first goal...

Well I suppose we created a chance or 2 but watching Hogg trying to chip the ball to Nishy's head every week isn't my idea of football.

since90plustwo
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
they would pump any team in scotland, FACT

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Oh well that's that then. I didn't realise it was a FACT.

Hiber-nation
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh well that's that then. I didn't realise it was a FACT.

They probably won't play against a worst defence all season. That's not a FACT though as I only know of 2 Slovenian teams. Just hard to imagine any side defending worse then we did.

JimBHibees
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I thought they were a decent side but nothing more than a good technical team who will be pumped out when they play a real team. We were very poor with a poor defence.

Del Boy
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
not a great team by any stretch, old firm and utd would beat them, possibly Motherwell too

Emerald
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
They are a decent side with players who I think are at best slightly better than us, very organised and deserved to win. We are so far from the fighting Scottish teams that every European team feared in the past its not real. ER tonight was a graveyard and I'm so glad I'm moving back to the East this season. A full East in its glory may--may get the place going again. Please please please.:rockin:

HFC 0-7
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Mon the Hibs.

Yeah they would beat everyone in our league if they played as badly as hibs. The shape of our team was shocking, 4 extra metres on that pitch and we still dont get the ball wide and try and find the bye line. They could have made the pitch 4 metre less in width and we still would have been narrow. They dont have particularly could players they just have a good game plan and each player knows what to do. The held their shape well Hibs didnt. They were an average team but a very well drilled team, which is down to the management!

People need to give themselves a shake and wake up to the fact that yes we have some weak positions in our team but the management of the team is shocking, the players dont know what they have meant to be doing and it shows big time.

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Good post by hibbyradge.

on the eve of the draw, one insightfull poster told us who we could possibly face on our european jouney. I looked at the list of possibilities and immediately saw maribor and wanted to avoid them. I posted the same thing at the time.

I'm dissapointed at going out but i accept the better team deserved it. if i am being honest i think if we played this team home and away 6 weeks from now, i think we would get the better of them over two legs. Alas, this is not possible. Fair play to maribor, i wish them well.

I think we will still have a good season tho!

I am basing this on the basis we have a good squad and a management team that is willing to learn from their mistakes.

I'll take a top 3 finish:thumbsup:

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Good post by hibbyradge.

on the eve of the draw, one insightfull poster told us who we could possibly face on our european jouney. I looked at the list of possibilities and immediately saw maribor and wanted to avoid them. I posted the same thing at the time.

I'm dissapointed at going out but i accept the better team deserved it. if i am being honest i think if we played this team home and away 6 weeks from now, i think we would get the better of them over two legs. Alas, this is not possible. Fair play to maribor, i wish them well.

I think we will still have a good season tho!

I am basing this on the basis we have a good squad and a management team that is willing to learn from their mistakes.

I'll take a top 3 finish:thumbsup:

Good post - but I wouldn't go quite that far. I think they'd have beaten us in six weeks time too.

Two of their goals were scored by a Brazilian - when was the last time a Scottish team had a decent Brazilian player in their ranks? it gives you an idea of the sort of wages they are paying.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Good post - but I wouldn't go quite that far. I think they'd have beaten us in six weeks time too.

Two of their goals were scored by a Brazilian - when was the last time a Scottish team had a decent Brazilian player in their ranks? it gives you an idea of the sort of wages they are paying.

I agree. Yon number 9 was a player. Better than anyone we've had at ER for decades.

They'd beat us in 6 weeks or 16 weeks,

They are better then us. Move on.

I just hope Yogi doesn't bottle his passing game philosophy.

tamig
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM

And what's sad about that exactly? :confused:

Cabbage1875
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I agree. Yon number 9 was a player. Better than anyone we've had at ER for decades.

They'd beat us in 6 weeks or 16 weeks,

They are better then us. Move on.

I just hope Yogi doesn't bottle his passing game philosophy.

Nurse.

Or are you serious?

Is it one win in twenty or something now? (serious question)

tamig
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The shape of our team was shocking, 4 extra metres on that pitch and we still dont get the ball wide and try and find the bye line. They could have made the pitch 4 metre less in width and we still would have been narrow.

Totally agree. It's a continuation from the 2nd half of last season. No width and no threat. Very frustrating.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
And what's sad about that exactly? :confused:

Don't be confused.

A player who couldn't be ersered turning up for pre-season training in time and who has publicly stated that he wants away is our best player. That's sad.

When he goes we will be left with lesser players.

That's even sadder.

Thigh ar la
05-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I honestly dont think that this is true! I think that when the ball came to our full backs or centre midfield it was immediately launched to Nish, who (to his credit) got on the end of a good few. At no point did we have any real runners or even a remote semblance of energy. Marabor played a simple game and had people willing to make the odd run which subsequently made them look a decent team. We were absolutely dire! No fluidity, organisation and most importantly desire. You cant just blame Hughes, those guys out there really showed little or no appetite for any kind of fight. Inverness or Motherwell would have done much better than us tonight - very worrying....

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Why??:confused:
Because every Brazilian automatically gets paid high wages or something?
Would be happy to be pointed towards any info on what Maribor pay their players.

tamig
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Don't be confused.

A player who couldn't be ersered turning up for pre-season training in time and who has publicly stated that he wants away is our best player. That's sad.

When he goes we will be left with lesser players.

That's even sadder.

I think we should enjoy him while he's still here. Thought he was immense tonight. It will be sad when he goes but I don't thnk it's right to say he couldn't be ersed turning up for pre-season. Don't think we've heard the full story from either side on that one.

greenlex
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Most of that Maribor team would walk in to the current Hibs set up and oust a good few in the old firm.

Criswell
05-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Bamba was the one bit of class we had tonight. Without him it could have got really embarrassing. The only other players I would give pass marks to would be Deeks and Hart.
If Hughes thinks Nish is a footballer then he must be the only one on the planet.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Bamba was the one bit of class we had tonight. Without him it could have got really embarrassing. The only other players I would give pass marks to would be Deeks and Hart.
If Hughes thinks Nish is a footballer then he must be the only one on the planet.

And if you think the person who scored two for Hibs isn't?

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Nurse.

Or are you serious?

Is it one win in twenty or something now? (serious question)

3 wins in the last 20 competitive matches. :agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2009,00.html