PDA

View Full Version : Do The Players Want To Play For Yogi?

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2010, 08:31 PM
They showed no real fervour, enthusiasm, pace or zip tonight, it was like an end of the season game. We tried a half-arsed storming start but once that ran out of steam and Maribor scored, there was nothing.

I question whether JH can motivate these players. Whether its him or them, there clearly is an issue here. These are young, fit men, playing in their chosen profession, and they look like a bunch of listless jakeys waiting for their chosen George Street hostelry to open.

I would get rid of them all and stipulate that we must have eleven non-Scots (or English) in any Hibernian team, unless they have come through the youth system. As a nation we (Scotland/England/UK) are clearly a bunch of wasters who simply can't play football. No wonder Wenger doesn't have any and Man U and Chelsea a scant sprinkling.

Get rid of them, and have 11 hungry, fit and technically competent overseas players. Its the only way we'll ever progress.

erskine-hibby
05-08-2010, 08:34 PM
They showed no real fervour, enthusiasm, pace or zip tonight, it was like an end of the season game. We tried a half-arsed storming start but once that ran out of steam and Maribor scored, there was nothing.

I question whether JH can motivate these players. Whether its him or them, there clearly is an issue here. These are young, fit men, playing in their chosen profession, and they look like a bunch of listless jakeys waiting for their chosen George Street hostelry to open.

I would get rid of them all and stipulate that we must have eleven non-Scots (or English) in any Hibernian team, unless they have come through the youth system. As a nation we (Scotland/England/UK) are clearly a bunch of wasters who simply can't play football. No wonder Wenger doesn't have any and Man U and Chelsea a scant sprinkling.

Get rid of them, and have 11 hungry, fit and technically competent overseas players. Its the only way we'll ever progress.

Nail on head for me:agree:

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Like Burley wi Scotland, they motivated themselves for the first half or rather til we lost the goal.

When it all went tits up, there was nae plan B.

I do think Hughes put out hte right team. I do think he used the right tactics anaw tonight.

I also think the wrong team and wrong tactics cost us the game last week.

Finally, as I Say, when it come on top, there was no plan B, no motivation and no **** all.

In fact, there was 7 goals lost and 2 scored. We'd have scored more and lost less had we played like we did for the first 30 mins tonight and with THAT line-up.

Do we live and learn? I dunno.

Greenblood70
05-08-2010, 08:50 PM
IMO no they don't..at the moment it reminds me of the dying embers of the Mixu regime..I think we'll limp along until the results get bad enough that the Board can act and try to cajole Yogi into a resignation. I don't think he'll do it of his own volition.

In the meantime we'll see the same half arsed, pedestrian performances.

erskine-hibby
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
IMO no they don't..at the moment it reminds me of the dying embers of the Mixu regime..I think we'll limp along until the results get bad enough that the Board can act and try to cajole Yogi into a resignation. I don't think he'll do it of his own volition.

In the meantime we'll see the same half arsed, pedestrian performances.

Yogi's record is worse, much worse, since Feb than anything under Mixu...or any other manager of Hibs I can remember.

hibsmum
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
should be playing for the fans and the club forget yogi managers come and go but club and fans are always there

snooky
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Been saying for ages that the players are not playing for the manager because
a) they think he's a balloon
b) he's their pal and they don't need to try too hard
c) a combination of both a) & b)

What ever the reason it's over, Michelle McManus has started singing :bye:

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
the Michelle McManus has stopped singing :bye:

I have witnessed 6 goals slapped past my team.

I've heard lunatics tell me Yogi is a tactical mastermind.

I've listened to yams talk about European glory, 400,000 seaters and huns talking about having no sectarian problem.

NOTHING has un-nerved me more than thinking aboot big Michelle singing. FFS. There was NAE need for that mate. :grr: :greengrin

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 09:05 PM
On tonight's performance, yes, the players don't give a damn about Yogi, which, given the 1st leg debacle, hardly surprises me.

Greenblood70
05-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Yogi's record is worse, much worse, since Feb than anything under Mixu...or any other manager of Hibs I can remember.

I believe you, I was talking more of the deepening gloom amongst the support and the feeling that nothing will be done imminantly so we're stuck with what we have for a while yet (all imo).

Phil D. Rolls
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I think if some of the nonsense Yogi comes out with on telly and in the press is a fair reflection of what he says to the players, they must sometimes get confused as to what he is actually asking them to dio.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
There seems to be more and more stories coming out of East Mains of player unrest.... Has Yogi lost the dressing room?

Westie1875
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM
There seems to be more and more stories coming out of East Mains of player unrest.... Has Yogi lost the dressing room?

It does seem that way :boo hoo:

Golden Bear
06-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Unfortunately this is becoming a consistent theme. It happened with JC, Mixu and now Yogi.

However the common thread throughout is the players and not the Managers.

Whatever the cause of the current malaise at the Club, the players should not "stop playing" as a means of hastening the departure of the Manager.

Time you had a word Rod!

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Unfortunately this is becoming a consistent theme. It happened with JC, Mixu and now Yogi.

However the common thread throughout is the players and not the Managers.

Whatever the cause of the current malaise at the Club, the players should not "stop playing" as a means of hastening the departure of the Manager.

Time you had a word Rod!

I agree. We have too many gutless poseurs masquerading as footballers who won't try a leg, and are nowhere as good as they think. Even when we were pressing in the first twenty minutes we were so slow and unimaginative. The game was over the first goal, the rest an embarrassing farce.

Even putting aside Scottish football's joke status, Hibs have been terrible all year and Yogi can't seem to turn it around. Worrying times.