PDA

View Full Version : So You Got Your Ant and Deeks - We Must Have Won Then

Speedway
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
So Hughes played the golden couple, how many did they score?

(((Fergus)))
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM

2 more than without

MontrealHibs
05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
2 more than without

Really, despite the assist coming from Colin Nish for goal 2 and the first one being from Albion Road?

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry buy are you blaming that on Stokes and riordan?

SRHibs
05-08-2010, 08:44 PM
At least we actually LOOKED a threat at most times with them 2 on the park. They might not have scored, but there's definitely more chance of us scoring with them 2 playing.

EDIT: Someone's editing my posts? Nice...

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Are you happy they never scored?! What a crazy place hibs.net can be.

Just Jimmy
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
if we'd got away with 3-2 in the first leg we'd have had a chance. tonight was a formality, we went out last Thursday. Hughes must go. Not for tonight but for ten months of utter utter pish.

MontrealHibs
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't think happy is a term anybody can use tonight.

hibsmum
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
scored more than we did last week when they werent playing

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
The damage wis done in the first leg hairyamigofraedoonLeith matey.

We were ****ed before we started.

Had Deek and Stokes NO been on, I can aboot guarantee we'd no have gotten as far forward as to score **** all ... we'd no have made it thru midfield. I seen BOTH them two **** shots and passes but equally, I seen them spray them anaw.

That instills confidence. I seen Deek run from midway in the Maribo half to the edge of our box and stick in a challenge (the lazy **** he is) - I seen STOKES do the same. They both worked their ***** of.

I dont think tonight we were collectively TOO Bad. The issue is, we were utter ***** last week and thats when the damage was done.

Simples.

ENDOF

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
if we'd got away with 3-2 in the first leg we'd have had a chance. tonight was a formality, we went out last Thursday. Hughes must go. Not for tonight but for ten months of utter utter pish.

10 months is an exaggeration. February 14-May15 + pre-season = 3 months + pre season to me.

Speedway
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
At least we actually LOOKED a threat at most times with them 2 on the park. They might not have scored, but there's definitely more chance of us scoring with them 2 playing.

But wait a minute, I thought tonight's performance was an undefendable disgrace. So we looked like scoring now?

Are you happy they never scored?! What a crazy place hibs.net can be.

No I'm unhappy at the contradictory posting that is rife on the main board. Whichever side is blacker, we'll use it.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
No I'm unhappy at the contradictory posting that is rife on the main board. Whichever side is blacker, we'll use it.

Quite.

Captain Trips
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM

We got Ant and Deeks and 9 others with 3-0 in their heads, totally different mindset and situation from playing them last week, I never really thought for a minute we would go through with them playing, it was always about defending an away goal loss.

So I dont think them playing tonight has any bearing on last week.

Just Jimmy
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
10 months is an exaggeration. February 14-May15 + pre-season = 3 months + pre season to me.

If you base it on results only yes, on performances mibbie not?

Still last seasons end was not acceptable was it?

Last week? Tonight? Ross County? The first time or the second?

He's not got it, I never wanted a 'Hibs man' again because it happens time and again, but we got a 'hibs man'' it's not working that much is plain and it's egg on the face of the man who has failed with yet another managerial appointment.

Cabbage1875
05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
The funny thing is, I knew this thread would appear. :yawn:

PLaying Stokes and Riordan (arguably one of our better players by a distance) gives us a better chance of winning games.

It really is that simple!!

Mili Tant
05-08-2010, 09:32 PM

PLaying Stokes and Riordan (arguably one of our better players by a distance) gives us a better chance of winning games.
It really is that simple!!

And playing with a "target man" that can't head, pass, hold the ball up, tackle or even stay on his feet, means almost certain defeat. YOGI MUST GO - AND NISH ALONG WI' UM

Cod Boy
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
at least rankin cant get the blame tonight from his boo boys

ShanksSaidNo
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
This is an absolutely ridiculous thread to start. Yes we all wanted Stokes and Riordan to play - but thats purely because they would have been better than Nish in the first leg - which would possibly have resulted in a different scoreline in Slovenia, in turn coming into tonights match with something to play for. Has the fact that Riordan and Stokes didnt score tonight (ultimately leading to us going out) given you some sort of irrational satisfaction? coz thats how the op reads!

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
This is an absolutely ridiculous thread to start. Yes we all wanted Stokes and Riordan to play - but thats purely because they would have been better than Nish in the first leg - which would possibly have resulted in a different scoreline in Slovenia, in turn coming into tonights match with something to play for. Has the fact that Riordan and Stokes didnt score tonight (ultimately leading to us going out) given you some sort of irrational satisfaction? coz thats how the op reads!

No it's called irony...

ShanksSaidNo
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
No it's called irony...
So taking pleasure in the irony of our team getting pumped out of Europe despite our 2 best strikers playing. Still a completely pointless thread.

tamig
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM

But they still never played together up front. I think that's what many folk would like to see. What would you have suggested when we were chasing the game after the first leg?

Captain Trips
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM
No it's called irony...

Dont really think its irony at all.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
So taking pleasure in the irony of our team getting pumped out of Europe despite our 2 best strikers playing. Still a completely pointless thread.

No it's ironic...

Saorsa
06-08-2010, 12:45 AM

It really is that simple!!:agree:

And playing with a "target man" that can't head, pass, hold the ball up, tackle or even stay on his feet, means almost certain defeat. YOGI MUST GO - AND NISH ALONG WI' UM:agree:

Nae surprise tae see whae started this thread though :yawn:

sixtwo
06-08-2010, 01:31 AM
2 removed posts later i have learned that i cannot tell speedway what i really think about him/her/it!
truth is a more attacking line up deliverd 2 goals. whether the game was played in slovenia, easter road or the jack kane centre, we would have stood a better chance of scoring if we played any other known striker than colin pish!

vahibbie
06-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Dont really think its irony at all.

me neither. It's just a load ay *****e.

Cameron1875
06-08-2010, 02:14 AM
I have no idea what the OP is on about. Riordan is our best player and the only player in the team tonight that got Maribor nervous. He made them backtrack everytime he was on the ball and lights up the crowd. He would have had an assist but christ knows how nish missed the header from his cross.

Stokes was quiet an actually looks a couple of pounds overweight and a little unfit.

Someone mentioned the other day that only in scotland would people see these players as luxurys and they are spot on. I would pay to see these guys rather than a team of so called 'workers'. If i wanted to see workers i'd go to rugby park or st mirren.