PDA

View Full Version : De Graff

hibeemikey21
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
To those of you at the game tonight, how good was he?

His two goals, coupled with this report from the BBC made him sound he was a one man team for us!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8879246.stm

On a night of doom and gloom, at least we can say well done Edwin! :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Took a good swipe at some Maribo player ... lucky to avoid the ref's wrath.

Didnae see the goals with thanks to Hibs TV. :grr:

He was all over the place in the first half tho and seemed to be there or there aboots in the thick of things which, is not to be faulted on the effort stakes. :agree:

hibee_girl
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Have to say I wasn't impressed, he looked slow, wanted far too much time on the ball and took more touches than were required in the box.

Good goal from him though :agree:

sauzee
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
utter crap

Scooter
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Took a good swipe at some Maribo player ... lucky to avoid the ref's wrath.

Didnae see the goals with thanks to Hibs TV. :grr:

He was all over the place in the first half tho and seemed to be there or there aboots in the thick of things which, is not to be faulted on the effort stakes. :agree:

moved inside to right side of a 3 and was very good only one of a few who tried to go forward

TrinityHibs
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Thought he did well unlike some others

hibee
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I thought he was our best player tonight (not hard I know) but he looks like a decent signing.

Musselbound
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Have to say I wasn't impressed, he looked slow, wanted far too much time on the ball and took more touches than were required in the box.

Good goal from him though :agree:

Credit to him for his goals but likewise I wasn't that impressed overall. Laboured touch at times but didn't they all! Quite hopeful he will stick a few away over the course of the season but I wouldn't get carried away at this stage. Rather than being a one man team I thought he was anonymous for about at least half an hour of the game. Mind you, some were pretty anonymous for 90.

Phil D. Rolls
05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Jarko Wiss anyone?

oregonhibby
05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
First touch was poor. He tried hard as did Bamba. Below par for the rest.

Greenblood70
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM
He was the best of a bad bunch in our midfield imo..first goal was a deflection and I'd left before his second.

He missed a sitter in the first half but linked quite well with Deek on a couple of occasions in the second half..didn't quite come off for him but he looked decent enough to me.

If people think he's crap **** knows what game they were watching.

GloryGlory
05-08-2010, 09:19 PM
First touch was poor. He tried hard as did Bamba. Below par for the rest.

:agree: Energetic, makes good runs, as you say poor control and not particularly skilful. Will probably stand out in the SPL, particularly if he can score a few goals along the way, something we lacked from midfield last season.

cammy1969
05-08-2010, 09:21 PM
He was the best of a bad bunch in our midfield imo..first goal was a deflection and I'd left before his second.

He missed a sitter in the first half but linked quite well with Deek on a couple of occasions in the second half..didn't quite come off for him but he looked decent enough to me.

thats how i saw it as well once he gets the pace of our game think he could be a good signing

Westie1875
05-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Agree with this, the only criticism is that his first touch wasn't great - but he isn't alone in that. Was certainly our best midfielder, thought it was between him and Deeks for MOM.

bandylegs_jLeighton
05-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Seen enough from him tonight to suggest he'll do alright in the SPL.
Gets forward well and I can see him scoring a few this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountcastleHibs
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
As my mate said, he was a horse in a stable of donkey's.

Best Hibs player by a mile and very impressed by him. Only positive from a very depressing night.

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought the whole team was dreadful tonight. But special mention for nish

RoYO!
05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
utter crap

Hmmm :confused:

care to elaborate? Or did you not see the game?

hibeemad
05-08-2010, 09:32 PM
what a bunch of useless TOSSERS

Nish is a JOKE

Riordan and Bamba both got pass marks but the rest were *****

KingFranck
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Thought Edwin linked well with Nish and Stokes look forward to more of the same this season

Thecat23
05-08-2010, 09:42 PM
utter crap

Honest question here.. Were you at the game? not being smart, but he was prob our best player tonight, got up and down the park, showed himself for the ball and looked good. So to say that is beyond me.

Liam Miller, Hart, and McBride for me were Hibs worst players..Liam (the grab) Miller never looked interested and walked about looking bored. Mcbride looked off the pace and Hart looked very nervous. Bamba, Deeks and De Graff were the best of a bad bunch.

Dunbar Hibee
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
De graff was very good imo

Jonnyboy
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
utter crap

Insightful eh :bitchy:

Raymond
05-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I reckon its very Good work on Yogi's part,hes managed to find the only Dutch player who dosent have a first touch:bitchy:He looked like he was blowing out his erse after 15 mins,box to box midfielder Yogi?he's no Pat McGinlay thats for sure,i really really hope he gets better:boo hoo:But hey ho,we all see games different eh?

LEaston87
05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
he was our best midfield performer, and its good that he got some goals to give himself some confidence at his new club coz some players can take months if not never to get going at their new club :agree:

he wasnt a world beater today and had some poor touches but he was making some good runs, miller and mcbride were terrible. If someones comparing him to Jarkko Wiss then god knows who Miller & McBride can be compared to...

ForeverHibs93
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Honest question here.. Were you at the game? not being smart, but he was prob our best player tonight, got up and down the park, showed himself for the ball and looked good. So to say that is beyond me.

Liam Miller, Hart, and McBride for me were Hibs worst players..Liam (the grab) Miller never looked interested and walked about looking bored. Mcbride looked off the pace and Hart looked very nervous. Bamba, Deeks and De Graff were the best of a bad bunch.
Not saying much in fairness though mate is it? The way I see it he looked good because the rest of the team was awful. Credit for the two goals though despite one being lucky:wink:

Thecat23
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
he was our best midfield performer, and its good that he got some goals to give himself some confidence at his new club coz some players can take months if not never to get going at their new club :agree:

he wasnt a world beater today and had some poor touches but he was making some good runs, miller and mcbride were terrible. If someones comparing him to Jarkko Wiss then god knows who Miller & McBride can be compared to...

The chuckle brothers, because that was comedy gold. They were honking tonight they really were. De Graff at least got up and down the park. Someone just posted he was breathing out his @rse after 15 mins. Well mate at least he was still trying to get into the box what was Miller and McBride doing??

churchie16
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
absoulte class must be wondering what he's got himself into with these clowns around him !

Thecat23
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Not saying much in fairness though mate is it? The way I see it he looked good because the rest of the team was awful. Credit for the two goals though despite one being lucky:wink:

True bud, it's not exactly hard to stand out a bit after that performance but to say he's "utter crap" is just pish. I think he will do alright for us. :agree:

ShanksSaidNo
Hmmm :confused:

care to elaborate? Or did you not see the game?
As uninsightful as 'utter crap' may seem - i have to say its not far off the mark!
I was at the game tonight and the boy de graaf is a million miles away from the player Hughes built him up to be! poor first touch and no composure on the ball. he did get himself in some good positions but was wasteful when the ball got up to him (mainly again down to his first touch). Conceded he was playing in a poor midfield tonight (McBride and Miller were off the pace), and perhaps he's a bit short of match sharpness but a pacey box to box midfielder? i think not.

Hibby Bairn
Only midfielder making himself available for a pass. But Bamba was MOM. Absolutely strolled through it. Pity his 3 colleagues at the back have lead in their boots.

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Just back from the game.

Thought De Graaf looked as if he was labouring when he ran and his first touch was poor.

He did put a really good shift in though and I can see why fans will like him.

Being honest, for us to be able to sign him in the first place there had to be a catch (2 catches actually - as mentioned above, his first touch is very poor and he looks very one paced).

Bamba was MOTM by a mile - strolled through the game. If I was a scout for an english premiership or championship club I would strongly recommend that my club signed Bamba.

Finally - The pitch looked brilliant and the new stand is impressive. :agree:

Hiber-nation
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
As uninsightful as 'utter crap' may seem - i have to say its not far off the mark!
I was at the game tonight and the boy de graaf is a million miles away from the player Hughes built him up to be! poor first touch and no composure on the ball. he did get himself in some good positions but was wasteful when the ball got up to him (mainly again down to his first touch). Conceded he was playing in a poor midfield tonight (McBride and Miller were off the pace), and perhaps he's a bit short of match sharpness but a pacey box to box midfielder? i think not.

Aye, 2 goals from a midfielder in Europe for the first time since fek knows who and its not good enough. Jeezus.

greenlex
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Poor mans John Rankin.